Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 12-09-2010, 08:29 PM   #256
hill6
DIS Veteran

CR have a great trip.

Villas at Wilderness Lodge May 9-14
Old 12-09-2010, 08:40 PM   #257
PolyDec2008
Earning My Ears

Thanks for sharing the photos!

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-10-2010, 10:15 AM   #258
irish dancer
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKL LOVER View Post
Lucky you! Back in October I tried to book a CL studio for May and they were all booked up--it was sad ......Until we booked a standard CL room (not a DVC) since we really wanted to try CL. This will be our first time CL and I am excited!
Quote:
Originally Posted by KinziePooh View Post
I'll be waiting for you both to report back. I was able to book a DVC CL room for just 2 nights of our stay in October. We've never stayed CL before and are really looking forward to it.
I'll be anxiously awaiting your report too. We are booked AKV-CL 1BR in June. We were there in Oct 08 but I'm sure things have changed since then. I'll be sure to report back after our June trip.
Old 12-10-2010, 10:42 AM   #259
dgbg100106

It is pretty unique... Just like me
Mommy, please make the mean witch stop talking to me

Quote:
Originally Posted by irish dancer View Post
I'll be anxiously awaiting your report too. We are booked AKV-CL 1BR in June. We were there in Oct 08 but I'm sure things have changed since then. I'll be sure to report back after our June trip.
I have pictures from my trip in October of the room and views in my trip report starting on page 11 if you are interested...

73 Cont, 74 Poly, 91 Swan, 02 CBR, 05 BWV, 09 Jambo House AKL (F&WF), 10 Jambo House AKL (F&WF), 11 BWV, 11 BCV (F&WF)

2013 Cruising adventures
3rd times a Charm, F&WF2011 Celebrating Graduations at the world2010 F&WF, AKV with Sunrise Safari and 7 nights on Cruise
Old 12-10-2010, 01:35 PM   #260
irish dancer
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dgbg100106 View Post
I have pictures from my trip in October of the room and views in my trip report starting on page 11 if you are interested...
Thanks!!

Our 1BR in Oct 08 had a different layout, ours had the kitchen island. Wonder if that was unusual.
Old 12-10-2010, 01:56 PM   #261
dgbg100106

Quote:
Originally Posted by irish dancer View Post
Thanks!!

Our 1BR in Oct 08 had a different layout, ours had the kitchen island. Wonder if that was unusual.
We had three different rooms in this trip, and two of the rooms....pictures later in the review.... had islands, the first room we were in was a handicapped room and I think that was the difference, there was more room to move around for a wheelchair.

We did not ask for a handicapped room but that is what we got.

73 Cont, 74 Poly, 91 Swan, 02 CBR, 05 BWV, 09 Jambo House AKL (F&WF), 10 Jambo House AKL (F&WF), 11 BWV, 11 BCV (F&WF)

2013 Cruising adventures
3rd times a Charm, F&WF2011 Celebrating Graduations at the world2010 F&WF, AKV with Sunrise Safari and 7 nights on Cruise
Old 12-11-2010, 06:22 PM   #262
west&east
DIS Veteran

Is it still correct that the IPOs use the same reservation system that is publicly available? For ADRs in the next two weeks, do they have any special pull? I am fairly sure that they do not, but want to be sure this is still accurate...

My Path Unwinding Blog: Traveling Through Life Disney Style

Twitter: @kksnc

AKL CL January 2009; WL CL December 2009; Beach Club CL Lagoon View December 2010;
Disney Cruise Line Magic Mediterranean Cruise August 2011; Beach Club CL Deluxe December 2011; Beach Club Food and Wine Birthday trip October 2012; Beach Club CL January 2013; Disney Fantasy Easter Cruise 2013 Concierge Cat V; Boardwalk Inn Club Level/ Waldorf Astoria June 2013; F& W October 2013; Beach Club CL New Years Eve! Fantasy April 12, 2014; Adventures by Disney: Central Europe! July 2014!!!

Next Up: WDW January 2015, Disney Fantasy (Eastern) April 4, 2015; Disney Dream Double Dip June 26, 2015
Old 12-11-2010, 07:24 PM   #263
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Quote:
Originally Posted by west&east View Post
Is it still correct that the IPOs use the same reservation system that is publicly available? For ADRs in the next two weeks, do they have any special pull? I am fairly sure that they do not, but want to be sure this is still accurate...
Yes, you're correct, the IPOs have no greater ability to secure an ADR than you do by going online or calling.

This past summer, the YC IPO emailed to tell me she could not get my preferred Le Cellier ADR and told me to keep trying myself by checking online.

One suggestion is to subscribe to the December Canceled ADR thread which is here:

http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post39196351

While you cannot post wanted ADRs, those who cancel will post and/or announce that they are going to cancel and you can coordinate with them via PM.

Good luck!
Old 12-12-2010, 08:05 PM   #264
BC1836
DIS Veteran

We just got back from a week-long stay in the GF's main building CL. We thoroughly enjoyed it, especially since more food choices are provided than, for example, at nearby Sugarloaf. The staff, to be sure, was friendly and competent.

Still, some guests just don't get it. One gentleman frequented the breakfast offerings in his barefeet, and a number of lazy/rude guests never brought their used glasses or plates back to the return area.

We had a Boardwalk Garden Suite in October and appreciated the shorter indoor stroll to the concierge area.

All the best.
The 20th Century...'74-'00 (23 visits): Multiple stays at the Contemporary, Golf Resort, Old Key West, Port Orleans, Polynesian, Dixie Landings, Grand Floridian, offsite locations + one Disneyland trip.

The 21st Century (40 visits): '01: Yacht Club.....'02: Animal Kingdom Lodge & Grand Floridian.....'03: Wilderness Lodge & Grand Floridian.....'04: Grand Floridian.....'05: Beach Club & Grand Floridian.....'06: (May) Grand Floridian; (Oct.) Beach Club.....'07: (March) Polynesian & Grand Floridian; (Oct.) Beach Club; (Dec.) Coronado Springs & Grand Floridian; '08: (March) Port Orleans Riverside & Polynesian; (May-June) Grand Floridian; (June) Paradise Pier @ Disneyland; (Oct.) Beach Club; (Dec.) Beach Club; '09 (March) Grand Floridian; (June) Grand Floridian; (Oct.) Grand Floridian; (Dec.) Grand Floridian; '10 (March) Grand Floridian; (May-June) Grand Floridian; (Aug.) Grand Floridian; (Oct.) Boardwalk: Garden Suites; (Dec.) Grand Floridian....'11 (April) Grand Floridian; (June) Grand Floridian; (Oct.) Boardwalk: Garden Suites; (Dec.) Grand Floridian....'12 (March-April) Grand Floridian: Presidential Suite; (May) Grand Californian @ Disneyland; (Aug.) Grand Floridian; (Oct.) Boardwalk: Garden Suites; (Dec.) Grand Floridian...'13 (April) Grand Floridian; (Aug.) Grand Floridian: Roy Disney Suite; (Oct.) Boardwalk; (Dec.) Beach Club & Grand Floridian...'14 (April) Grand Floridian: Roy Disney Suite...(Aug.) Grand Floridian; (Oct.) Boardwalk
Old 12-13-2010, 04:39 PM   #265
jworkkul
DIS Veteran

I am having trouble e-mailing the IPO for AKL-Jambo House with my reservation number. I tried calling them this morning after 9:00 a.m. but had to leave a message on answering machine and have not heard anything back from them. The e-mail address at the beginning of this thread is not correct and does someone have a more definitive one? Thanks from someone who is staying Club Level for the first time
Old 12-13-2010, 07:20 PM   #266
AKL LOVER
Are we there yet??

Quote:
Originally Posted by jworkkul View Post
I am having trouble e-mailing the IPO for AKL-Jambo House with my reservation number. I tried calling them this morning after 9:00 a.m. but had to leave a message on answering machine and have not heard anything back from them. The e-mail address at the beginning of this thread is not correct and does someone have a more definitive one? Thanks from someone who is staying Club Level for the first time
Here you go:

Animal.Kingdom.Lodge.Itinerary.Planning@disneyworl d.com

This is the email address listed in the most recent email I received from AKL's IPO. We are staying CL for the first time in May and we can't wait! Hope this helps
Old 12-16-2010, 11:42 AM   #267
jworkkul
DIS Veteran

I have been trying to contact the IPO office for a week now (phone, e-mail and fax) and have heard nothing from them. Just sent another e-mail today. Is this normal?
Old 12-16-2010, 01:25 PM   #268
jackskellingtonsgirl
Jello Shot Chick
I am scarred for life from wearing knock off brands
I opened the door and gave them the "nanny death stare"!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jworkkul View Post
I have been trying to contact the IPO office for a week now (phone, e-mail and fax) and have heard nothing from them. Just sent another e-mail today. Is this normal?
As soon as you send an e-mail you should get an immediate auto-response saying they received your message. Are you getting that, but not getting any additional communication from them? Any chance the replies are going to your spam folder or something?

They have been quite prompt in responding to my e-mails. I just messaged them the other day about adding one more ADR to our itinerary and I had a reply with my confirmed ADR within an hour.
AKV CL June '11 AKV June '10 AKL Dec. '09 AKV CL Aug. '09 AKL/SSR/Poly/AKV Aug. '08 AKL Dec. '07 WL Aug. '07 AKL Feb. '07 Pop Dec. '06 AKL Aug. '06 Pop Oct. '05 Pop Jan. '05

Old 12-16-2010, 01:33 PM   #269
Bolebrothers
Earning My Ears

That is strange, with no reply. My first contact with Poly IPO was not so long ago, and I actually had an answer 20 minutes before the auto reply arrived.
My follow up questiones where all replied within 30 minutes from I sent them. So I am very impressed so far. Might be different people on the Poly IPO than for AKL, but would not think so...

B
Old 12-16-2010, 02:42 PM   #270
dgbg100106

animal.kingdom.lodge.itinerary.plann...neyworl d.com

This is the email that I used and got responses the next day but an auto message almost within an hour.

2013 Cruising adventures
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: