Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 01-10-2011, 07:50 PM   #376
Disney Fan Katt
Founding member of the Mickey Moms Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarlingDumbo View Post
Is anyone else having difficulty reaching BC/YC IPO by email?
My message was returned.
I was having a very difficult time until I realized that the email on the start of the BC info page was not correct. I got the corrected email and have been conversing with them for the last week. Try this one:

Yacht.Beach.Club.Itinerary.Planning@Disneyworld.co m

That is from my last email from them.

Good luck! They have been amazing to work with already.

December 2012 Ft. Wilderness*January 19-28 CBR and AKL*January 2011 Beach Club Concierge*February 2010 Coronado Springs*November 2009 CBR*February 2009 Animal Kingdom Lodge and Polynesian * April 2008 Wilderness Lodge * November 2007 Polynesian
January 2007 Wilderness Lodge * February 2004 Wilderness Lodge * April 2003 Wilderness Lodge* February 2002 Animal Kingdom Concierge * Numerous off property stays since 1976
Old 01-10-2011, 07:53 PM   #377
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJA View Post
WDWKOOK: Thank you for the great review, comments, and pictures re WL CL. We are contemplating trying it in the future. A few questions: I didn't see pictures of any oatmeal for breakfast -- did they have any? What I loved about BC CL was the fresh oatmeal and toppings plus the hard-boiled eggs.

Also, the menu picture you posted mentioned cheese and wine from 5-7. I assume there were also hot appetizers?
You're welcome, TJA.

I was thrilled that last month the WL had oatmeal and toppings such as dried cranberries, brown sugar and white raisins because in August the Atrium Club didn't. A PP mentioned that the CR only has it seasonally. Well, yesterday, I asked the WL IPO about the oatmeal and unfortunately they only have it seasonally, too. What I don't understand is why it couldn't be offered year 'round like at the Regatta Club where they had it in August. The WL (and the CR) don't have the hard boiled eggs which we also loved at the YC. But, I guess that's what the WCC is for - a hearty and hot breakfast!

I didn't post photos of the hors d'oeuvres, but every night they had two hot dishes such as beef skewers or pulled pork with buns or a hearty soup and a selection of cheeses and always Uncrustables, vegetables, two dips, and a cold salad such as potato or bean or vegetable (the details escape me).
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-11-2011, 04:02 PM   #378
DarlingDumbo

Mouseketeer

Thanks hopefully that will work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney Fan Katt View Post
I was having a very difficult time until I realized that the email on the start of the BC info page was not correct. I got the corrected email and have been conversing with them for the last week. Try this one:

Yacht.Beach.Club.Itinerary.Planning@Disneyworld.co m

That is from my last email from them.

Good luck! They have been amazing to work with already.
Old 01-11-2011, 04:03 PM   #379
roomthreeseventeen
Inaugural Dopey Challenge finisher

If anyone has stayed at GF RPC recently, is Joe still there?
AKL (marathon weekend) and ... AKL (Wine and Dine)
2013 Fort Wilderness 2014 Dopey Challenge AKL
2015 Dopey Challenge at the Beach Club!

Old 01-11-2011, 04:08 PM   #380
OhdahLolly
Mouseketeer

Ok. So in everyones own opinion, who has the best selection of things at CL and which is the worse?

Poly/2011

Old 01-11-2011, 06:13 PM   #381
Cinderumbrella
Wench

Quote:
Originally Posted by roomthreeseventeen View Post
If anyone has stayed at GF RPC recently, is Joe still there?
Joe works in the lobby now instead of RPC
The Contemporary September 2010~The Contemporary June 2010~ Grand Floridian RPC December 2009~The Contemporary June 2009~ Grand Floridian December 2008~
Pop Century May 2008~Grand Floridian August 2007~Animal Kingdom Lodge December 2006~ Port Orleans Riverside October 2005~Beach Club February 2000~
Grand Floridian August 1997

Old 01-11-2011, 06:39 PM   #382
roomthreeseventeen
Inaugural Dopey Challenge finisher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinderumbrella View Post
Joe works in the lobby now instead of RPC
Damn. Maybe he'll move back before August.
AKL (marathon weekend) and ... AKL (Wine and Dine)
2013 Fort Wilderness 2014 Dopey Challenge AKL
2015 Dopey Challenge at the Beach Club!

Old 01-11-2011, 07:02 PM   #383
CR Resort Fan 4 Life
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhdahLolly View Post
Ok. So in everyones own opinion, who has the best selection of things at CL and which is the worse?
We have stayed Club Level at the Contemporary, Boardwalk Inn, and Polynesian. Now I can't say one has the best selection and one is the worst because there are things we liked equally about them. For example we think the Contemporary had the best food items from 5:00 PM - 7:00 PM, then from 8:00 PM - 10:00 PM. We think the Boardwalk has the best breakfast offerings, best Cast Members and a great lounge. Finally we thought the Polynesian has the most tables available in the lounge since it's the biggest one we have stayed at.
Old 01-11-2011, 07:10 PM   #384
coopersmom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhdahLolly View Post
I, personally, didn't find club level even somewhat worthwhile during our December Polynesian stay, but I will add that we, and other guests, were specifically told, more than once, that club lounges at Disney are being standardized, i.e. that every lounge will offer the same things, at the same time. The Polynesian nightly chef, who was so, so nice though they don't really let him do much of anything cooking-wise, said that the two offered hot appetizers might vary from place to place, but everything else will be identical across the board by spring.

I've never been before, or at any other resort, but that's what we repeatedly heard from club level veterans, of both the Polynesian and elsewhere, that were complaining about the quality and quantity of the current offerings.
Old 01-11-2011, 07:37 PM   #385
CR Resort Fan 4 Life
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by coopersmom View Post
I, personally, didn't find club level even somewhat worthwhile during our December Polynesian stay, but I will add that we, and other guests, were specifically told, more than once, that club lounges at Disney are being standardized, i.e. that every lounge will offer the same things, at the same time. The Polynesian nightly chef, who was so, so nice though they don't really let him do much of anything cooking-wise, said that the two offered hot appetizers might vary from place to place, but everything else will be identical across the board by spring.

I've never been before, or at any other resort, but that's what we repeatedly heard from club level veterans, of both the Polynesian and elsewhere, that were complaining about the quality and quantity of the current offerings.
The only things that each Club Level lounge at the Deluxe Resorts will offer the same items is during breakfast and dessert, although there will still be some items not available at each of them. For example during breakfast the Innkeeper's Club at the Boardwalk Inn they offer Oatmeal, which is not available in the other lounges. The hot food items offered from 5:00 PM - 7:00 PM are different at every lounge because the food comes from a restaurant specific to that resort.
Old 01-11-2011, 07:56 PM   #386
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Quote:
Originally Posted by CR Resort Fan 4 Life View Post
The only things that each Club Level lounge at the Deluxe Resorts will offer the same items is during breakfast and dessert, although there will still be some items not available at each of them. For example during breakfast the Innkeeper's Club at the Boardwalk Inn they offer Oatmeal, which is not available in the other lounges. The hot food items offered from 5:00 PM - 7:00 PM are different at every lounge because the food comes from a restaurant specific to that resort.
The YC/Regatta Club had oatmeal and sliced hard boiled eggs in August, but the CR/Atrium Club and the WL/Old Faithful Club only have oatmeal in the winter and never the hard boiled eggs.

Does anyone know about oatmeal and eggs at the Kilimanjaro Club?
Old 01-11-2011, 07:59 PM   #387
CR Resort Fan 4 Life
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK View Post
The YC/Regatta Club had oatmeal and sliced hard boiled eggs in August, but the CR/Atrium Club and the WL/Old Faithful Club only have oatmeal in the winter and never the hard boiled eggs.
During my last Atrium Club stay in the winter which was December 2009 they didn't have Oatmeal like in the past, so I am not sure if they brought it back.
Old 01-11-2011, 08:31 PM   #388
lovesdumbo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK View Post
Does anyone know about oatmeal and eggs at the Kilimanjaro Club?
I've been twice-May 09 & Jan 10. Never saw eggs but had both oatmeal & quinoa both times.
Old 01-11-2011, 08:45 PM   #389
WDWKOOK

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesdumbo View Post
I've been twice-May 09 & Jan 10. Never saw eggs but had both oatmeal & quinoa both times.
That is great to read, thank you. I thought I loved oatmeal, but then you go and mention Quinoa, too! Decisions, decisions...

I'd love to read your impressions of the Kilimanjaro Club
Old 01-11-2011, 08:49 PM   #390
aprhj
Second to the right and straight on til morning

AKL Club Level

We are considering AKL CL in Jan of 2012, hopefully getting a room only discount code to make it work. When should I book the room and what should I specify? There are 2 adults and 1 child, 8 yr old, will they book us a King bed room that has a pull out sofa/chair? Last time at AKL we got the King room, but that was only because we requested to switch to an ajoining room with our friends and the King opened our 2nd day.

Also any reviews and pictures would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance!!!

1981- 1 day at MK
1988- 1 day at MK & 1 at EPCOT
1991- 1 day at MK
1998- Port Orleans then, POFQ now
2008- AKL
2009- POFQ
2012- split Value resort then AKL, I'm planning and hubby will agree by then- hubby agrees we are going!!!!!!
2013- split-1 week off site, 1 week WL CL
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: