Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 03-31-2011, 03:52 PM   #901
MickeyT
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by CR Resort Fan 4 Life View Post
Thanks for posting that review.
As CR Resort Fan would say! >>>>You're Welcome!

Old 03-31-2011, 03:53 PM   #902
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Quote:
Originally Posted by MickeyT View Post
As CR Resort Fan would say! >>>>You're Welcome!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-31-2011, 04:08 PM   #903
lovesdumbo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by KerryCM View Post
I will! Cannot wait to see everyone.
Kerry-have a wonderful trip!!! Bet you can't wait to leave Massachusetts. Hope you don't have any snow delays!
Old 03-31-2011, 04:17 PM   #904
Cinderumbrella
Wench

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK View Post
I would love to hear the good and bad about CL at the BC.

There have been some very negative reviews in the past couple of days on the BC/YC thread and TigrLvsPooh's LTR. I know this is a very crowded time of the year, which may be partly to blame, so I'd be curious to hear about others' BC/CL experiences to get an idea if this is just a bad time of year or the status quo at the BC. My closest experience to BC/CL was YC/CL in August, which was nothing at all like what is being said about the BC.

I smell a resort change coming

No, seriously though, some of these latest TR about what's going on at the BC this past week are I HOPE everyone just keeps seeing the same family acting inappropriately and that it just isn't becoming the norm for CL guests.
The Contemporary September 2010~The Contemporary June 2010~ Grand Floridian RPC December 2009~The Contemporary June 2009~ Grand Floridian December 2008~
Pop Century May 2008~Grand Floridian August 2007~Animal Kingdom Lodge December 2006~ Port Orleans Riverside October 2005~Beach Club February 2000~
Grand Floridian August 1997

Old 03-31-2011, 04:31 PM   #905
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinderumbrella View Post

No, seriously though, some of these latest TR about what's going on at the BC this past week are I HOPE everyone just keeps seeing the same family acting inappropriately and that it just isn't becoming the norm for CL guests.
You know me to well and you sound like my DH. He's called a few times today asking about where we're staying - now. He knows those negative reviews make me crazy and he knows I want this trip to be extra special for him since he missed two CL trips with us last year.

I'm hoping it's just those spring break crowds and not indicative of a combination of bad guests and bad staff.

We're booked in a Deluxe room (first time) and at an Epcot resort (first time for DH) so I hope both of those positive factors make-up for any unappealing guest behavior that may arise. I want to be excited about a new-to-us resort and room-type, but it's hard when I read those darn negative reviews - I'm drawn to them like a moth to a flame
Old 03-31-2011, 09:42 PM   #906
CR Resort Fan 4 Life
DIS Veteran

Quote:
You know me to well and you sound like my DH. He's called a few times today asking about where we're staying - now. He knows those negative reviews make me crazy and he knows I want this trip to be extra special for him since he missed two CL trips with us last year.

I'm hoping it's just those spring break crowds and not indicative of a combination of bad guests and bad staff.

We're booked in a Deluxe room (first time) and at an Epcot resort (first time for DH) so I hope both of those positive factors make-up for any unappealing guest behavior that may arise. I want to be excited about a new-to-us resort and room-type, but it's hard when I read those darn negative reviews - I'm drawn to them like a moth to a flame
What if they still were offering the summer room only discount would you be more willing to change?
Old 04-01-2011, 05:22 AM   #907
WDWKOOK

Quote:
Originally Posted by CR Resort Fan 4 Life View Post
What if they still were offering the summer room only discount would you be more willing to change?
We're very lucky that since DH is retired from the Air Force, we use the military 40% off room-only discount which runs all the way through September.

That may be part of my "problem" seeing that the military discount usually runs at least 9 months out of the year which leaves plenty of time for changes. But, this isn't the resort changers' thread

How about you and your parents, would you/they ever consider changing if your discount were still available? You may have already seen the discount I posted yesterday to the Resort Changers' thread
Old 04-01-2011, 05:36 AM   #908
DisneyMomx7
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinderumbrella View Post

It can happen at any CL. I remember MickiNicki saying the exact same thing about the Poly CL. We have had some wonderful experiences with BC CL and the only time it got crazy was our last day last summer when Free Dining started.

GF-2003,2004,2005,2006,2008,2009,2011,2013,2014
YC-2006,2007,2008,2014 POLY- 2006,2007,2008
BC-2008,2009,2010,2011,2012,2013
HRH-2004,2006, RPR-2012, 2014
Old 04-01-2011, 06:09 AM   #909
gigi1313
DIS Veteran

For those that have stayed both GF CL (Sugarloaf) and BWI Innkeepers' Club... could you compare the two? space? offerings? staff? etc...

THANKS!
PC & GF CL Jan '11POR Nov '11 DCL Fantasy May '12 BWalk&ASM Jan '13 PC Sept '13
DCL Magic B2B Jan '14
Old 04-01-2011, 07:15 AM   #910
vwlizard
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyMomx7 View Post
It can happen at any CL. I remember MickiNicki saying the exact same thing about the Poly CL. We have had some wonderful experiences with BC CL and the only time it got crazy was our last day last summer when Free Dining started.
I was hoping since we are going at a time when the room discount is more than the free dining (I guess it depends on family size and makeup), that wouldn't be the case.
Old 04-01-2011, 01:21 PM   #911
athenna
DIS Veteran

I've been waiting a long time for a new, really, cool tag..., but I was hit by a drive by tagging instead!

Ok, I got my email from the IPO yesterday for our AKLV CL trip. 6 month mark isn't for another 2 weeks, but that's ok...The email came ( to my email address, as it should) addressed to my fiance and not me They said because his last name (which they didn't even spell correctly) comes before mine alphabetically. So, lol? I just found it odd, I am the DVC member, I do all the planning, etc..It's no big deal it just annoyed me.
So I called them, they said don't worry about it, don't even use the form, just email them what I want when I'm ready to.
Am I going to get ''lost in the shuffle'' if I don't use their form that they sent out, and just sent an email w/what i want?

I got engaged 1/24/10 in Epcot
Old 04-01-2011, 01:32 PM   #912
WDWKOOK

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyMomx7 View Post
Your post helped put things in perspective. Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by athenna View Post
Ok, I got my email from the IPO yesterday for our AKLV CL trip. 6 month mark isn't for another 2 weeks, but that's ok...The email came ( to my email address, as it should) addressed to my fiance and not me They said because his last name (which they didn't even spell correctly) comes before mine alphabetically. So, lol? I just found it odd, I am the DVC member, I do all the planning, etc..It's no big deal it just annoyed me.
So I called them, they said don't worry about it, don't even use the form, just email them what I want when I'm ready to.
Am I going to get ''lost in the shuffle'' if I don't use their form that they sent out, and just sent an email w/what i want?
You won't get lost in the shuffle. Frankly, I think that IPO form stinks. WL sent a link to an online version which was much better, but it wasn't Mac OS compatible so I just emailed my requests to the AKL/IPO (Don) since they were the first resort of our split stay. There were no problems at all, other than they forgot one booking so I "reminded" them of it and they booked it immediately.
Old 04-01-2011, 01:53 PM   #913
CR Resort Fan 4 Life
DIS Veteran

Quote:
We're very lucky that since DH is retired from the Air Force, we use the military 40% off room-only discount which runs all the way through September.

That may be part of my "problem" seeing that the military discount usually runs at least 9 months out of the year which leaves plenty of time for changes. But, this isn't the resort changers' thread

How about you and your parents, would you/they ever consider changing if your discount were still available? You may have already seen the discount I posted yesterday to the Resort Changers' thread
Well when it comes to that discount link you posted from Orbitz we couldn't do it even if we wanted to. Those travel dates for it start on August 13th and we are scheduled to leave on August 14th. Plus since we are driving down we already made reservations on Marriott redwards points at various Courtyards and Farifield Inn & Suite locations off I-75 for free night stays, so not sure how we can could change those reservations with the points already being taken off. Plus it wasn't until we reserved the Beach Club part of our trip until we could have made our hotel reservations along I-75, because we weren't sure what dates to put in driving back home.

Now I told my parents about the recent Club Level reviews from the Beach Club and like me they said don't worry about it because everyone will have different experiences and not let a few bad ones effect our decision to stay there. Plus before we made the decision to stay Club Level at the Beach Club we considered all our options and for us that was the best one, plus the discount gave the reason to stay somewhere new.
Old 04-01-2011, 01:58 PM   #914
CR Resort Fan 4 Life
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by gigi1313 View Post
For those that have stayed both GF CL (Sugarloaf) and BWI Innkeepers' Club... could you compare the two? space? offerings? staff? etc...

THANKS!
We haven't stayed at Sugarloaf in the Grand Floridian, however we have stayed Club Level twice at the Boardwalk Inn and are having our 3rd stay there this August.

Now when it comes to space their lounge isn't that big and it can get crowded at times if they are busy, however it's still bigger then the Atrium Club lounge at the Contemporary and that's the only one which I can compare it to when it comes to their size.

Their food offerings are very good and have no complaints.

Finally their Club Level Cast Members are simply the best anyone can ever ask for. They are very friendly and will go above and beyond to try and make your stay that much better.
Old 04-01-2011, 02:03 PM   #915
athenna
DIS Veteran

I've been waiting a long time for a new, really, cool tag..., but I was hit by a drive by tagging instead!

Quote:
You won't get lost in the shuffle. Frankly, I think that IPO form stinks. WL sent a link to an online version which was much better, but it wasn't Mac OS compatible so I just emailed my requests to the AKL/IPO (Don) since they were the first resort of our split stay. There were no problems at all, other than they forgot one booking so I "reminded" them of it and they booked it immediately.
Thanks What else do I email them? Just whatever dining ressies we want, right?

I got engaged 1/24/10 in Epcot
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: