Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 05-02-2011, 04:12 PM   #1351
hannahdrewmom
DIS Veteran

We are doing a split stay from Poly to BC. This will be our first time cl at BC and we have had great interaction with Annie as well. In fact, I just got an email from her today letting me know not to worry. Sounds like we might over lap with some people on here too.... May 11-14. Here's to a great time at BC cl to everyone going!
Old 05-02-2011, 05:33 PM   #1352
gretchenohar@hotmail

DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinderelly View Post
I am reading about the posts about the wonderful service everyone is getting from IPO and I'm very confused and very worried about our upcoming trip. We are doing a split stay 3 nights Pop and 4 nights BC CL. I can't get anywhere with BC IPO. I haev sent several emails dated 4/22-4/28 I can't get a response. I finally called IPO last week and was told yes, they had my emails and I should be called by a supervisor in 1-2 days. I still haven't heard from anyone. I had to keep after IPO to send the "form" to fill out. Then faxed the form back asking for 2 ADRs which had no availability. I asked for caffeine free diet soda as due to a medical reason I can have either. I was told they could send a "runner" to the store so I could purchase. Then when I called I was told I would have to order it through private dining. I was also told "no they won't help me with ordering a cake" I am wondering why I booked CL at this point. I just called to see if there is availability at another resort (booked with a PIN so I doubt it) but the system is down.
YIKES! Isn't that what you're paying $$$ for?!?
Have stayed CL at the Poly twice - vowed last year never to do it again - both the Poly & CL.
I'm so sorry you're having such a hard time!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-02-2011, 06:00 PM   #1353
PRaffen
Can't wait for my first cruise to get here!

Quote:
I am reading about the posts about the wonderful service everyone is getting from IPO and I'm very confused and very worried about our upcoming trip. We are doing a split stay 3 nights Pop and 4 nights BC CL. I can't get anywhere with BC IPO. I haev sent several emails dated 4/22-4/28 I can't get a response. I finally called IPO last week and was told yes, they had my emails and I should be called by a supervisor in 1-2 days. I still haven't heard from anyone. I had to keep after IPO to send the "form" to fill out. Then faxed the form back asking for 2 ADRs which had no availability. I asked for caffeine free diet soda as due to a medical reason I can have either. I was told they could send a "runner" to the store so I could purchase. Then when I called I was told I would have to order it through private dining. I was also told "no they won't help me with ordering a cake" I am wondering why I booked CL at this point. I just called to see if there is availability at another resort (booked with a PIN so I doubt it) but the system is down.

I'm so sorry you had so many issues. Just shouldn't have happened. No excuse for not getting back to you.

We've stayed CL many times in the past 20 years. The service and offerings have definitely gone downhill. When we first started staying CL the service was outstanding (the website years ago even stated they'd sew on a button for you! ) but now I'm reading that they won't even take care of ordering a cake or providing diet caffeine free soda ... ridiculous.

We were at Poly a couple years ago; requested diet caffeine free coke through IPO prior to our arrival and while it wasn't put in my room, it was always available when I asked. (although I don't know why they don't just stock the fridge with it like AKL does as it did get tiresome to always have to find someone to ask for it. )

Anyways, I'd need more than a 40% off code before I'd book CL again. I'd miss the special check-in but just no longer worth it to me.

I hope all goes well - have a wonderful trip.
Old 05-02-2011, 06:00 PM   #1354
camsmomE
"right on the bum- that way no one will even notice us scraping our pineapples!!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by gretchenohar@hotmail View Post
Have stayed CL at the Poly twice - vowed last year never to do it again - both the Poly & CL.
Why? What happened? I'm leaving for there in 3 days...

"I think I need my head examined" TR AUG 2010;I'm Back! and I STILL need my head examined- TR AUG 2010; Fist Pumpin' at the POLY Shore! PTR MAY 2011AUG 2-8,2010 WL; OCT 3-4, 2010 POP; NOV 17-19, 2010 Beach Club; JAN 16-17, 2011 Portofino Bay @Universal; FEB 14-15, 2011 Portofino Bay @Universal; MAR 14-16, 2011 Nick Hotel; MAY 5-8, 2011 POLY CL; JUN 2-5, 2011 AKL-Jambo; JUN 5-9, 2011 PBR CL; NOV 5-7 BLT- SOLO TRIP
Old 05-02-2011, 06:07 PM   #1355
LorieDisneyLover
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharlon View Post
I'm starting to feel better about my contact with BWI IPO. Our trip is at the end of July. I had not heard anything as of last week, so I sent an email just letting them know who is in our room and that we have no special requests. I also let them know that we plan on checking in that morning. The response I got was like "OK, that's nice. Why did you even contact us?" I was surprised, after reading here, that I had to make first contact 90 days out.
Oh my ... were those their exact words? I'd be pretty upset about that. Not nice at all.

Loving our new home at BLT!

Old 05-02-2011, 07:24 PM   #1356
cinmell
The first person to reply on any thread needs to quote the OP. That way when someone does the delete of nevermind edit we know what was there LOVES U2 & COACH bags

We've made some changes to adrs made by IPO

Does IPO give you a print out of you adrs when you arrive? Poly IPO made adrs for us but we changed the times for a few of them. Do you notify IPO of the changes you have made to your itinerary/dining reservations?

~~My husband never thought anyone would read my post nevermind respond to it!~~
Old 05-02-2011, 07:33 PM   #1357
Lisa S.
Trip planner extradordinaire!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cinmell View Post
Does IPO give you a print out of you adrs when you arrive? Poly IPO made adrs for us but we changed the times for a few of them. Do you notify IPO of the changes you have made to your itinerary/dining reservations?
Yes, they told me that if I changed anything I would have to let them know because otherwise they would have the old information. I added 2 ADR's on my own (because I completely changed things around) and I sent them an email letting them know, and also gave them the confirmation numbers. HTH!
Old 05-02-2011, 08:31 PM   #1358
gretchenohar@hotmail

DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by camsmomE View Post
Why? What happened? I'm leaving for there in 3 days...
Sending you a PM...
Old 05-02-2011, 11:49 PM   #1359
Sinderelly
Princess

Quote:
Thank you! I finally got through to a different IPO CM and I think it will be okay now (crossing fingers)
Old 05-02-2011, 11:54 PM   #1360
Sinderelly
Princess

Quote:
Originally Posted by PRaffen View Post
I'm so sorry you had so many issues. Just shouldn't have happened. No excuse for not getting back to you.

We've stayed CL many times in the past 20 years. The service and offerings have definitely gone downhill. When we first started staying CL the service was outstanding (the website years ago even stated they'd sew on a button for you! ) but now I'm reading that they won't even take care of ordering a cake or providing diet caffeine free soda ... ridiculous.

We were at Poly a couple years ago; requested diet caffeine free coke through IPO prior to our arrival and while it wasn't put in my room, it was always available when I asked. (although I don't know why they don't just stock the fridge with it like AKL does as it did get tiresome to always have to find someone to ask for it. )

Anyways, I'd need more than a 40% off code before I'd book CL again. I'd miss the special check-in but just no longer worth it to me.

I hope all goes well - have a wonderful trip.
The CM from customer service put me through to Anne @ BC IPO. She couldn't explain why I didn't receive a respnse but apologized and said they will deliver Sprite Zero to our room. I wish I had been able to speak with Ann from the beginning. I now feel better about our trip. Thanks so much for your response!
Old 05-03-2011, 06:24 AM   #1361
dgbg100106

It is pretty unique... Just like me
Mommy, please make the mean witch stop talking to me

Quote:
The CM from customer service put me through to Anne @ BC IPO. She couldn't explain why I didn't receive a respnse but apologized and said they will deliver Sprite Zero to our room. I wish I had been able to speak with Ann from the beginning. I now feel better about our trip. Thanks so much for your response!

So glad you got to talk to a CM that helped you and made you feel better about the trip.

73 Cont, 74 Poly, 91 Swan, 02 CBR, 05 BWV, 09 Jambo House AKL (F&WF), 10 Jambo House AKL (F&WF), 11 BWV, 11 BCV (F&WF)

2013 Cruising adventures
3rd times a Charm, F&WF2011 Celebrating Graduations at the world2010 F&WF, AKV with Sunrise Safari and 7 nights on Cruise
Old 05-03-2011, 09:20 AM   #1362
pas130
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Thank you! I finally got through to a different IPO CM and I think it will be okay now (crossing fingers)
Glad you found someone to help. That's a lesson I've learned when calling reservations, if you can't get what you need, politely say you'll call back and the next CM can usually help. Sounds like it's the same with IPO.

camsmomE YAY for your trip!!!!! Have a fantastic time at the Poly!!
Old 05-03-2011, 09:40 AM   #1363
disneydreamin247
DIS Veteran

I have been dealing with Amanda at the Poly IPO and she's just been absolutely fabulous. She was able to reserve our cabana for us this morning and has handled all of our requests far beyond my expectations.
Old 05-03-2011, 10:10 AM   #1364
sharlon
2008 DisCup Nascar Champ
I went from saying words to BLAH, BLAH, BLAH
My kids respectfully debate the passage of gas

Quote:
Originally Posted by LorieDisneyLover View Post
Oh my ... were those their exact words? I'd be pretty upset about that. Not nice at all.
Not exact words, just the impression I got. I made it clear in my first email that we were new to CL. I guess I was (over) expecting some guidance. Maybe a sentence saying "Hey! Come straight to CL when you arrive, we'll check you in." If it weren't for this thread, I wouldn't know that. Maybe an offer of services they provide. It offers no information, whatsoever.
The email does welcome us to the Boardwalk and offer assistance (which is all it says), should we need it. I guess my concern is, if you are a new guest to Club Level, you might not know what assistance to ask for. I also was expecting them to make first contact, which didn't happen.
Old 05-03-2011, 01:09 PM   #1365
swwake
RIP our sweet Magic (09/27/10)

Quote:
Also curious as to why. This is what we have booked.

Visit my travel blog: Oh, the Places We'll Go!
December 2011 PTR September 2010 Trip Report Oasis of the Seas Cruise TR Las Vegas TR
1974, 1983, 1987, 1989 off property * 1988 DL * 1989 Premiere Cruise & Disney * 1997 ASMu * 1998 CBR * 2000 DL * 2008 BC * 2010 AKL CL * 2011 Poly CL * 2013 CBR
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: