Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 03-25-2011, 08:33 PM   #856
lovesdumbo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by coopersmom View Post

I believe they discontinued the special extended safari that any club-level guest could book (Wildlife Discovery Excursion: http://allears.net/tp/ak/wildexcursion.htm) last year when the new animal adventure was introduced.
Forgot to mention I asked BWI IPO last week if they have anything special for CL guests now and she said no.
Old 03-25-2011, 08:37 PM   #857
disneydreamin247
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK View Post
Yes, both the Royal Palm Club and Sugar Loaf Club offer champagne in their lounges. I don't know of any other lounges that offer champagne.
Oh man. I think I better bring my pump! Between scraping the rum laden innards of my Lapu Lapu pineapple and some evening bubbly I may need to keep some extra supply in the fridge!
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-25-2011, 08:56 PM   #858
focusondisney

I'll need some Boo Boo fun
Oh come on! You didn't even give anyone a chance to follow the rule!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nrpofp View Post
How far is the club level at Yc from the pool?

Hi! The YC club level is on the 5th floor. The lounge is just outside the main elevator bank. To get to the pool you would go down to the first floor & either walk thru the lobby& walk past the Captain's Grill. There is a door near the elevators, too, so you could walk outside if you didn't want to go thru the lobby. The closest entrance to the pool is on the far side of the YC, near the Yachtman's Steakhouse entrance.

It isn't very convenient to run back to the lounge for drinks or snacks. They do have styrofoam to go cups with lids. I think I remember small styrofoam bowls that you could put snacks in, too, but no covers for those.
Old 03-25-2011, 09:01 PM   #859
CR Resort Fan 4 Life
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by clemsondisneyfan View Post
Did anyone ever confirm what type of coffee maker is in the 14th floor lounge at CR? I looked back at a lot of pages, but could not find an answer.

We use a Cuisinart 700 single serve series at home that accepts the K cups. Would love to bring along DHs favorites if they have that kind of machine.

Thanks!

In exactly 14 days from right now, we will be landing in Orlando!!

The Tower Club uses the exact same one as the Atrium Club and here is a picture of it.

Old 03-25-2011, 09:51 PM   #860
clemsondisneyfan
We are a family of 4 and we love to visit the Mouse!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CR Resort Fan 4 Life View Post
Does it use pods or k-cups.....or does it make whole pots of coffee? I have never seen anything like that!
tween son
Old 03-25-2011, 09:55 PM   #861
CR Resort Fan 4 Life
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Does it use pods or k-cups.....or does it make whole pots of coffee? I have never seen anything like that!
The machine only takes pods, if you want regular Coffee then you need to use the one next to it.
Old 03-25-2011, 11:46 PM   #862
Missoutandabout
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Did anyone ever confirm what type of coffee maker is in the 14th floor lounge at CR? I looked back at a lot of pages, but could not find an answer.
It's a Nespresso machine (made by Nestle). It's their version of a Keurig-like machine: using proprietary pods of real coffee. Although, unlike Keurig, Nespresso machines only make espresso (or cappuccino if you get a frother and do it the "old fashioned way") The one in the picture is the commercial/office type; we've got a retail one at home -- both use different types of pods. Only know this because my hubster can't bring any of the pods from his work home for use in our machine.

14 days... so close! Have an excellent trip!
Old 03-26-2011, 05:46 AM   #863
milmore104
My DH is "Dusty Boots"

Quote:
Originally Posted by nemofans View Post
I guess I took it as 3 & up, but I guess it could mean under 3 is free. I guess I will try to book for all of us & see what happens.
This is what I took it as. Just like park tickets kids under 3 are free. I'm going to be emailing IPO to book it w/ all 5 of us. so we shall see. I don't see why they couldn't go if it's really just the safari ride in more detail.

Old 03-26-2011, 10:08 AM   #864
clemsondisneyfan
We are a family of 4 and we love to visit the Mouse!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missoutandabout View Post
It's a Nespresso machine (made by Nestle). It's their version of a Keurig-like machine: using proprietary pods of real coffee. Although, unlike Keurig, Nespresso machines only make espresso (or cappuccino if you get a frother and do it the "old fashioned way") The one in the picture is the commercial/office type; we've got a retail one at home -- both use different types of pods. Only know this because my hubster can't bring any of the pods from his work home for use in our machine.

14 days... so close! Have an excellent trip!
OK...that helps. I think he prefers regular cups of coffee and will use the one beside it to get a cup. Wish I could order Starbuck's pods for the Nespresso machine. He would be soooooooo happy!

Thanks!
tween son
Old 03-26-2011, 11:46 AM   #865
pas130
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lillian Gracey View Post
You'd be surprised. I work at Target and I've seen quite a few families come in wearing PJs. It's mostly kids, but I've seen some adults wear PJs. You wouldn't catch me wearing PJs in public.
I am sure it's fine for kids to wear their PJs for fireworks. My kids will be dressed, I save the PJs for in the room but that's just me. As for at Target, that makes me crazy! My MIL and BIL work and Target they tell me some storiesI love Target!

clemsondisneyfan Have a great trip! I'll be looking for your CR trip report, we might be staying there next year
Old 03-26-2011, 02:21 PM   #866
disneydreamin247
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pas130 View Post
I am sure it's fine for kids to wear their PJs for fireworks. My kids will be dressed, I save the PJs for in the room but that's just me. As for at Target, that makes me crazy! My MIL and BIL work and Target they tell me some storiesI love Target!

clemsondisneyfan Have a great trip! I'll be looking for your CR trip report, we might be staying there next year
You should see what people wear into the bank I work at! I don't know if I should or
Old 03-28-2011, 01:21 PM   #867
DT83097
DIS Veteran

Hi everyone - have a quick question and apologize if it's mentioned earlier on this thread and I didn't catch it.

We are staying POLY CL later this summer!!! It will be our first time staying CL so I'm reading up on all things CL. Along the lines of the PJ's in the lounge, I'm wondering if it's appropriate to grab some munchies and take them back to your room / outside - or do most people eat in the lounge?

I don't want to be one of "THOSE" families if this is not common. I have no issue bringing everyone, but sometimes - in the morning especially - it would be more efficient (we are traveling with 2 little ones and Gma) if we sent one person to get snacks while the others get ready - or got a "to go" bag on our way to the park.

Your etiquette experience is appreciated! Can't wait to experience Hawaii

Aug 1997 CBR; 2000 CSR; April 2002 Offsite; April 2007 Poly ; Aug 2007 CBR
Aug 2009 Poly; Sept 2010 YC; Sept 2011 Poly; Aug 2012 YC ;Feb 2013 BLT; Sept 2013 BC
CSR Feb 2014-upgraded to YC! ; June 2014 GF
Old 03-28-2011, 07:20 PM   #868
focusondisney

I'll need some Boo Boo fun
Oh come on! You didn't even give anyone a chance to follow the rule!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DT83097 View Post
Hi everyone - have a quick question and apologize if it's mentioned earlier on this thread and I didn't catch it.

We are staying POLY CL later this summer!!! It will be our first time staying CL so I'm reading up on all things CL. Along the lines of the PJ's in the lounge, I'm wondering if it's appropriate to grab some munchies and take them back to your room / outside - or do most people eat in the lounge?

I don't want to be one of "THOSE" families if this is not common. I have no issue bringing everyone, but sometimes - in the morning especially - it would be more efficient (we are traveling with 2 little ones and Gma) if we sent one person to get snacks while the others get ready - or got a "to go" bag on our way to the park.

Hi! I haven't stayed at Poly, but we've stayed at YC many times. It is fine to take fod & drinks back to your room, lots of people do. The YC lounge is kind of small. It is sometimes hard to find a seat there so going back to eat in the room is a must. Enjoy your trip!
Old 03-28-2011, 07:38 PM   #869
Lillian Gracey
Lady in Blue

Should I email IPO now or should I wait? I'm really hoping for a non-club level room and I don't want to email them now if I happen to get a non-club level room in the next few weeks.
Old 03-28-2011, 08:04 PM   #870
CR Resort Fan 4 Life
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DT83097 View Post

During our previous Club Level stays at the Contemporary, Boardwalk Inn and Polynesian, there have been times when we taken food back from the lounge to eat in our room.
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: