Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 03-25-2011, 07:58 AM   #811
milmore104
My DH is "Dusty Boots"

Quote:
Originally Posted by nemofans View Post
Thanks! That's good to know.
I have a question for anyone that done the sunrise safari thru AKL CL. Only DH & older DS will be doing this (my younger DS will be 2 mos shy of 3). So DS (2) & I plan on meeting up w/them at AK. Can anyone tell me about how long it lasts & when they would finish by? I want to get an idea of when we would be able to meet up w/them.
Thanks!
Are you not allowed to go on the Safari if your under 3? We will also be w/ our DD who is just shy of 3 and our 1 yo DD. We had all planned on doing this.

Old 03-25-2011, 08:01 AM   #812
jackemail
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by nascargirl View Post
KerryCM have a wonderful time with our favorite CL staff. We are heading down there mid May.
Great...so now I have to be jealous of TWO people?!?!?!

Uh--did you get a room INSIDE the inn this time?
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-25-2011, 08:03 AM   #813
jackemail
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pharmer View Post
My question is regarding the availability of adult beverages throughout the day in the lounge. I was thinking it would be nice to enjoy a beer mid-afternoon on a break from the parks, and just wondered if they are available all day, or only for the evening appetizer meal period. Thanks in advance for your response.
I always find it easier just to ask for a couple of extra in the evening and put them in my own room fridge, but they are available during the day--just ask the nice Innkeepers!

Is this your first stay at BWI/CL? If so, you are in for a treat.
Old 03-25-2011, 08:12 AM   #814
mom2travel
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by KerryCM View Post
Only 7 more days and I will be back at my "happy place", the BWI CL!! Cannot wait to escape this cold.
DD and I are staying BWI CL for the first time next week (never even stayed at an Epcot resort before)! Can't wait!

Have a great trip!

CR Poly GF ASSp DLR
WL BWI AKL YC POFQ
Old 03-25-2011, 08:16 AM   #815
jackemail
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2travel View Post
DD and I are staying BWI CL for the first time next week (never even stayed at an Epcot resort before)! Can't wait!
And yet ANOTHER dis-er to be jealous of! The BWI/CL people are coming from everywhere!

mmom2travel, hope you have a terrific time next week. Staying at an EPCOT resort is truly a whole new world to explore! And I can't say enough good things about BWI.
Old 03-25-2011, 08:27 AM   #816
TigrLvsPooh
Disney's Ultimate Fan, and our very own Travel Channel television star!!!
Anthony's Girl
Got my way

Just wanted to say THANKS and BYE BYE to everyone here who helped answer my questions about BC CL. We are leaving today to sleep at a hotel airport tonight, then an early morning flight tomorrow!!! Can't wait!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If you would like you can follow us on our trip, the link is in my signature!
My WDW Resort stays: Grand Floridian 2012, 2003, 2001, 1994 * Polynesian 2013, 2011, 2008, 2008, 2005, 2003 * Contemporary 2014, 2008 * Bay Lake Tower 2013 *Boardwalk 2014, 2013, 2006, 2004 * Wilderness Cabin 1998 * Dixie Landings 1999 * All Star Music 2001 * Caribbean Beach Resort 2012, 2002 * Animal Kingdom Lodge 2014, 2012, 2011, 2008, 2006, 2005 * Old Key West 2009, 2008, 2004, 2003, 2002 * Yacht Club 2014, 2013, 2012, 2010, 2002 * Beach Club 2014, 2012, 2011, 2008, 2003 * Swan 2006, 2005, 2003 * Pop Century 2014, 2013, 2012, 2009, 2008, 2007, 2006, 2005, 2004 * Art of Animation 2014 * Wilderness Lodge 2014, 2011, 2004, 2003 * Saratoga Springs 2015, 2007 * Port Orleans French Quarter 2014, 2013, 2004 * Coronado Spring 2014 *
Old 03-25-2011, 08:50 AM   #817
pharmer
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackemail View Post
I always find it easier just to ask for a couple of extra in the evening and put them in my own room fridge, but they are available during the day--just ask the nice Innkeepers!

Is this your first stay at BWI/CL? If so, you are in for a treat.
Yes, first stay here. We stayed at POLY/CL last summer and it was awesome, although some of the CMs were a little less friendly than I would have liked (seemed inconvenienced by we mere guests at times). Everyone there was asking for beers and wine all day long and that is where I noticed that the CMs being a little grumpy. I just wondered if maybe it wasn't really encouraged to ask for drinks other than during the evening appetizers. Don't get me wrong, we aren't going to get drunk everyday, but if I want to have a drink, I just want to know what to expect as far as asking for them. Thanks.
Old 03-25-2011, 08:54 AM   #818
Cinderumbrella
Wench

Quote:
Originally Posted by pharmer View Post
Yes, first stay here. We stayed at POLY/CL last summer and it was awesome, although some of the CMs were a little less friendly than I would have liked (seemed inconvenienced by we mere guests at times). Everyone there was asking for beers and wine all day long and that is where I noticed that the CMs being a little grumpy. I just wondered if maybe it wasn't really encouraged to ask for drinks other than during the evening appetizers. Don't get me wrong, we aren't going to get drunk everyday, but if I want to have a drink, I just want to know what to expect as far as asking for them. Thanks.
Don't worry about that with the BWI lounge CM's- they are FANTASTIC!!
The Contemporary September 2010~The Contemporary June 2010~ Grand Floridian RPC December 2009~The Contemporary June 2009~ Grand Floridian December 2008~
Pop Century May 2008~Grand Floridian August 2007~Animal Kingdom Lodge December 2006~ Port Orleans Riverside October 2005~Beach Club February 2000~
Grand Floridian August 1997

Old 03-25-2011, 09:21 AM   #819
nrpofp
DIS Veteran

Hi. We are 6 weeks away from our triple split stay 5 nights HRH/ 5 nights Poly LV CL and 5 nights YC GV CL. We are also booked 5 nights in Oct in a BWI dxcl room. We have grade school aged children so we will spend a lot of time at the pool. From what I understand the Poly CL is very close to the pool and its easy to run over there and get drinks and snacks. What about YC and BWI. How far is the cl from the pool? Do they have plastic cups for beer and wine, and to go containers for snacks? I'm guessing no bottles are allowed at the pool. Is there a dress code in the lounge? Can you run in there in a bathing suit cover up or workout clothes and grab something? I have never stayed CL in my life. Any tips or info would be helpful. Thanks.
Old 03-25-2011, 09:36 AM   #820
Cinderumbrella
Wench

Quote:
Originally Posted by nrpofp View Post
Hi. We are 6 weeks away from our triple split stay 5 nights HRH/ 5 nights Poly LV CL and 5 nights YC GV CL. We are also booked 5 nights in Oct in a BWI dxcl room. We have grade school aged children so we will spend a lot of time at the pool. From what I understand the Poly CL is very close to the pool and its easy to run over there and get drinks and snacks. What about YC and BWI. How far is the cl from the pool? Do they have plastic cups for beer and wine, and to go containers for snacks? I'm guessing no bottles are allowed at the pool. Is there a dress code in the lounge? Can you run in there in a bathing suit cover up or workout clothes and grab something? I have never stayed CL in my life. Any tips or info would be helpful. Thanks.
Can't help with the Poly or YC CL (yet ) but BWI CL lounge is nowhere near anything (sorry, but that is my one tiny complaint about BWI). It is quite a hike from the elevator and definitely not convenient for running up to from the pool.

On our pool day, we grabbed a paper cup to put a beer in and used a couple of same cups to fill with the wonderful homemade potato chips and goldfish crackers to snack on.

As for dress code etiquette in the lounge, I will let others chime in. I don't mind a swim cover up, but bare feet, IMHO, are NOT appropriate.
The Contemporary September 2010~The Contemporary June 2010~ Grand Floridian RPC December 2009~The Contemporary June 2009~ Grand Floridian December 2008~
Pop Century May 2008~Grand Floridian August 2007~Animal Kingdom Lodge December 2006~ Port Orleans Riverside October 2005~Beach Club February 2000~
Grand Floridian August 1997

Old 03-25-2011, 10:04 AM   #821
KerryCM
DIS Veteran

Location: Murfreesboro, TN now, but will always be a MA girl!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2travel View Post

Have a great trip!
What day are you arriving? We will be there early Friday morning!! You will love the cast and the BWI!! Maybe we will get to meet. We will be 4 ladies having a wonderful time!
Old 03-25-2011, 10:09 AM   #822
nascargirl
DIS Veteran

jackemail we are indeed inside this time. We are bringing my Mom for her first ever CL stay. When my Dad was alive they did get to experience the BC and loved it.
Old 03-25-2011, 10:39 AM   #823
mom2travel
DIS Veteran

Quote:
What day are you arriving? We will be there early Friday morning!! You will love the cast and the BWI!! Maybe we will get to meet. We will be 4 ladies having a wonderful time!

Bummer, we check out on Wed. I came close to meeting some dis'ers at Poly CL last Sept but have never ended up crossing paths with anyone. Maybe we don't really exist!

We'll be the mom and daughter in relaxed mode if anyone else is hanging around the Innkeepers club early next week

CR Poly GF ASSp DLR
WL BWI AKL YC POFQ
Old 03-25-2011, 10:57 AM   #824
lovesdumbo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by nemofans View Post
Did it take that long from 7:30 am when you meet at CL or from when you arrive at AK? About what time were you done, by 9:30 am or more like 10 am?
The 2 times I did Sunrise Safari it was already past 9am when we got off the safari ride and headed to breakfast. Many folks stop to go the rest room before heading into the dining room and they wait until all folks are there (or at least most) until the chef comes out to explain what everything is. I could look at my photos at home to see what the time stamp is for when we came out of breakast but I would guess no earlier than 9:30.

Quote:
Only 7 more days and I will be back at my "happy place", the BWI CL!! Cannot wait to escape this cold.
Wish I could escape this! Can't wait for May!!! I'll be 9 between trips. I haven't gone that long in over 6 years-I'm starting to get the shakes from withdrawal. I've already booked my family August trip so I won't feel too guilty in May leaving the kids at home.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nascargirl View Post
KerryCM have a wonderful time with our favorite CL staff. We are heading down there mid May.
Looks like we'll be there together. I'll be there with 2 girl friends. Can't wait.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackemail View Post
Great...so now I have to be jealous of TWO people?!?!?!
Looks like 4. Come in May-we'll have a big Dis party!
Old 03-25-2011, 11:10 AM   #825
clemsondisneyfan
We are a family of 4 and we love to visit the Mouse!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinderumbrella View Post
As for dress code etiquette in the lounge, I will let others chime in. I don't mind a swim cover up, but bare feet, IMHO, are NOT appropriate.
I don't know about you, but I am so tired of seeing people show up for breakfast in CL lounges (all over the country, not just at Disney!) wearing their pjs/robes/bunny slippers! Really. Can't people get dressed first? It shows that some people have money, just no manners.

As for running in to grab a drink for a minute, a bathing suit cover up or workout clothes would be OK. Like you said though, no bare feet. Ick!
tween son
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: