Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 12-30-2010, 03:50 PM   #331
CR Resort Fan 4 Life
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sfbank View Post
So CR Fan-I want to know when you are going to be changing you signature name I think you have traveled to the dark side. Glad to have you on the Boardwalk side.

Well I look at it like this. There are things I like equally about both the Contemporary and Boardwalk Inn, so I am going to leave it at that and no my user name won't be changed, lol.
Old 12-30-2010, 04:34 PM   #332
Karlzmom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by CR Resort Fan 4 Life View Post
Well I hope you have a great time and I am wondering which type of Club Level room did you happen to reserve?
Just a standard room. The only request I made was to be away from ESPN, and will let the room assigner pick our fate...only less than 40 days to go....
AKV 2012, 2013 & 2014 BWV 2013
Disney Wonder to Alaska 2014
Back to Alaska on the Wonder in 2015

KATIE Yes, I'm the Jeopardy! champ......
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-30-2010, 08:50 PM   #333
CR Resort Fan 4 Life
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karlzmom View Post
Just a standard room. The only request I made was to be away from ESPN, and will let the room assigner pick our fate...only less than 40 days to go....
Earlier this month we were in 4223 which was a standard room to the right above the Boardwalk Bakery and we were close to the ESPN Club, however noise from there was not an issue.
Old 12-30-2010, 09:16 PM   #334
lovesdumbo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Earlier this month we were in 4223 which was a standard room to the right above the Boardwalk Bakery and we were close to the ESPN Club, however noise from there was not an issue.
I think that 4223 was the room we were in this July. There are some CL rooms that are MUCH closer to ESPN Club. If you look at this map room 4223 is in the pink area near the #3 & #2: http://www.wdwinfo.com/resortmaps/boardwalk.htm

I was in a room (for 1 night only) last May all the way down the hall around the back of the ESPN Club-you can see ESPN sticking out at the end of the building-I was in a room behind that on the far side of the building.

I will say I never heard any noise from ESPN but I was awakened by road noise in the morning before I got up at 6am. I was glad they were able to move me to a garden view room the next day.
Old 12-30-2010, 09:24 PM   #335
CR Resort Fan 4 Life
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesdumbo View Post
I think that 4223 was the room we were in this July. There are some CL rooms that are MUCH closer to ESPN Club. If you look at this map room 4223 is in the pink area near the #3 & #2: http://www.wdwinfo.com/resortmaps/boardwalk.htm

I was in a room (for 1 night only) last May all the way down the hall around the back of the ESPN Club-you can see ESPN sticking out at the end of the building-I was in a room behind that on the far side of the building.

I will say I never heard any noise from ESPN but I was awakened by road noise in the morning before I got up at 6am. I was glad they were able to move me to a garden view room the next day.
The one Club Level room we would not want is 4261. You remember that little area of three rooms just before you reach the Club Level desk by the door which says Innkeeper's Club, well for whatever reason they said that is a Club Level room. My guess is they needed a specifc number of Standard Club Level Rooms and choose that one. We then asked if it has a view and we were told yes, although it wasn't much of a good one. So if we were ever given that room we would ask for another one.
Old 12-30-2010, 09:42 PM   #336
contemporarymom
Mouseketeer

Quote:
In all of our Club Level stays at the Contemporary they never gave anything like those before, even to the guests who have stayed there multiple times.
They give them out on CL at the Contemporary all the time. The bottom of the box is dark chocolate and the lid is white chocolate. The lid has an embossed picture of the Contemporary with the monorail coming out of it. Inside are four truffles. Our kids love them.
Old 12-30-2010, 09:50 PM   #337
lovesdumbo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
The one Club Level room we would not want is 4261. You remember that little area of three rooms just before you reach the Club Level desk by the door which says Innkeeper's Club, well for whatever reason they said that is a Club Level room. My guess is they needed a specifc number of Standard Club Level Rooms and choose that one. We then asked if it has a view and we were told yes, although it wasn't much of a good one. So if we were ever given that room we would ask for another one.
I didn't realize that was a CL room. I wouldn't want that one either. The garden view room I ended up in May was between the CL desk and the lounge was fine but the BW view room was wonderful! I would love that room again in May for my 50th bday trip but am sure my friends & I will have a great time in any room.

I've asked for a room close to the lounge. I had lots of trouble with my bunions last May on my trip. I went to a podiatrist when I got home but he couldn't operate until after my July trip. I had surgery on my right foot 8/2 and then my left foot 11/26. I'll be 5 weeks out tomorrow on my left foot and it is doing very well but my right foot is still very sore. Strange because there was more arthritis in my left foot. My doctor will xray both feet again when I go back in 2 weeks and may prescribe a bone stimulator for my right foot if the bone isn't completely fused. I was really hoping to be in better shape foot wise than I was last May or July.
Old 12-30-2010, 09:51 PM   #338
CR Resort Fan 4 Life
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by contemporarymom View Post
They give them out on CL at the Contemporary all the time. The bottom of the box is dark chocolate and the lid is white chocolate. The lid has an embossed picture of the Contemporary with the monorail coming out of it. Inside are four truffles. Our kids love them.
Well maybe we have got those chocolates that you described, however we have never got anything from them like in that picture of the chocolate fram from the Boardwalk.
Old 12-30-2010, 09:59 PM   #339
contemporarymom
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Well maybe we have got those chocolates that you described, however we have never got anything from them like in that picture of the chocolate fram from the Boardwalk.
I'm pretty much guessing that each resort has their own "signature" chocolate piece. The frame is the Boardwalk's, the box is the Contemporary's, etc. They're a nice little added touch. It's great to come back to your room and be greeted by a few of those on a nice tray.
Old 12-30-2010, 10:19 PM   #340
Karlzmom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by contemporarymom View Post
I'm pretty much guessing that each resort has their own "signature" chocolate piece. The frame is the Boardwalk's, the box is the Contemporary's, etc. They're a nice little added touch. It's great to come back to your room and be greeted by a few of those on a nice tray.
Must just be an "occasional" or a return thing..no *happy* on our last CL stay.

My big concern about ESPN is Super Bowl Sunday, which I imagine will be the worst for noise. Of course, we tend to turn in fairly early everynight and really don't care much for noise in general. I guess I'll need to tuck our white noise machine in the bag and hope for the best.
AKV 2012, 2013 & 2014 BWV 2013
Disney Wonder to Alaska 2014
Back to Alaska on the Wonder in 2015

KATIE Yes, I'm the Jeopardy! champ......
Old 12-30-2010, 10:24 PM   #341
lovesdumbo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karlzmom View Post
My big concern about ESPN is Super Bowl Sunday, which I imagine will be the worst for noise. Of course, we tend to turn in fairly early everynight and really don't care much for noise in general. I guess I'll need to tuck our white noise machine in the bag and hope for the best.
The radio in the room might have that. You can hook an ipod up to it.

Hope you don't get a room close to the ESPN club!
Old 12-31-2010, 07:16 AM   #342
daughertyk
Mouseketeer

Ok, I finally read through this whole thread! We are staying CL at WL for Thanksgiving 2011. This will be our first time to try the club level at WL. We have stayed CL before at GF. From what I have read it looks like we are going to love it.
Old 12-31-2010, 07:31 AM   #343
jackemail
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Well I look at it like this. There are things I like equally about both the Contemporary and Boardwalk Inn, so I am going to leave it at that and no my user name won't be changed, lol.
So you can keep your user name, but WE know it is really CR Resort Fan 4 Life Who Loves BWI Equally
Old 12-31-2010, 12:36 PM   #344
CR Resort Fan 4 Life
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackemail View Post
So you can keep your user name, but WE know it is really CR Resort Fan 4 Life Who Loves BWI Equally
Well that's the best way to say it.
Old 01-01-2011, 05:35 PM   #345
CR Resort Fan 4 Life
DIS Veteran

Just got 35% off a Deluxe Room at the Boardwalk for August 2011

Because of WDW's brand new room only offer we switched our Standard Club Level Room reservation at the Boardwalk for this August to a Deluxe Club Level Room, which is 35% the rack rate. Originally we were scheduled to be there from August 8 - August 22, however we are now there from August 17 - August 31, since the discounted rate starts on the 16th. Anyway I am very excited about it since this will be our 2nd time staying in a Deluxe Room, plus the fact we know we will be getting the Boardwalk view. We requested a room on the 4th floor since that is where the lounge is, however if we get one on the 3rd floor I won't mind since the balconies are a lot bigger. So either way we can't go wrong.
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: