Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 03-25-2011, 03:28 PM   #841
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lillian Gracey View Post
You'd be surprised. I work at Target and I've seen quite a few families come in wearing PJs. It's mostly kids, but I've seen some adults wear PJs. You wouldn't catch me wearing PJs in public.
Oooo, I love Target!
Old 03-25-2011, 03:31 PM   #842
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Quote:
Originally Posted by CR Resort Fan 4 Life View Post
Well since we never saw each other in the lounge despite our rooms being next door, I call it different timing in seeing that and not seeing that.
Yeah, you had great timing, I guess mine stunk
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-25-2011, 03:32 PM   #843
Lillian Gracey
Lady in Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by clemsondisneyfan View Post
Oh gee. I might just have to take some pictures in the lounge next month.....kind of like those Wal-mart shopper photos we have all seen on the internet!

Is anyone else going to be around the CR between Apr 11 - 18th? I see a lot of people aare staying at the BW and Poly....haven't seen any other CR posters, have I?

I can't wait for our next trip!

Swan - 8th-10th
Contemporary - 11th-18th
I'm not going during your time, but I'll be at CR in May. lol

I'm glad you like Target WDWKOOK. I do too when I don't encounter nasty customers.
Old 03-25-2011, 03:44 PM   #844
WDWKOOK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lillian Gracey View Post
I'm not going during your time, but I'll be at CR in May. lol

I'm glad you like Target WDWKOOK. I do too when I don't encounter nasty customers.
I'm a great Target customer! The employees are polite and helpful and the aisles are always neat and tidy and they have a great selection. But, I'm not a fan of the new UP brand logo. Way too many arrows on the packages and confusing ads. Sometimes it's hard to tell what the product is from the UP ad. What's UP with that.

I think I may have gone OT here.
Old 03-25-2011, 03:51 PM   #845
Lillian Gracey
Lady in Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK View Post
I'm a great Target customer! The employees are polite and helpful and the aisles are always neat and tidy and they have a great selection. But, I'm not a fan of the new UP brand logo. Way too many arrows on the packages and confusing ads. Sometimes it's hard to tell what the product is from the UP ad. What's UP with that.

I think I may have gone OT here.
It's ok. It happens. And I love the pun by the way.
Old 03-25-2011, 03:51 PM   #846
Cinderumbrella
Wench

Quote:
Originally Posted by vwlizard View Post
Since we're talking about dress codes......

I will probably have me kids bathed and in PJ's before Wishes since it is after their bedtime. I"m thinking of letting them watch from the lounge (we are at Poly CL) in their PJ's while grabbing a dessert. Would that be appropriate?
This happens all the time and I certainly don't have a problem with it!

But while we are on the topic of WHAT NOT TO WEAR: PLEASE, no bathrobes, even if they are the ones the GF leaves in your room...
The Contemporary September 2010~The Contemporary June 2010~ Grand Floridian RPC December 2009~The Contemporary June 2009~ Grand Floridian December 2008~
Pop Century May 2008~Grand Floridian August 2007~Animal Kingdom Lodge December 2006~ Port Orleans Riverside October 2005~Beach Club February 2000~
Grand Floridian August 1997

Old 03-25-2011, 04:09 PM   #847
WDWKOOK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinderumbrella View Post
This happens all the time and I certainly don't have a problem with it!

But while we are on the topic of WHAT NOT TO WEAR: PLEASE, no bathrobes, even if they are the ones the GF leaves in your room...
That's perfect, Cinderumbrella! We get Stacy and Clinton into the CL lounges offering gentle reminders of What Not to Wear.
Old 03-25-2011, 05:16 PM   #848
nemofans
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by milmore104 View Post
Are you not allowed to go on the Safari if your under 3? We will also be w/ our DD who is just shy of 3 and our 1 yo DD. We had all planned on doing this.
That's what I read on page 1 of this thread. It would be great if DS (2) could go too. He would love the safari. I have tried to search other places for this info to double check, but couldn't find it. Can someone else verify the age restrictions for sunrise safari?

8/2000 WDW Grosvenor Resort (got engaged!), 11/2005 DL PPH CL, 12/2006 WDW Poly, 02/2008 WDW AKL, 2/2010 WDW CR CL, 2/2011 DCL Magic, 11/2011 DL GCH, 10/2012 WDW AKL CL

2013 Book Challenge: 87 out of 75 GOAL MET!!
2014 Book Challenge: 93 out of 85 GOAL MET!!
Old 03-25-2011, 05:33 PM   #849
lovesdumbo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by nemofans View Post
That's what I read on page 1 of this thread. It would be great if DS (2) could go too. He would love the safari. I have tried to search other places for this info to double check, but couldn't find it. Can someone else verify the age restrictions for sunrise safari?
I don't read the first page to say that you must be 3. You must be 8 to do the Sunset Safari but I don't see an age requirement on the Sunrise.

I've done it twice and thought there were kids under 3 but was always paying more attention to the animals then the kids on the safari with me.

I would ask AKL IPO if there is an age requirement.
Old 03-25-2011, 05:36 PM   #850
nemofans
DIS Veteran

I guess I took it as 3 & up, but I guess it could mean under 3 is free. I guess I will try to book for all of us & see what happens.

8/2000 WDW Grosvenor Resort (got engaged!), 11/2005 DL PPH CL, 12/2006 WDW Poly, 02/2008 WDW AKL, 2/2010 WDW CR CL, 2/2011 DCL Magic, 11/2011 DL GCH, 10/2012 WDW AKL CL

2013 Book Challenge: 87 out of 75 GOAL MET!!
2014 Book Challenge: 93 out of 85 GOAL MET!!
Old 03-25-2011, 05:39 PM   #851
lin7
DIS Veteran

Just wondering if GF club level offer champagne in the evening? I think I read some where they were the only club level that offers champagne? Does anyone know if any other offers it?
Old 03-25-2011, 06:20 PM   #852
coopersmom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesdumbo View Post
I don't read the first page to say that you must be 3. You must be 8 to do the Sunset Safari but I don't see an age requirement on the Sunrise.

I've done it twice and thought there were kids under 3 but was always paying more attention to the animals then the kids on the safari with me.

I would ask AKL IPO if there is an age requirement.
Here's what I was told last December by club-level IPO ... For the sunrise safari, open only to Animal Kingdom Lodge club-level guests, you must be at least three, or maybe four, years old to go.

I believe they discontinued the special extended safari that any club-level guest could book (Wildlife Discovery Excursion: http://allears.net/tp/ak/wildexcursion.htm) last year when the new animal adventure was introduced.

The new adventure was reviewed on The Dis podcast: http://www.disunplugged.com/2011/03/...-disney-world/) and they said you had to be at least nine to do it.

For the special, Animal Kingdom Lodge-only guests Wanyama sunset safari and dinner, you must be at least eight years old, according to the Disney website (http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/din...i-resort-tour/).

I was told that my son, who was three (almost four) at the time, was not eligible for either of the special Animal Kingdom Lodge-only safaris, and it was one of the reasons we decided against staying at Animal Kingdom Lodge after originally having it booked due, in large part, to me thinking that the private, guest-only safari sounded like something he would love and reading very good reviews here. He WAS old enough to go on the special safari any club level guest could book, but, like I said, my impression (which could be wrong as I haven't looked into it since) is that it was ending in December 2010. (We had booked it but it was cancelled due to weather.)
Old 03-25-2011, 08:46 PM   #853
WDWKOOK

Quote:
Originally Posted by lin7 View Post
Just wondering if GF club level offer champagne in the evening? I think I read some where they were the only club level that offers champagne? Does anyone know if any other offers it?
Yes, both the Royal Palm Club and Sugar Loaf Club offer champagne in their lounges. I don't know of any other lounges that offer champagne.
Old 03-25-2011, 09:30 PM   #854
clemsondisneyfan
We are a family of 4 and we love to visit the Mouse!

coffee question

Did anyone ever confirm what type of coffee maker is in the 14th floor lounge at CR? I looked back at a lot of pages, but could not find an answer.

We use a Cuisinart 700 single serve series at home that accepts the K cups. Would love to bring along DHs favorites if they have that kind of machine.

Thanks!

In exactly 14 days from right now, we will be landing in Orlando!!

tween son
Old 03-25-2011, 09:31 PM   #855
lovesdumbo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by coopersmom View Post
Here's what I was told last December by club-level IPO ... For the sunrise safari, open only to Animal Kingdom Lodge club-level guests, you must be at least three, or maybe four, years old to go.
I was just looking at my photos from January 2010 where I could have sworn there was an under 3 year old on the tour with us. I have a photo of the breakfast with 2 small children in the photo-they are way off in the distance but one looks way under 4.

Here's what I found for times on my photos:
May 2009 off safari on the way to breakfast 9:27am; out of breakfast and down the path a ways from breakfast-not sure if we had stop anywhere before this photo at 10:15am

Jan 2010 chef describing breakfast before we ate 9:20am, on our way out of breakfast after a potty break 9:57am
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: