Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 06-20-2011, 01:52 PM   #1651
CR Resort Fan 4 Life
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK View Post
Well, I still hope you get the fourth (CL) floor. But as you pointed out, if you get the third floor, you'll have a bigger balcony which is nice and you're just one flight of stairs away from the lounge.
Thank you and I am wondering did you make any room requests for your Club Level stay at the Polynesian?
Old 06-20-2011, 01:54 PM   #1652
osugal
Mouseketeer

Club Level Evening Cordials Question

Hi - I posted this on a different thread and realized it should have gone here.

We're staying BCR CL in September. First CL stay for us and we can't wait. I'm very excited about the evening cordials but I have no idea what to do with them. I'm not very experienced at mixing drinks - I usually have wine. I know you can put Bailey's in coffee but I can't drink coffee at night or I won't sleep. Do you drink most of those just over ice or do they have things to mix with them? Thanks!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-20-2011, 01:55 PM   #1653
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Quote:
Originally Posted by osugal View Post
Hi - I posted this on a different thread and realized it should have gone here.

We're staying BCR CL in September. First CL stay for us and we can't wait. I'm very excited about the evening cordials but I have no idea what to do with them. I'm not very experienced at mixing drinks - I usually have wine. I know you can put Bailey's in coffee but I can't drink coffee at night or I won't sleep. Do you drink most of those just over ice or do they have things to mix with them? Thanks!
I just answered you on the CL photo thread

This is what I posted:

I can only drink decaf. at night so I know that you can get decaf. at all the lounges. I think you just drink the cordials straight-up in small quantities since they don't really have the assortment necessary to make a mixed drink. The cooler the cordial, the less sweet it'll taste, so you can serve them on the rocks or room temp. if you prefer it to taste a little sweeter. You can also add Kahlua to milk which is a tasty nightcap.
Old 06-20-2011, 02:02 PM   #1654
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Quote:
Originally Posted by CR Resort Fan 4 Life View Post
Thank you and I am wondering did you make any room requests for your Club Level stay at the Polynesian?
It's great knowing we'll be in the Hawaii bldg. so I don't have to worry about that. I requested "3rd floor" (not so much because of the balcony, but because we wouldn't have any noise above us.) and "no connecting door" (again, so we don't have as much noise from guests next door.)

Did you make a BC request?
Old 06-20-2011, 02:04 PM   #1655
CR Resort Fan 4 Life
DIS Veteran

Quote:
It's great knowing we'll be in the Hawaii bldg. so I don't have to worry about that. I requested "3rd floor" (not so much because of the balcony, but because we wouldn't have any noise above us.) and "no connecting door" (again, so we don't have as much noise from guests next door.)

Did you make a BC request?
We didn't make any room requests for the Beach Club, because staying on the 5th floor was all we wanted and since we are only there for a couple of nights we didn't think it was important.
Old 06-20-2011, 03:36 PM   #1656
swwake
RIP our sweet Magic (09/27/10)

Quote:
Originally Posted by John's Mom View Post
Will be staying AKL CL in December. The IPO got all my ADRs for me.

If you needed an additional ADR, or wanted to change an ADR, would you contact the IPO Staff or would you do it yourself? And if you do it yourself, would you contact the IPO Staff and let them know?

The reason for asking: I checked on the availability of a restaurant and two times showed up--5:15pm and 6:25pm. I contacted the IPO and made my request for 6-6:30pm. I then received a confirmation for 5:15pm.

So, is it proper to make changes to your original itinerary instead of asking them? And, if you do, should you tell them? I don't want to hurt anyone's feelings. I just think it's less work for them.

I didn't have any of these problems on our last CL stay.

Kathy
I stayed AKL CL last year and had tons of trouble getting a LeCellier reservation. So the IPO told me to feel free to check as often as I wanted to and they would keep checking. They just said they'd add any ADR I got to my itinerary, and they did. I don't think they mind. They are there for your convenience, but they don't mind if you make plans on your own. Just be sure to tell them so you get it on your pretty itinerary when you check in.

Visit my travel blog: Oh, the Places We'll Go!
December 2011 PTR September 2010 Trip Report Oasis of the Seas Cruise TR Las Vegas TR
1974, 1983, 1987, 1989 off property * 1988 DL * 1989 Premiere Cruise & Disney * 1997 ASMu * 1998 CBR * 2000 DL * 2008 BC * 2010 AKL CL * 2011 Poly CL * 2013 CBR
Old 06-20-2011, 05:06 PM   #1657
aheaviside
Mouseketeer

I booked it!

So, after days of debating it, I called and upgraded to the 12th floor Atrium Club at the Contemporary. I'm still a little nervous about how much I'm spending but I'm very excited about the decision to stay there. We've got 2 young kids and not doing dining planso these were my main reasons for changing to club:
Having the extra lounge space will be nice; eating breakfast there before rope drop everyday as I didn't want to spend am time in a restaurant; using the lounge during younger kids nap time; watching wishes every night since it's January and could be cold and our kids need to go to bed early and not be out in the parks; kids renting dvds for nap/night time; and the wine, beer and dessert!

Thanks to everyone on this thread and all the boards for answering my million questions about every resort and club level and making me feel confident that I"m making a good decision! Now I just need to wait 7 more months to go!

CM on phone wasn't that nice so I didn't ask him too many questions about how/when Club person will contact me about ADRs. I'm sure there are threads here on this so need to see if I contact them or if they contact me.
Old 06-20-2011, 10:09 PM   #1658
CR Resort Fan 4 Life
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by aheaviside View Post
So, after days of debating it, I called and upgraded to the 12th floor Atrium Club at the Contemporary. I'm still a little nervous about how much I'm spending but I'm very excited about the decision to stay there. We've got 2 young kids and not doing dining planso these were my main reasons for changing to club:
Having the extra lounge space will be nice; eating breakfast there before rope drop everyday as I didn't want to spend am time in a restaurant; using the lounge during younger kids nap time; watching wishes every night since it's January and could be cold and our kids need to go to bed early and not be out in the parks; kids renting dvds for nap/night time; and the wine, beer and dessert!

Thanks to everyone on this thread and all the boards for answering my million questions about every resort and club level and making me feel confident that I"m making a good decision! Now I just need to wait 7 more months to go!

CM on phone wasn't that nice so I didn't ask him too many questions about how/when Club person will contact me about ADRs. I'm sure there are threads here on this so need to see if I contact them or if they contact me.
I hope you have a great time and I would say you made a great decision.
Old 06-21-2011, 09:03 PM   #1659
Dreamingin2010
Earning My Ears

First time CL stay, newbie questions. We are staying CL in a deluxe room(family of 6) in December for 4 nights. We are doing quick serve dining, so no ADR's this trip. I got a form letter a month ago but most of it was blank when I returned it. Should I email a small intro and any room request I have when it gets closer to the date?
Old 06-21-2011, 10:37 PM   #1660
CR Resort Fan 4 Life
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreamingin2010 View Post
First time CL stay, newbie questions. We are staying CL in a deluxe room(family of 6) in December for 4 nights. We are doing quick serve dining, so no ADR's this trip. I got a form letter a month ago but most of it was blank when I returned it. Should I email a small intro and any room request I have when it gets closer to the date?
We didn't make any ADR's when sending in that same letter, however we did put down some requests we have on there. So I would say it's good idea sending an e-mail to the IPO department of your resort if you have requests and etc.
Old 06-21-2011, 11:27 PM   #1661
logpey
Disney or bust!

CL Lagoon view POLY

I know there aren't balconies in CL second floor at POLY, but do the windows open at all or do they open like sliding doors?
2004 May/WL
2007 July S/D
2010 July/Aug/POLY CL
2011 July/POLY CL
2012 Mar/Aulani
2012 Sept/POR 2013 Feb/BCR CL 2013 OCT POR 2014 July/DCL
http://s809.photobucket.com/albums/zz17/logpey/ https://picasaweb.google.com/1069180...eat=directlink
Trip Report http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?p=43064690#post43064690
Dawn's Blog:http://dawnsdorkydiary.wordpress.com Disney podcast- http://mousequestpodcast.com/subscribe/

Last edited by logpey; 06-21-2011 at 11:32 PM.
Old 06-22-2011, 05:36 AM   #1662
WDWKOOK

Quote:
Originally Posted by logpey View Post
I know there aren't balconies in CL second floor at POLY, but do the windows open at all or do they open like sliding doors?
They are sliding glass doors that open:

Old 06-22-2011, 07:23 AM   #1663
Shmily1
DIS Veteran

I posted this on the AKL thread but didn't get an answer so I'll try here... I think maybe you are the ones that know all about CL anyway

Help! I know you guys on this thread know everything and now that we are down to the last 28 days (but who's counting!), I should get all my stuff together and figure out what I want to do.

With it being so hot, I'm not thinking we will want to do heavy lunches. I'm wondering if I just want to get snacks in the lounge or do meals at QS places. Can you point me to a list or tell me what was there in the lounge the last time you went? We will have DGS21 months with us so I'm also trying to make sure we have something good for him... then again, if they have gummy bears and cheese, he's a happy boy! If they had chocolate covered strawberries for lunch, DD would just eat those and be stuffed!

Thanks for all your help!
Old 06-22-2011, 07:47 AM   #1664
Aristocath
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shmily1 View Post
I posted this on the AKL thread but didn't get an answer so I'll try here... I think maybe you are the ones that know all about CL anyway

Help! I know you guys on this thread know everything and now that we are down to the last 28 days (but who's counting!), I should get all my stuff together and figure out what I want to do.

With it being so hot, I'm not thinking we will want to do heavy lunches. I'm wondering if I just want to get snacks in the lounge or do meals at QS places. Can you point me to a list or tell me what was there in the lounge the last time you went? We will have DGS21 months with us so I'm also trying to make sure we have something good for him... then again, if they have gummy bears and cheese, he's a happy boy! If they had chocolate covered strawberries for lunch, DD would just eat those and be stuffed!

Thanks for all your help!
We stayed CL at the Poly last August. We were seldom at the lounge around lunchtime so I can't give details about what was out but they don't really "do' lunch at the lounge. We usually just had a QS lunch and they did have snacky stuff later in the afternoon that we took to the pool. No fruit or cheese that I recall but things like gummy sharks, pretzels, popcorn, and chips and salsa.
Old 06-22-2011, 09:29 AM   #1665
logpey
Disney or bust!

Thank you!

Quote:
They are sliding glass doors that open:

I appreciate it, I couldn't tell from my pictures, Thanks! I can tell from yours.
2004 May/WL
2007 July S/D
2010 July/Aug/POLY CL
2011 July/POLY CL
2012 Mar/Aulani
2012 Sept/POR 2013 Feb/BCR CL 2013 OCT POR 2014 July/DCL
http://s809.photobucket.com/albums/zz17/logpey/ https://picasaweb.google.com/1069180...eat=directlink
Trip Report http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?p=43064690#post43064690
Dawn's Blog:http://dawnsdorkydiary.wordpress.com Disney podcast- http://mousequestpodcast.com/subscribe/
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: