Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 02-05-2012, 12:17 AM   #3001
JanetMom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lmb80129 View Post
I made a reservation for a YC club level room last weekend and have not received an email from IPO. Is this normal? Should I wait or give them a call? My husband and I are going the end of April to celebrate our 15th wedding anniversary and I would like to have that noted on our reservation as well as request a room with a king bed. We have stayed at the BC many times and are so excited to stay at the YC!!!
No need to wait. You should reach out to them with any requests that you have. Just be sure to include your reservation number so they can connect your request to the right reservation.

We will be at YC CL next month () and they have been very responsive to all of our requests and email.

Trip Report - Dining with Disers 2014
Trip Report - March Break 2012 at the YC http://www.disboards.com/showthread....5#post44422655
Trip Report - March Break 2010 at CR – with stops at Poly, GF, WL, BW, BC, YC, MK, Epcot, HS, DD, and TL http://www.disboards.com/showthread....4#post35923604
Trip Report - Solo trip - A brief stay at CSR with a stop at AKL (with pics!) http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2#post36750372

FW - 1972 (I think, I was little then!); WL - 2004; WL CL - 2007; CR CL - 2010; CSR - 2010; YC CL - 2012; BC - 2014
Old 02-06-2012, 08:55 AM   #3002
mouseketeermama
Mouseketeer

I have already been won over by the Poly IPO and we haven't even made it there yet! We booked this trip only 30 days in advance so we had no chance in getting reservations at O'hana, Cali Grill or Chef Mickeys. We decided to ask any way and they told me that nothing was available, and we were totally fine with that. What I didn't expect was an email yesterday morning telling me that they were able to get me a reservation at O'hana and Chef Mickey's for the times I was looking for. This morning I had an email telling me that they booked us at Cali Grill as well! I never would have expected them to take the time to constantly check for cancellations!

My first club level stay has already impressed me!

Just a married to my raising our littleand tiny
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-06-2012, 09:37 AM   #3003
travelgoddess
DIS Veteran

My only reason for not booking Poly Club Conc.....

Is that I might not get a balcony or terrace, the possibility of getting one of those 2nd floor rooms is not good for me, but I do Love the Poly.
Boardwalk Inn 2002
Wilderness Lodge 2003
Port Orleans French Quarter 2004
Wilderness Lodge 2006
Caribbean Beach Resort 2008
Port Orleans Riverside 2011

THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW!!!!
Old 02-06-2012, 04:25 PM   #3004
jenneth79
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by travelgoddess View Post
I'm getting very close to booking our vacation 11/22-12/1. It's just me and my DH trying to declide between the 2 resorts. Without having to read through the entire thread. Isn't there some issue with the BC balconies, some smaller than others, we will probably book water view, maybe garden view...not sure yet. Any chance of getting a king bed? I have shellfish allergies. I thought I read somewhere one of these 2 put out alot of shellfish for the evening food? At both places are all the rooms all on the same floor as the lounge? Sorry so many questions.

Thanks so much
BC does not guarantee a full balcony (They have "Juliet" style ones, or standing balconies on many of their rooms) while all YC CL rooms have full balconies.

Both hotels have limited King beds - you're better off not checking in ahead of time and just asking when you get there if one is available (also add that to your request section on your reservation).

We have stayed at YC CL but not BC. There were mini crab cakes one evening as a snack selection, but not much else seafood-wise. Best bet is to tell the IPO you have an allergy and see if they have more info.

Most rooms are the same floor as the lounge, save for a few deluxe rooms and suites in each hotel.

HTH!
Old 02-07-2012, 01:35 AM   #3005
TinkTatoo
Has a Tink tattoo on her shoulder
Hooked on Disney Cruises

Quote:
Originally Posted by lmb80129 View Post
I made a reservation for a YC club level room last weekend and have not received an email from IPO. Is this normal? Should I wait or give them a call? My husband and I are going the end of April to celebrate our 15th wedding anniversary and I would like to have that noted on our reservation as well as request a room with a king bed. We have stayed at the BC many times and are so excited to stay at the YC!!!
I made our YC concierge reservation last week for a stay in August and have already heard from the IPO, send them an e-mail with your requests and they're sure to get back to you

Old 02-07-2012, 09:32 AM   #3006
Doofenshmirtz513
Mouseketeer

Can anyone just confirm for me that the CL balconies at the Wilderness Lodge are full balconies and not the narrow, standing only balconies? Thanks

Grand Floridian ('14)
Disney Fantasy ('13, '15)
Wilderness Lodge ('12)
Beach Club ('09, '10, '12)
Contemporary ('85, '11)
All-Star Music ('98)
Offsite ('89, '97, '99)
Old 02-07-2012, 10:16 AM   #3007
pas130
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doofenshmirtz513 View Post
Can anyone just confirm for me that the CL balconies at the Wilderness Lodge are full balconies and not the narrow, standing only balconies? Thanks
They are full balconies, but enclosed..so you have to stand to look out. There is great CL info on the WL thread
Old 02-07-2012, 12:10 PM   #3008
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doofenshmirtz513 View Post
pas130 is correct that they are all full balconies, however, only the 7th floor (CL) have the semi-solid balcony walls that you have to stand to see down below. But, since you're posting to the CL thread, I assume that's the floor you are asking about.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pas130 View Post
They are full balconies, but enclosed..so you have to stand to look out. There is great CL info on the WL thread
Thank you for the plug
Old 02-07-2012, 12:15 PM   #3009
pas130
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK View Post

Thank you for the plug
You are very welcome!

Old 02-07-2012, 12:59 PM   #3010
chirogrrl
Planning the next trip...

Quote:
Originally Posted by CR Resort Fan 4 Life View Post
For those wondering about being meet if you arrive via Magical Express, the IPO form you get e-mailed has a section asking which method of transportation you are using and one of the options is for selecting Magical Express. So once you put all the information down that's how they know when to meet you.
This is funny, because we have stayed CL 3 times and have never been greeted upon arrival. I didn't even know they did that!

At the YC, we arrived really late, so that may be why. But I can't explain BWI and Poly? Do they usually greet you at the ME? I think we may have been missing something!
/June'85 Offsite

Old 02-07-2012, 02:04 PM   #3011
nemofans
DIS Veteran

Well, this thread has helped me to understand that CL resorts are not consistent with the services they offer. Not just between the different CL resorts, but w/in the same resort as well. I guess you can't rely on things happening as they should.

8/2000 WDW Grosvenor Resort (got engaged!), 11/2005 DL PPH CL, 12/2006 WDW Poly, 02/2008 WDW AKL, 2/2010 WDW CR CL, 2/2011 DCL Magic, 11/2011 DL GCH, 10/2012 WDW AKL CL

2013 Book Challenge: 87 out of 75 GOAL MET!!
2014 Book Challenge: 92 out of 85 GOAL MET!!
Old 02-07-2012, 02:49 PM   #3012
nancyc
Mouseketeer

Hello Everyone! This is a great thread for Concierge questions, which I've got one..
I booked about a month ago at the Beach Club to stay in May. I haven't received an IPO email yet. I've already made ADR's, so the only request I wanted to make was if it was possible to have a room near the elevators. I've got age 60 something parents going on this trip and thought it would be convenient for them. Should I contact now to make that request or closer to the trip?
Thanks
Old 02-07-2012, 03:39 PM   #3013
NJBILL
Always Keep An Eye To The Sky

ADR's

My ADR window opens up February 27th. It's been a few years since our last club level stay. Do I just send a list of where I want to eat with a day & time to the Concierge office?
Norwegian Dawn-2005
4 Night Land/ 4 Night Land/Sea Package - Aug 2006 AKL Concierge-Disney Wonder / Deluxe Family Stateroom
Aug 17, 2007 Explorer Of The Seas- 9 Night-Bermunda, St.Thomas, St.Maarten, Puerto Rico.
Aug 11, 2008 Norwegian Sky- Bahamas-Nassau, Grand Bahama Island
Polynesian Garden View Club .....July 21-July 28 ,2009
Norwegian Epic Western Caribbean 2010
Disney Dream- CR Club Level- Land/Sea August 25, 2012
Old 02-08-2012, 07:28 AM   #3014
Tess
DIS Vet - 1997
Still thinking happy little thoughts. . .
The Tag Fairy sees and loves Tess too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJBILL View Post
My ADR window opens up February 27th. It's been a few years since our last club level stay. Do I just send a list of where I want to eat with a day & time to the Concierge office?
Yes! When your booking window opens, they will handle the rest and email you with the ADRs. If you don't receive an email, simply email them and ask for a copy of your itinerary.
Old 02-13-2012, 06:18 AM   #3015
JanetMom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by nancyc View Post
Hello Everyone! This is a great thread for Concierge questions, which I've got one..
I booked about a month ago at the Beach Club to stay in May. I haven't received an IPO email yet. I've already made ADR's, so the only request I wanted to make was if it was possible to have a room near the elevators. I've got age 60 something parents going on this trip and thought it would be convenient for them. Should I contact now to make that request or closer to the trip?
Thanks
You can contact them anytime, so I suggest you contact them now.

Send them an email and they will add the request to your reservation.

Trip Report - Dining with Disers 2014
Trip Report - March Break 2012 at the YC http://www.disboards.com/showthread....5#post44422655
Trip Report - March Break 2010 at CR – with stops at Poly, GF, WL, BW, BC, YC, MK, Epcot, HS, DD, and TL http://www.disboards.com/showthread....4#post35923604
Trip Report - Solo trip - A brief stay at CSR with a stop at AKL (with pics!) http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2#post36750372

FW - 1972 (I think, I was little then!); WL - 2004; WL CL - 2007; CR CL - 2010; CSR - 2010; YC CL - 2012; BC - 2014
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: