Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 03-16-2011, 08:55 AM   #706
Cinderumbrella
Wench
 
Cinderumbrella's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Home of the 2013 Stanley Cup Champs!
Posts: 10,302

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlaine8 View Post
Cinderumbrella--thank you for posting so quikly! I really appreciate it!
Did you get your itinerary from IPO????
__________________
Next Trip ~ Grand Wailea Maui ~ November 2014
Yacht Club November 2013~ Pop Century~September 2013~Port Orleans Riverside Royal & Yacht Club Regatta Club June 2013~Pop Century August 2012~
Yacht Club Regatta Club June 2012~Beach Club Stone Harbor Club November 2011~Yacht Club Regatta Club June 2011~Boardwalk Innkeepers Club November 2010~
The Contemporary September 2010~The Contemporary June 2010~ Grand Floridian RPC December 2009~The Contemporary June 2009~ Grand Floridian December 2008~
Pop Century May 2008~Grand Floridian August 2007~Animal Kingdom Lodge December 2006~ Port Orleans Riverside October 2005~Beach Club February 2000~
Grand Floridian August 1997

Cinderumbrella is offline  
Old 03-16-2011, 01:01 PM   #707
CR Resort Fan 4 Life
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Posts: 39,674

Information about Club Level at the Beach Club

Nothing is confirmed yet but after talking with my family we are serioulsy considering staying Club Level at the Beach Club this coming August after our Club Level stay at the Boardwalk Inn. That's right I said the Beach Club so no need to adjust your monitors. Anyway before anyone asks yes I tried looking for a reservation at the Contemporary, however the Atrium Club was sold out with the 35% room only offer. We then talked about the Grand Floridian which we seriously considered, however in the spam of 24 hours Royal Palm got sold out and we weren't 100% sold on Sugar Loaf. Last night when checking the prices for the Beach Club I noticed that their Deluxe Room was less expensive then a Standard Room at Sugar Loaf and that's one of the room categories we are considering. Now I was wondering a few things so hopefully you can help me.

Is their lounge now open 24 hours or did they go back to only opening it during food service?

Are all their Club Level rooms located on the 5th floor meaning you need to insert the KTTW cards into the elevator like at the Contemporary?

Does anyone have a general idea of what the food offerings from 5:00 PM - 7:00 PM are and is one item they serve Clam Chowder Soup, because I remember reading that.

Finally last night when checking the rack rates on Mousesavers it said their Deluxe Room was a bit more expensive then their Club Level - Lagoon View. However with the 35% discount the total was less expensive for the Deluxe Room, so is that true or a glitch on the WDW website?
CR Resort Fan 4 Life is offline  
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 03-16-2011, 01:40 PM   #708
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy
 
WDWKOOK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: NoVA
Posts: 15,922

Quote:
Originally Posted by CR Resort Fan 4 Life View Post
Nothing is confirmed yet but after talking with my family we are serioulsy considering staying Club Level at the Beach Club this coming August after our Club Level stay at the Boardwalk Inn. That's right I said the Beach Club so no need to adjust your monitors. Anyway before anyone asks yes I tried looking for a reservation at the Contemporary, however the Atrium Club was sold out with the 35% room only offer. We then talked about the Grand Floridian which we seriously considered, however in the spam of 24 hours Royal Palm got sold out and we weren't 100% sold on Sugar Loaf. Last night when checking the prices for the Beach Club I noticed that their Deluxe Room was less expensive then a Standard Room at Sugar Loaf and that's one of the room categories we are considering. Now I was wondering a few things so hopefully you can help me.

Is their lounge now open 24 hours or did they go back to only opening it during food service?

Are all their Club Level rooms located on the 5th floor meaning you need to insert the KTTW cards into the elevator like at the Contemporary?

Does anyone have a general idea of what the food offerings from 5:00 PM - 7:00 PM are and is one item they serve Clam Chowder Soup, because I remember reading that.

Finally last night when checking the rack rates on Mousesavers it said their Deluxe Room was a bit more expensive then their Club Level - Lagoon View. However with the 35% discount the total was less expensive for the Deluxe Room, so is that true or a glitch on the WDW website?
We went with the BC/Deluxe over the GF/Deluxe because it ends-up only about $20 more per night than the BC and includes CL access, which the GF Deluxe room doesn't.


1. The beverage portion of the lounge is still open 24 hours.

2. Suites and Deluxe rooms are located on floors 1-4. You will use your KTTW card to gain access to the 5th floor where the lounge is located.

3. Here is a link to photos of the BC lounge offerings:
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....735844&page=63

4. I booked the BC Deluxe room and it is in fact less than the regular CL lagoon view room. This may be because it is not located on the CL floor and a CL lagoon view room is. However, at the YC, the YC Deluxe room is more than the regular CL lagoon view room because it is even larger than the BC Deluxe room.

Last edited by WDWKOOK; 03-16-2011 at 01:47 PM.
WDWKOOK is offline  
Old 03-16-2011, 01:43 PM   #709
CR Resort Fan 4 Life
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Posts: 39,674

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK View Post
1. The beverage portion of the lounge is still open 24 hours.

2. Suites and Deluxe rooms are located on floors 1-4. You will use your KTTW card to gain access to the 5th floor where the lounge is located.

3. Here is a link to photos of the BC lounge offerings:
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....735844&page=63

4. I booked the BC Deluxe room and it is in fact less than the regular CL lagoon view room. This may be because it is not located on the CL floor and a CL lagoon view room is. However, at the YC, the YC Deluxe room is more than the regular CL lagoon view room because it is even larger than the BC Deluxe room.
Thank you for that information and can I assume their Standard Club Level Rooms are all located on the 5th floor? Also when you say their beverage portion of the lounge is open 24 hours does that mean the other areas are closed off when their is no food service?
CR Resort Fan 4 Life is offline  
Old 03-16-2011, 01:50 PM   #710
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy
 
WDWKOOK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: NoVA
Posts: 15,922

Quote:
Originally Posted by CR Resort Fan 4 Life View Post
Thank you for that information and can I assume their Standard Club Level Rooms are all located on the 5th floor? Also when you say their beverage portion of the lounge is open 24 hours does that mean the other areas are closed off when their is no food service?
I'm not sure if there is only access to the beverages or if you can still sit in there when the lounge is closed
WDWKOOK is offline  
Old 03-16-2011, 01:55 PM   #711
DisneyMomx7
DIS Veteran
 
DisneyMomx7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Hamilton Square, NJ
Posts: 11,086

Hey CRFan - are you really coming to BC????

I think you will love it.

We have stayed at both the deluxe cl room and the gv cl room.

We loved the extra space of the deluxe room but then again we really liked being the on the same floor as the lounge when we had the regular gv cl room.

The lounge is now open 24 hours a day (except when they are cleaning).

Here is what they offered last summer:

Breakfast - oatmeal with toppings, cereal, yogurt, cut up fruit, whole fruit, hard boiled eggs, bagels, croissants, fruit breads (like banana bread), mini muffins, bread for toasting - juices, coffee, etc.

Evening appetizers - ( no more clam chowder!) 2 hot appetizers such as bacon wrapped scallops, potstickers, crab ragoons, mini egg rolls, duck quesedillas, chicken skewers, cold salad such as lobster salad, cheese and crackers, veg and dips, hummus and other dips, peanut butter and jelly cups, small rolls, beer, wine, soft drinks, cordials.

Afternoon snacks were home made chips and a red pepper dip, trail mix, yogurt covered pretzels, cookies and gummy worms.

Desserts were different each night things like oreo bon bons, mini cheesecakes, brownies, cupcakes, mini fruit tarts, mini key lime pies etc.

We really love BC. Hope you get a chance to try out SAB, Beaches and Cream and Hurricane Hannahs.

We are doing something similar - 2 nights at the Polynesian and then 15 nights at the Beach Club.
__________________
Robyn

GF-2003,2004,2005,2006,2008,2009,2011,2013,2014
YC-2006,2007,2008,2014 POLY- 2006,2007,2008
BC-2008,2009,2010,2011,2012,2013
HRH-2004,2006, RPR-2012, 2014
DisneyMomx7 is offline  
Old 03-16-2011, 02:00 PM   #712
CR Resort Fan 4 Life
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Posts: 39,674

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyMomx7 View Post
Hey CRFan - are you really coming to BC????

I think you will love it.

We have stayed at both the deluxe cl room and the gv cl room.

We loved the extra space of the deluxe room but then again we really liked being the on the same floor as the lounge when we had the regular gv cl room.

The lounge is now open 24 hours a day (except when they are cleaning).

Here is what they offered last summer:

Breakfast - oatmeal with toppings, cereal, yogurt, cut up fruit, whole fruit, hard boiled eggs, bagels, croissants, fruit breads (like banana bread), mini muffins, bread for toasting - juices, coffee, etc.

Evening appetizers - ( no more clam chowder!) 2 hot appetizers such as bacon wrapped scallops, potstickers, crab ragoons, mini egg rolls, duck quesedillas, chicken skewers, cold salad such as lobster salad, cheese and crackers, veg and dips, hummus and other dips, peanut butter and jelly cups, small rolls, beer, wine, soft drinks, cordials.

Afternoon snacks were home made chips and a red pepper dip, trail mix, yogurt covered pretzels, cookies and gummy worms.

Desserts were different each night things like oreo bon bons, mini cheesecakes, brownies, cupcakes, mini fruit tarts, mini key lime pies etc.

We really love BC. Hope you get a chance to try out SAB, Beaches and Cream and Hurricane Hannahs.

We are doing something similar - 2 nights at the Polynesian and then 15 nights at the Beach Club.
Thank you for that information and can I assume the Garden View is for all the Standard Club Level rooms and not a view of the parking lot?

We have also been to Beaches & Cream twice during our recent stays at the Boardwalk Inn.
CR Resort Fan 4 Life is offline  
Old 03-16-2011, 02:02 PM   #713
DisneyMomx7
DIS Veteran
 
DisneyMomx7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Hamilton Square, NJ
Posts: 11,086

This year new views are added: Standard view cl (parking lot) garden view cl (gv) lagoon view cl and deluxe cl.

If you liked Beaches and Cream you'll love Hurricane Hannah's - they make the same burgers!
__________________
Robyn

GF-2003,2004,2005,2006,2008,2009,2011,2013,2014
YC-2006,2007,2008,2014 POLY- 2006,2007,2008
BC-2008,2009,2010,2011,2012,2013
HRH-2004,2006, RPR-2012, 2014
DisneyMomx7 is offline  
Old 03-16-2011, 02:12 PM   #714
CR Resort Fan 4 Life
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Posts: 39,674

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyMomx7 View Post
This year new views are added: Standard view cl (parking lot) garden view cl (gv) lagoon view cl and deluxe cl.

If you liked Beaches and Cream you'll love Hurricane Hannah's - they make the same burgers!
Well when I look online for the dates I entered Garden View - Club Level is not available. Just Standard Club Level, Deluxe Room - Club Level and Lagoon View - Club Level. Now with the Standard Rooms no matter the view that might be a difference between staying one extra night, however not sure if we want the view of the parking lot. So that's why we are considering their Deluxe Room and that means checking out one day earlier. Now the difference between their Deluxe Club Level Room and Lagoon Club Level room is $44.00 and not a huge difference, which might consider us to take the Lagoon View. However the difference between the Standard Club Level Room and Deluxe Room was $230.00 and either staying one day more or one day less.

Now incase anyone brings this up yes I know when we have had the Magic Kingdom View at the Contemporary we also faced their parking lot, however the difference is we also saw the Magic Kingdom, Polynesian, Grand Floridian and Monorail. So at the Beach Club it would just be the parking lot only.
CR Resort Fan 4 Life is offline  
Old 03-16-2011, 02:17 PM   #715
pixarmom
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 5,227

Quote:
Originally Posted by CR Resort Fan 4 Life View Post
Thank you for that information and can I assume their Standard Club Level Rooms are all located on the 5th floor? Also when you say their beverage portion of the lounge is open 24 hours does that mean the other areas are closed off when their is no food service?
When we stayed BC CL last month, the entire lounge was open "almost 24 hours," as the CL CM described it! When we checked in, the CL CM told us that they needed to close it for 20 minutes or so every once in a while for cleaning/restocking. During those times, we could not enter the lounge and beverages were not available - that happened to us only once in an entire week! But at all other times, we could grab sodas or coffee and we could sit in the lounge. So the other areas of the lounge were open, too.

Robyn already addressed everything, but I just wanted to add that we were in a deluxe BC CL room on the 4th floor and it was great - large balcony with a view of the quiet pool and the room was huge. We didn't mind staying on a different floor from the lounge. We usually ate breakfast and snacks in the lounge, but brought coffee/dessert back to our room at night.
__________________
Disneyland (x many since 1975), Poly (x many since 1983), BC (x many since 1992), BWI (x3), YC, CR, WL (x2), AKL, POFQ, Dolphin, CSR (x3), CBR, POR-Riverside, All Star Sports, 2011 Disney Dream, 2012 Disney Wonder to Alaska, 2012 MNSSHP, runDisney: 2013 Inaugural Disneyland 10K, 2014 Princess Half Marathon and Cinderella Family 5K

August 2014: Last Minute WDW (ASMu)
January 2015: WDW Marathon and 5K (AKL, GF, BWI!)
August 2015: DL Half Marathon!
pixarmom is offline  
Old 03-16-2011, 02:49 PM   #716
travlnman1
Been there..done that..going back!
 
travlnman1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Bryn Athyn, PA
Posts: 686

Can someone tell me the difference between the deluxe CL and the lagoon CL? Is lagoon better? Are the rooms larger?
travlnman1 is offline  
Old 03-16-2011, 03:10 PM   #717
DisneyMomx7
DIS Veteran
 
DisneyMomx7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Hamilton Square, NJ
Posts: 11,086

Deluxe Cl rooms are bigger but are not on the 5th floor. Lagoon view CL rooms are the same size as gv and standard cl rooms, just a better view.

The wierd thing is you cannot book a lagoon view if you are a family of 5.

CRFAN - just my opinion but for a short stay I would book the standard cl room and hope for the best. Maybe even ask when you arrive if it's possible to pay for a upgrade to a gv room. For a longer stay I would pick the deluxe room over the standard cl room.

Hope you enjoy BC CL. First you found out that you liked BWI CL - you are really expanding your horizons!
__________________
Robyn

GF-2003,2004,2005,2006,2008,2009,2011,2013,2014
YC-2006,2007,2008,2014 POLY- 2006,2007,2008
BC-2008,2009,2010,2011,2012,2013
HRH-2004,2006, RPR-2012, 2014
DisneyMomx7 is offline  
Old 03-16-2011, 03:46 PM   #718
weswife
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 1,583

Reading this makes me so excited for our trip!!!!! This will be our 1st CL stay!!!!!!! Wonderful info.!
__________________
weswife is offline  
Old 03-16-2011, 04:33 PM   #719
Missoutandabout
DIS Veteran
 
Missoutandabout's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Chicagoland, IL
Posts: 2,036

Regarding the "First Come, First Serve Jogging Strollers" ...

Not sure if every resort offers this for CL; I did notice it as one of the amenities when I booked our stay at the Poly.

Has anyone tried and failed at getting one of these strollers? I'm half tempted to brave the first part of our trip without our stroller (at BC) and then try for the jogging stroller when we get to the Poly. I'm hoping our 4 year old will hold up.
Missoutandabout is offline  
Old 03-16-2011, 04:42 PM   #720
TigrLvsPooh
Disney's Ultimate Fan, and our very own Travel Channel television star!!!
Anthony's Girl
Got my way
 
TigrLvsPooh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Indiana
Posts: 9,973

Anyone at BC CL now? I'd love an update on their coffee. Is it still Nescafe or did they install the new coffee machine?
__________________
Erika Murphy
My WDW Resort stays: Grand Floridian 2012, 2003, 2001, 1994 * Polynesian 2013, 2011, 2008, 2008, 2005, 2003 * Contemporary 2014, 2008 * Bay Lake Tower 2013 *Boardwalk 2014, 2013, 2006, 2004 * Wilderness Cabin 1998 * Dixie Landings 1999 * All Star Music 2001 * Caribbean Beach Resort 2012, 2002 * Animal Kingdom Lodge 2014, 2012, 2011, 2008, 2006, 2005 * Old Key West 2009, 2008, 2004, 2003, 2002 * Yacht Club 2014, 2013, 2012, 2010, 2002 * Beach Club 2014, 2012, 2011, 2008, 2003 * Swan 2006, 2005, 2003 * Pop Century 2014, 2013, 2012, 2009, 2008, 2007, 2006, 2005, 2004 * Art of Animation 2014 * Wilderness Lodge 2014, 2011, 2004, 2003 * Saratoga Springs 2015, 2007 * Port Orleans French Quarter 2014, 2013, 2004 * Coronado Spring 2014 *
TigrLvsPooh is offline  
Closed Thread



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:14 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.