Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 03-28-2011, 08:43 PM   #871
DT83097
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by focusondisney View Post
Hi! I haven't stayed at Poly, but we've stayed at YC many times. It is fine to take fod & drinks back to your room, lots of people do. The YC lounge is kind of small. It is sometimes hard to find a seat there so going back to eat in the room is a must. Enjoy your trip!
Great - thanks! I feel better knowing this is a pretty common thing to do!!

Aug 1997 CBR; 2000 CSR; April 2002 Offsite; April 2007 Poly ; Aug 2007 CBR
Aug 2009 Poly; Sept 2010 YC; Sept 2011 Poly; Aug 2012 YC ;Feb 2013 BLT; Sept 2013 BC
CSR Feb 2014-upgraded to YC! ; June 2014 GF
Old 03-30-2011, 10:08 AM   #872
OhThePain
DIS Veteran

Our 200 day mark will be here in a few days. I plan on sending IPO an e-mail a few days after. My question is, what exactly should the e-mail say? Should it just be an introduction type thing? What more (or less) should be said? We don't have too much to ask of them right now, but I am sure that will change.

1988- Contemporary Resort / 1990- Big Red Boat and Buena Vista Palace / 1993- CBR / 1997- ASMusic / 1998- CBR / 1998- ASSports / 2008/9- POR / 2009- Convention at Gaylord Palms / 2010- POR / 2011- AKL-CL (with 3 "bonus" nights AKL non-CL) / 2013-BWV / 2014- POR / 2014- Disney Fantasy (Western)
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-30-2011, 10:29 AM   #873
clemsondisneyfan
We are a family of 4 and we love to visit the Mouse!

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhThePain View Post
Our 200 day mark will be here in a few days. I plan on sending IPO an e-mail a few days after. My question is, what exactly should the e-mail say? Should it just be an introduction type thing? What more (or less) should be said? We don't have too much to ask of them right now, but I am sure that will change.
We got an email and we filled out the questions they asked us - what time is our arrival, would we like any reservations made, etc.

They have really been great about answering our emails, and we got every dinner reservation we needed. We have Le Cellier, Shula's, California Grill (2 nights), etc. We will be there 10 nights and have 8 dinner reservations - and they are at the times we requested.

You are going to love your CL stay! Have fun!

Leaving in only 9 days!!!!

3 nights at the Swan
7 nights at the Contemporary
tween son
Old 03-30-2011, 10:58 AM   #874
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhThePain View Post
If they don't email you close to the 180-day mark, send an email a few days prior with your reservation number and your dates and they should reply with the form that clemsondisneyfan mentioned.
Old 03-30-2011, 12:17 PM   #875
Lehuaann
Lehu hu Boo Boo

HELP!

AKL IPO sent me an email that contained a link to form to fill out approx a month ago. I go to find it in my inbox today and it's not there. Does anyone have access to this link or form?? I know it's very detailed and since we are traveling with another group it will help us out immensely.

I called IPO and they said that email/form doesn't originate from them so they couldn't help with the form.

Another thing, we are doing a split stay with our first 2 nts at AK CL. I asked about booking at 180+10. The CM in IPO said she could only book our dining at for the 2 nts we are there, nothing else past that that point. I know my 3 hotel reservations are considered separate reservations...however, I've heard that others have been able to book 180+10?

TIA

EDIT: I found the form. It was sent from Disney Destinations instead of AKL IPO which threw me off since my Poly form came from Poly IPO.

Anyways, now I need to figure out the dining since my 180 is tomorrow.

Last edited by Lehuaann; 03-30-2011 at 12:54 PM.
Old 03-30-2011, 01:16 PM   #876
Disneyfreak616
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lehuaann View Post
Now I need to figure out the dining since my 180 is tomorrow.[/I]
Hope you get everything you want!

WDW Commando #141
WDW (on-site only): 2001: POFQ/ 2010: AKL-Jambo House/ 2011: YC Club Level, POFQ, CSR & AKL-Jambo House (DVC!)/ 2012: SSR (x2), BWV (x2), AKV- Kidani Village & BLT/ 2013: AoA, POLY & AKV- Jambo House/ 2014: CBR, VWL, BCV & GRAND FLORIDIAN VILLAS!
DL: 2009: Fairfield Inn Marriot/ 2010: Camelot Inn/ 2013: Carousel Inn

Completed Trip Reports:

The Frump Takes Over the World: Food Edition! A DR with Extra Magic!A Frump's TR: "Me Gusta Epic Mealtime! Stop Thinking My Thoughts: I'm Five."

"I Don't Wanna Meet Mickey In a Frumpin' Poncho!"
"SUCK IT UP BUTTERCUP! It Builds Character and Strength!" A July 2011 TR!

Old 03-30-2011, 01:47 PM   #877
Missoutandabout
DIS Veteran

If you provide the IPO with your departing flight details, do they do the check-in for you? i.e., take your bags and give you boarding passes. Last time, non-CL, I just called and had them pick up my bags, then they drove the bags and myself down to the little desk outside and I got my boarding passes.

Thanks muchly, pros!
Old 03-30-2011, 02:01 PM   #878
irish dancer
DIS Veteran

Quote:
HELP!

AKL IPO sent me an email that contained a link to form to fill out approx a month ago. I go to find it in my inbox today and it's not there. Does anyone have access to this link or form?? I know it's very detailed and since we are traveling with another group it will help us out immensely.

I called IPO and they said that email/form doesn't originate from them so they couldn't help with the form.

Another thing, we are doing a split stay with our first 2 nts at AK CL. I asked about booking at 180+10. The CM in IPO said she could only book our dining at for the 2 nts we are there, nothing else past that that point. I know my 3 hotel reservations are considered separate reservations...however, I've heard that others have been able to book 180+10?

TIA

EDIT: I found the form. It was sent from Disney Destinations instead of AKL IPO which threw me off since my Poly form came from Poly IPO.

Anyways, now I need to figure out the dining since my 180 is tomorrow.
If your dining window opens tomorrow I highly recommend you contact IPO with your ADRs directly in addition to the form. My AKV-CL info came with a link to fill out the info and I did it the night before my 180 day mark, I needed one additional ADR so I emailed them to add it. The next day IPO responded that they were able to make that ressie but that they wouldn't receive my form until 7p that evening so I sent them my ADRs and they did them right away. I still got everything I wanted pretty much at the times I wanted too.

Best of luck to you!!
Old 03-30-2011, 03:55 PM   #879
Lehuaann
Lehu hu Boo Boo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneyfreak616 View Post
Hope you get everything you want!
Me too, thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by irish dancer View Post
If your dining window opens tomorrow I highly recommend you contact IPO with your ADRs directly in addition to the form. My AKV-CL info came with a link to fill out the info and I did it the night before my 180 day mark, I needed one additional ADR so I emailed them to add it. The next day IPO responded that they were able to make that ressie but that they wouldn't receive my form until 7p that evening so I sent them my ADRs and they did them right away. I still got everything I wanted pretty much at the times I wanted too.

Best of luck to you!!
I would love to, but unfortunately I can't because I'm doing a split stay for 11 nights; 2-AKL CL, 7-CSR, 2-Poly CL and the lady in AKL IPO told me she would only make my adr's for the first 2 nts I am staying there, not for anything past that.

I know I can make my 180+10 online no problem...just figured it would've been nice to have them take care of it all.
Old 03-30-2011, 06:02 PM   #880
John's Mom
Jambo Wildbunch Gang
AKL Lover

Quote:
Me too, thanks!

I would love to, but unfortunately I can't because I'm doing a split stay for 11 nights; 2-AKL CL, 7-CSR, 2-Poly CL and the lady in AKL IPO told me she would only make my adr's for the first 2 nts I am staying there, not for anything past that.

I know I can make my 180+10 online no problem...just figured it would've been nice to have them take care of it all.
Have you contacted the Poly IPO? I would contact them and ask for advice about your ADRs. They might offer to make all your ADRs. Good luck!

Kathy

Old 03-30-2011, 10:06 PM   #881
amandaw
DIS Veteran

Our upcoming trip will be our first CL stay. I've been reading this thread & the WL thread. Some people say for CL to still do online check-in, others say it's best NOT to do it if staying on CL. So, does it really make a difference? If so, which is better? Thank you!
Old 03-30-2011, 10:26 PM   #882
CR Resort Fan 4 Life
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by amandaw View Post
Our upcoming trip will be our first CL stay. I've been reading this thread & the WL thread. Some people say for CL to still do online check-in, others say it's best NOT to do it if staying on CL. So, does it really make a difference? If so, which is better? Thank you!
During our Club Level stays at the Contemporary and Boardwalk Inn since online check-in had started we never used it because we always checked-in at the Club Level lounge of our resort.
Old 03-31-2011, 05:14 AM   #883
Tess
DIS Vet - 1997
Still thinking happy little thoughts. . .
The Tag Fairy sees and loves Tess too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by amandaw View Post
Based upon reports of others, if you opt for online check-in, you will not have the private check-in at the CL. You will, instead, pick up your documents at the regular online check-in queue in the main lobby of your resort. I would opt for the personal service and private check-in for which you have paid in booking CL.
Old 03-31-2011, 05:32 AM   #884
KerryCM
DIS Veteran

Location: Murfreesboro, TN now, but will always be a MA girl!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tess View Post
Based upon reports of others, if you opt for online check-in, you will not have the private check-in at the CL. You will, instead, pick up your documents at the regular online check-in queue in the main lobby of your resort. I would opt for the personal service and private check-in for which you have paid in booking CL.
While the majority of our stays are at the BWI, I have done on line check in and have still had the private checkin. It really isn't necessary, but sometimes it makes the trip seem closer!!!! You just don't go to the online checkin desk. Let bell services know you are a CL guest and you will be taken to private checkin.
Old 03-31-2011, 05:45 AM   #885
Tess
DIS Vet - 1997
Still thinking happy little thoughts. . .
The Tag Fairy sees and loves Tess too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KerryCM View Post
While the majority of our stays are at the BWI, I have done on line check in and have still had the private checkin. It really isn't necessary, but sometimes it makes the trip seem closer!!!! You just don't go to the online checkin desk. Let bell services know you are a CL guest and you will be taken to private checkin.
I guess I should have clarified, others have had to follow the procedure I set forth when staying at the Polynesian. We have not opted for online check-in based upon that information. It looks as if amandaw is staying at WL--should have looked at her signature before answering.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: