Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-02-2010, 01:54 AM   #16
kaoden39
Prayers and pixie dust from your friends on the DIS
Hugs
I have been flipping all around the internet

It all looks so wonderful and it is so close until you go.
kaoden39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 12:27 PM   #17
Littleprincess2010
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ardenandjacksmom View Post
Totally Subbing!! I love that you scheduled in your Glee-fix!

Reading your dailies, it seems that you've really got a great mix of activity, yet enough time to play with (an ambitious itinerary, yet in a do-able way LOL) Love the road trip plan too--this May I took the kids down to San Fran and did the 101 route--our first time seeing the Redwoods, and it was AMAZING.

Hope your DD has the best birthday ever, can't think of a better place to celebrate it! Someone else who's been to DLR can jump in and confirm, but doesn't DLR have 'It's My Birthday' pins? (at WDW you can get them at Guest Services and they are guaranteed to get your DD extra attention from cast members, at meals, etc--I've known grown ups to wear them too) Anything that gets a birthday girl a little extra attention is good stuff in my book!

I second whoever said bring something warm for the ride over to Alcatraz and being pierside, especially if you are starting out early in the day. Being from BC, you know the story as well as we do in Seattle--damp cool mornings, sometimes fog burns off and it warms up, but sometimes not! You especially feel the chill on the boat ride over...but LOVE the city (and the Ghiradelli chocolates!)

Lastly, I was when I first saw your weather report--32 degrees! 20 next week!! Then I remembered that our dear neighbors to the north use Celsius and not Fahrenheit...
Thanks ardenandjacksmom, I tried to fit in a lot of sitting activities on our longer days, my mom has mobility issues and we are really trying to accomodate her. She doesn't want to get an ECV unless she absolutley has to, she's very stubborn... hmmm..... maybe that's where I get it from

I will have to grab a Birthday pin for DD, she'd love it!! She doesn't know about the breakfast at Goofy's kitchen, or the Studio 365 OR the Toon Town Morning Madness. I really hope she doesn't burn out from all the fun

Speaking of cold and foggy weather, its like soup out there today!! Seriously, if you have seen the movie "The Mist", its worse then that!! Looking at the weather in Anaheim it looks like our first day in the parks is going to be 76 (23c, lol)!!! Guess I'll be pulling the summer clothes back out Im not complaining though, Summer here was much too short this year.

I love how confusing it is working with the different measurements. I always confuse people with how many km vs. miles its going to take to drive there too Yep, its 2200km to get there!! 2200 what?!?!? One day we will convert, but until then I guess I'll keep using my oven in Fahrenheit but read the weather in Cesuis

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaoden39 View Post
It all looks so wonderful and it is so close until you go.

It is so close! Last night I had trouble falling asleep. Kept thinking about all the fun stuff we're going to do!! The next 3 nights are going to be hell, if I get any sleep on Thursday I'd be amazed
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-02-2010, 04:12 PM   #18
RedRosePrincess
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Littleprincess2010 View Post
Sweet!! Another November DISer Thank you so much for the GLEE channel I haven't heard of the Happy Birthday Party at the Plaza Inn, what is it? We're doing breakfast at Goofy's kitchen on her birthday, but we still have lunch and dinner to sort out.
Here's the info for the birthday party at the Plaza Inn. I've seen a lot of pictures of it on here, so you can probably search to see reviews/pictures to determine if its worth it.

You can enjoy a 45 minute to 1 hour birthday party at the Plaza Inn, which is located at the end of Main Street U.S.A. Priority seating can be made at the Plaza Inn, City Hall, and any Guest Relations Information Kiosk. Or, simply call (714) 781-DINE up to 30 days in advance. Prices are $15.99 per guest. Children under the age of 2 are free (prices are subject to change). Price includes cake, punch, party hat, a special Happy Birthday cup and Mickey Mouse Plate. Park admission is required. Premium Annual Passholders get 10% discount

During the party, there will be a cake-decorating contest and each participant will receive a special sticker. Your party host will be Mr. Patrick Edward Cake (AKA Pat E Cake). Joining the party will be two Disney characters. While Mickey Mouse and Minnie Mouse usually attend, other characters may appear in their place.
Old 11-03-2010, 03:06 PM   #19
kaoden39
Hugs

I have heard mixed reviews on the party.

I am one of those that lays awake the night before. Even if I know I have to drive the next day I just cannot sleep.
Old 11-03-2010, 05:35 PM   #20
Littleprincess2010
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I have heard mixed reviews on the party.

I am one of those that lays awake the night before. Even if I know I have to drive the next day I just cannot sleep.
Sorry you go through the sleep troubles too, but glad to have a partner in excitement!!

I think we're going to pass on the party and spend the money on a special lunch at another "in america only" restaurant. We don't have an olive garden on the island so that's a a must do for us and we want to try Mama Coza's too. I think my DD would have a blast at IHOP too!!
Old 11-03-2010, 05:48 PM   #21
kaoden39
Hugs

Quote:
Sorry you go through the sleep troubles too, but glad to have a partner in excitement!!

I think we're going to pass on the party and spend the money on a special lunch at another "in america only" restaurant. We don't have an olive garden on the island so that's a a must do for us and we want to try Mama Coza's too. I think my DD would have a blast at IHOP too!!
Oh there are definitely some fun foods to be had at IHOP. I can remember loving it as a kid and my kids love it too.

I am just okay with Olive Garden, it's good but not great. What about Mimi's? And I have no clue what Mama Coza's is.
Old 11-03-2010, 06:01 PM   #22
Littleprincess2010
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Oh there are definitely some fun foods to be had at IHOP. I can remember loving it as a kid and my kids love it too.

I am just okay with Olive Garden, it's good but not great. What about Mimi's? And I have no clue what Mama Coza's is.
Duh! Mimi's is on the list too, cant believe I forgot that one

Mama Coza's is a restaurant a couple of blocks (miles, lol) from DLR. It was featured on Diners, Drive-ins and Dives and they apparently make amazing food!!
Old 11-03-2010, 06:09 PM   #23
kaoden39
Hugs

Quote:
Duh! Mimi's is on the list too, cant believe I forgot that one

Mama Coza's is a restaurant a couple of blocks (miles, lol) from DLR. It was featured on Diners, Drive-ins and Dives and they apparently make amazing food!!
Oh my. How did I miss that? It looks like there is some place else I need to go when I go next.
Old 11-03-2010, 06:11 PM   #24
Littleprincess2010
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Oh my. How did I miss that? It looks like there is some place else I need to go when I go next.
I'll post a review after we try it
Old 11-03-2010, 06:13 PM   #25
kaoden39
Hugs

Quote:
I'll post a review after we try it
Sounds wonderful. I can hardly wait to read it. I do know that from what I just saw online that if you want to eat at Olive Garden before you go there because otherwise you will be disappointed.
Old 11-03-2010, 06:26 PM   #26
Littleprincess2010
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Sounds wonderful. I can hardly wait to read it. I do know that from what I just saw online that if you want to eat at Olive Garden before you go there because otherwise you will be disappointed.
Good call!! I don't want to lose my love of Olive Garden
Old 11-03-2010, 06:28 PM   #27
kaoden39
Hugs

Quote:
Good call!! I don't want to lose my love of Olive Garden
Exactly my thought.
Old 11-03-2010, 06:33 PM   #28
RedRosePrincess
Mouseketeer

If you go to Mimi's for breakfast you have to try their Pumpkin Pancakes with cinnamom apples. They are seriously one of my favorite foods every and they only have them around this time of the year. Yummy!
Old 11-04-2010, 12:38 AM   #29
IndayMichelle
Hopelessly addicted to DLR and WDW popcorn

Quote:
I think we're going to pass on the party and spend the money on a special lunch at another "in america only" restaurant.
That sounds like me! Every time I go to BC I always stock up on Lay's Ketchup Chips and Cabury Wunderbars! Candy bars just aren't the same in the states...

Also Little Princess I would stop at the Tulalip outlets on the way home instead of Burlington. Much more selection and better deals. And it's right on I-5 too!

Disneyland 9/04, 9/06, 1/10, 3/10, 11/10, 4/11, 7/11, 10/11, 1/12, Leap Day 2012, 3/12
Contemporary Resort 7/00 - Caribbean Beach Resort 9/08 - Polynesian Resort 4/10

IndayMichelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2010, 02:59 AM   #30
ardenandjacksmom
Disney Dreaming

I agree with IndayMichelle--the Tulalip Outlets rock (you'll see them from I-5, just North of Everett)

And I'm totally with you in the Olive Garden Fan Club--I get that it isn't haute cuisine--and among Italian chains in the USA I would say it's third behind Carabba's and Macaroni Grill. Still, I LOVE LOVE LOVE their salad dressing!!! When I was pregnant with DS, I craved it so bad that we were eating there at least once a week--I was thrilled when I found out that they'd sell me a bottle of the dressing. It helped satisfy the late night cravings, but still wasn't the same as a true Olive Garden fix LOL.

You must be packing by now...can't wait to read the (no longer 'pre') trip reports! Have an AMAZING time!

We can't wait for our FIRST Disneyland Trip! November 2010 at HoJo's

July 2009--DLRP/Marriott Village d'Ile de France
December 2008/January 2009 New Year's WDW Trip Marriott World Center and Marriott Grande Vista
November/December 2007 Thanksgiving WDW Trip JW Marriott Grande Lakes/POP Century
October 2004 Halloween/MNSSHP WDW Trip POP Century
April 2004 Easter Week at WDW Old Key West/Ritz Carlton Amelia Island
ardenandjacksmom is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: