Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 03-10-2011, 02:21 PM   #631
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinderumbrella View Post
Wait, I don't remember you switching?? Do you mind if I asked why?
Oh, that was the second time I've switched mid-trip to go back to the CR. One trip we left the Poly after 3 nights to go back to the CR.

There was nothing at all wrong with the Regatta Club, I just missed not being at the CR and near the monorail and MK. We were in a YC/GV room with SAB below us and I just missed looking out at Bay Lake and the CR's room style. Maybe it was also because my DH wasn't with us (he was deployed) and the CR is his favorite WDW resort and it felt more like "home" than the YC.

The CR hasn't been available for at least two months for our dates, so we thought we'd try out an Epcot resort. We're looking forward to jogging around Crescent Lake and walking to DHS and Epcot. But if a BLV Tower room opens up...
Old 03-10-2011, 02:24 PM   #632
CR Resort Fan 4 Life
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK View Post
The CR hasn't been available for at least two months for our dates, so we thought we'd try out an Epcot resort. We're looking forward to jogging around Crescent Lake and walking to DHS and Epcot. But if a BLV Tower room opens up...
My advice stay away from the WDW website to see if a Tower - Bay Lake View becomes available.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-10-2011, 02:28 PM   #633
Cinderumbrella
Wench

Quote:
Oh, that was the second time I've switched mid-trip to go back to the CR. One trip we left the Poly after 3 nights to go back to the CR.

There was nothing at all wrong with the Regatta Club, I just missed not being at the CR and near the monorail and MK. We were in a YC/GV room with SAB below us and I just missed looking out at Bay Lake and the CR's room style. Maybe it was also because my DH wasn't with us (he was deployed) and the CR is his favorite WDW resort and it felt more like "home" than the YC.

OK, that makes sense

I am really looking forward to trying YC. I thought I would hate the EPCOT side when we tried BWI in November (a previous stay 11 years ago at the BC when we had only ever stayed GF was a disaster). But it ended up feeling like a completely different vacation over there. DS and I have taken 3 Mommy & Me trips in the past, and all 3 have been at the CR. He was the one who picked the YC/BC area this time because of SAB. HOPEFULLY, we will won't be making a CR switch mid trip too!
The Contemporary September 2010~The Contemporary June 2010~ Grand Floridian RPC December 2009~The Contemporary June 2009~ Grand Floridian December 2008~
Pop Century May 2008~Grand Floridian August 2007~Animal Kingdom Lodge December 2006~ Port Orleans Riverside October 2005~Beach Club February 2000~
Grand Floridian August 1997

Old 03-10-2011, 02:32 PM   #634
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Quote:
Originally Posted by CR Resort Fan 4 Life View Post
My advice stay away from the WDW website to see if a Tower - Bay Lake View becomes available.
Well, looking online is easier than calling everyday. But now that I know from the CM I spoke to yesterday that not all available resort inventory appears online, I will be calling periodically to check
Old 03-10-2011, 02:37 PM   #635
CR Resort Fan 4 Life
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Well, looking online is easier than calling everyday. But now that I know from the CM I spoke to yesterday that not all available resort inventory appears online, I will be calling periodically to check
Well if a room at the Contemporary becomes available I would recommend a split stay, although hopefully you won't need to worry about doing that.
Old 03-10-2011, 03:05 PM   #636
Anonomom
DIS Veteran

Hi all,

We're approaching our first CL stay at the CR in May -- our consolation prize for the trip we had to cancel last week for a death in the family.

My question is, I will be six months pregnant by the time we go, and if past history is any guide, will be on a seriously carb-restricted diet by then. I know that the CL breakfast offerings tend to be extremely carb-heavy, so I was just planning to let the rest of my family eat at the lounge while I grab some eggs from the Contempo Cafe. But then I saw that lounges at the other resorts sometimes offer hard-boiled eggs, and I started wondering if it would be ok for me to ask beforehand for some kind of protein option for breakfast?

My initial thought, to be honest, it's that's a huge concession to ask for and that I probably should stick to my original plan. But I figured it couldn't hurt to get the opinions of some CL vets. SO, what do you think? Should I ask, or just keep my mouth shut and buy breakfast elsewhere?
Old 03-10-2011, 03:31 PM   #637
CR Resort Fan 4 Life
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonomom View Post
Hi all,

We're approaching our first CL stay at the CR in May -- our consolation prize for the trip we had to cancel last week for a death in the family.

My question is, I will be six months pregnant by the time we go, and if past history is any guide, will be on a seriously carb-restricted diet by then. I know that the CL breakfast offerings tend to be extremely carb-heavy, so I was just planning to let the rest of my family eat at the lounge while I grab some eggs from the Contempo Cafe. But then I saw that lounges at the other resorts sometimes offer hard-boiled eggs, and I started wondering if it would be ok for me to ask beforehand for some kind of protein option for breakfast?

My initial thought, to be honest, it's that's a huge concession to ask for and that I probably should stick to my original plan. But I figured it couldn't hurt to get the opinions of some CL vets. SO, what do you think? Should I ask, or just keep my mouth shut and buy breakfast elsewhere?
During my families previous Club Level stays at the Contemporary, Boardwalk Inn and Polynesian my Mom always requests a half a grapefruit because she has one each morning back home, however that's one thing not available for breakfast in any of the Club Level lounges. Although each time the Club Level Cast Members have been able to get it for her without any problems, so I would e-mail the Contemporary IPO and tell them your situation or speak with one of the Contemporary Club Level Cast Members when you arrive, because they will be able to help you.
Old 03-10-2011, 07:37 PM   #638
AKL LOVER
Are we there yet??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Momtomouselover View Post
That makes sense but I wonder what they would think of one older child (16) and one younger (5) of different genders. Certainly poses a problem with sleeping arrangements in our case. Thanks for the information. I may reconsider CL, that is if one opens up, but not sure I want to take the chance on not getting BB's.
I would say that they probably take that into consideration! Good luck--hope you get your bunk beds
Old 03-11-2011, 10:06 AM   #639
Cory's Gal
I also haven't met a donut I didn't like

My mom and dad just came back last Saturday from their Poly stay. They were 3rd floor GV in Hawaii. They LOVED the CL and couldn't say enough wonderful things about their stay! My mom said there was always plenty of food, they enjoyed wine every night and found the staff very friendly and helpful. She also said that the mousekeeping was great! They have only stayed at POP and POFQ prior to this trip but they said they now are Poly CL fans! They loved where the Hawaii building is located, they enjoyed the grounds and beaches. They loved it so much that for our next trip they are going to pay to upgrade me and my family! It seems to have left a great impression for them!
Old 03-11-2011, 02:44 PM   #640
bluejasmine
DIS Veteran

We are Poly CL fans too

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cory's Gal View Post
My mom and dad just came back last Saturday from their Poly stay. They were 3rd floor GV in Hawaii. They LOVED the CL and couldn't say enough wonderful things about their stay! My mom said there was always plenty of food, they enjoyed wine every night and found the staff very friendly and helpful. She also said that the mousekeeping was great! They have only stayed at POP and POFQ prior to this trip but they said they now are Poly CL fans! They loved where the Hawaii building is located, they enjoyed the grounds and beaches. They loved it so much that for our next trip they are going to pay to upgrade me and my family! It seems to have left a great impression for them!

Its the same way we felt, its a pretty penny, we couldnt do it without the PINS we have been getting but it makes your WDW vacation so relaxing!

For the money I wish I could still do values but we were so spoiled that if I were Id spend the whole time going " I wish we were at the Poly"
ASMo 2003/2005, ASMu 2009,Pop 2006/2013, SSR 2008, Poly CL 2010/2011/2013, GF CL 2012, AKL 2011, CR 2011, BC CL 2012, POR 2005/2012, CBR 2011, DCL Fantasy 2012, Hilton DTD 2011(2x) Best Western DTD 2010/2012
Old 03-11-2011, 03:30 PM   #641
robeck
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cory's Gal View Post
I couldn't agree more. We did Poly CL LV in Feb.. This was our second time and we also couldn't imagine doing WDW any other way. We were third floor this time and the view is nice. We also couldn't do it without the discounts but we don't even consider other options any more.
Old 03-11-2011, 04:41 PM   #642
disneydreamin247
DIS Veteran

I love hearing all the positive Poly reviews. We'll be staying there in September and I've been hearing a lot of negative things about it recently.
Old 03-11-2011, 05:34 PM   #643
nemofans
DIS Veteran

I just booked AKL CL!! Do the club level rooms on the 4th floor go all the way down the hall? Just wondering how far of a walk we'll have.
Also, can you use a discount code w/a CL room?

I don't know what to request from IPO. If there is milk in the lounge, then we are good. The other thing is we will be celebrating our 10th anniversary & I am wondering what I could order for the room as a surprise to DH. Will they help me w/that?

I've been BOO'd!!

8/2000 Grosvenor Resort (got engaged!), 11/2005 DL PPH CL, 12/2006 Poly, 02/2008 AKL, 2/2010 CR CL, 2/2011 DCL Magic, 11/2011 DL GCH, 10/2012 AKL CL

2013 Book Challenge: 87 out of 75 GOAL MET!!
2014 Book Challenge: 49 out of 85
Old 03-11-2011, 07:36 PM   #644
WDWKOOK

Quote:
Originally Posted by nemofans View Post
I just booked AKL CL!! Do the club level rooms on the 4th floor go all the way down the hall? Just wondering how far of a walk we'll have.
Also, can you use a discount code w/a CL room?

I don't know what to request from IPO. If there is milk in the lounge, then we are good. The other thing is we will be celebrating our 10th anniversary & I am wondering what I could order for the room as a surprise to DH. Will they help me w/that?
I believe I read that not all 4th floor AKL rooms are CL access rooms. Where they are on that floor, I don't know.

Yes, you can definitely book CL rooms and even Deluxe CL rooms with a discount. I've always used a 40% off discount.

Yes, there is milk in the lounge. If it isn't in the fridge, just ask and they will get some.

The IPO can help with in-room gifts, however, there is also a website that has in-room celebration items:

http://www.disneyflorist.com/categor...ations/display

And, here is the link to various celebration ideas:

http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/cel...ustomizations/

Congratulations on booking!
Old 03-12-2011, 09:50 AM   #645
FeeFeeWhite
No longer needs to beg for updates at the Universal Orlando onsite resorts...well, at least she doesn't have to beg LOUDLY...

Tell Me it's Okay!

I've stayed at BW in a 2BR Villa, but not in the inn. Also it was around 10 years ago! I just booked 2 BW Inn Club rooms.

Tell me your thoughts on Club at BW! Can you see fireworks from these rooms and/or lounge? Are food offerings edible? Any anything else you would like to share!

We stayed Club at GF (both levels) CT, Poly and AKL. Will I be amazed or disappointed?

Thanks for you help!
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: