Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 03-22-2011, 04:44 PM   #781
Missoutandabout
DIS Veteran
 
Missoutandabout's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Chicagoland, IL
Posts: 2,036

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluejasmine View Post
Stayed Poly CL last year never heard from them until I emailed them. This yr they emailed me about two weeks before my 180..They were amazing got me everything I wanted within 15 min of my requested times..
Forgot to ask you this yesterday ...

When you sent them your itinerary (before the 180 days) when did you find out that the reservations were made, did they happen to reply back at 180 days that your reservations had been made?

So far, I've had a couple of auto-replies and a couple of acknowledgments but my 180 mark for the Poly doesn't happen until tomorrow.

I'm still biting my nails but am managing to stay away from the online reservations.
Missoutandabout is offline  
Old 03-22-2011, 04:51 PM   #782
athenna
DIS Veteran

I've been waiting a long time for a new, really, cool tag..., but I was hit by a drive by tagging instead!
 
athenna's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: On board w/Captain Turner
Posts: 5,463

Quote:
Originally Posted by dgbg100106 View Post
Jen,

You know we never heard from IPO, until I sent them an email, something about booking thru DVC does not show up in the reservations list. I would send them an email, list you names, dates and confirmation number.

Just to make sure that they know you are coming.

Even if you don't use them at least email so they have a way to contact you if need be.


Oh, thanks, Brandi, I had no idea..I just assumed they contacted us...I'll wait until it gets a bit closer to the 6 month ADR mark.
__________________

I got engaged 1/24/10 in Epcot
athenna is offline  
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 03-22-2011, 08:05 PM   #783
PittPantherfan
Mouseketeer
 
PittPantherfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 202

Beach Club garden view

I was just over at the Beach Club thread and they posted some numbers about the room configurations and I just got pretty bummed out. As I previously posted here, I was real comfortable with my reservation for family of 5 garden view assuming that we would get a day bed. Apparently, there are 9 rooms designated as garden view club level and of those nine, only ONE has a daybed. All others you need to add a rollaway. Others posting on Beach Club thread have indicated that the rollaway in these rooms was sooooo tight. What are the odds that I am going to get a day bed -slim.

The garden view CL rooms were only a few dollars more - I knew there had to be a catch, I guess maybe a found out why. The first page of the Beach Club thread says that rooms with a daybed are guaranteed for parties of 5 but it does not seem to be the case.

I am wondering whether I should downgrade to standard view club level because apparently 12 of those have daybeds. Unfortunately with 5, booking water view is not an option but 7 of those rooms have 2 queens and a day bed. They have more rooms with daybeds in a room category that is restricted to 4 people than a category that is designated with a 5 max. Go figure.

I just wish for the money you spend you would know what you would be getting. Maybe I should wait until I get there and see what happens. I wonder how helpful the CM at the club level will be with a room change if it is not adequate?? Any advice appreciated!!
__________________
DS13DD9DS7


2003 Cocoa Beach/2006 Marriott Horizons-Harbour Lake/2007 Marriott Cypress Harbour/2009 Sheraton Vistana Villages
May 2011 Beach Club CL/June 2013 Beach Club CL


SADLY NO TICKER- No return trip planned yet
PittPantherfan is offline  
Old 03-22-2011, 10:03 PM   #784
lovesdumbo
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 12,981

Quote:
Originally Posted by PittPantherfan View Post
I was just over at the Beach Club thread and they posted some numbers about the room configurations and I just got pretty bummed out. As I previously posted here, I was real comfortable with my reservation for family of 5 garden view assuming that we would get a day bed. Apparently, there are 9 rooms designated as garden view club level and of those nine, only ONE has a daybed. All others you need to add a rollaway. Others posting on Beach Club thread have indicated that the rollaway in these rooms was sooooo tight. What are the odds that I am going to get a day bed -slim.

The garden view CL rooms were only a few dollars more - I knew there had to be a catch, I guess maybe a found out why. The first page of the Beach Club thread says that rooms with a daybed are guaranteed for parties of 5 but it does not seem to be the case.

I am wondering whether I should downgrade to standard view club level because apparently 12 of those have daybeds. Unfortunately with 5, booking water view is not an option but 7 of those rooms have 2 queens and a day bed. They have more rooms with daybeds in a room category that is restricted to 4 people than a category that is designated with a 5 max. Go figure.

I just wish for the money you spend you would know what you would be getting. Maybe I should wait until I get there and see what happens. I wonder how helpful the CM at the club level will be with a room change if it is not adequate?? Any advice appreciated!!
I wouldn't like my odds with 1 daybed in 9 rooms. CRAZY that you can't book LV rooms when more of those have daybeds. Wouldn't more families of 5 be booked in GV rooms because they can't book LV?

I don't know what the CM can do for you if there is already someone in the one GV room with a daybed.
__________________
lovesdumbo is offline  
Old 03-23-2011, 03:12 PM   #785
2girlsmom
DIS Veteran
 
2girlsmom's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Tampa area
Posts: 4,408

So excited, we had booked WL room for May a month or two ago, but CL wasn't available with the room only discount at that point. Last week, it opened back up club level, so I called and upgraded to CL. I already have all my dining ADR's planned, between the ones I booked and the ones my friend booked for us together. So I guess I'm not sure what IPO would do for me? I haven't heard from them at all yet, should I have? (upgraded last Friday)
__________________
Kristi
me,dh Rick,Meag & Catie

& Lucky
2girlsmom is offline  
Old 03-23-2011, 09:43 PM   #786
woodkins
DIS Veteran
 
woodkins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Long Island, NY
Posts: 2,678

Staying CL at the Poly in October. My dd8 loves to play in the Volcano pool and typically dh & I will lounge and have a beer (or three) watching her swim the afternoon away. Can I bring out a beer from the CL lounge or is that "not allowed". At $8 a piece at the pool bar plus tip if we could make the short walk to the Hawaii builing it could save us a lot of $$ over 6 days!
__________________
-Krysta


7/14 BC, 4/14 ASSP, 10/13 POLY, 8/13 WL, 4/13 WORLDS @ASMu, 11/12 Aulani 9/12 AKL, 7/12 BC, 10/11 POLY, 9/10 POLY, 12/09 POP, 9/09 GF, 2/09 POFQ, 12/08 POLY, 5/08 POLY, 12/07 POLY, 5/07 ASSp, 12/07 CB, 9/07 AKL, 12/06 ASMo, 9/06 WL,
woodkins is offline  
Old 03-23-2011, 10:12 PM   #787
CR Resort Fan 4 Life
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Posts: 39,674

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodkins View Post
Staying CL at the Poly in October. My dd8 loves to play in the Volcano pool and typically dh & I will lounge and have a beer (or three) watching her swim the afternoon away. Can I bring out a beer from the CL lounge or is that "not allowed". At $8 a piece at the pool bar plus tip if we could make the short walk to the Hawaii builing it could save us a lot of $$ over 6 days!
Yes you are allowed to do that.
CR Resort Fan 4 Life is offline  
Old 03-24-2011, 05:08 AM   #788
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy
 
WDWKOOK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: NoVA
Posts: 15,921

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodkins View Post
Staying CL at the Poly in October. My dd8 loves to play in the Volcano pool and typically dh & I will lounge and have a beer (or three) watching her swim the afternoon away. Can I bring out a beer from the CL lounge or is that "not allowed". At $8 a piece at the pool bar plus tip if we could make the short walk to the Hawaii builing it could save us a lot of $$ over 6 days!
Yes, it will save you a lot of money!

Recently on the Poly thread someone said that they were given beer in cans (I believe she said it was Bud) when they asked for beer to take to the pool area. I suppose if you didn't like canned beer you could always get the Kona beer in bottles and transfer them to a plastic cup from the lounge before arriving at the pool.
WDWKOOK is offline  
Old 03-24-2011, 06:50 AM   #789
disneydreamin247
DIS Veteran
 
disneydreamin247's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: staten island
Posts: 5,734

Poly IPO emailed me bright and early to let me know they were able to secure all of our ADR requests. I checked the WDW site to see what times we got and 98% are at the exact time requested, and the other 2% are within 15 minutes. They have been FABULOUS to work with!
__________________
Dani DS DD
disneydreamin247 is offline  
Old 03-24-2011, 07:59 AM   #790
milmore104
My DH is "Dusty Boots"
 
milmore104's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Northern NY
Posts: 2,914

We are staying for our 1st CL stay in Oct. I booked our room on the 20th. Let me just make sure I have all this right...

I have to email IPO if I want contact from them?
They will make our ADRs if I want but I can still do it myself?
I need to contact them for the Sunrise Safari but my cc will NOT be charged?
Upon arriving to the resort I tell bell services we are on the CL and they will bring us up to the lounge to check in? Or do we just go thru the check in desk in the lobby?
Is there anything else I'm missing that IPO does for us?
We are staying @ AKL. Thanks in advance.

Now if they can only make time go faster.
__________________
Me DH DD(12) DD(4) DD(2)

milmore104 is offline  
Old 03-24-2011, 08:17 AM   #791
clanmcculloch
DIS Veteran
 
clanmcculloch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: New Hampshire
Posts: 5,569

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodkins View Post
Staying CL at the Poly in October. My dd8 loves to play in the Volcano pool and typically dh & I will lounge and have a beer (or three) watching her swim the afternoon away. Can I bring out a beer from the CL lounge or is that "not allowed". At $8 a piece at the pool bar plus tip if we could make the short walk to the Hawaii builing it could save us a lot of $$ over 6 days!
Just make sure to tell them that you want to bring them down when you ask for it. They have bud in bottles that are made of metal (not cans; they're shaped like bottles) so if you want bud they'll give you that. If you want a different type of beer then you'll just have to pour it into plastic cups since glass isn't allowed down by the pool or on the beach. Totally permitted and encouraged.
__________________
Me DH DD(16) DD(14) DSD(32) DSSil (41) DGD (newborn) DSD(30) DGS(4)




Multi-Allergy & Autism Dining Reviews: February 2014 * DL & LA July 2013 * February 2013 * August 2012 * February 2012 * August 2011 * August 2010


February 2014 AKL: me, DH, DD15, DD13 * July 2013 DL offsite (Tropicana): me, DH, DD15, DD12, DSD30, DSSil * February 2013 WDW Poly: me, DH, DD14, DD12
August 2012 WDW FW Cabin & AoA Nemo: me, DH, DD14, DD12, DD12's BFF11 * February 2012 WDW Poly CL: me, DH, DD14, DD11 * August 2011 WDW YC: me, DH, DD13, DD11
February 2011 WDW Poly CL: me, DH, DD13, DD10, DSD28, DSSil * August 2010 WDW POFQ & Poly CL: me, DH, DD12, DD10 * June 2010 WDW Pop: me, DH, DD12, DD9
December 2009 WDW POFQ: me, DH, DD11, DD9 * February 2009 WDW Pop: me, DH, DD11, DD8 * August 2008 WDW SSR: me, DH, DSD25, DSD24, DD10, DD8
September 2007 WDW Pop: me, DH, DD9, DD7 * April 2002 DLR offsite: me, DH, DSD19, DSD17, DD4, DD1.5 * June 2000 DLR offsite: me(pregnant), DH, DSD17, DSD15, DD2
January 1994 WDW offsite: me, DH, DSD11, DSD9 * January 1992 WDW offsite: me, DH, DSD9, DSD7
clanmcculloch is offline  
Old 03-24-2011, 08:22 AM   #792
dgbg100106

It is pretty unique... Just like me
Mommy, please make the mean witch stop talking to me
 
dgbg100106's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Maryland
Posts: 46,501

Quote:
Originally Posted by milmore104 View Post
We are staying for our 1st CL stay in Oct. I booked our room on the 20th. Let me just make sure I have all this right...

I have to email IPO if I want contact from them?
Congrats on your stay at AKL CL... It is wonderful....
If you booked your room thru DVC you will need to contact the IPO yourself first and give them your name, reservation number and the dates of your stay. If you booked thru Disney reservations then they SHOULD contact you first, either way to be safe you can email them....

Quote:
Originally Posted by milmore104 View Post
They will make our ADRs if I want but I can still do it myself?
Yes, you can do it yourself, or if you are busy on your 180 day mark, let them make them for you, it is easy.



Quote:
Originally Posted by milmore104 View Post
I need to contact them for the Sunrise Safari but my cc will NOT be charged?
Your CC will not be charge until the day of the safari.

Quote:
Originally Posted by milmore104 View Post
Upon arriving to the resort I tell bell services we are on the CL and they will bring us up to the lounge to check in? Or do we just go thru the check in desk in the lobby?
Are you taking ME? If you are then they will know which bus you are on and hopefully be waiting for you when you arrive out front, if not just let the greeter know outside that you are CL and they will get you set up with the right person, do not go to normal check-in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by milmore104 View Post
Is there anything else I'm missing that IPO does for us?
They can help you plan anything special that you might want to do while you are there, just ask them anything and they will help you with it or point you in the right direction.

Quote:
Originally Posted by milmore104 View Post
We are staying @ AKL. Thanks in advance.

Now if they can only make time go faster.
I wish....
__________________
Brandi & David Thanks Lulu's Mom

73 Cont, 74 Poly, 91 Swan, 02 CBR, 05 BWV, 09 Jambo House AKL (F&WF), 10 Jambo House AKL (F&WF), 11 BWV, 11 BCV (F&WF)

2013 Cruising adventures
3rd times a Charm, F&WF2011 Celebrating Graduations at the world2010 F&WF, AKV with Sunrise Safari and 7 nights on Cruise
dgbg100106 is offline  
Old 03-24-2011, 08:54 AM   #793
nemofans
DIS Veteran
 
nemofans's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Illinois
Posts: 2,120

So when you give IPO your ADR requests, do you give exact times you want them or like a 30 min range?
__________________


I've been BOO'd!!

8/2000 Grosvenor Resort (got engaged!), 11/2005 DL PPH CL, 12/2006 Poly, 02/2008 AKL, 2/2010 CR CL, 2/2011 DCL Magic, 11/2011 DL GCH, 10/2012 AKL CL

2013 Book Challenge: 87 out of 75 GOAL MET!!
2014 Book Challenge: 61 out of 85
nemofans is offline  
Old 03-24-2011, 09:00 AM   #794
dgbg100106

It is pretty unique... Just like me
Mommy, please make the mean witch stop talking to me
 
dgbg100106's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Maryland
Posts: 46,501

Quote:
Originally Posted by nemofans View Post
So when you give IPO your ADR requests, do you give exact times you want them or like a 30 min range?
I have in the past given them the time I wanted but also gave them minimal acceptable ranges, so if I wanted lunch at 11:15 but I would tell them I am flexible to 15 minutes before or after if need be.
__________________
Brandi & David Thanks Lulu's Mom

73 Cont, 74 Poly, 91 Swan, 02 CBR, 05 BWV, 09 Jambo House AKL (F&WF), 10 Jambo House AKL (F&WF), 11 BWV, 11 BCV (F&WF)

2013 Cruising adventures
3rd times a Charm, F&WF2011 Celebrating Graduations at the world2010 F&WF, AKV with Sunrise Safari and 7 nights on Cruise
dgbg100106 is offline  
Old 03-24-2011, 09:06 AM   #795
jackskellingtonsgirl
Jello Shot Chick
I am scarred for life from wearing knock off brands
I opened the door and gave them the "nanny death stare"!
 
jackskellingtonsgirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 25,758

Quote:
Originally Posted by nemofans View Post
So when you give IPO your ADR requests, do you give exact times you want them or like a 30 min range?
I would suggest telling them the exact time you want, then telling them to go later or earlier if that time isn't available. IPO tends to go earlier, but we would prefer later. If we ask for 6:30 PM I would rather have 7 PM than 5:45 PM, so just mention which direction you would rather bump.
__________________
"What a fool believes he sees, no wise man has the power to reason away." Doobie Bros.
"I'd rather laugh with the sinners than cry with the saints." Billy Joel
AKV Oct. '14 VGF/BWV June '14 BWV June '13 Boardwalk Oct. '12 AKV June '12
AKV CL June '11 AKV June '10 AKL Dec. '09 AKV CL Aug. '09 AKL/SSR/Poly/AKV Aug. '08 AKL Dec. '07 WL Aug. '07 AKL Feb. '07 Pop Dec. '06 AKL Aug. '06 Pop Oct. '05 Pop Jan. '05

jackskellingtonsgirl is offline  
Closed Thread



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:41 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.