Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 06-11-2011, 06:11 PM   #1606
britfish
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisa S. View Post
We were staying CL at the CR, but got switched to the GF. I had been in contact with IPO for a few things and had them make spa appointments for me and my mom to get 50-minute massages.

When I got an updated itinerary from IPO, the massages weren't listed. I wrote back and asked about them (giving the date, time, massage requested, and length of massage), and was told not to worry, that they were definitely booked.

It was really bugging me that I didn't have confirmation of the massages, so finally I decided to call the spa and check. Boy, am I glad I did.

First, the wonderfully patient woman I spoke with couldn't find the reservations at all. Then, she discovered that both my last name and my mom's last name were misspelled (which is why she couldn't find them). Then, she discovered that we were both booked for an 80-minute massage instead of a 50-minute! She fixed everything for me, so I am hopeful that everything will be ok.

Just wanted to share and let you know that you all might want to double-check anything that IPO does for you.
Lisa, funny you posted this story because I had a similiar situation recently. I gave the CR IPO all the info. to book two massages, one for me and one for DH and they said they would take care of it at the 90 day mark. That 90 day date came and went and I just assumed it was done. Then they switched us to the GF (because of the renov.) so I emailed the IPO (its the same as the CR) and confirmed our apts.. They said they were not made but they would do it. Well I don't know if I was supposed to get an email from them but I kind of wanted to know what time the apt. was so I called the spa directly. They had made it, but they made it as a couples massage not two seperate ones. No biggie, I could change it, however I am finding the communication to be lacking. A courtesy confirmation email would be nice. Now I am wondering if I should call and confirm DD's pirate cruise.....I thought that was why I had the IPO.
Old 06-11-2011, 06:16 PM   #1607
John's Mom
Jambo Wildbunch Gang
AKL Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polyluvr View Post
Hi all !! I recently upgraded our sept trip to AKL CL ; we have stayed CL at the POLY but never the AKL.
I was wondering if someone can tell me about what room/savannah area to request ?

And I was wondering if someone could point me in the direction of some pictures of the lounge ?

Any hints or helpful tips would also be greatly appreciated !

Thanks so much
The Club Level rooms are located on the 4th floor facing the Arusha Savanna (main savanna). The rooms could be on the Zebra Trail or Kudu Trail (to the right or left of the lobby). They are usually located close to the lobby.

I usually request a room on the Zebra Trail. The pool and restaurants are located on this side of the lodge.

Kathy

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-11-2011, 07:52 PM   #1608
Lisa S.
Trip planner extradordinaire!

Quote:
Originally Posted by britfish View Post
Lisa, funny you posted this story because I had a similiar situation recently. I gave the CR IPO all the info. to book two massages, one for me and one for DH and they said they would take care of it at the 90 day mark. That 90 day date came and went and I just assumed it was done. Then they switched us to the GF (because of the renov.) so I emailed the IPO (its the same as the CR) and confirmed our apts.. They said they were not made but they would do it. Well I don't know if I was supposed to get an email from them but I kind of wanted to know what time the apt. was so I called the spa directly. They had made it, but they made it as a couples massage not two seperate ones. No biggie, I could change it, however I am finding the communication to be lacking. A courtesy confirmation email would be nice. Now I am wondering if I should call and confirm DD's pirate cruise.....I thought that was why I had the IPO.
Glad you got it straightened out! It seems like there is a breakdown somewhere between IPO and the spa. I'd definitely double-check on the pirate cruise too - better that then to have a sad DD!
Old 06-12-2011, 12:10 PM   #1609
pas130
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Hi all !! I recently upgraded our sept trip to AKL CL ; we have stayed CL at the POLY but never the AKL.
I was wondering if someone can tell me about what room/savannah area to request ?

And I was wondering if someone could point me in the direction of some pictures of the lounge ?

Any hints or helpful tips would also be greatly appreciated !

Thanks so much
I never thought to take pics of the lounge, (my first CL stay AND I wasn't part of the DIS yet) But this was the view from the lounge

JungleCruiser*Sarah,forever in my heart*
Old 06-13-2011, 09:50 AM   #1610
Polyluvr
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by CR Resort Fan 4 Life View Post
Here is a link to the Club Level lounge photo thread which should have pictures of the lounge at the Animal Kingdom Lodge.
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1944096

Thanks so much for the link !!!
Old 06-13-2011, 09:51 AM   #1611
Polyluvr
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by John's Mom View Post
The Club Level rooms are located on the 4th floor facing the Arusha Savanna (main savanna). The rooms could be on the Zebra Trail or Kudu Trail (to the right or left of the lobby). They are usually located close to the lobby.

I usually request a room on the Zebra Trail. The pool and restaurants are located on this side of the lodge.

Kathy
Thank you for the reply ! I will request Zebra trail
Old 06-13-2011, 09:52 AM   #1612
Polyluvr
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pas130 View Post
I never thought to take pics of the lounge, (my first CL stay AND I wasn't part of the DIS yet) But this was the view from the lounge

Thank you for sharing the picture I have never seen the lobby from that vantage point Can't wait !!~~
Old 06-13-2011, 01:35 PM   #1613
CR Resort Fan 4 Life
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Thanks so much for the link !!!
You're welcome.
Old 06-14-2011, 10:10 PM   #1614
kaffinito
Grant me the Serenity to Accept the Reservations I Cannot Change
Lock yourself in there for a few minutes and sing a happy song until the angry gerbils in your head stop stomping on your brain!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CR Resort Fan 4 Life View Post
Here is a link to the Club Level lounge photo thread which should have pictures of the lounge at the Animal Kingdom Lodge.
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1944096
Thanks for the link! Maybe if I look at some pics I won't want to switch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pas130 View Post
Nice pic!

Old 06-14-2011, 10:19 PM   #1615
CR Resort Fan 4 Life
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaffinito View Post
Thanks for the link! Maybe if I look at some pics I won't want to switch.
What if you saw pictures of the other lounges at a resort you never thought of staying at and liked them, what would you do?
Old 06-16-2011, 01:18 PM   #1616
John's Mom
Jambo Wildbunch Gang
AKL Lover

AKL Club Level

Having a great experience with the IPO at AKL. Whenever I send an email, I receive an answer within 24 hours. June 15 was our 180-day mark and just before 7am I received an email with all my requested ADRs with the exact time except for two.

In the past I usually worked with Don, an excellent CM. I was sad to hear that he is temporarily arranging accommodations for the new Hawaiian Resort.

Kathy

Old 06-16-2011, 01:36 PM   #1617
Tess
DIS Vet - 1997
Still thinking happy little thoughts. . .
The Tag Fairy sees and loves Tess too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by John's Mom View Post
Having a great experience with the IPO at AKL. Whenever I send an email, I receive an answer within 24 hours. June 15 was our 180-day mark and just before 7am I received an email with all my requested ADRs with the exact time except for two.

In the past I usually worked with Don, an excellent CM. I was sad to hear that he is temporarily arranging accommodations for the new Hawaiian Resort.

Kathy
I believe it is the same Don that used to be a CM at the Polynesian prior to construction of AKL. If so, we know how you feel--AKL stole him from us.

Wonderful news for Don though. Perhaps he will get to open Aulani!
Old 06-16-2011, 03:19 PM   #1618
aheaviside
Mouseketeer

What kind of wine do they serve at the CR club level 12th floor lounge? Anyone know specific brands? Can we get wine post 7 pm?
Old 06-16-2011, 03:20 PM   #1619
CR Resort Fan 4 Life
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by aheaviside View Post
What kind of wine do they serve at the CR club level 12th floor lounge? Anyone know specific brands? Can we get wine post 7 pm?
I can't remember what specifc brands of Wine they have, however you can get it until 10:00 PM.
Old 06-17-2011, 02:33 PM   #1620
aheaviside
Mouseketeer

Need help. I called today and got Club level prices for last week Jan/Feb. and 12th floor atrium club at CR are available still. I'm booked in Bay lake view now. W/AAA discount, it's still about $131.00 more per night! Question is- do you think I will use Club level enough to get my money's worth? The mixed reviews are scaring me.

Reasons for booking CL:
1. 4 and 3 old and 3 yr old naps so thought it would be nice to have the lounge to get snacks for 4 yr old, hang out in middle day for a short while, etc as we will be coming back mid-day everyday.
2. like to do rope drop everyday and it seems like CL would save us alot of time in the morning instead of CS or TS breakfast.
3. Adults would drink beer/wine in afternoon/evenings
4. It may be cold so watching Wishes in lounge (early in Jan at 8 pm) would be ideal and then put kids straight down to bed. We probably wouldn't keep kids at a park that late at night. Is View Very good from 12th?

Cons:
1. Price, Price and Price!
2. not sure if 4 yr old will like cold breakfast- he's a waffle/pancakes sort of kid so wondering if we will have to stop and get him something different which defeats purpose of CL breakfast!
3. I will make ADR's and do ALL planning myself
4. Husband is wine/beer snob (in wine business) so he may not like the offerings but I saw some good beers in the pics!!

Would LOVE your thoughts on whether Club Level would be worth it for our family of 4 at CR in late January!!
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: