Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 01-17-2011, 08:27 AM   #436
mom2travel
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyMomx7 View Post
We had the same experience at BC and YC CL. Items were replenished very quickly both at breakfast and the evening appetizers.
This was our experience at Poly CL Sept 2010. DH & I had a great experience. Never had a problem grabbing a drink (water, soda or adult bev) - more than one night were at Poly and grabbed a couple of beers to go and watched EWP and Wishes from the beach.

Looking forward to staying BWI CL in a few months w/ DD (DH is addicted now to CL!)

CR Poly GF ASSp DLR
WL BWI AKL YC POFQ
Old 01-17-2011, 08:53 AM   #437
bookbabe_disneynut
self-confessed Disney addict...and proud of it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bean bunny View Post
Is the YC CL still open 24/7? I thought they were doing a test of this... If so, are there offerings at all times - beverages in particular?
Not sure if it's the same at YC, but the folks on the other end of the joint email address for YC/BC CL said last week that the BC CL lounge would be available via key card access when we arrive after midnight this Friday. Coffee, tea, sodas, swedish fish, trail mix and yoghurt-covered pretzels are what they said would be out.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-17-2011, 09:39 AM   #438
coopersmom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by gretchenohar@hotmail View Post
Hi CR Resort Fan 4 Life,
We didn't have that experience last May at the Poly, sorry to say. I can honestly say that the CL kitchen staff was generally not to be found, and if you did happen to get lucky and catch someone's eye, you were not likely to be assisted. We're not high maintainence guests - just asked for 2 beers to take to our rooms for Wishes - "sorry, none available" (except something I'd never heard of before...). We returned to the resort midafternoon one day only to be told there were no goldfish OR pretzels available. Evening offerings were never replenished after the initial serving, as far as I could tell. I could go on, but I won't. These seem like petty complaints, but taken into context and the mediocre service at CL thru-out the 7 days, we decided not to return to the Poly.
We decided to try the Beach Club Villas (renting points) this year. I see that you're a fan of the BWI as well as CR. I viewed the BWI rooms on-line at YouTube, and they look awesome! Would love to stay there. But with the grandkids, SAB trumps rooms at BWI. We're looking forward to taking the boat over to enjoy the nightlife, tho.
Thanks for all the info you provide!
I stayed at the Polynesian in December and had the same experience as Gretchen. We didn't really ask for much--my husband had maybe 2 beers all week and I did ask for chocolate milk once or twice a day for my son; and, by the by, if I hadn't read the boards here I wouldn't even know these things were available if you ask, because no one ever offered anything--but the food was pretty much always empty (not low; empty) when we came around, even with hours left to go in the "service period," to grab a drink (sodas always seemed to be available and water you could pour into cups). Workers were there, cleaning up and milling around, and definitely saw the empty platters/containers I never once saw anything be refilled. The one afternoon I tried to get some goldfish crackers as a snack for my son, they had nothing midway through the "snack" time. And I mean NOTHING. There were three empty canisters, two empty plates with crumbs sitting out and that's it. There was also a worker lifting the empty platters and wiping underneath them, who saw me get a plate and look around only to find nothing. When I said, 'Oh, guess there's nothing left' (or something to that effect), she just shrugged and I left.

In our observation, if you didn't line up the minute service began--and it was a long line--you weren't getting anything. We weren't really trying very hard to be there for the food, but one night while in the lounge talking with another couple (and eating pizza we brought in ourselves) we witnessed the beginning of the dessert service and it was kind of fascinating. People started lining up about 10 minutes before time and then, within 10 minutes of the "service time" starting, when I went to get up and get a soda after the crowd dispersed, there was one or two lonely items left on each of the three trays. We stayed in the lounge for another hour or so, but still left before dessert service was technically "over," according to the published times, and I never saw anyone put anything new out after the initial wave was taken so quickly. (The staff was around and drinks were still being given out.)

Honestly, I found it odd (and cheap on Disney's part), but what we did see didn't look too appealing, so it wasn't a great loss. Certainly nothing worth lining up for.

I will say, they did seem to provide breakfast items more routinely. My husband and son ate breakfast there about half the days of our trip and he never mentioned any shortages. The one time I went up, maybe about half an hour after the start time listed, there seemed to be plenty of everything out that they offered.
Old 01-17-2011, 09:53 AM   #439
duktes
Earning My Ears

We stayed there in beg of Jan and it must have been quieter but we had no problems with food at all. There was always quite a bit and they always filled up the platters that were low. We always went about an hour after each service opening time as well.

We had to ask for yogurt though.
Old 01-17-2011, 12:42 PM   #440
CR Resort Fan 4 Life
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyMomx7 View Post
We had the same experience at BC and YC CL. Items were replenished very quickly both at breakfast and the evening appetizers.
Last month at the Boardwalk Inn I remeber they were replacing some of the dessert items at 9:50 PM which was funny, because at 10:00 PM they would be taking everything away and closing the lounge for the night. So that goes to show you they were still on their game when you think there would be no reason to replace those items that late in the service.
Old 01-17-2011, 01:00 PM   #441
chimo2u
DIS Veteran

I am beginning to really appreciate the CL services we enjoyed at AKL on both our previous trips! (January 08/Sept 09)

I am venturing away from my beloved AKL this trip as it is a trip with my teen son and I thought he might like the Epcot area resorts (Staying BC CL)

I sure hope our experience at BC CL is as positive as my experiences have been at AKL!!

Disney Trips:January 15-23, 2008 - AKL CL Celebrating DH leave from Afghanistan | Sept 1-12, 2009 - Storming the World with Friends, AKL CL Free Dining | August 20-29, 2010 Mom n' Son only trip, First time at Beach Club GV CL/ Universal Studios PBH CL ** POSTPONED ** Mom n' Son Trip is back on FEB 5-10, 2011 BC GV/Club Level with Basic DDP/Universal Studios HRH CL Feb 10/11/12 (DS's surprise** ) Sept 29 -Oct 7 2012 Best Friend Getaway POLY CL/ HRH CL
Old 01-17-2011, 01:58 PM   #442
jackskellingtonsgirl
Jello Shot Chick
I am scarred for life from wearing knock off brands
I opened the door and gave them the "nanny death stare"!

I am thinking experiences vary depending partly on how full the hotels are. Although you would THINK the lounge staff would know if the club level rooms were sold out and prepare accordingly.

Maybe the 10 nights we were there in Aug. '09 they were tweaking the evening service, or maybe people who were not supposed to have lounge access were up there anyway. I would almost swear there were not 2 hot appetizers offered each evening. I think it was one. Or maybe one just went so quickly I missed it.
AKV CL June '11 AKV June '10 AKL Dec. '09 AKV CL Aug. '09 AKL/SSR/Poly/AKV Aug. '08 AKL Dec. '07 WL Aug. '07 AKL Feb. '07 Pop Dec. '06 AKL Aug. '06 Pop Oct. '05 Pop Jan. '05

Old 01-17-2011, 05:29 PM   #443
seadd67
DIS Veteran

You would think with the price you pay, it would never be a issue about what you get In the CL?
Old 01-17-2011, 05:59 PM   #444
Pjimmeyer
1000th Happy Haunt

Quote:
Originally Posted by seadd67 View Post
You would think with the price you pay, it would never be a issue about what you get In the CL?
I agree.

It seems to be way too hit-and-miss for CL service. The negative stories should be very few and far between. We expected them to blow our socks off and while we didn't have very many complaints we were not overly impressed either. CL service should not be a "your mileage may vary" issue. It should be a "fantastic if you can afford it" issue.

Just our opinion and don't stress about it if you want to try it out. I would very much recommend it for the curious if you can get a good deal. And if you are a fan of CL then that's cool too.
Old 01-17-2011, 07:29 PM   #445
hill6
DIS Veteran

In our 5 nights at the Boardwalk the only time things were depleted was one morning when we got a late start. We did take what they had out and when they replenished some items we did take them.

All other times things were full or being filled as they were emptied. Those folks worked hard. Also they were great when we spent our last hour there before going down to Magical Express. They came and asked if we needed/wanted anything.

Saratoga Springs Nov 8-13 our First DVC trip

Villas at Wilderness Lodge May 9-14
Old 01-18-2011, 01:41 PM   #446
yolie912
DIS Veteran

I would like to know if the Beach Club CL rooms all have full balconies.??

Thanks
Old 01-18-2011, 08:11 PM   #447
hill6
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by yolie912 View Post
I would like to know if the Beach Club CL rooms all have full balconies.??

Thanks
Go to the Yacht and Beach Club Thread to get this info. I know not everyroom has full balconies. Lots of useful info first few pages. If not then ask and you will have answer shortly

Saratoga Springs Nov 8-13 our First DVC trip

Villas at Wilderness Lodge May 9-14
Old 01-18-2011, 09:21 PM   #448
CR Resort Fan 4 Life
DIS Veteran

All the food at the end of the day get thrown out in the garbage

In December 2009 we were talking to one of the Atrium Club Cast Members and asked them what happens to all the food in the lounges once it gets taken away? We were told that it all gets thrown out into the garbage. We then asked how come it doesn't get donated to a food bank? They told us that's what use to happen, however someone from there who was eating the food got sick and the food bank sued WDW. So because of that they stopped donating all that food. Anyway I thought it's an intresting fact for those who didn't know that and after hearing that we never felt guilty going up and taking 2 or 3 more plates of food during the various food services, because at least that's better then having it all end up in the garbage.
Old 01-18-2011, 10:02 PM   #449
yolie912
DIS Veteran

Thanks so much for the suggestion. I will check out the beach club thread. What do you guys thing of the CL at the CR??
Old 01-18-2011, 11:21 PM   #450
Tinker'n'Fun
"apple", peaches, "pumpkin pie", who's not ready holler "I"...
i'm just trying to be optimistic!
I am SO CLUELESS and I hate it!!

Read all 30 pages and still have questions, hope someone can help.

DH surprised me with a birthday trip this February. When he booked, he forgot to add my need for a handicap bathroom (grab bars in the tub and around the commode area). So when I called back, we had to move from POR to POFQ and they said that there was a room held for our end of the stay at AKL club level. I am a bit worried since no one has mentioned this type of room and I would hate to have our "view" moved because of this. I would feel absolutely terrible if I ruined his surprise to me. Anyone have any experience with this??

Also, the Sunrise Safari. I was going to surprise DH with the "Keys to the Kingdom" tour as this is our first without children vacation in 20 years. He always talks about this tour but then I read good things regarding the Sunrise Safari. Anyone feel one is better than the other?

From reading, I get breakfast will be okay for us without being considered a "hoarder", but I need some ideas re: other meals. We will be just off deluxe dining while at POFQ and the carry-over for our first night at AKL (my bday!!).

Is it about right to have a continental breakfast in the lounge, a CS (we have some favorites that we will not be visiting while in DXDining) and then some grazing other times in the lounge. Does this sound within protocol?

Do all the rooms have balcony's? Would you recommend a resort day only. We have never stayed at either a moderate or a deluxe, so this is all new to us.

Last but not least, we will be having breakfast at Boma, lunch and Liberty Tree Tavern for my birthday and praying for a cancellation for the Wishes Dessert party for dinner. Since, I think that wish may not come true, could you state where you would want your bday dinner, (either one or two credit doesn't matter, we have some room to move ADR's around). I really wanted CG for Wishes, but since this is a late planned trip, only way after 9 is available.

And last but not least, I haven't really had a drink since we married. I do love Kahlua, and see that it is available. Do the CM's pour for you or can you do it. I was thinking of trying something for my bday in the evening. Any other drink contributions would be appreciated.

I know I have asked a lot. This will be my bday celebration but also my 20th. wedding anniversary a few months early. DH's boss took off the week before, week of and week after at our anniversary. A large surprise party had to be cancelled and many tears were shed by me. Thus, the creation of my gift. I want it to be as perfect as we can make it. I totally understand, never think everything will be perfect or you will be disappointed, thus the few cordials to make the bad stuff disappear.. Thank you everyone!!!
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: