Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 07-04-2011, 08:00 PM   #1786
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy
 
WDWKOOK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: NoVA
Posts: 16,091

Quote:
Originally Posted by Circusgirl View Post
I just returned from two glorious nights at the Poly in Club Level, and on Sunday night the hot appetizers were bacon wrapped chicken and duck potstickers. Monday night featured sushi and tuna poke.

There was also an array of beautifully arranged fruits, cheeses, vegies and dips, crackers, hummus, pitas and Uncrustables.

The presentation was lovely and the food was terrific. Here are some photos of the different offerings.

































































Thank you so much for posting those beautiful pictures. You covered all the offerings - wonderful!

I was feeling a little nervous about our upcoming Poly CL stay, but your comments and photos have made me feel much better. I hope you don't mind a few questions:

Would you book CL at the Poly again?

How was the condition of your room?

Was the lounge well maintained?

What is the Tuna Poke?

Thank you!
WDWKOOK is offline  
Old 07-04-2011, 08:10 PM   #1787
dfarner
I married my Prince Charming.
 
dfarner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Tennessee
Posts: 994

Quote:
Originally Posted by Circusgirl View Post
You can email your rave to:

wdw.guest.communications@disneyworld.com

I did this in January for a Poly CM and when I saw her last week on my next visit, she thanked me for the letter. The managers do get these communications, and it does make a difference for the CMs!
Thank you Circusgirl!
__________________

Me DH DD11 DD7

1992-2004 many offsite trips
2005-ASMo,ASMu,OKW 2006-SSR 2007-OKW 2008-POR and VWL 2009-Dolphin
2010-Grand Floridian~SugarLoaf
2011-Polynesian~GVCL
2013-Port Orleans Riverside, Beach Club~SVCL
dfarner is offline  
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 07-04-2011, 08:12 PM   #1788
Circusgirl
Queen of the Moisture Festival
ALLORA!!!
 
Circusgirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Upper left coast
Posts: 1,594

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK View Post
Thank you so much for posting those beautiful pictures. You covered all the offerings - wonderful!

I was feeling a little nervous about our upcoming Poly CL stay, but your comments and photos have made me feel much better. I hope you don't mind a few questions:

Would you book CL at the Poly again?

How was the condition of your room?

Was the lounge well maintained?

What is the Tuna Poke?

Thank you!

I would book again in a heartbeat. It exceeded my high expectations. It was meant to be a special treat, but of course now I only want to stay Club Level. I also benefitted from some fantastic pixie dust and was upgraded to a lagoon view from garden view. I had a fine view of the castle and fireworks. I hardly left my room and spent lots of relaxing time on the balcony.

My room was in the best condition of any of the rooms I've ever had at the Poly. It felt appropriately luxurious, especially in terms of size.

The lounge was lovely. There were different options for seating, and it was always clean and ready for guests. My only complaint is that the TV plays constantly. There is a second lounge area on the 3rd floor, just up the stairs from the main lounge, where there are tables with checkerboards, chairs,
sofas and another TV. They have games available to use in the area.

Tuna Poke is tuna sashimi in a light dressing and is a traditional Hawaiian dish.

I hope you have a wonderful time!
Circusgirl is offline  
Old 07-04-2011, 08:24 PM   #1789
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy
 
WDWKOOK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: NoVA
Posts: 16,091

Quote:
Originally Posted by Circusgirl View Post
I would book again in a heartbeat. It exceeded my high expectations. It was meant to be a special treat, but of course now I only want to stay Club Level. I also benefitted from some fantastic pixie dust and was upgraded to a lagoon view from garden view. I had a fine view of the castle and fireworks. I hardly left my room and spent lots of relaxing time on the balcony.

My room was in the best condition of any of the rooms I've ever had at the Poly. It felt appropriately luxurious, especially in terms of size.

The lounge was lovely. There were different options for seating, and it was always clean and ready for guests. My only complaint is that the TV plays constantly. There is a second lounge area on the 3rd floor, just up the stairs from the main lounge, where there are tables with checkerboards, chairs,
sofas and another TV. They have games available to use in the area.

Tuna Poke is tuna sashimi in a light dressing and is a traditional Hawaiian dish.

I hope you have a wonderful time!
Thank you, Circusgirl for answering my questions and getting me excited about our first CL stay there. I have been fussing over those bad reviews you sometimes read about the poor room condition/smells/CL, etc... you name it, I've read it recently. And, back in '07 we had a bad stay there and switched to another resort after 3 nights. I don't feel the "itch to switch" as much now after reading your review.

I was hoping that the Tuna Poke was a sashimi - yum! What an upgrade you received. I've heard that you're more likely to be upgraded for a short stay, so I won't expect that since we're there for 7 nights. I assume you would have liked it just as much even if you were on the GV side of Hawaii?

Did you book a bounceback? Thanks again for the great photos
WDWKOOK is offline  
Old 07-04-2011, 09:40 PM   #1790
CR Resort Fan 4 Life
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Posts: 39,674

Circusgirl,
I just wanted to say your photos of the food offerings and etc in the Polynesian Club Level lounge looks amazing, so thanks for posting them.
CR Resort Fan 4 Life is offline  
Old 07-04-2011, 11:26 PM   #1791
nroush313
Mouseketeer
 
nroush313's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 91

OMG Circusgirl THANK YOU SO MUCH!!! I am going to be staying there in December and those pictures are awesome!
__________________


Me/DW: 27 DH: 30 and our traveling partners: Dad: 57 Mom: 53
nroush313 is offline  
Old 07-05-2011, 05:22 AM   #1792
cinmell
The first person to reply on any thread needs to quote the OP. That way when someone does the delete of nevermind edit we know what was there LOVES U2 & COACH bags
 
cinmell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2000
Location: Home of the infamous Big Dig
Posts: 44,817

What are the time frames the Poly CL serves the breakfast/morning offerings, afternoon snacks and evening offerings?
__________________

~~My husband never thought anyone would read my post nevermind respond to it!~~
cinmell is offline  
Old 07-05-2011, 05:27 AM   #1793
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy
 
WDWKOOK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: NoVA
Posts: 16,091

Quote:
Originally Posted by cinmell View Post
What are the time frames the Poly CL serves the breakfast/morning offerings, afternoon snacks and evening offerings?
Hawaii Building -- 7:00 am - 10:00 pm
Tonga Building -- 7:00 am - 3:00 pm

Coffee
6:30am - 10am

Kakahiaka (Continental breakfast)
7am - 10:30am
Whole fresh fruit, pastries, bagels, English muffins, peanut butter, cream cheese, assorted condiments, cold cereals, milk, coffee, assorted teas & juice.

Auinala (Refreshments)
11:30am - 4pm
Whole fresh fruit, cookies, gummy worms, goldfish crackers, trail mix. Orange-guava juice, lemonade, tea, coffee, bottled water and sodas.

(Ahiahi)
5pm - 7pm
Hot item samples, cheese & crackers, vegetable platter & fruit. Wines and beer.

Aumoe
8pm - 10pm
Desserts and cordials.

All Day
7am - 10pm
Whole fresh fruit & beverages
WDWKOOK is offline  
Old 07-05-2011, 06:24 AM   #1794
hannahdrewmom
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 1,670

You guys are KILLING me!!! I still have like 9 months until we are at the poly CL.... but boy those food pics look great!!!
hannahdrewmom is offline  
Old 07-05-2011, 06:27 AM   #1795
ElizabethB
I have a raw meat fetish. Who knew!!??
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 4,302

Thanks for the pictures. Disappointing, however, to see they are serving the same awful and totally undrinkable merlot we had at BWI CL. And, it's the only red offered! Good grief, Disney must have gotten thousands of cases of that plonk for free. It's turning up everywhere.

We will be at GF RPC soon. I hope we don't see it there.
ElizabethB is offline  
Old 07-05-2011, 07:48 AM   #1796
TinkPirateMom
DIS Veteran
 
TinkPirateMom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: NJ
Posts: 941

Thanks for the CL pics Circusgirl! My husband will be thrilled to see Yuengling!
__________________
TinkPirateMom is offline  
Old 07-05-2011, 08:59 AM   #1797
bluejasmine
DIS Veteran
 
bluejasmine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Florida
Posts: 7,772

Thanks for the pics of the Poly CL, I cant wait to be back in Sept! I tell you when we stayed there last Sept, it was so relaxing so pampering and so much fun!

Im use to staying Value and going to commando so changing to deluxe and slowing things down.. Incredible! Our WDW vacations will always be done this way!
__________________
ASMo 2003/2005, ASMu 2009,Pop 2006/2013, SSR 2008, Poly CL 2010/2011/2013, GF CL 2012, AKL 2011, CR 2011, BC CL 2012, POR 2005/2012, CBR 2011, DCL Fantasy 2012, Hilton DTD 2011(2x) Best Western DTD 2010/2012
bluejasmine is offline  
Old 07-05-2011, 09:00 AM   #1798
Mrs K
Mouseketeer
 
Mrs K's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 461

Awesome pictures Circusgirl. we have stayed many times CL at the Poly and have loved it. The lounge offerings look even better thn ever.
__________________
Eileen

Dixilandings 1994
Poly 1997,'98,'99,'01,'02,'03,'04,'06,'07,'09
Grand Floridian July 2011, Back to the Poly June 2013, Trying the Beach Club March 2014
Mrs K is offline  
Old 07-05-2011, 09:03 AM   #1799
Deealee
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 85

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinkPirateMom View Post
Thanks for the CL pics Circusgirl! My husband will be thrilled to see Yuengling!

So will mine! Great pictures. Thanks for posting them.
Deealee is offline  
Old 07-05-2011, 09:34 AM   #1800
Tess
DIS Vet - 1997
Still thinking happy little thoughts. . .
The Tag Fairy sees and loves Tess too!
 
Tess's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 1999
Location: A Buckeye in Wolverine Country
Posts: 3,971

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElizabethB View Post
Thanks for the pictures. Disappointing, however, to see they are serving the same awful and totally undrinkable merlot we had at BWI CL. And, it's the only red offered! Good grief, Disney must have gotten thousands of cases of that plonk for free. It's turning up everywhere.

We will be at GF RPC soon. I hope we don't see it there.
That Merlot truly is nasty! One would think they could provide a better brand--the CLs used to offer a better Merlot.
__________________
Tess is offline  
Closed Thread



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:08 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.