Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-23-2010, 02:54 PM   #1
parrotheadmom
We are the people your parents warned you about.

June 9, 2012 Fantasy

Who else is going? It's going to be me Lynette, DH Chris, DD (16) Delaney, and DD (13) Marley (at time of cruise).

This is a link to the closed facebook group titled June 9, 2012 Fantasy Disney Cruise

http://www.facebook.com/#!/home.php?...810819547&ap=1
log into FB then you can request to join. This would be an additional way to keep in touch

You can pm Jodijo with your FB name.

Last edited by parrotheadmom; 04-24-2012 at 10:56 PM.
parrotheadmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2010, 04:38 PM   #2
dato63
DIS Veteran

Count the 4 of us in!!

Our DDs will be 8 by this time.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-23-2010, 10:52 PM   #3
IrishCowboy
DIS Veteran

I have added your thread to the cruise meet list
Disney Fantasy 7-21-2012
Disney Magic 11-19-2011 - Back to Back
Disney Magic 11-12-2011
Carnival Dream 7-24-2011
Disney Magic 6-13-2009, Disney Magic 11-22-2008,
Disney Magic 3-17-2007, Disney Magic 7-22-2006,
Disney Magic 9-03-2005, Disney Magic 9-18-2004, Disney Magic 5-15-2004, Disney Magic 5-??-2003,
Disney Wonder 12-19-2002, Disney Magic 5-25-2002, Disney Magic 1-19-2002, Disney Magic 5-12-2001
IrishCowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2010, 12:46 AM   #4
parrotheadmom

dato63.....Yay!! I'm glad that someone is joining me on this thread

Old 10-24-2010, 08:24 AM   #5
dato63
DIS Veteran

Thanks Lynette! I was hoping someone would make a thread soon. Adds to the excitement to get to share with someone.

Have you cruised with DCL before?

We haven't. We were booked on the Magic for this December - but when my DH thought he was losing his job we cancelled and booked a land trip instead (WDW was cheaper to do). He didn't get let go. So then I booked DCL Dream for next Christmas. . .but Carnival announced they were moving their new ship here to Galveston. Galveston being so close we switched.

We are really looking forward to the Fantasy. I haven't told my DDs yet, but the idea of surprising them with those play areas Disney built . . .well, it excites me.
Old 10-24-2010, 09:00 AM   #6
ladyniles
Earning My Ears

Smile

We're hoping to make reservations for this cruise while we're onboard the Magic in January. I'm so excited! We have to fly to Florida, so we were hoping for a longer-than-4-night itinerary for one of the newest sister ships.
Old 10-24-2010, 09:59 AM   #7
3luv2travel
DISNEY CRUISE 2011

Hello!

Hi! I, too, am glad that this cruise meets is up and running. We had reservations for the April 2011 Dream 4 night but DH and I decided that 4 nights just wouldn't be enough so we changed to this cruise. There are three of us including DD who will be 13 (actually, she turns 14 2 days after the cruise is done!) I'm glad that she'll be old enough to do the Chill Spa on the cruise...I would've felt pretty bad that she had to miss it on the 2011 cruise.

Looking forward to getting to know everyone on this thread during the year and a half!
Old 10-24-2010, 02:09 PM   #8
parrotheadmom

Quote:
Originally Posted by dato63 View Post
Thanks Lynette! I was hoping someone would make a thread soon. Adds to the excitement to get to share with someone.

Have you cruised with DCL before?

We haven't. We were booked on the Magic for this December - but when my DH thought he was losing his job we cancelled and booked a land trip instead (WDW was cheaper to do). He didn't get let go. So then I booked DCL Dream for next Christmas. . .but Carnival announced they were moving their new ship here to Galveston. Galveston being so close we switched.
We are really looking forward to the Fantasy. I haven't told my DDs yet, but the idea of surprising them with those play areas Disney built . . .well, it excites me.
You're Welcome! I'm really excited to share this with someone else also. We cruised on the Magic for Halloween in 2007, but missed Castaway Cay due to bad weather, we rebooked on board for March of 2009 but decided to cancel because we wanted to use that money to help buy DVC. So we now own at AKV and have made several trips to WDW and 1 to DL to stay the GCV in Aug. I wanted to book the Dream but really wanted to do 7 nights. So it looks like this trip has been a long time in the making for both of us! My girls have been waiting 5 years to make it back on a Disney ship, they were so disappointed on our 2007 cruise because we didn't make it to CC (not that they have been lacking in Disney Vacations ) You should totally surprise them with this cruise that would be so much fun. We are taking my youngest to WDW in April to surprise her for her 12 bday...mostly because we feel bad that her older sister won a scholarship with her school to go study spainish in Spain and is going in March for 2 weeks (see I told you my kids were not lacking in the vacation dept.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladyniles View Post
We're hoping to make reservations for this cruise while we're onboard the Magic in January. I'm so excited! We have to fly to Florida, so we were hoping for a longer-than-4-night itinerary for one of the newest sister ships.
I hope you get to make reservations while on the Magic, you should save some money doing it that way I'm with you 4 or 5 nights is not worth it when you have to fly! Let us know what your doing, it will be good to have you onboard

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3luv2travel View Post
Hi! I, too, am glad that this cruise meets is up and running. We had reservations for the April 2011 Dream 4 night but DH and I decided that 4 nights just wouldn't be enough so we changed to this cruise. There are three of us including DD who will be 13 (actually, she turns 14 2 days after the cruise is done!) I'm glad that she'll be old enough to do the Chill Spa on the cruise...I would've felt pretty bad that she had to miss it on the 2011 cruise.

Looking forward to getting to know everyone on this thread during the year and a half!
I'm so glad you're on board my DD will be so glad that there will be girls close to her age on board...she is hoping to get to know some of the kids before we sail, so maybe they could exchange emails or maybe a teen thread for the kids. So is the Chill Spa for 13 yo to 18 yo? I need to study up on this she would really love to do this!

Last edited by parrotheadmom; 10-24-2010 at 10:53 PM.
Old 10-24-2010, 04:05 PM   #9
dato63
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by parrotheadmom View Post
Your Welcome! I'm really excited to share this with someone else also. We cruised on the Magic for Halloween in 2007, but missed Castaway Cay due to bad weather, we rebooked on board for March of 2009 but decided to cancel because we wanted to use that money to help buy DVC. So we now own at AKV and have made several trips to WDW and 1 to DL to stay the GCV in Aug. I wanted to book the Dream but really wanted to do 7 nights. So it looks like this trip has been a long time in the making for both of us! My girls have been waiting 5 years to make it back on a Disney ship, they were so disappointed on our 2007 cruise because we didn't make it to CC (not that they have been lacking in Disney Vacations ) You should totally surprise them with this cruise that would be so much fun. We are taking my youngest to WDW in April to surprise her for her 12 bday...mostly because we feel bad that her older sister won a scholarship with her school to go study spainish in Spain and is going in March for 2 weeks (see I told you my kids were not lacking in the vacation dept.)
I agree - 7 nights on the Fantasy sounds like more fun than 4 days on the Dream.

We have not been on any cruises yet. Our first is set for next summer - to Alaska, but with NCL. I'm really hoping we like cruising as we have a CCL one booked to surprise my DDs over Thanksgiving next year. .and now this one with DCL. It looks & sounds like a great way to see new places.

Spain? Wow - that is really amazing. I can only imagine how proud you must feel. . .that really is a special accomplishment!!
Old 10-24-2010, 04:54 PM   #10
parrotheadmom

Quote:
Originally Posted by dato63 View Post
I agree - 7 nights on the Fantasy sounds like more fun than 4 days on the Dream.

We have not been on any cruises yet. Our first is set for next summer - to Alaska, but with NCL. I'm really hoping we like cruising as we have a CCL one booked to surprise my DDs over Thanksgiving next year. .and now this one with DCL. It looks & sounds like a great way to see new places.

Spain? Wow - that is really amazing. I can only imagine how proud you must feel. . .that really is a special accomplishment!!
I'm sure you're going to love cruising....it will be fun to hear how you like NCL and Alaska. Maybe Disney will put the Magic in Galveston! How far do you live from the Port? We have family in Houston and if the Magic does go to Galveston that would be awesome!

Old 10-24-2010, 05:00 PM   #11
dato63
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by parrotheadmom View Post
I'm sure you're going to love cruising....it will be fun to hear how you like NCL and Alaska. Maybe Disney will put the Magic in Galveston! How far do you live from the Port? We have family in Houston and if the Magic does go to Galveston that would be awesome!
We live in Houston also, so the port is not far. We surprised the girls with a long weekend in Galveston before the school year started - took them over to the port to see what a cruise ship looked like in person (the Conquest was docked). They were pretty excited about the idea of cruising.

I've wondered what I would do if the Magic did end up in Galveston. Right now I want the Fantasy for the play areas + getting some WDW time before we cruise - so I don't think I would switch. But if the Magic did end up in Galveston, we would save so much $ not having to fly, it would be tempting.

I got 2 cruises booked for 2011 - not sure if I can get away with that for 2012. . .but if the Magic did end up here, and went somewhere we have not been, I may have to try. LOL
Old 10-24-2010, 05:49 PM   #12
Jodijo
Mouseketeer

Hi All! We are also booked on this cruise (Me, DH, DD will be 14, and DS will be 17 when we cruise). I hope we can keep this date. We have to wait for next years school schedules to come out before we know for sure. (This cruise might be during the last week of school and I am a teacher that cannot miss it.)

Our Disney Site

Jodijo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2010, 06:06 PM   #13
dato63
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladyniles View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3luv2travel View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jodijo View Post
Hi All! We are also booked on this cruise (Me, DH, DD will be 14, and DS will be 17 when we cruise). I hope we can keep this date. We have to wait for next years school schedules to come out before we know for sure. (This cruise might be during the last week of school and I am a teacher that cannot miss it.)
It is really nice to see this thread fill up so fast!
Old 10-24-2010, 06:14 PM   #14
3luv2travel
DISNEY CRUISE 2011

Quote:
I, too, am a teacher (interesting the connections that can be made in such a short amount of time)! We have been done with school by the Friday following Memorial Day for at least the last six years in a row. I have my fingers crossed that they won't be changing that next year! I hope your schedule works out, too!

My daughter was excited about meeting girls her age, too, Lynette! I am sure we can find a way for them to get in touch with one another before cruising!

Have a great Sunday night! We're ready for the Packers VS Vikings football game (once I get my test for tomorrow completed, that is!)
Old 10-24-2010, 11:10 PM   #15
parrotheadmom

Quote:
I hope that your family will be joining us! When do you find out what your school schedule is?

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: