Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 12-28-2010, 09:45 PM   #316
CR Resort Fan 4 Life
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesdumbo View Post
Maybe the guest saw a CM give someone a bottle of water. Or maybe they were just lying.
It could have been that she saw someone getting a bottle of water and we even got a bottle of Evian to keep in our room. However there is a difference because the bottle of Evian was clear and a bottle of Wine is not, so chances are she was lying.
Old 12-28-2010, 11:02 PM   #317
Caydence3
Mouseketeer

It could have happened

When we were at WDW, we stayed on the club level. One night my mom went to ask for for a "glass" of wine and the gentlemen told her she could have the rest of bottle. it was already opened but it only seemed that maybe one glass had been poured. Maybe he was in good mood that night, who knows. So i do believe that it could have happened. And on another night we did get a whole bottle of water for the room.
Register to remove

Old 12-28-2010, 11:50 PM   #318
baler31
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caydence3 View Post
When we were at WDW, we stayed on the club level. One night my mom went to ask for for a "glass" of wine and the gentlemen told her she could have the rest of bottle. it was already opened but it only seemed that maybe one glass had been poured. Maybe he was in good mood that night, who knows. So i do believe that it could have happened. And on another night we did get a whole bottle of water for the room.
On several different trips we were offered the rest of an open bottle when we were the last in the lounge near closing. We never asked and usually we did not accept as we were going to bed anyway. IMO the other guest should not have asked and I can't imagine anyone going out of their for someone with that kind of attitude.
Old 12-29-2010, 03:19 PM   #319
CR Resort Fan 4 Life
DIS Veteran

A welcome back gift from the Innkeeper's Club

On our 2nd night at the Boardwalk my family and I had walked back into our room and noticed a chocolate picture fram with a picture that said Disney Boardwalk on a plate with little chocolates and a card that said Welcome Back !!! The Innkeepers Club. Anyway here is a picture of it for those who want to see it.

Old 12-29-2010, 03:38 PM   #320
YCFAN

Have you seen my tag?

Just booked a last minute trip for this weekend!

I remember reading a while back that they were trying leaving the club lounge open 24 hours at the YC. Does anyone know if they are still doing that or was that not a success? Thanks.
Old 12-29-2010, 07:38 PM   #321
Pjimmeyer
1000th Happy Haunt

Quote:
Originally Posted by CR Resort Fan 4 Life View Post
On our 2nd night at the Boardwalk my family and I had walked back into our room and noticed a chocolate picture fram with a picture that said Disney Boardwalk on a plate with little chocolates and a card that said Welcome Back !!! The Innkeepers Club. Anyway here is a picture of it for those who want to see it.
Wow! Very nice!!!
Old 12-29-2010, 10:09 PM   #322
dclfun
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pjimmeyer View Post
Wow! Very nice!!!
I have the same one...but from the Poly, and we had one at AKL last year but it was eaten before I could take a photo, lol. I like the one from the Boardwalk best- very nice!---Kathy

Skye sitting in the "poop deck" on the Disney Dream, April, 2011. We just returned from a back to back cruise on the Dream, so she's now sailed 12 times on DCL!
Old 12-29-2010, 11:20 PM   #323
Pjimmeyer
1000th Happy Haunt

Quote:
Originally Posted by dclfun View Post
I have the same one...but from the Poly, and we had one at AKL last year but it was eaten before I could take a photo, lol. I like the one from the Boardwalk best- very nice!---Kathy
Doh...guess I just missed out at the CR.
Old 12-29-2010, 11:28 PM   #324
CR Resort Fan 4 Life
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pjimmeyer View Post
Doh...guess I just missed out at the CR.
In all of our Club Level stays at the Contemporary they never gave anything like those before, even to the guests who have stayed there multiple times.
Old 12-29-2010, 11:40 PM   #325
Karlzmom
DIS Veteran

Hmmmm, we had to switch to a new resort for our 2d CL stay....
AKV 2012, 2013 & 2014 BWV 2013
Disney Wonder to Alaska 2014
Back to Alaska on the Wonder in 2015

KATIE Yes, I'm the Jeopardy! champ......
Old 12-30-2010, 01:48 PM   #326
CR Resort Fan 4 Life
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karlzmom View Post
Hmmmm, we had to switch to a new resort for our 2d CL stay....
Looking by your signature is it now the Boardwalk Inn Club Level?
Old 12-30-2010, 01:51 PM   #327
Karlzmom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by CR Resort Fan 4 Life View Post
Looking by your signature is it now the Boardwalk Inn Club Level?
Yep...your reviews convinced us to give it a go.... I'm sure it will be lovely, it just never occurred to me that one could "build a relationship" with the CL staff at a single hotel. I suspect it might be a while before we CL again...unless I get a screaming deal.....or if its only a *bit* more than what a regular room will be..or.....
AKV 2012, 2013 & 2014 BWV 2013
Disney Wonder to Alaska 2014
Back to Alaska on the Wonder in 2015

KATIE Yes, I'm the Jeopardy! champ......
Old 12-30-2010, 02:18 PM   #328
west&east
DIS Veteran

Beach Club CL

Stayed BC CL 12/18-12/23. This was our third CL stay (others at AKL and WL). BC has won us over with its location and we really enjoyed the lounge set up. The lounge did stay open 24 hours (with some brief closures before or after service times). Basically, this provided access to the refrigerator with soft drinks and the coffee machine. We returned one night at about 2:30am and I confirmed that these items were still available. The concierge staff was quite helpful with confirming our reservations. For example, the system was down one morning and I was uncertain about the exact time of our ADR for that night. The concierge's system was also down but they took the info and followed up for us so we could enjoy the park and return to the confirmation in our room. Neil was also up for the challenge when we posed a dilemma of seeing the Osborne lights, making our 8pm ADR at Biergarten and using our 7:30pm fastpasses for Soarin all in a few hours time frame.

We enjoyed breakfast offerings which were fairly consistent from day to day. I appreciated the sliced hard boiled eggs, artfully presented on individual dishes as well as delicious oatmeal with a variety of toppings. Breakfast in the lounge is a huge convenience when you are trying to have an early start at the parks, or when you have a character breakfast booked later in the morning but need something to tide the kids over til then.

Midday snacks were minimal but the housemade potato chips and dip were really addicting. DS loved the swedish fish and of course the cookies and other nibbles were fun.

The evening appetizers were wonderful. Potstickers, quesadillas, skewers, breads, olives, dips, cheeses, etc. Nice variety and another convenience for hungry folks eating dinner later. A nice glass of wine or a beer also is a great treat. You could ask for a beer at any time and they would get it for you. DH and our friend did take advantage of that here and there.

The late night sweets were also very lovely and included some terrific small desserts and liquors.

We were freely given bottled water (offered Evian and a sparkling water- Perrier?) which was wonderful to have for our room.

My Path Unwinding Blog: Traveling Through Life Disney Style

Twitter: @kksnc

AKL CL January 2009; WL CL December 2009; Beach Club CL Lagoon View December 2010;
Disney Cruise Line Magic Mediterranean Cruise August 2011; Beach Club CL Deluxe December 2011; Beach Club Food and Wine Birthday trip October 2012; Beach Club CL January 2013; Disney Fantasy Easter Cruise 2013 Concierge Cat V; Boardwalk Inn Club Level/ Waldorf Astoria June 2013; F& W October 2013; Beach Club CL New Years Eve! Fantasy April 12, 2014; Adventures by Disney: Central Europe! July 2014!!!

Next Up: WDW January 2015, Disney Fantasy (Eastern) April 4, 2015; Disney Dream Double Dip June 26, 2015
Old 12-30-2010, 02:39 PM   #329
CR Resort Fan 4 Life
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karlzmom View Post
Yep...your reviews convinced us to give it a go.... I'm sure it will be lovely, it just never occurred to me that one could "build a relationship" with the CL staff at a single hotel. I suspect it might be a while before we CL again...unless I get a screaming deal.....or if its only a *bit* more than what a regular room will be..or.....
Well I hope you have a great time and I am wondering which type of Club Level room did you happen to reserve?
Old 12-30-2010, 04:47 PM   #330
sfbank
DIS Veteran

So CR Fan-I want to know when you are going to be changing you signature name I think you have traveled to the dark side. Glad to have you on the Boardwalk side.

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: