Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 06-18-2012, 05:02 PM   #3616
DisneyChristmas
Mouseketeer since '55

Yes, we've had that happen as well. Once at the Poly we just walked out to the Hawaii building and knocked on the glass to be let in rather than stand in a long line in the lobby. All well and good if you know what you're supposed to be getting. For someone who's staying CL for the first time. it would be wonderful to get the CL checkin perk right away.
Old 06-19-2012, 12:59 PM   #3617
bdklein
DIS Veteran

To Go?

I have a question about both CL's at the GF (or I guess any CL). Is it ok to take food, drink, alcohol, etc. out of the lounge? I'm not looking to be piggish, like I'm raiding a breakfast buffet to feed my family for the day. But can we take some bottles of water and/or wine/beer and/or snacks out to the pool or our room? And water and/or non-alcohol drinks and/or snacks to the theme parks?

This will be our first time doing CL. Thanks in advance for any help.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-20-2012, 01:49 AM   #3618
DisneyChristmas
Mouseketeer since '55

Yes, for sure. We always take snacks to the room in the evening. And drinks to put in the frig. In the mornings we often pack breakfast snacks in my camera bag before heading to the parks. And we take water and soda from the lounge to the pools.
Old 06-20-2012, 09:29 AM   #3619
MartyM
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MartyM View Post
I have the same question regarding the F&W Events like the Chef's Tables, Demos etc.

I received an email from the WL IPO who stated that YES! the IPO will make F&W event reservations for guests!

1988-Polynesian
1997-All Star Music (UCA Cheer Championships)
1998-All Star Sports (UCA Cheer Championships)
2011-Polynesian
2012-Wilderness Lodge Girls' Weekend
2012-Coronado Springs Girls' Weekend
2012-Wilderness Lodge CL
2013-WDW Marathon Weekend AS Sports
2013-Boardwalk Cottage & Christmas Lights! (upcoming)
Old 06-20-2012, 10:08 AM   #3620
WsPrincess
DIS Veteran

Just returned from BC CL and I have to admit I was disappointed We stayed in the Atrium Club last year and we loved it. The staff was so amazing and welcoming and just made the trip magical.

BC CL staff was just OK. The entire experience was just underwhelming. Everyone was friendly and nice but nothing special. We did get beautiful birthday buttons made by Neil for the kids which were super nice but I know if this was our first CL stay we would not spend the money again. No one was welcoming when we got back from the parks (just a quick HI). I did not like the lounge closing an hour at a time several times a day (something that I do not think happened at CR and if it did, it was not an issue since the fridge was at the entrance and there are no doors). We were more welcomed by the front lobby staff and it was just disappointing. I don't know if it was because the CR staff really did something out of the ordinary with us last year so our expectations were too high or if we just always were around at BC at the wrong time. I don't know. The area of CL seems small, and not just the lounge, even the entrance area where the desks are.

Sorry to be the downer--We had an amazing trip though and did not let this get us down.
Old 06-20-2012, 12:25 PM   #3621
Doofenshmirtz513
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by WsPrincess View Post
Just returned from BC CL and I have to admit I was disappointed
Sorry to hear that, particularly as we will be in BC CL in early August after having been at CR CL last year where we had similar tremendous experiences with the CL staff.

On an entirely different note, does anyone know if the CL staff can handle an AP voucher? I'm purchasing an AP voucher (stupid price increase) that I will have with me. My room is under the AP rate, so I know I need to present an AP at check-in. My question is if I can do this all at the same time as part of CL check-in - that is, can I give the CL CM my AP voucher to get my AP, then check-in using that AP to verify my AP rate?

Sorry that's a bit complicated, but I haven't been able to find the answer to such a specific question elsewhere.

Grand Floridian ('14)
Disney Fantasy ('13, '15)
Wilderness Lodge ('12)
Beach Club ('09, '10, '12)
Contemporary ('85, '11)
All-Star Music ('98)
Offsite ('89, '97, '99)
Old 06-20-2012, 12:29 PM   #3622
disneydreamin247
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doofenshmirtz513 View Post
Sorry to hear that, particularly as we will be in BC CL in early August after having been at CR CL last year where we had similar tremendous experiences with the CL staff.

On an entirely different note, does anyone know if the CL staff can handle an AP voucher? I'm purchasing an AP voucher (stupid price increase) that I will have with me. My room is under the AP rate, so I know I need to present an AP at check-in. My question is if I can do this all at the same time as part of CL check-in - that is, can I give the CL CM my AP voucher to get my AP, then check-in using that AP to verify my AP rate?

Sorry that's a bit complicated, but I haven't been able to find the answer to such a specific question elsewhere.
I have to say, in all if the times I've booked AP rates I've never once been asked to furnish a valid AP at check-in and I've stayed at values, mods, and deluxes, CL and not.
Old 06-20-2012, 12:41 PM   #3623
jcondrad
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doofenshmirtz513 View Post

I would e-mail IPO and see what they have to say about it..

We are going to be doing the same thing in Dec at BC CL and from my research it appears that resort concierges cannot activate a voucher but they can issue a new AP. You would have to visit guest services (probably the International Gateway at Epcot would be closest to BC) to get it activated. Some people are told they need an activated AP at check-in, others have said the voucher was acceptable, and others have said they had to return later that day/next day with the activated one for proof to get the discount.

I think it really depends on the CM you get.

Old 06-20-2012, 01:11 PM   #3624
Doofenshmirtz513
Mouseketeer

The main reason for my concern is that we want to roll into the resort relatively quickly, unload, get our KTTW cards with the dining plan credits, then head out to a late lunch where we intend to use the credits. Squeezing in a stop somewhere with a true guest services outpost starts to cramp the timeline. Maybe if I get in touch with IPO they can reassure me. If they will just let me show up with the AP later in the day, I'll be all set.

As a related follow-up, can CL CMs do a TIW card, or does that come from guest services, too?

Grand Floridian ('14)
Disney Fantasy ('13, '15)
Wilderness Lodge ('12)
Beach Club ('09, '10, '12)
Contemporary ('85, '11)
All-Star Music ('98)
Offsite ('89, '97, '99)
Old 06-20-2012, 01:18 PM   #3625
abk96
Remember the true heroes, our police, firefighters, and the brave men and women in the military. Thank you for keeping us safe.

Quote:
Just returned from BC CL and I have to admit I was disappointed We stayed in the Atrium Club last year and we loved it. The staff was so amazing and welcoming and just made the trip magical.

BC CL staff was just OK. The entire experience was just underwhelming. Everyone was friendly and nice but nothing special. We did get beautiful birthday buttons made by Neil for the kids which were super nice but I know if this was our first CL stay we would not spend the money again. No one was welcoming when we got back from the parks (just a quick HI). I did not like the lounge closing an hour at a time several times a day (something that I do not think happened at CR and if it did, it was not an issue since the fridge was at the entrance and there are no doors). We were more welcomed by the front lobby staff and it was just disappointing. I don't know if it was because the CR staff really did something out of the ordinary with us last year so our expectations were too high or if we just always were around at BC at the wrong time. I don't know. The area of CL seems small, and not just the lounge, even the entrance area where the desks are.

Sorry to be the downer--We had an amazing trip though and did not let this get us down.
I'm sorry you had a not so great experience.

We just returned from BC CL also and we had a terrific trip. We were upgraded so I'm not sure if that had something to do with the way we felt, but I am hooked now.

We always received a warm welcome back when we returned to the floor unless they were checking someone in of course.

The lounge was great and I did notice that the doors would be closed for an hour here and an hour there, but it didn't bother me. I made sure we had drinks in our fridge and snacks if we need them.
July'09 BWV--June'12 BC-CL--July/Aug'13 BWI-CL--July/Aug'14 GF-SL and BWI--Feb'15 Sports

Old 06-20-2012, 03:36 PM   #3626
lbv7
Mouseketeer

Quote:

Agree with your comments that compared to other club levels the BC is just "ok". The room was nice, the hotel was nice, and the food offerings were on par with other club levels I have stayed at, but the lounge is just too small for the number of people trying to use it. Also, I am not sure what their logic is for closing the doors and then opening them at 5. Sort of reminded me of the rope drop at Epcot, when everyone runs to Soarin - in this case it was a mad dash to get a seat at the limited number of tables that were available.
Old 06-21-2012, 10:20 AM   #3627
PolyndianPrincessJes
Alias: TotalSnowWhite
I'm a Snapfish/Shutterfly/Winkflash addict
Yes, you totally can do that, and I do!!!

Quote:

I have to agree with you. We were there at the beginning of the month/end of last month. We weren't disappointed, but it was just an ok experience. Our past CL experiences definitely surpassed this one. We thought the staff was very nice and often stopped to chat for a bit (and also had Neil-made buttons , as well as a "visit" from Tink in place of the tooth fairy for a lost tooth arranged by him), but the overall CL experience at BC wasn't on par with our other stays. May or may not stay CL again there (we LOVE BC!!), but you never know until you try.
Old 06-21-2012, 01:18 PM   #3628
DisneyMomx7
DIS Veteran

I'm suprised at the posters who were underwhelmed at BC CL.

We enjoyed our BC CL stays even more than when we stayed GF RPC!

The cms were always welcoming and friendly. Lounge offerings were very nice and replenished often. Now they did shut down for cleaning and then reopening but the drinks were available even late at night after the lounge had closed.

Of course we are just happy to have cms who are both efficient and friendly. We never felt the need to be over pampered or fawned all over.

GF-2003,2004,2005,2006,2008,2009,2011,2013,2014
YC-2006,2007,2008,2014 POLY- 2006,2007,2008
BC-2008,2009,2010,2011,2012,2013
HRH-2004,2006, RPR-2012, 2014
Old 06-21-2012, 03:55 PM   #3629
mana'olana
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Oh man, that scares me. We are staying BCCL in a month. We've stayed Poly CL and liked it a lot. I hope it's not completely terrible and a waste of money. Oh well, try everything once, right?

Oct '97 ASM Honeymoon Dec '05 AKL Baby Girl's 1st Trip Sep '06 Poly Concierge Aug '07 Contemporary Pirate & Princess Party Oct '09 POR July '12 Beach Club Mar '13 CBR Mar '14 Cruisin'
Old 06-21-2012, 05:03 PM   #3630
DisneyMomx7
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mana'olana View Post
Oh man, that scares me. We are staying BCCL in a month. We've stayed Poly CL and liked it a lot. I hope it's not completely terrible and a waste of money. Oh well, try everything once, right?
We liked BC CL better than GF RPC.
Everyone has different likes or dislikes. Don't judge by what anyone else says (including me)! Some people love BC CL, some hate CR CL, some love the Poly CL, some hate GF SL - it's different for each person.

GF-2003,2004,2005,2006,2008,2009,2011,2013,2014
YC-2006,2007,2008,2014 POLY- 2006,2007,2008
BC-2008,2009,2010,2011,2012,2013
HRH-2004,2006, RPR-2012, 2014
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: