Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 06-17-2012, 09:06 AM   #3601
disneydreamin247
DIS Veteran
 
disneydreamin247's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: staten island
Posts: 5,734

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gorechick View Post
Are there theme park view rooms at Poly club level?
Yes, there are all 3 views in CL.
__________________
Dani DS DD
disneydreamin247 is offline  
Old 06-17-2012, 10:56 AM   #3602
athenna
DIS Veteran

I've been waiting a long time for a new, really, cool tag..., but I was hit by a drive by tagging instead!
 
athenna's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: On board w/Captain Turner
Posts: 5,463

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sue M View Post
Thanks! We're really excited....Now I've just got to hope that AKL is a rundisney host resort again this year for Princess Half marathon or I'm taking a cab @ 3am alone
__________________

I got engaged 1/24/10 in Epcot
athenna is offline  
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 06-17-2012, 11:48 AM   #3603
psac
DIS Veteran
 
psac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Staten Island, NY
Posts: 2,183

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoolPool View Post
We are staying AKL CL in August. Per the Disney website in the reservations section, there is wording to the effect that all Kilimanjaro Club rooms have a savannah view. On the Disboards thread about AKL CL its says the rooms come with either a pool or a savannah view. I wonder if anyone here could clarify this...

Is there a resort map that shows where the CL rooms are?

Also if anyone has a picture of their view from AKL CL (Jambo) I'd love to see.

Thanks so much.
The regular cash club rooms at AKL are all Savannah view. The non-view rooms were converted into DVC studios. Enjoy!
__________________
“It's kind of fun to do the impossible.” - Walt Disney
Upcoming DCL Fantasy/BLT Oct'14, BWV Dec'14
Past AKL-K Apr'14, BWV Nov'13, VWL/DCL Fantasy Sep'13, Poly CL Jul'13, AKL CL Apr'13, BWV Nov'12, BC CL Jun'12, BLT Apr'12, BWV Nov'11, CR Jul'11, BWI CL Nov'10, GF CL Apr'10, GF Apr'09, Omni Champ. Apr'07, POR Oct '03
psac is offline  
Old 06-17-2012, 10:50 PM   #3604
MiloMouse
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 27

Beer at Poly

Staying at Poly Club level in December... can anyone tell me if beer is stocked and available during the evening hours or if you have to request it every time from the staff? I have seen it stated both ways..
__________________

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
MiloMouse is offline  
Old 06-17-2012, 10:51 PM   #3605
disneydreamin247
DIS Veteran
 
disneydreamin247's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: staten island
Posts: 5,734

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiloMouse View Post
Staying at Poly Club level in December... can anyone tell me if beer is stocked and available during the evening hours or if you have to request it every time from the staff? I have seen it stated both ways..
During the afternoon you have to ask for it. During the evening it is stocked in an ice chest on the counter.
__________________
Dani DS DD
disneydreamin247 is offline  
Old 06-17-2012, 10:57 PM   #3606
MiloMouse
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneydreamin247 View Post
During the afternoon you have to ask for it. During the evening it is stocked in an ice chest on the counter.
Thanks!!
__________________

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
MiloMouse is offline  
Old 06-17-2012, 11:05 PM   #3607
MartyM
Mouseketeer
 
MartyM's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 349

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwynne View Post
Any thoughts/advice on the IPO booking the Party for the Senses, or is it better to just wait on the phone myself?

Thanks for any and all advice.
I have the same question regarding the F&W Events like the Chef's Tables, Demos etc.
__________________


1988-Polynesian
1997-All Star Music (UCA Cheer Championships)
1998-All Star Sports (UCA Cheer Championships)
2011-Polynesian
2012-Wilderness Lodge Girls' Weekend
2012-Coronado Springs Girls' Weekend
2012-Wilderness Lodge CL
2013-WDW Marathon Weekend AS Sports
2013-Boardwalk Cottage & Christmas Lights! (upcoming)
MartyM is offline  
Old 06-18-2012, 06:38 AM   #3608
CoolPool
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 1,167

Quote:
Originally Posted by psac View Post
The regular cash club rooms at AKL are all Savannah view. The non-view rooms were converted into DVC studios. Enjoy!
Thank you so much for the clarity! I do appreciate it!
CoolPool is offline  
Old 06-18-2012, 06:48 AM   #3609
bluejasmine
DIS Veteran
 
bluejasmine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Charleston SC
Posts: 7,734

Wanted to report on using online check in when staying CL

It was amazing!

Pulled up fri morning to GF guard never said welcome home or asked to see ID just remarked on how early we were (730am)

Pulled up and curbside emptied trunk and valet took keys and curbside apologized that they weren't notified that we were CL and called the guard shack to explain it needed to be announced while we walked into the main building

Someone was sent to the conceirge desk from there who walked us to SL and straight to our room 6317 it had a beautiful marina view!

I signed one piece of paper and she handed over my packet on the GF and we called bell services to bring up luggage and then had breakfast in the lounge.

Even made it to park opening!!

Lounge was busy but we were always able to find a table!
I absolutely fell in love with GF!!

Sept I'll be able to report on BC CL
__________________
ASMo 2003/2005, ASMu 2009,Pop 2006/2013, SSR 2008, Poly CL 2010/2011/2013, GF CL 2012, AKL 2011, CR 2011, BC CL 2012, POR 2005/2012, CBR 2011, DCL Fantasy 2012, Hilton DTD 2011(2x) Best Western DTD 2010/2012


Last edited by bluejasmine; 06-18-2012 at 07:07 AM.
bluejasmine is offline  
Old 06-18-2012, 06:53 AM   #3610
disneydreamin247
DIS Veteran
 
disneydreamin247's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: staten island
Posts: 5,734

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluejasmine View Post
Wanted to report on using online check in when staying CL

It was amazing!

Pulled up fri morning to GF guard never said welcome home or asked to see ID just remarked on how early we were (730am)

Pulled up and curbside emptied trunk and valet took keys and curbside apologized that they weren't notified that we were CL and called the guard shack to explain it needed to be announced while we walked into the main building

Someone was sent to the conceirge desk from there who walked us to SL and straight to our room 6317 it had a beautiful marina view!

I signed one piece of paper and she handed over my packet on the GF and we called bell services to bring up luggage and then had breakfast in the lounge.

Even made it to park opening!!

Lounge was busy but we were always able to find a table!
I absolutely fell in livid with GF!!

Sept I'll be able to report on BC CL
I had the same check-in experience at the Grand without using online check-in. I wonder if that's just standard practice?
__________________
Dani DS DD
disneydreamin247 is offline  
Old 06-18-2012, 07:08 AM   #3611
bluejasmine
DIS Veteran
 
bluejasmine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Charleston SC
Posts: 7,734

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneydreamin247 View Post
I had the same check-in experience at the Grand without using online check-in. I wonder if that's just standard practice?
Im hearing it is, altho we were told there was a good chance our room wouldnt be ready since we were checking in so early so it was a big relief that it was ready
__________________
ASMo 2003/2005, ASMu 2009,Pop 2006/2013, SSR 2008, Poly CL 2010/2011/2013, GF CL 2012, AKL 2011, CR 2011, BC CL 2012, POR 2005/2012, CBR 2011, DCL Fantasy 2012, Hilton DTD 2011(2x) Best Western DTD 2010/2012

bluejasmine is offline  
Old 06-18-2012, 07:12 AM   #3612
bluejasmine
DIS Veteran
 
bluejasmine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Charleston SC
Posts: 7,734

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gorechick View Post
Are there theme park view rooms at Poly club level?
Yes and its amazing! Best view in WDW IMHO! I was on our balcony with coffee first thing in the morning to watch the sunrise over the castle.

Watched Wishes from our balcony, music was piped in totally amazing!
__________________
ASMo 2003/2005, ASMu 2009,Pop 2006/2013, SSR 2008, Poly CL 2010/2011/2013, GF CL 2012, AKL 2011, CR 2011, BC CL 2012, POR 2005/2012, CBR 2011, DCL Fantasy 2012, Hilton DTD 2011(2x) Best Western DTD 2010/2012

bluejasmine is offline  
Old 06-18-2012, 11:55 AM   #3613
disneydreamin247
DIS Veteran
 
disneydreamin247's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: staten island
Posts: 5,734

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluejasmine View Post
Im hearing it is, altho we were told there was a good chance our room wouldnt be ready since we were checking in so early so it was a big relief that it was ready
I can imagine! I know when my room isn't ready at 11 I want to cry from exhaustion.
__________________
Dani DS DD
disneydreamin247 is offline  
Old 06-18-2012, 01:26 PM   #3614
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran
 
Mousemommy1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: NH
Posts: 10,350

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneydreamin247 View Post
I had the same check-in experience at the Grand without using online check-in. I wonder if that's just standard practice?
I think this just solidifies that whether you do on-line check in or not, you get the same experience....which means....only 17 days till on-line check in !!!!!!
__________________
(DH) (ME) (DD9) (DD7)



PAST TRIPS:
JUL 1985 OFFSITE • JUL 1989 OFFSITE • MAR 2000 ASMO • SEP 2000 ASMU • SEP 2002 ASSP • NOV 2009 POP • FEB 2011 CBR • JUL 2012 WL CL • APR 2013 YC CL • SEP 2013 POFQ
Mousemommy1 is offline  
Old 06-18-2012, 03:57 PM   #3615
mirage0306
DIS Veteran
 
mirage0306's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Santa Fe, NM
Posts: 1,097

We didn't do online check in at the BWI, and also didn't check in until close to 7 pm (we were switching resorts), but it was a breeze.

The only odd thing was we walked into the resort and I asked bell services where we check in for CL and he kind of just pointed to the regular check in area. I had to tell him that no, CL guests are supposed to be escorted up to the 4th floor to be checked in there by a CL CM. We did have someone bring us up, but I felt pretty embarrassed.

But then we got upstairs and Pete checked us in and everything was fine!
__________________
Me, DH, DS (10) and DS (7)

Wilderness Lodge: June 2011
Caribbean Beach/Boardwalk Inn CL/Animal Kingdom Lodge: June 2012
Poly CL/Animal Kingdom Lodge CL: July 2013
Candy Cane Inn (DLR): December 2013


This trip report is useless without pictures: A July 2013 Poly CL/AKL CL adventure <---- READ ME! IT'LL BE FUN!
my first trip report bit the dust
mirage0306 is offline  
Closed Thread



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:30 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.