Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 06-08-2011, 06:51 AM   #1591
vettegirl
Proud USAF Wife!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoohNFriends View Post
When we were there 2 years ago they had Grand Marnier; a premixed fruity drink that has orange-guava-passion fruit juice, pinapple juice, rose wine, grand marnier, and a few other things (sooo tasty); and I think Kahlua & Amarula (which is similar to Bailey's, and possible one other thing. But none of your typical "call" liquors to make mixed drinks with.
I'm sure someone has been there since me and can provide updated info on offerings.
Thanks for letting me know the offerings. It looks like we will be swinging by Shades of Green to by a bottle of rum or vodka instead.
Old 06-08-2011, 07:28 AM   #1592
Gipperland
Mouseketeer

We have reservations for WL CL in Aug. We stayed at the Poly CL 10 years ago and loved it. Having never stayed CL at WL would love any and all info I can get.
I have a son with lots of allergies and can only drink bottled water. Will they get him bottled water?
What are the food selection like?
Are all CL rooms on the same floor?
Any room request that I should make?
Thanks for any and all help.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-08-2011, 10:51 AM   #1593
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gipperland View Post
We have reservations for WL CL in Aug. We stayed at the Poly CL 10 years ago and loved it. Having never stayed CL at WL would love any and all info I can get.
I have a son with lots of allergies and can only drink bottled water. Will they get him bottled water?
What are the food selection like?
Are all CL rooms on the same floor?
Any room request that I should make?
Thanks for any and all help.
We stayed WL/CL for Christmas and we loved the lounge. The lounge was kept neat and tidy and the food replenished quickly. All the CL rooms are on the 7th floor except for the suites. The only drawback is that the 7th floor only have standing/dormer balconies. On the first page of this thread, I have a link to my WL/CL photos.

Unfortunately, the club levels have stopped offering menus so the selections aren't always predictable, but these are some of the Old Faithful Club offerings from 5-7:

Soup
Grilled/marinated chicken on skewers (usually one hot dish per evening)
Pulled pork BBQ with slider buns
Various cold salads
Smoked salmon dip
Crackers and various cubed cheeses
Fresh fruit and bread
Uncrustables cut in half
Raw vegetables with hummus dip
Buffalo sausage
Salmon patties
Beer/wine

Every evening between 8-10 they serve a delicious, fresh hot cobbler and other desserts and cordials. Breakfast is pictured in my photos and oatmeal is offered seasonally.

I already answered your water question on the WL thread:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gipperland
We have ressies for Aug for concierge I too have questions. My son has allergies and we only let him have bottled water when not home. I read that they don't have bottled water any more. Silly things that I worry about...

My reply:
While they don't put out the small bottles of water, they do have the large glass bottles of water. If there is any dietary requirement your son has, don't hesitate to email the IPO and tell them that your son has allergies and ask if they have available what you need.
Old 06-09-2011, 07:33 AM   #1594
Gipperland
Mouseketeer

Thank you so much for all the info! I did read the 1st page, but it is obvious I need to go back. Back to page one... :-)
Old 06-09-2011, 09:27 AM   #1595
woodkins
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK View Post
Thanks, woodkins! I missed two very important letters in her post: CL. I must have just been excited about posting a photo of the Lapu Lapu
If only the Lapu Lapu was included in the CL offerings...I would never leave the lounge

7/14 BC, 4/14 ASSP, 10/13 POLY, 8/13 WL, 4/13 WORLDS @ASMu, 11/12 Aulani 9/12 AKL, 7/12 BC, 10/11 POLY, 9/10 POLY, 12/09 POP, 9/09 GF, 2/09 POFQ, 12/08 POLY, 5/08 POLY, 12/07 POLY, 5/07 ASSp, 12/07 CB, 9/07 AKL, 12/06 ASMo, 9/06 WL,
Old 06-09-2011, 10:49 AM   #1596
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gipperland View Post
Thank you so much for all the info! I did read the 1st page, but it is obvious I need to go back. Back to page one... :-)
You're welcome.

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodkins View Post
If only the Lapu Lapu was included in the CL offerings...I would never leave the lounge

Yep, that would be one crowded and crazy lounge
Old 06-09-2011, 02:56 PM   #1597
CR Resort Fan 4 Life
DIS Veteran

Is there a fridge for drinks in the Beach Club lounge?

I was wondering in the Beach Club lounge do they have a fridge where they keep their drinks like at the Contemporary or do they have a bucket filled with ice where they keep the drinks like at the Boardwalk Inn?
Old 06-09-2011, 03:02 PM   #1598
TJA
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by CR Resort Fan 4 Life View Post
I was wondering in the Beach Club lounge do they have a fridge where they keep their drinks like at the Contemporary or do they have a bucket filled with ice where they keep the drinks like at the Boardwalk Inn?
It was a fridge as of 2 months ago.
2006 ~ YC & BC
2007 ~ Poly & BC & CR
2008 ~ POR & WL & BC
2009 ~ CBR & BC CL
2010 ~ Poly & CR / BC CL
2011 ~ BC CL & Poly CL
2012 ~ WL & BC CL / CR CL
2013 ~ BC CL & Poly CL & WL CL
2014 ~ Poly CL TPV & BC CL, Poly CL TPV again
Old 06-09-2011, 03:11 PM   #1599
Momtomouselover
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by CR Resort Fan 4 Life View Post
Sodas are kept in a fridge during the day. They add beer to the fridge in the evening. Lemonade and tea are in big glass containers next to a bucket of ice.
Old 06-09-2011, 07:16 PM   #1600
Donald is #1
DIS Veteran

Yay -- IPO! They called me today to let me know that the Wishes Dessert Parties are now booking out into August. So I called them back & we are booked! That was the last reservation that I need for my August trip.

Thanks Kimmar
Go Red Sox & Patriots!
Old 06-09-2011, 09:27 PM   #1601
CR Resort Fan 4 Life
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJA View Post
It was a fridge as of 2 months ago.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Momtomouselover
Sodas are kept in a fridge during the day. They add beer to the fridge in the evening. Lemonade and tea are in big glass containers next to a bucket of ice.
Thank you both for your replies.
Old 06-11-2011, 12:34 PM   #1602
Jungle Cruiser
DIS Veteran

We are currently staying in Sugar Loaf at the GF and the food offerings have been amazing as well as a large variety. We were considering staying club level at the WL in the fall. From what information I can find the selection at the WL is substationally less. We would love to try club level at the WL but could use a bit more information. Can anyone help by giving me a comparison?
Old 06-11-2011, 03:07 PM   #1603
Lisa S.
Trip planner extradordinaire!

Sometimes it's good to double-check. . .

We were staying CL at the CR, but got switched to the GF. I had been in contact with IPO for a few things and had them make spa appointments for me and my mom to get 50-minute massages.

When I got an updated itinerary from IPO, the massages weren't listed. I wrote back and asked about them (giving the date, time, massage requested, and length of massage), and was told not to worry, that they were definitely booked.

It was really bugging me that I didn't have confirmation of the massages, so finally I decided to call the spa and check. Boy, am I glad I did.

First, the wonderfully patient woman I spoke with couldn't find the reservations at all. Then, she discovered that both my last name and my mom's last name were misspelled (which is why she couldn't find them). Then, she discovered that we were both booked for an 80-minute massage instead of a 50-minute! She fixed everything for me, so I am hopeful that everything will be ok.

Just wanted to share and let you know that you all might want to double-check anything that IPO does for you.

Last edited by Lisa S.; 06-11-2011 at 03:57 PM.
Old 06-11-2011, 03:44 PM   #1604
Polyluvr
DIS Veteran

Hi all !! I recently upgraded our sept trip to AKL CL ; we have stayed CL at the POLY but never the AKL.
I was wondering if someone can tell me about what room/savannah area to request ?

And I was wondering if someone could point me in the direction of some pictures of the lounge ?

Any hints or helpful tips would also be greatly appreciated !

Thanks so much
Old 06-11-2011, 05:09 PM   #1605
CR Resort Fan 4 Life
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polyluvr View Post
And I was wondering if someone could point me in the direction of some pictures of the lounge ?
Here is a link to the Club Level lounge photo thread which should have pictures of the lounge at the Animal Kingdom Lodge.
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1944096
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: