Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 11-28-2010, 03:50 PM   #211
CR Resort Fan 4 Life
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesdumbo View Post
I thought I had read some where Flying Fish but I can't remember where or if it was a "fact" or speculation. Flying Fish would be awesome! But actually any of the other choices would be good too.
I do agree that no matter the restaurant the items should be very good.
Old 11-28-2010, 04:08 PM   #212
ancestry
Trees Without Roots Fall Over

BC Club Level

I have a trip planned in January with my older two children (DD 19 and DS 15). We were originally planning on staying at POR but once the AP rates were released I was able to grab a CL room at the BC for our dates. I am very excited to have gotten this room as it is during the marathon and the BC is sold out for at least one of our nights. How a CL room managed to be available at an AP rate when it appears to have been the only room available at the BC is beyond me -- but I'll take it.

Hubby and I and the two younger kid stayed CL at the GF this past May and absolutely loved it.

So -- can anyone tell me more about the BC CL? I've searched the boards (this thread, the previous CL thread, and the BC threads and can't find much information about the BC CL other than the basics.

Anyone know how many rooms are available at the BC that are CL?

Are all of the CL rooms on the 5th floor where the lounge is? I.E. Are we pretty much guaranteed to be on the 5th floor?

At the GF they used to put out a list of offerings every day -- sort of like a menu -- so you knew what the food items would be for the evening offerings. It helped us determine if we wanted to come back for the evening appetizers or not. Does the BC do this as well? If so does any one have a picture of one of the daily menus?

Will the offerings at the BC be similar to what we experienced or had at the GF in May?

I read somewhere that as of September basic beverages (water, soda, and coffee) were available at the BC CL 24 hours a day. Is this correct or just some rumor?
Register to remove

Old 11-29-2010, 02:01 AM   #213
jenjersnap
yadda yadda yadda

ancestry, I can't answer most of your questions because we haven't had our first BC CL stay yet, but I can say that all CL rooms except for deluxe rooms are indeed on the 5th floor. Also, it is a fact, not rumor, that the lounge was having a test of being open 24 hours a day this fall. Whether it is still happening is the big question. I haven't been able to get an answer myself, but would be happy to report back with my personal experience in a couple weeks.

Upcoming: Disneyland 7/14 Mom & DS3, BCV 11/14

YC & Poly 10/13 Poly & BC 12/10GC at Disneyland 06/09Mom and DS2, WL 1/09YC & BC (yes, both!) 9/08 Hojo's near Disneyland 6/08Mom and DS1, WL 1/08Poly 9/07 BC 10/06 AKL & Poly 12/05 Mom and DS1, WL & Dolphin 2/05 First trip as an adult to AK & FW cabins, 12/04
Old 11-29-2010, 05:08 AM   #214
ancestry
Trees Without Roots Fall Over

Thanks jenjersnap - Jennifer! I look forward to hearing about, well reading about, your experience when you get back. Enjoy your trip!
Old 12-02-2010, 02:23 PM   #215
CR Resort Fan 4 Life
DIS Veteran

One more week until our 2nd Club Level stay at the Boardwalk

Next Thursday around this time my family and I will be back at the Boardwalk for our 2nd Club Level stay over there and I am very much looking forward to it, because we are spending our whole time there and not doing a split stay like our trip this past August.
Old 12-02-2010, 02:28 PM   #216
ClareH37
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by CR Resort Fan 4 Life View Post
Next Thursday around this time my family and I will be back at the Boardwalk for our 2nd Club Level stay over there and I am very much looking forward to it, because we are spending our whole time there and not doing a split stay like our trip this past August.
Have a wonderful time I love the Boardwalk especially during the Christmas festivities, the decorations are beautiful.

1992/1994/1995/1997/1999/2001 - Offsite/POFQ * December 2004 - CSR, YC * December 2006 - YC CL * May 2007 - BWI * December 2007 - GF RPC, BWI CL * May 2009 - BWI CL *
May 2010 - BWI CL * November 2011 - BWI CL * December 2012 - BC CL * May 2014 - GF CL & WL CL *
Old 12-02-2010, 02:32 PM   #217
CR Resort Fan 4 Life
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClareH37 View Post
Have a wonderful time I love the Boardwalk especially during the Christmas festivities, the decorations are beautiful.
Thank you.
Old 12-02-2010, 05:29 PM   #218
nascargirl
DIS Veteran

Have a wonderful time. We head there the day of the marathon. This time we have a Garden Suite but are hoping that something will open up on the lounge floor.
Old 12-02-2010, 08:03 PM   #219
jackemail
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by nascargirl View Post
Have a wonderful time. We head there the day of the marathon. This time we have a Garden Suite but are hoping that something will open up on the lounge floor.
Garden Suite at Boardwalk?? That'll still work just fine!
Old 12-02-2010, 08:05 PM   #220
jackemail
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I love split stays---BUT it is also totally wonderful to really settle in at one resort and not have to move.

Are you going to GF to see the gingerbread house?
Old 12-02-2010, 08:56 PM   #221
hill6
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by nascargirl View Post
I just returned from a garden cottage suite and I can tell you to keep it. The two minute walk to the lounge is so worth it. I also recommend that you put in a request for one with a private balcony. Only three of the 15 have them. The ones with the balconies are 1205-1207. Here is a link to our pictures.

http://travel.webshots.com/album/579217944ohPEer

Villas at Wilderness Lodge May 9-14
Old 12-02-2010, 09:01 PM   #222
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Quote:
Do you think you'll miss the CR at all? I know you'll at least visit for the pin trading event. How long ago was the last time you went to WDW, but didn't stay at the CR?

Have a great trip!
Old 12-02-2010, 09:49 PM   #223
CR Resort Fan 4 Life
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackemail View Post
I love split stays---BUT it is also totally wonderful to really settle in at one resort and not have to move.

Are you going to GF to see the gingerbread house?
Yes we are planning to visit the Grand Floridian a few times, because we like eating there at Gasparilla's Grill & Games.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK
Do you think you'll miss the CR at all? I know you'll at least visit for the pin trading event. How long ago was the last time you went to WDW, but didn't stay at the CR?

Have a great trip!
Well the last time we didn't stay a whole trip at the Contemporary was in December 2007 when we were at the Polynesian and at some point I did miss the Contemporary, although seeing it from our room didn't help. However since we had such a great time staying Club Level at the Boardwalk this past August I think I will be ok.

Last edited by CR Resort Fan 4 Life; 12-03-2010 at 02:01 PM.
Old 12-03-2010, 10:22 AM   #224
nascargirl
DIS Veteran

jackemail--No complaints about the cottages. Anita gave us a tour last summer. You know me I like to be nice and close to the lounge to keep an eye on all of our favorite CM.
Old 12-03-2010, 10:46 AM   #225
sto6917
"If only I had not accepted that invitation to dine at 27..."

Location: Second star to the right and straight on til morning!

What room category should I book in club level for yacht or beach club for fireworks view?

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: