Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 06-02-2011, 10:59 AM   #1546
CR Resort Fan 4 Life
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pixarmom View Post
Thanks so much! Both sound great, and I appreciate the information. We'll be at BWI and BC around the same time as your family - arriving BWI CL August 23-25, 3-day Disney cruise, and BC CL August 28-29!
Well maybe I will see you in the lounge at the BWI.
Old 06-02-2011, 12:22 PM   #1547
swwake
RIP our sweet Magic (09/27/10)

Hi everyone! I'm taking a gamble here that my travel party won't stalk me and figure out my surprise. A few weeks ago, I decided to upgrade us to CL at the Poly. (Last year we stayed CL at AKL and really enjoyed it, but I'm hoping to have more time to spend in the lounge on this trip.)

Only my husband and I know about the CL. As far as my daughter, sister and my niece, they will not know until we arrive at the Poly and are whisked off to the Hawaii longhouse for check-in. Then I'll have to explain to them what it all means. I'm pretty excited about all of this, and not having to make a room request makes it even better.

After switching to CL, I sent an email to the IPO to introduce myself, and they sent me the planning form immediately. I held onto it until yesterday (199 days out), when I completed the form and sent it to the IPO. (I also had them secure our MVMCP tickets right after they went on sale and I have them in-hand!)

I was so excited to receive an email back within a couple of hours, complete with our confirmed itinerary and our requested ADRs (they will attempt reserve at the 180 day mark). It's just so cool to see the itinerary document!

I know there have recently been some questions about communicating with the IPOs. I recommend emailing the IPO as soon as you have confirmed your CL reservation. Neither for AKL last year nor for this year's planned trip have I ever had an issue with the IPO's responsiveness, and they are extremely friendly and helpful!

Visit my travel blog: Oh, the Places We'll Go!
December 2011 PTR September 2010 Trip Report Oasis of the Seas Cruise TR Las Vegas TR
1974, 1983, 1987, 1989 off property * 1988 DL * 1989 Premiere Cruise & Disney * 1997 ASMu * 1998 CBR * 2000 DL * 2008 BC * 2010 AKL CL * 2011 Poly CL * 2013 CBR
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-02-2011, 01:38 PM   #1548
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Quote:
Originally Posted by swwake View Post
Hi everyone! I'm taking a gamble here that my travel party won't stalk me and figure out my surprise. A few weeks ago, I decided to upgrade us to CL at the Poly. (Last year we stayed CL at AKL and really enjoyed it, but I'm hoping to have more time to spend in the lounge on this trip.)

Only my husband and I know about the CL. As far as my daughter, sister and my niece, they will not know until we arrive at the Poly and are whisked off to the Hawaii longhouse for check-in. Then I'll have to explain to them what it all means. I'm pretty excited about all of this, and not having to make a room request makes it even better.

After switching to CL, I sent an email to the IPO to introduce myself, and they sent me the planning form immediately. I held onto it until yesterday (199 days out), when I completed the form and sent it to the IPO. (I also had them secure our MVMCP tickets right after they went on sale and I have them in-hand!)

I was so excited to receive an email back within a couple of hours, complete with our confirmed itinerary and our requested ADRs (they will attempt reserve at the 180 day mark). It's just so cool to see the itinerary document!

I know there have recently been some questions about communicating with the IPOs. I recommend emailing the IPO as soon as you have confirmed your CL reservation. Neither for AKL last year nor for this year's planned trip have I ever had an issue with the IPO's responsiveness, and they are extremely friendly and helpful!
What a wonderful surprise for your DD, DSis and DN. I'm glad your Poly IPO experience has thus far been a positive one. I hope you have a great vacation!

BTW, back in '01 when I last lived in San Angelo, I remember attending the opening day of the first Krispy Kreme in Austin
Old 06-02-2011, 01:43 PM   #1549
swwake
RIP our sweet Magic (09/27/10)

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK View Post
BTW, back in '01 when I last lived in San Angelo, I remember attending the opening day of the first Krispy Kreme in Austin
Very cool. The one North on 183? I don't remember if that one came before the one in Round Rock. They have since closed the Round Rock one and I don't remember seeing the one on 183 lately either. That would be a shame, not to get our "HOT DONUTS NOW".

Visit my travel blog: Oh, the Places We'll Go!
December 2011 PTR September 2010 Trip Report Oasis of the Seas Cruise TR Las Vegas TR
1974, 1983, 1987, 1989 off property * 1988 DL * 1989 Premiere Cruise & Disney * 1997 ASMu * 1998 CBR * 2000 DL * 2008 BC * 2010 AKL CL * 2011 Poly CL * 2013 CBR
Old 06-03-2011, 10:08 AM   #1550
pas130
DIS Veteran

Also posted in GF thread

Sooooooooooooooo, today is my 180 day mark for GF SL. This morning (630am to be exact) IPO sent my itinerary for our trip, and I think they did fantastic! I am very pleased. And very excited.

Aug 14 TR: Go with the flow dudeJungleCruiser*Sarah,forever in my heart*
Old 06-03-2011, 11:20 AM   #1551
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Quote:
Originally Posted by swwake View Post
Very cool. The one North on 183? I don't remember if that one came before the one in Round Rock. They have since closed the Round Rock one and I don't remember seeing the one on 183 lately either. That would be a shame, not to get our "HOT DONUTS NOW".
Yes, no HOT DONUTS NOW would be a shame, heck, even a room temperature KK isn't so bad, but none at all in Austin? Guess you'll have to go to San Antonio?

Quote:
Originally Posted by pas130 View Post
Sooooooooooooooo, today is my 180 day mark for GF SL. This morning (630am to be exact) IPO sent my itinerary for our trip, and I think they did fantastic! I am very pleased. And very excited.
Just curious, did they contact you first? Since I've, umm, switched CLs so many times, after the first booking, they don't seem to contact me first. I've got everything booked already, but I do wonder if the current IPO has lost track of me
Old 06-03-2011, 12:06 PM   #1552
pas130
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK View Post
Just curious, did they contact you first? Since I've, umm, switched CLs so many times, after the first booking, they don't seem to contact me first. I've got everything booked already, but I do wonder if the current IPO has lost track of me
They sent me an email probably 2-3 days after I booked.Maybe because I booked so close to the 180 day mark. I feel bad that the WL and GF were so on top of everything for my August trip totally feel like I wasted their time I've been back and forth with the IPO so many times now, I sent them our flights for ME, then they bought the MVMCP tix, now the dining. My heads spinning planning 2 trips at once

Aug 14 TR: Go with the flow dudeJungleCruiser*Sarah,forever in my heart*
Old 06-03-2011, 10:02 PM   #1553
britfish
DIS Veteran

What time does beer become available in the lounge?
If I requeste a few beers and sodas be put in our room fridge for our arrival what would the charge be for this service? It would be a type of beer served on CL.
Old 06-04-2011, 07:35 AM   #1554
WDWKOOK

Quote:
Originally Posted by britfish View Post
What time does beer become available in the lounge?
If I requeste a few beers and sodas be put in our room fridge for our arrival what would the charge be for this service? It would be a type of beer served on CL.
Beer is put out at 5:00. You can request that soda be put in your fridge at no charge. Also, you can take beer and soda and place it in your fridge yourself, however, due to state laws, I believe that you (or another adult in your party who is 21 or over) must hand-carry the alcohol back to your room yourself. I don't think that the concierge can place alcohol in your fridge for you, but this is only an assumption on my part and I don't have any experience with this myself. All you would have to do to verify this is to email the IPO and ask them and they should respond fairly quickly.
Old 06-04-2011, 07:35 PM   #1555
saquin
Mouseketeer

I haven't read through this whole 100+ page thread so, sorry if this has been asked and answered...

Can anyone tell me where exactly the Beach Club CL lounge is on this map of the BC 5th floor?
http://www.disneyzone.net/ResortMaps/bcfourthfloor.jpg
(I know the link says "fourth floor" but it's of the 4th and 5th floors)

The map is from when there was no concierge level at BC so it doesn't show where the lounge is.

I'm just curious because I'd like to know what kind of room request to make. I'd like to be somewhat near the lounge.

Thanks!

March 1978 - Contemporary ... April 1981 - HiQ on I-Drive... April 1985 - Polynesian... November 2007 - Yacht Club... November 2008 - Yacht Club... November 2011 - Beach Club... April 2012 - Beach Club... November 2012 - Beach Club... May 2013 - Beach Club... November 2013 - Beach Club... May 2014 - Beach Club
Old 06-05-2011, 01:50 PM   #1556
The Marsons
Port Orleans Crazy!

Hi everyone,

Hope you have had a great weekend.

I'm Sarah and we are visitng WDW from the UK for three weeks on August 11th this year. This whole trip is full of surprises.

My children have no idea whatsoever of our trip and we will be surprising them just before we leave for the airport. I cannot wait to do this, although I know I will cry

We arrive and are staying for three nights at AK Kidani, then four nights CL at AK, followed by two weeks at our fave resort POR.

The day we arrive at POR will be awesome as my Nan and Grandpa are flying (for the first time to the States) to WDW and surprising the children at POR and spending the final two weeks with us. They are just going to get off the Magical Express and we will just happen to be in the lobby where the children will spot their Nan and Gramps! Can't wait for them to experience what WDW will be like.

Now back to our club level part! We have never stayed CL, but I managed to bag a 40% code that was applied to our booking. Up until our POR stay we have no Park tickets so are just going to be relaxing and adjusting to the jet lag we experience from the UK. Therefore we will be able to make use of the fantastic facilities AK and CL has to offer.

So far dealt with Don who has been great. Looking forward to speaking to you over the 66 days before we go!

Sarah
October 2008 - POR
February 2011 - GF
August 2011 - AKL, AKL CL, POR

Old 06-05-2011, 03:18 PM   #1557
thehighprincess44
Earning My Ears

Can anyone give me specific room numbers to request for a pool view on the second or third floor of SL, GF? We need two queens, but I don't want the marina side noise (if possible) and want a balcony.

TIA!

Stacey
Old 06-05-2011, 03:46 PM   #1558
LorieDisneyLover
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Marsons View Post
Hi everyone,

Hope you have had a great weekend.

I'm Sarah and we are visitng WDW from the UK for three weeks on August 11th this year. This whole trip is full of surprises.

My children have no idea whatsoever of our trip and we will be surprising them just before we leave for the airport. I cannot wait to do this, although I know I will cry

We arrive and are staying for three nights at AK Kidani, then four nights CL at AK, followed by two weeks at our fave resort POR.

The day we arrive at POR will be awesome as my Nan and Grandpa are flying (for the first time to the States) to WDW and surprising the children at POR and spending the final two weeks with us. They are just going to get off the Magical Express and we will just happen to be in the lobby where the children will spot their Nan and Gramps! Can't wait for them to experience what WDW will be like.

Now back to our club level part! We have never stayed CL, but I managed to bag a 40% code that was applied to our booking. Up until our POR stay we have no Park tickets so are just going to be relaxing and adjusting to the jet lag we experience from the UK. Therefore we will be able to make use of the fantastic facilities AK and CL has to offer.

So far dealt with Don who has been great. Looking forward to speaking to you over the 66 days before we go!

Sarah
Your trip sounds fantastic! You will enjoy the Club Level at AK ... and it's perfect to have it at the beginning of your stay.

Hope you have a wonderful time.

Loving our new home at BLT!

Old 06-05-2011, 08:27 PM   #1559
time4Mickey
Mouseketeer

We have not had any problem getting beer prior to it being put out, just ask the staff and they will get it for you.
Old 06-05-2011, 08:59 PM   #1560
baler31
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by thehighprincess44 View Post
Can anyone give me specific room numbers to request for a pool view on the second or third floor of SL, GF? We need two queens, but I don't want the marina side noise (if possible) and want a balcony.

TIA!

Stacey

I have only stayed in RPC so I cannot help, but I would post this on the GF thread as there a lot of helpful posters who will know the best way to request this.
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: