Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 04-07-2011, 11:45 AM   #1036
tobin04
Mouseketeer

Another question-I have read that you should email the CL CM's once you are confirmed. I already have the ADR's I want. Should I still email them?

Also-if you are staying at RPC, is there something in particular I should request? I really want a balcony-do all CL rooms have a balcony? I'd love a king bed, but I can certainly live with 2 queens, so I don't think I want to waste my "request" on that. Can I request a park-view room? Or would that have been an upgrade? I've searched the boards, and read a ton, but I'm not finding these answers! Thank you so much!
Old 04-07-2011, 12:07 PM   #1037
pas130
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tobin04 View Post
Another question-I have read that you should email the CL CM's once you are confirmed. I already have the ADR's I want. Should I still email them?

Also-if you are staying at RPC, is there something in particular I should request? I really want a balcony-do all CL rooms have a balcony? I'd love a king bed, but I can certainly live with 2 queens, so I don't think I want to waste my "request" on that. Can I request a park-view room? Or would that have been an upgrade? I've searched the boards, and read a ton, but I'm not finding these answers! Thank you so much!
I know you have been on the GF thread. But I would DEFINITELY post these questions there as well. The GF pros are awesome I would email the CL CMs right away just to say hi. And you can make your requests to them as well. Park view is a separate booking category. But you can always make the request. Why not? They are good about getting back the same day!

Aug 14 TR: Go with the flow dudeJungleCruiser*Sarah,forever in my heart*
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-07-2011, 12:15 PM   #1038
CR Resort Fan 4 Life
DIS Veteran

Quote:
You are not actually e-mailing the Club Level Cast Members that will be in the Royal Palm lounge. What you are thinking of is the Grand Floridian IPO Cast Members who have nothing to do with the Club Level Cast Members because those are the ones who make your ADR's, handle special requests and etc before you arrive. So basically all the information you tell them is then passed to the Royal Palm Club Level Cast Members a few days before you arrive. Anyway if there are requests you might have or ADR's you want then you should e-mail the IPO.

Last edited by CR Resort Fan 4 Life; 04-07-2011 at 01:18 PM.
Old 04-07-2011, 01:08 PM   #1039
Cinderumbrella
Wench

Quote:

Most have balconies and yes, you have to pay for the theme park view in RPC. I know we had a king bed room for 1 night in 2009, that I believe was a deluxe room, but it did not have a balcony. We moved the next day since there were 3 of us and I did not want DS sleeping on a rollaway for all 10 nights (it wasn't very comfortable).

Definitely check out the GF FAQ for more details about this.
The Contemporary September 2010~The Contemporary June 2010~ Grand Floridian RPC December 2009~The Contemporary June 2009~ Grand Floridian December 2008~
Pop Century May 2008~Grand Floridian August 2007~Animal Kingdom Lodge December 2006~ Port Orleans Riverside October 2005~Beach Club February 2000~
Grand Floridian August 1997

Old 04-07-2011, 01:08 PM   #1040
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Quote:
Sorry-you know how the internet is, I felt like you were making fun, somehow- And no, I don't think I can "downgrade". I know everything is the same, by downgrade, I meant, you know, go cheaper with SL! LOL!
No need to apologize, tobin04. Yep, I know how the internet can be - one person's joke is another's insult.

CRRF4L is right that you should initiate contact with the GF IPO. Even if you don't have any requests and even if you switch to SL, the IPO will be the same. Just include your confirmation number in your email. BTW, the IPO for the GF is the same office as for the CR. I don't know if Marijane is still with the GF/CR IPO, but she was a real gem.

Have a great vacation at the GF!
Old 04-07-2011, 03:31 PM   #1041
disneydreamin247
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pas130 View Post
disneydreamin247 Sorry you are still up, like WDWKOOK said, Hope you get a good nap in
Thanks! I got a nice 5ish hour nap (with 2 feedings in there of course)

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK View Post
I'm sorry you were up all night. And, I just realized that when I wrote that you "have to save something for your next visit," I was referring to a GF room category and not money. Hope you didn't get the wrong idea and I hope you get a nice nap today.

I know what you meant! It didn't even cross my mind the other way lol. I really hope the next 166 days go quickly. I can't wait to board the plane already. I haven't gone on vacation in a year! I need to hear a bright and cheery "Aloha!"
Old 04-07-2011, 03:35 PM   #1042
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneydreamin247 View Post

I know what you meant! It didn't even cross my mind the other way lol. I really hope the next 166 days go quickly. I can't wait to board the plane already. I haven't gone on vacation in a year! I need to hear a bright and cheery "Aloha!"
Old 04-07-2011, 03:43 PM   #1043
disneydreamin247
DIS Veteran

OMG! That totally made my day. Thank you a million times!!!
Old 04-07-2011, 03:45 PM   #1044
Monorail Bob's dd
DIS Veteran

Is there any special requests I should make regarding the deluxe CL room at BWI? Anything I should be letting them know in advance? I was sent the email survey to fill out regarding our trip but I made my ADR's a few months ago and we are not booking any special excursions or anything like that. The only thing extra I will potentially need is a rollaway bed for our first night - my MIL may stay that one night and it would be best if we could give her the sofa bed to herself and put my youngest in a rollaway just so everyone has their own space. Beyond that, I am not sure what other info they may need to know. Any special tips regarding BWI Innkeepers Club? TIA!

Poly - '80, '84, '91, CR - '87, '88, BW Villas - '97, POFQ - '07, Marriott Grand Vista - '09, CSR - '10
BWI CL - '11, Yacht Club - '12, AKL - March, 2013, Poly - August, 2013
Old 04-07-2011, 03:51 PM   #1045
CR Resort Fan 4 Life
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monorail Bob's dd View Post
Is there any special requests I should make regarding the deluxe CL room at BWI? Anything I should be letting them know in advance? I was sent the email survey to fill out regarding our trip but I made my ADR's a few months ago and we are not booking any special excursions or anything like that. The only thing extra I will potentially need is a rollaway bed for our first night - my MIL may stay that one night and it would be best if we could give her the sofa bed to herself and put my youngest in a rollaway just so everyone has their own space. Beyond that, I am not sure what other info they may need to know. Any special tips regarding BWI Innkeepers Club? TIA!
I mentioned this to you on another thread but maybe you didn't see it, so I will say it again. If you want a room with a bigger balcony request the 3rd floor, because the balconies are smaller for the 4th floor rooms. However the lounge is located on the 4th floor, so is it more important to be closer to it or having a bigger balcony?
Old 04-07-2011, 04:05 PM   #1046
Monorail Bob's dd
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by CR Resort Fan 4 Life View Post
I mentioned this to you on another thread but maybe you didn't see it, so I will say it again. If you want a room with a bigger balcony request the 3rd floor, because the balconies are smaller for the 4th floor rooms. However the lounge is located on the 4th floor, so is it more important to be closer to it or having a bigger balcony?
Thanks, I will keep this in mind. Do I make the request directly through the concierge staff or do I have it noted on reservation through the Disney reservation number? Also, are the smaller balconies on the 4th floor the tiny standing-room only baalconies or are they the normal balconies? TIA!

Poly - '80, '84, '91, CR - '87, '88, BW Villas - '97, POFQ - '07, Marriott Grand Vista - '09, CSR - '10
BWI CL - '11, Yacht Club - '12, AKL - March, 2013, Poly - August, 2013

Last edited by Monorail Bob's dd; 04-07-2011 at 04:59 PM.
Old 04-07-2011, 04:43 PM   #1047
pas130
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneydreamin247 View Post

5 hours, that's like a whole night's sleep. WOW, too bad the princess is getting her nights and days confused..... Aloha my friend The next 166 days will fly by

Aug 14 TR: Go with the flow dudeJungleCruiser*Sarah,forever in my heart*
Old 04-07-2011, 05:04 PM   #1048
disneydreamin247
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pas130 View Post
5 hours, that's like a whole night's sleep. WOW, too bad the princess is getting her nights and days confused..... Aloha my friend The next 166 days will fly by
Indeed she does. She just nursed and passed back out. Thanks for the Aloha! I'm passing the time waiting for my next airbrush workshop to start and a few makeup trade shows are coming to NY, so I'm excited for those too.
Old 04-07-2011, 08:24 PM   #1049
jackemail
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Thanks, I will keep this in mind. Do I make the request directly through the concierge staff or do I have it noted on reservation through the Disney reservation number? Also, are the smaller balconies on the 4th floor the tiny standing-room only baalconies or are they the normal balconies? TIA!
The 4th floor balconies are small, but have enough room for 2 chairs(and thus 2 people) and the round table. We spent many comfortable hours on the balcony in November each day.

Check the time of Magic Kingdom fireworks each night (as the times can vary in the MK from night to night)....with the deluxe CL room, you can stand on your balcony and look over past the Beach Club to see the fireworks!

You can see the upper fireworks from EPCOT at 9 each night from the balcony of the lounge.
Old 04-07-2011, 09:42 PM   #1050
CR Resort Fan 4 Life
DIS Veteran

Quote:
You can make that request by calling the Disney Reservations Center, however it wouldn't hurt if you also made the request a second time with the Boardwalk IPO department.
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: