Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 01-01-2011, 07:17 PM   #346
jackemail
DIS Veteran
 
jackemail's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Memphis
Posts: 1,871

CR Fan Who Loves BWI equally-- very glad you ended up with the deluxe room. I love the extra room in there, and you cannot beat the view. It's always good to know that you will definitely have the boardwalk view!

Glad you also got to use the room only offer. I can never ever use it because, when I take the grandkids, I have to wait until their school calendar is set and I can see what dates we can go.
__________________
Alzheimer's.....the "long good-bye"
jackemail is offline  
Old 01-01-2011, 10:56 PM   #347
CR Resort Fan 4 Life
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Posts: 39,674

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackemail View Post
CR Fan Who Loves BWI equally-- very glad you ended up with the deluxe room. I love the extra room in there, and you cannot beat the view. It's always good to know that you will definitely have the boardwalk view!

Glad you also got to use the room only offer. I can never ever use it because, when I take the grandkids, I have to wait until their school calendar is set and I can see what dates we can go.
We were originally going to wait until this Monday to change our reservation since that's when booking with the promotion was going to start. However I read of others calling and being able to do it now, so we figured why wait and we were lucky enough to get it done a lot faster.
CR Resort Fan 4 Life is offline  
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 01-02-2011, 07:03 AM   #348
britfish
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 1,235

Just booked 2 nights at CR CL!! A dream come true! We are going to do 7nights free dining at CBR and then switch to CR for our last two nights. I can't believe how much I am paying for those two nights even with the discount code but I am so excited to be going!
britfish is offline  
Old 01-02-2011, 01:50 PM   #349
CR Resort Fan 4 Life
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Posts: 39,674

Quote:
Originally Posted by britfish View Post
Just booked 2 nights at CR CL!! A dream come true! We are going to do 7nights free dining at CBR and then switch to CR for our last two nights. I can't believe how much I am paying for those two nights even with the discount code but I am so excited to be going!
I hope you have a great time.
CR Resort Fan 4 Life is offline  
Old 01-02-2011, 02:58 PM   #350
lovesdumbo
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 12,982

Quote:
Originally Posted by CR Resort Fan 4 Life View Post
Because of WDW's brand new room only offer we switched our Standard Club Level Room reservation at the Boardwalk for this August to a Deluxe Club Level Room, which is 35% the rack rate. Originally we were scheduled to be there from August 8 - August 22, however we are now there from August 17 - August 31, since the discounted rate starts on the 16th. Anyway I am very excited about it since this will be our 2nd time staying in a Deluxe Room, plus the fact we know we will be getting the Boardwalk view. We requested a room on the 4th floor since that is where the lounge is, however if we get one on the 3rd floor I won't mind since the balconies are a lot bigger. So either way we can't go wrong.
Congrats on booking!

I'm thinking of a family trip around the same time but we might do a 1BR at AKL Kidani instead. I would love the washser/dryer in the summer and extra room and extra bathroom. BUT...not sure I want to give up CL convenience and BW location. DH keeps saying he doesn't want to stay in a villa but I think he would enjoy it...but he also enjoys CL service. A 1BR savanna view would be about $35 more than BWI standard CL and about $55 cheaper than deluxe CL. As much as I would love a deluxe CL room I just don't think I can justify the extra $90/night.

And....I also know DH really wants to try vacationing somewhere else.
__________________
lovesdumbo is offline  
Old 01-02-2011, 09:59 PM   #351
Cinderumbrella
Wench
 
Cinderumbrella's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Home of the 2013 Stanley Cup Champs!
Posts: 10,302

CR Fan- I see you have another BWI tripped booked!!

We had a FABULOUS stay at BWI CL in early November. Lorenzo and Anita are top notch and so much fun to chat with. We did get our 4th floor Deluxe room and I was blown away by the size (pictures just don't do it justice) We have stayed lodge tower at the GF before and the BWI deluxe rooms are MUCH bigger. We did think the food offerings in the evening at GF RPC had more offerings, but I still prefer BWI overall.

That being said, I just can't handle sharing a bus with 2 other resorts (and sometimes all 5 share one), so we are booked at the BC for June. Plus, as nice as the Luna pool was, we had the chance to swim at SAB in the early part of our trip as Luna finished its refurbishment and SAB is the ONLY pool we want to swim in during the summer months!

As of now, we are booked non CL at the BC, but I am thinking about upgrading to CL either there or YC. (The #1 reason for considering YC at all is since they board the buses first when going to MK).

I read that the nondeluxe CL rooms at the BC are on the same floor as the lounge. Is this also the case at YC? How is the service at both? I fear we are spoiled for life by the BWI CM's so any CL will have tough standards to meet after them!

Any suggestions/opinions anyone can offer are greatly appreciated.
__________________
Next Trip ~ Grand Wailea Maui ~ November 2014
Yacht Club November 2013~ Pop Century~September 2013~Port Orleans Riverside Royal & Yacht Club Regatta Club June 2013~Pop Century August 2012~
Yacht Club Regatta Club June 2012~Beach Club Stone Harbor Club November 2011~Yacht Club Regatta Club June 2011~Boardwalk Innkeepers Club November 2010~
The Contemporary September 2010~The Contemporary June 2010~ Grand Floridian RPC December 2009~The Contemporary June 2009~ Grand Floridian December 2008~
Pop Century May 2008~Grand Floridian August 2007~Animal Kingdom Lodge December 2006~ Port Orleans Riverside October 2005~Beach Club February 2000~
Grand Floridian August 1997

Cinderumbrella is offline  
Old 01-02-2011, 10:09 PM   #352
CR Resort Fan 4 Life
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Posts: 39,674

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinderumbrella View Post
CR Fan- I see you have another BWI tripped booked!!

We had a FABULOUS stay at BWI CL in early November. Lorenzo and Anita are top notch and so much fun to chat with. We did get our 4th floor Deluxe room and I was blown away by the size (pictures just don't do it justice) We have stayed lodge tower at the GF before and the BWI deluxe rooms are MUCH bigger. We did think the food offerings in the evening at GF RPC had more offerings, but I still prefer BWI overall.
Lorenzo, Antia, JJ, Jackie and everyone else is top notch, so their great service is one of the main reasons why we enjoy staying there.

Personally we liked the food offerings from 5:00 PM - 7:00 PM and the desserts from 8:00 PM - 10:00 PM a bit better at the Contemporary, although not by much. However we thought the Boardwalk has a better selection for breakfast.
CR Resort Fan 4 Life is offline  
Old 01-02-2011, 10:14 PM   #353
Cinderumbrella
Wench
 
Cinderumbrella's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Home of the 2013 Stanley Cup Champs!
Posts: 10,302

Quote:
Originally Posted by CR Resort Fan 4 Life View Post
Lorenzo, Antia, JJ, Jackie and everyone else is top notch, so their great service is one of the main reasons why we enjoy staying there.

Personally we liked the food offerings from 5:00 PM - 7:00 PM and the desserts from 8:00 PM - 10:00 PM a bit better at the Contemporary, although not by much. However we thought the Boardwalk has a better selection for breakfast.
ITA, especially since it seemed to rotate daily. My DH, however, really missed the cold cuts that they have out for breakfast at RPC.

I liked the midday offerings as well (I can still taste those yummy potato chips!!!) But I thought it was strange that the beverage were in a bucket and not in a fridge. Call my crazy, but I want my Diet Coke ICE COLD and it rarely was if you grabbed right from the bucket. (Problem was overted by grabbing a few cans and placing them in my ice cold room fridge )

Also, I forgot to post earlier, I thought the staff was great at keeping the offerings refilled. There were a couple of mornings where we would stumble in 20 minutes before the end of breakfast, and they were still setting out fresh foods. Ditto for the twilight dessert hour.
__________________
Next Trip ~ Grand Wailea Maui ~ November 2014
Yacht Club November 2013~ Pop Century~September 2013~Port Orleans Riverside Royal & Yacht Club Regatta Club June 2013~Pop Century August 2012~
Yacht Club Regatta Club June 2012~Beach Club Stone Harbor Club November 2011~Yacht Club Regatta Club June 2011~Boardwalk Innkeepers Club November 2010~
The Contemporary September 2010~The Contemporary June 2010~ Grand Floridian RPC December 2009~The Contemporary June 2009~ Grand Floridian December 2008~
Pop Century May 2008~Grand Floridian August 2007~Animal Kingdom Lodge December 2006~ Port Orleans Riverside October 2005~Beach Club February 2000~
Grand Floridian August 1997

Cinderumbrella is offline  
Old 01-02-2011, 10:23 PM   #354
lovesdumbo
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 12,982

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinderumbrella View Post
ITA, especially since it seemed to rotate daily. My DH, however, really missed the cold cuts that they have out for breakfast at RPC.

I liked the midday offerings as well (I can still taste those yummy potato chips!!!) But I thought it was strange that the beverage were in a bucket and not in a fridge. Call my crazy, but I want my Diet Coke ICE COLD and it rarely was if you grabbed right from the bucket. (Problem was overted by grabbing a few cans and placing them in my ice cold room fridge )

Also, I forgot to post earlier, I thought the staff was great at keeping the offerings refilled. There were a couple of mornings where we would stumble in 20 minutes before the end of breakfast, and they were still setting out fresh foods. Ditto for the twilight dessert hour.
Love the BWI CL breakfast variety.

My beverage "issue" was that they don't have room to leave the ice tea out after the afternoon snacks. I'm pretty sure it is out until late at night at AKL & Poly but they just don't have the room at BWI CL.
__________________
lovesdumbo is offline  
Old 01-02-2011, 10:25 PM   #355
CR Resort Fan 4 Life
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Posts: 39,674

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinderumbrella View Post
ITA, especially since it seemed to rotate daily. My DH, however, really missed the cold cuts that they have out for breakfast at RPC.

I liked the midday offerings as well (I can still taste those yummy potato chips!!!) But I thought it was strange that the beverage were in a bucket and not in a fridge. Call my crazy, but I want my Diet Coke ICE COLD and it rarely was if you grabbed right from the bucket. (Problem was overted by grabbing a few cans and placing them in my ice cold room fridge )

Also, I forgot to post earlier, I thought the staff was great at keeping the offerings refilled. There were a couple of mornings where we would stumble in 20 minutes before the end of breakfast, and they were still setting out fresh foods. Ditto for the twilight dessert hour.
Those chips did taste great and I also know they are offered with meals at Gasparilla's Grill & Games at the Grand Floridian and the Contempo Cafe at the Contemporary.

I didn't mind that they don't have a fridge to keep the drinks and there was always a bucket of ice to put into a glass with the drinks. I am not even sure they would have room for a fridge.

Finally they were still replacing the food items right until it was time to take them away, so at least they kept up with that.
CR Resort Fan 4 Life is offline  
Old 01-02-2011, 11:55 PM   #356
baler31
DIS Veteran
 
baler31's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 1,842

Quote:
Originally Posted by CR Resort Fan 4 Life View Post
We were originally going to wait until this Monday to change our reservation since that's when booking with the promotion was going to start. However I read of others calling and being able to do it now, so we figured why wait and we were lucky enough to get it done a lot faster.
You will really enjoy the extra space, my DH will only stay in these at BWI or GF now. We enjoy the food at the Innkeepers Club but RPC at GF is still better for us food wise. We prefer both to CR food offerings but CR still hold a very special place in my heart. I love the feeling of being in MK that I get while staying there.

We booked a Deluxe CL room BWI for Star Wars weekend in June and will split the stay with GF RPC trying to make everyone in the family happy.

Your August trip is a great length wish we were able to stay that long, eight nights is usually our limit for being away from the office and the kids activities.
__________________
Nihil nisi bonum
baler31 is offline  
Old 01-03-2011, 01:38 AM   #357
gretchenohar@hotmail


DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Western New York
Posts: 3,121

Quote:
Originally Posted by coopersmom View Post
Recently returned from Polynesian, stayed club level, and to say I was not impressed was a vast understatement. See the Polynesian FAQ thread for my full review (including club level services), but suffice to say, I'd say pay for the view at whatever hotel you want (in my opinion, not the Polynesian) buy a six-pack of beer or soda and skip club level. Just not worth it.
ITA - We stayed CL at the Poly last May and you are correct in that the service was WAY sub-par. We thoroughly enjoyed our Cl stay at the Poly the year before, but after our last experience, we will probably never again stay there! I'm so sorry to even write these words, as we truly did love the Poly - and my grandson keeps wondering why we're even considering anyplace else.... However, our next trip will not include the Poly - CL or otherwise....
gretchenohar@hotmail is offline  
Old 01-03-2011, 09:18 AM   #358
focusondisney

I'll need some Boo Boo fun
Oh come on! You didn't even give anyone a chance to follow the rule!
 
focusondisney's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Sabre Land
Posts: 6,072

Hi!!! I'm so excited....we just booked 5 nights At YC lagoon view club level followed by 2 nights outer club at Grand Floridian!!! (with the new promo.)


We have stayed at YC club level several times but never at GF. I'm planning on those 2 nights as more relaxing days to enjoy the resort & club services. We like a quieter atmosphere, so that's why I chose outer building. Was it a good choice for that reason?

Please give me some info on GF everybody. I've seen the generic food listings for GF but can anyone tell me about the specifics of the evening offerings? Anything you specifically remember that they had? We know what's offered at YC.


Thanks for any info!!
__________________
Sparklie Boo Boo Tour 2012] TagGate 2011 Honoring The Tag Fairy Because she's Snarking Hilarious!
__________________
focusondisney is offline  
Old 01-03-2011, 12:21 PM   #359
CR Resort Fan 4 Life
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Posts: 39,674

Quote:
Originally Posted by baler31 View Post
You will really enjoy the extra space, my DH will only stay in these at BWI or GF now. We enjoy the food at the Innkeepers Club but RPC at GF is still better for us food wise. We prefer both to CR food offerings but CR still hold a very special place in my heart. I love the feeling of being in MK that I get while staying there.

We booked a Deluxe CL room BWI for Star Wars weekend in June and will split the stay with GF RPC trying to make everyone in the family happy.

Your August trip is a great length wish we were able to stay that long, eight nights is usually our limit for being away from the office and the kids activities.
We stayed in a Boardwalk Deluxe Room this past August so we already know how great it is.
CR Resort Fan 4 Life is offline  
Old 01-03-2011, 02:07 PM   #360
roomthreeseventeen
Inaugural Dopey Challenge finisher
 
roomthreeseventeen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: New York, NY
Posts: 8,025

Just booked GF RPC, MK View for the last week of August.

Is it August yet?
__________________
Amy, Patrick, Cosette and Herbie
Many trips as a kid! 2010 GF RPC (March) and AKL/BWI (Oct)
2012
AKL (marathon weekend) and ... AKL (Wine and Dine)
2013 Fort Wilderness 2014 Dopey Challenge AKL
2015 Dopey Challenge at POR!

roomthreeseventeen is offline  
Closed Thread



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:01 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.