Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 06-01-2011, 03:41 PM   #1516
contemporarymom
Mouseketeer

We got a call yesterday. I just hope the refurb doesn't effect our December trip.
Old 06-01-2011, 04:04 PM   #1517
mommato2boyz
counting the days till we go on our first Disney vacation

Quote:
Originally Posted by irish dancer View Post
Checking into AKV-CL on Saturday. Called IPO yesterday and left a message. Need to give them my CC#, order a cake, verify dining ADRs and let them know when we're arriving. I left the message in the afternoon and have not yet received a call back. How long does it normally take to get a call back? Do I need to call again?
what is IPO stand for?

I booked CL at YC for november. It is our first time at Disney we are on the dream and then taking the boys to disney for a couple of days. Should be fun

Amy Randy Avery Griffin
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-01-2011, 04:06 PM   #1518
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommato2boyz View Post
what is IPO stand for?

I booked CL at YC for november. It is our first time at Disney we are on the dream and then taking the boys to disney for a couple of days. Should be fun
Itinerary Planning Office.
Old 06-01-2011, 04:12 PM   #1519
britfish
DIS Veteran

I just got the call that we have to move our reservation from the CR in August due to renovations.
What to do??
GF main bldg?
Poly?
boo hoo, CR is my dream resort, we are at CBR for 7 nights and then had the 2 nights at CR CL.
What would you do??
Old 06-01-2011, 04:30 PM   #1520
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Quote:
Originally Posted by britfish View Post
I just got the call that we have to move our reservation from the CR in August due to renovations.
What to do??
GF main bldg?
Poly?
boo hoo, CR is my dream resort, we are at CBR for 7 nights and then had the 2 nights at CR CL.
What would you do??
I would see if I could book the Atrium Club at the CR, if I didn't need a suite.

Question for all of you who were booked on the Tower Club floor at the CR:

When you were told that you have to change, were you offered an alternative? What are they doing about any potential cost difference? If you didn't book a suite on the 14th floor, have they offered the Atrium Club to you?

Just curious - thanks!

Last edited by WDWKOOK; 06-01-2011 at 04:39 PM.
Old 06-01-2011, 04:35 PM   #1521
CR Resort Fan 4 Life
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK View Post

When you were told that you have to change, were you offered you an alternative? What are they doing about any potential cost difference? If you didn't book a suite on the 14th floor, have they offered the Atrium Club to you?

Just curious - thanks!
I am wondering the same thing.
Old 06-01-2011, 04:37 PM   #1522
britfish
DIS Veteran

we are 79 days out. They said the renovations were supposed to be done but now are going to Nov.. The only thing they offered was a switch in resort (which was GF or Poly)
Old 06-01-2011, 04:42 PM   #1523
WDWKOOK

Quote:
we are 79 days out. They said the renovations were supposed to be done but now are going to Nov.. The only thing they offered was a switch in resort (which was GF or Poly)
But were you booked in a suite on the Tower Club level? Did they only offer a room of comparable size at the GF or Poly? I thought maybe they would upgrade you for your inconvenience so that's why I'm asking.
Old 06-01-2011, 04:45 PM   #1524
britfish
DIS Veteran

no, not a suite, just a regular room. I was kinda thinking she was going to offer us a suite or something, not that we need it, but just because we have been planning this for quite some time to have it changed when its close (to us).
She offered the GF main bldg. theme park view
or
Poly theme park view.

I didn't do a cost analysis to see if these are even comparable to what we have booked.
I was so dumbfounded, I told her the CR was a dream stay and I would have to call her back.

Last edited by britfish; 06-01-2011 at 05:00 PM.
Old 06-01-2011, 05:02 PM   #1525
Cinderumbrella
Wench

Quote:
no, not a suite, just a regular room. I was kinda thinking she was going to offer us a suite or something, not that we need it, but just because we have been planning this for quite some time to have it changed when its close (to us).
or
Poly theme park view.

I didn't do a cost analysis to see if these are even comparable to what we have booked.
I was so dumbfounded, I told her the CR was a dream stay and I would have to call her back.
Take GF RPC theme park view! It is spectacular!
The Contemporary September 2010~The Contemporary June 2010~ Grand Floridian RPC December 2009~The Contemporary June 2009~ Grand Floridian December 2008~
Pop Century May 2008~Grand Floridian August 2007~Animal Kingdom Lodge December 2006~ Port Orleans Riverside October 2005~Beach Club February 2000~
Grand Floridian August 1997

Old 06-01-2011, 05:02 PM   #1526
WDWKOOK

Quote:
or
Poly theme park view.

Well, if it wasn't a suite then why can't you stay on the 12th floor Atrium Club level at the CR? I would ask for that since you really want the CR, but I'm assuming it's all booked.

The RPC (Royal Palm Club) is the "main bldg." at the GF. With the Poly you might not get a balcony since the second floors don't have them. With the RPC you're in the same bldg. as the restaurants and monorail. Are there amenities that are important to you?
Old 06-01-2011, 05:05 PM   #1527
britfish
DIS Veteran

Can you see Wishes from the GF? I mean really see them? A balcony would be nice. We are doing the pirate cruise and spa from the GF so in a way that makes sense to stay there. I just don't know much about the CL anywhere but the CR (and the WL because we stayed there last year).

I just looked at our ressie, it was MK View Atrium club level at the CR.
Old 06-01-2011, 05:08 PM   #1528
Cinderumbrella
Wench

Yes, you can see Wishes from a TPV room at the GF (not as impressive as the view from the CR, but a very nice one at that). I will admit that I have never stayed CL at the CR, but I have stayed RPC and it was our favorite stay at WDW. The food offerings are great, the lounge staff is wonderful etc.
The Contemporary September 2010~The Contemporary June 2010~ Grand Floridian RPC December 2009~The Contemporary June 2009~ Grand Floridian December 2008~
Pop Century May 2008~Grand Floridian August 2007~Animal Kingdom Lodge December 2006~ Port Orleans Riverside October 2005~Beach Club February 2000~
Grand Floridian August 1997

Old 06-01-2011, 05:34 PM   #1529
Lisa S.
Trip planner extradordinaire!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK View Post
I would see if I could book the Atrium Club at the CR, if I didn't need a suite.

When you were told that you have to change, were you offered an alternative? What are they doing about any potential cost difference? If you didn't book a suite on the 14th floor, have they offered the Atrium Club to you?

Just curious - thanks!
I was booked Atrium Club, not Tower Club, and I'm still having to move. They offered me a regular TPV room at the CR; a club level, TPV room in the main building at GF; or a club level room at the Poly. We chose the GF, and I already have my confirmation. No extra cost.
Old 06-01-2011, 05:55 PM   #1530
pixarmom
DIS Veteran

Hello CL fans!

I've been staying in WDW resorts since childhood, but have only stayed CL once (BC deluxe CL in February.) We have three boys (ages pre-school to pre-teen) and I didn't realize the value of CL until we experienced it.

We booked two pre-cruise nights (BWI) and one post-cruise night (BC GV CL) in August. We spent one night at AKL on our way to the airport last weekend and the bounceback offer prompted us to change our BWI stay to CL too!

So I read through all the pages of this great thread and have a few questions about BWI CL!

1) It looks like all the BWI standard CL rooms are on the 4th floor and they all have balconies. Is that correct?

2) I don't have any requests on our reservation because I usually don't make many requests (although I sometimes request a full balcony at BC.) I honestly don't know what I would prefer at BWI - a view of Epcot sounds great, a view of the Boardwalk sounds great, too! But it sounds like "away from ESPN club" would be a good request to make - or should I word that differently?

3) In the BC lounge, they have a little TV area for the kids with small chairs. That TV was set to the Disney channel and the other TV was set to non-kid programming. From the video and photos, it looks like the BWI lounge is set up differently - is that correct?

Also, just a few BC CL comments in response to the earlier questions:

1) We really loved BC CL and had great experiences with low crowd levels (we were in the lounge at 7am for breakfast and for the 5-7pm snacks), other guests (the kids were great and everyone did a nice job of sharing in the childrens' area) and CMs. Bret and Neil were particularly wonderful and we wrote to guest services about them (and the outstanding BC greeter, Teena, of course!)

2) I entirely agree with MickeyT about the table-clearing situation in the BC lounge. We always tried to find a CM to give our dishes to - just didn't want to leave them on the table.

3) Regarding the refill mugs, I tried to go without my refill mug for our 7-day BC CL stay in February, but I only lasted one day. I use the mug at home every day, so I'm just used to having it in my hand. So I bought one and filled it with coffee in the lounge. It was also VERY useful at SAB for the refills at Hurricane Hanna's. I plan to buy another at BWI and fill it in either the lounge or down near the pool!
Disneyland (x many), Polynesisan (x many), Beach Club (x many), Boardwalk (x3), Yacht Club, Contemporary, Wilderness Lodge (x2), Animal Kingdom Lodge, Port Orleans French Quarter, Dolphin, Coronado Springs (x3), Caribbean Beach, Port Orleans-Riverside, All Star Sports, All Star Music, 2011 Disney Dream, 2012 Disney Wonder to Alaska, 2012 MNSSHP, 2013 Disneyland 10K, 2014 Princess Half Marathon and 5K

January 2015: WDW Marathon and 5K (AOA/AKL/GF/Poly)
March/April 2015: WL/CR
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: