Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 07-16-2012, 11:16 AM   #3736
Scott MC
DIS Veteran

Post #1 is done!
Old 07-16-2012, 11:24 AM   #3737
macleod1979
Mouseketeer

And do we have an ETA for Post #2?
Register to remove

Old 07-16-2012, 11:27 AM   #3738
Scott MC
DIS Veteran

Post 2 and 3 are done.
Old 07-16-2012, 11:39 AM   #3739
tiggrbaby
We must work harder to stay under the radar for this oneWe always bring our own inflatable noodle

Please add a link to the new thread when you have it ready. Thanks for doing this!

DISboards 2104 Book Challenge: 40/40
DISboards 2013 Book Challenge: 36/35
Old 07-16-2012, 11:55 AM   #3740
Scott MC
DIS Veteran

Ok...here's what I've done.

I've started a new thread and tried to organize especially the first few posts as much as I could. For the individual resort posts, I've done a lot of cutting and pasting (thanks so much to those who've gone before me doing this!). I know some of the links are outdated, but I will work on those today and over the next few days to get them polished up and totally updated. I'll also try to add pictures, though I only have personal ones from a few of the club lounges. I have to run for a quick lunch date now, but the framework is up and will be edited over the next few days, so y'all can start posting.

Here's the link.... http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2959196

Is it time to say it? Moderators...I think you can close this thread!
Old 07-16-2012, 01:49 PM   #3741
Patricksp
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by hstrickland View Post
Good Morning

Just wanted to post links to our AKL CL review...awesome place!!!

If you have any questions, I'll be happy to try and answer!

Hope everyone has a great weekend
Heather
Thanks to your fine trip report we booked at AKL CL.

I was surprised at how the price was very reasonable as compared to the other resorts and even AKL savanna views was only about 100 dollars more. We already booked the safari, I have heard nothing bad about it.
Old 07-16-2012, 05:17 PM   #3742
Angel16
Member of the 'Jambo! WildBunch'
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeynut1 View Post
Thank you for your input . I have heard nothing but great things about AKL CL, which is one reason I want to give it a try. AKL is a beautiful resort and we always eat at Boma at least once each trip, so it would actually work out perfect to stay there for a few nights to kick off our trip .

I've read reports about the GF closing restaurants and Gasparilla's for refurb sometime this fall/winter, although I can't recall the specific dates. We are trying Poly CL after our cruise next year, so that should be a nice treat staying there after a refurb and trying CL there for the first time .

Thank you Mickeynut for the info on GF restaurants. I have to do some research on the GF thread to see when they think this will happen.

The BC lounge being so small is one reason we hesitate to spend the money and try it (and I'm worried YC is the same way ). With that said, I feel the same way about a regular room vs CL at the GF (for SL). I didn't care for SL as the lounge is in the lobby right as you walk into the SL building and it was always chaotic with not enough seating to accommodate everyone staying there. I would choose a regular GV over SL for the same reason(s) as you suggest that here for the BC
I felt the same about Sugarloaf CL lounge. It is very small and being right as you walk into the building really makes it seem extra busy. The food offerings were very nice, however not being able to find a place to sit on all four of our mornings there (we are not rope drop people or late to breakfast types) really was disappointing. Also, the CM's working the desks during our stay seemed quite aloof. I guess I just expected more for Disney's flag ship resort. at their prices. I have heard GF RPC is exceptional, perhaps one day we will be able to work it into the budge.

Quote:
Originally Posted by psac View Post
The walk from the Beach Club to Epcot is insanely short, especially if you exit by the quiet pool, or even better, by the "secret" exit near room 1501. Maybe a slightly longer walk than the quiet pool exit, but the 1501 exit gives you more hallway time, and therefore more A/C time, than the quiet pool exit!
Thanks for the great information on the secret exit, we will be sure to find it with your instructions. It certainly is nice to have more A/C time as well as cover when it doing a Florida storm.

Ann
Old 07-21-2012, 08:51 PM   #3743
turningleaf
Mouseketeer

BWI peanut butter jelly rolls

Hello, I am looking for a photo of the peanut butter and jelly rolls they serve at BW CL. Thanks.
Old 07-21-2012, 09:06 PM   #3744
BC1836
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by turningleaf View Post
Hello, I am looking for a photo of the peanut butter and jelly rolls they serve at BW CL. Thanks.
Ah...next to Victoria & Albert's creme brulee, the Innkeeper's Club's peanut butter & raspberry sliced roll-ups with powdered sugar are the best dessert items in all of WDW...at least according to these tastebuds.

All the best.
The 20th Century...'74-'00 (23 visits): Multiple stays at the Contemporary, Golf Resort, Old Key West, Port Orleans, Polynesian, Dixie Landings, Grand Floridian, offsite locations + one Disneyland trip.

The 21st Century (40 visits): '01: Yacht Club.....'02: Animal Kingdom Lodge & Grand Floridian.....'03: Wilderness Lodge & Grand Floridian.....'04: Grand Floridian.....'05: Beach Club & Grand Floridian.....'06: (May) Grand Floridian; (Oct.) Beach Club.....'07: (March) Polynesian & Grand Floridian; (Oct.) Beach Club; (Dec.) Coronado Springs & Grand Floridian; '08: (March) Port Orleans Riverside & Polynesian; (May-June) Grand Floridian; (June) Paradise Pier @ Disneyland; (Oct.) Beach Club; (Dec.) Beach Club; '09 (March) Grand Floridian; (June) Grand Floridian; (Oct.) Grand Floridian; (Dec.) Grand Floridian; '10 (March) Grand Floridian; (May-June) Grand Floridian; (Aug.) Grand Floridian; (Oct.) Boardwalk: Garden Suites; (Dec.) Grand Floridian....'11 (April) Grand Floridian; (June) Grand Floridian; (Oct.) Boardwalk: Garden Suites; (Dec.) Grand Floridian....'12 (March-April) Grand Floridian: Presidential Suite; (May) Grand Californian @ Disneyland; (Aug.) Grand Floridian; (Oct.) Boardwalk: Garden Suites; (Dec.) Grand Floridian...'13 (April) Grand Floridian; (Aug.) Grand Floridian: Roy Disney Suite; (Oct.) Boardwalk; (Dec.) Beach Club & Grand Floridian...'14 (April) Grand Floridian: Roy Disney Suite...(Aug.) Grand Floridian; (Oct.) Boardwalk
Old 08-09-2012, 11:41 AM   #3745
CanadianGuy

Me and My Posse doing our New Kids on the Block moves at PI

DISboards Moderator

Thread continues here:

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2959196

06/1995 - All Star Music | 11/1998 - Wilderness Lodge | 10/1999 - Disneyland
06/2006 - Pop Century | 03/2007 - Pop Century | 06/2007 - Coronado Springs
12/2007 - All Star Sports | 06/2008 - Pop Century | 09/2008 - All Star Sports
06/2010 - Swan | 06/2012 - Dolphin | 01/2013 - All Star Sports

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread