Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 06-19-2011, 08:59 AM   #1636
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlw29 View Post
Odd question-- can you upgrade to CL benefits but have a room on a different floor? Simplified version of the situation - of four rooms, one wants club level services and lounge access but want all four rooms near each other which would have to be on a lower floor.

Thanks!
At the WL, for example, the non-suite CL rooms are located on the 7th floor. Last Christmas, I booked a courtyard view - high floor request and at check-in we were upgraded to CL ACCESS, meaning, we were able to keep our regular balcony room on a non-CL floor, but we had full CL privileges. This actually turned out much better for us because all of the 7th floor CL rooms are dormer-type rooms which have standing-only balconies. We had a "normal" balcony, which I much preferred.

I would email the IPO and ask them if this is possible and explain that you want your rooms together, but only one in your party wants to have CL access.

BLTtinkerbell, Kaffinito and CRRF4L mentioned Deluxe rooms. If you are in a Deluxe room, which in the case of the BC is actually less expensive than a water view room on the CL floor, you would be on a non-CL floor. This is the case in a Deluxe room at WL, BWI, BC and YC. These rooms offer more square footage, usually in the form of a sitting area with an extra TV, sofa, coffee table and chair, but they are not suites and come with full CL privileges.
Old 06-19-2011, 09:22 AM   #1637
aheaviside
Mouseketeer

club lounges crowded

Do the club lounges get crowded...specifically the 12th floor Contemporary lounge? I think I read that 64 rooms share this lounge? Seems like that could be a lot of people. We are going during off season...late Jan/early Feb.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-19-2011, 02:41 PM   #1638
CR Resort Fan 4 Life
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by aheaviside View Post
Do the club lounges get crowded...specifically the 12th floor Contemporary lounge? I think I read that 64 rooms share this lounge? Seems like that could be a lot of people. We are going during off season...late Jan/early Feb.
During my many stays up there we have never had problems getting tables and one reason is always going into the lounge before the food services begins.
Old 06-19-2011, 02:47 PM   #1639
CR Resort Fan 4 Life
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK View Post
BLTtinkerbell, Kaffinito and CRRF4L mentioned Deluxe rooms. If you are in a Deluxe room, which in the case of the BC is actually less expensive than a water view room on the CL floor, you would be on a non-CL floor. This is the case in a Deluxe room at WL, BWI, BC and YC. These rooms offer more square footage, usually in the form of a sitting area with an extra TV, sofa, coffee table and chair, but they are not suites and come with full CL privileges.
I just wanted to say one more time that at the BWI besides having some of their Deluxe Club Level rooms on the 3rd floor they also have some on their 4th floor which is where the Innkeepers Club Level lounge is located. So anyone staying there with that specifc room category also has a chance to stay on their specifc floor with their Club Level rooms.
Old 06-20-2011, 10:24 AM   #1640
ElizabethB
I have a raw meat fetish. Who knew!!??

A deluxe room at BC does not have an extra TV, a sofa or a chair. It does have more space, generally, than a regular room, but is furnished identically to a regular room. The bathroom is the same size and style as well. The BC deluxe room comes with Club Level service, but the rooms are not on the CL floor.
Old 06-20-2011, 10:33 AM   #1641
wdisneyaholic
DIS Veteran

Does anyone have any idea if the CL rooms at the YC are bigger than the reg rooms? We have stayed at the YC many times in a standard room but never in a CL room. TIA
Old 06-20-2011, 10:42 AM   #1642
DisneyMomx7
DIS Veteran

YC CL and YC standard rooms are all the same size.

GF-2003,2004,2005,2006,2008,2009,2011,2013,2014
YC-2006,2007,2008,2014 POLY- 2006,2007,2008
BC-2008,2009,2010,2011,2012,2013
HRH-2004,2006, RPR-2012, 2014
Old 06-20-2011, 10:43 AM   #1643
swwake
RIP our sweet Magic (09/27/10)

Today is the 180 mark for us. I logged into our reservation this morning and all of our ADRs were there!! Later (around 9am my time), I received an email from the IPO with our itinerary attached. We got everything we wanted on the days we wanted them, but a couple of the times are different from what we wanted. 'Ohana is later than we wanted on the MVMCP night, so we may cancel that. California Grill is 7:40pm and we had requested 8:15. I think it will still be fine for Wishes viewing.

Just wanted to update about how the Poly IPO handled it for us. I am very pleased.

Visit my travel blog: Oh, the Places We'll Go!
December 2011 PTR September 2010 Trip Report Oasis of the Seas Cruise TR Las Vegas TR
1974, 1983, 1987, 1989 off property * 1988 DL * 1989 Premiere Cruise & Disney * 1997 ASMu * 1998 CBR * 2000 DL * 2008 BC * 2010 AKL CL * 2011 Poly CL * 2013 CBR
Old 06-20-2011, 02:16 PM   #1644
John's Mom
Jambo Wildbunch Gang
AKL Lover

ADRs

Will be staying AKL CL in December. The IPO got all my ADRs for me.

If you needed an additional ADR, or wanted to change an ADR, would you contact the IPO Staff or would you do it yourself? And if you do it yourself, would you contact the IPO Staff and let them know?

The reason for asking: I checked on the availability of a restaurant and two times showed up--5:15pm and 6:25pm. I contacted the IPO and made my request for 6-6:30pm. I then received a confirmation for 5:15pm.

So, is it proper to make changes to your original itinerary instead of asking them? And, if you do, should you tell them? I don't want to hurt anyone's feelings. I just think it's less work for them.

I didn't have any of these problems on our last CL stay.

Kathy

Old 06-20-2011, 02:17 PM   #1645
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElizabethB View Post
A deluxe room at BC does not have an extra TV, a sofa or a chair. It does have more space, generally, than a regular room, but is furnished identically to a regular room. The bathroom is the same size and style as well. The BC deluxe room comes with Club Level service, but the rooms are not on the CL floor.
Yes, thanks for mentioning this. The BC is the only Deluxe/CL room that doesn't have the extra TV. The BC Deluxe room is larger than a regular room at 533 sq. ft. Vs. 380 sq. ft. and it has a marble foyer. There is a small alcove with a daybed and coffee table, but not an extra chair and TV. They are located on floors 1-4, with CL being on the 5th floor.

For those who are wondering:

The YC has a Deluxe room which they call a Jr. Suite and it has a sitting area with a TV, sofa, chair and table.

BWI's Deluxe rooms are about 200 sq. ft. larger than a regular room and they also have the sitting area with the extra TV.

WL's Deluxe room is 500 sq. ft. Vs. 340 sq. ft. for a regular room and it has a small parlor with an extra TV, sofa, coffee table and chair.

While the GF and CR and CSR have Deluxe rooms, they don't have CL access and the Poly and AKL don't offer any Deluxe rooms.

Last edited by WDWKOOK; 06-20-2011 at 06:17 PM.
Old 06-20-2011, 02:25 PM   #1646
WDWKOOK

Quote:
Originally Posted by John's Mom View Post
Will be staying AKL CL in December. The IPO got all my ADRs for me.

If you needed an additional ADR, or wanted to change an ADR, would you contact the IPO Staff or would you do it yourself? And if you do it yourself, would you contact the IPO Staff and let them know?

The reason for asking: I checked on the availability of a restaurant and two times showed up--5:15pm and 6:25pm. I contacted the IPO and made my request for 6-6:30pm. I then received a confirmation for 5:15pm.

So, is it proper to make changes to your original itinerary instead of asking them? And, if you do, should you tell them? I don't want to hurt anyone's feelings. I just think it's less work for them.

I didn't have any of these problems on our last CL stay.

Kathy
Personally, I make the changes myself. It's quick and the "My Disney Vacation" itinerary updates instantly, whereas the IPO's itinerary has to be revised by the CM.

Recently, the WL noticed I had changed some ADRs so they updated my itinerary and emailed a correct copy. But, the Poly did not revise my itinerary so when they emailed it to me it was the version prior to my changing ADRs around. I just print out the MDV itinerary and when I check-in, the IPO will hopefully give me the revised copy, too. You can also email the IPO and tell them you made changes and would like an updated version and they will be more than happy to email it to you.
Old 06-20-2011, 02:29 PM   #1647
CR Resort Fan 4 Life
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElizabethB View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK
Yes, thanks for mentioning this. The BC is the only Deluxe/CL room that doesn't have the extra TV. The BC Deluxe room is larger than a regular room at 533 sq. ft. Vs. 380 sq. ft. and it has a marble foyer. There is a small alcove with a daybed and coffee table, but not an extra chair and TV. They are located on floors 1-4, with CL being on the 5th floor.
Wow after reading this I am even more happy we didn't reserve their Deluxe Room. The main reason we choose their Lagoon View - Club Level room was to be on the same floor was the lounge, however I had assumed that they had a second TV like the Deluxe Rooms at the Boardwalk Inn and that's one thing we liked about it. So I would have been saying where is the other TV when walking into that room if we had reserved it.
Old 06-20-2011, 02:36 PM   #1648
WDWKOOK

Quote:
Originally Posted by CR Resort Fan 4 Life View Post
Wow after reading this I am even more happy we didn't reserve their Deluxe Room. The main reason we choose their Lagoon View - Club Level room was to be on the same floor was the lounge, however I had assumed that they had a second TV like the Deluxe Rooms at the Boardwalk Inn and that's one thing we liked about it. So I would have been saying where is the other TV when walking into that room if we had reserved it.
I'm glad you're pleased with your booking. I know being on the CL floor is important to your parents. As I see it though, that's really the only possible disadvantage of the BC Deluxe room (for some) because it's actually less expensive than a regular/LV-CL room but, it's 153 sq. ft. larger and doesn't have a connecting door and some have double balconies.
Old 06-20-2011, 02:43 PM   #1649
CR Resort Fan 4 Life
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK View Post
I'm glad you're pleased with your booking. I know being on the CL floor is important to your parents. As I see it though, that's really the only possible disadvantage of the BC Deluxe room (for some) because it's actually less expensive than a regular/LV-CL room but, it's 153 sq. ft. larger and doesn't have a connecting door and some have double balconies.
The cost of their Deluxe Room is what got our attention because we had thought it would be around the cost we are paying for the Deluxe Room had the Boardwalk Inn. However when we saw they are located between the 1st - 4th floors we then said it's better to spend a little more and go with their Standard Room on the 5th floor.

The funny thing is at the Boardwalk Inn we might get a Deluxe Room on the 3rd floor and have to walk up the stairs to the 4th floor when going to the lounge. However the good thing is we had a Deluxe Room on the 3rd floor in August 2010 so we know how it works. Plus the one advantage is we get a bigger balcony compared to the Deluxe Rooms on the 4th floor. We requested a 4th floor room when making the reservations and with the IPO, however if we don't get it we won't be disappointed.
Old 06-20-2011, 02:47 PM   #1650
WDWKOOK

Quote:
Originally Posted by CR Resort Fan 4 Life View Post
The cost of their Deluxe Room is what got our attention because we had thought it would be around the cost we are paying for the Deluxe Room had the Boardwalk Inn. However when we saw they are located between the 1st - 4th floors we then said it's better to spend a little more and go with their Standard Room on the 5th floor.

The funny thing is at the Boardwalk Inn we might get a Deluxe Room on the 3rd floor and have to walk up the stairs to the 4th floor when going to the lounge. However the good thing is we had a Deluxe Room on the 3rd floor in August 2010 so we know how it works. Plus the one advantage is we get a bigger balcony compared to the Deluxe Rooms on the 4th floor. We requested a 4th floor room when making the reservations and with the IPO, however if we don't get it we won't be disappointed.
Well, I still hope you get the fourth (CL) floor. But as you pointed out, if you get the third floor, you'll have a bigger balcony which is nice and you're just one flight of stairs away from the lounge.
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: