Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > UK Trip Reports Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-18-2010, 03:00 PM   #151
princessoftea
Earning My Ears

I'm really enjoying reading your trip report and it's giving me some good ideas for when we visit in October next year. Thanks

Me DP DD (age 5)
princessoftea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2010, 10:48 AM   #152
stayhomemom77
Dieting my way to Disney!!

Subbing.

I'm really enjoying your TR...can't wait to hear more.
stayhomemom77 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-20-2010, 12:06 PM   #153
jockey
Repeat after me....I LOVE CROC's, I LOVE CROC's, I LOVE CROC's!!!!!!

Great day looking forward to more
Old 11-22-2010, 04:30 PM   #154
NikkiMouse
OMG we're going to DISNEY!!!!!!!

Hi, my name is Nikki and I am a lurker

I dipped in and out of your pre trip, I cried when I read how you were going to surprise your DD about going to Florida and again when I read about it nearly live

I need to confess to my new addiction - checking back daily,( ok three times daily at least!) to see if there are further updates of your fabulous adventures and excellent photographs, (will flattery help?!) but alas no more updates as yet

Please, please, please can you give us another update

I promise I will read every word and take notes. Your description of POFQ has already grabbed my attention and persuaded me to change from OKW with 42% off and free dining to POFQ and upgrade free QSDP to DDP

Waiting in anticipation

1999 Holiday Inn Universal 2002 DLRP Hotel Cheyenne 2005 DLRP Sequoia Lodge DD5 bday 2008 Pop Century DH 40th Bday in The World 2011 Magic Kingdom and my 40th Bday POFQ 2013 Back to our Favourite French Quarter

I'm so excited, and I just can't hide it, we're about to go WDW and I know I like it!

NikkiMouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 06:52 PM   #155
2Tiggies
I am subscribing to this thread just so I can see your shirt
I like those water proof containers that hang around my neck on a lanyard

Quote:
Originally Posted by NikkiMouse View Post
Hi, my name is Nikki and I am a lurker

I dipped in and out of your pre trip, I cried when I read how you were going to surprise your DD about going to Florida and again when I read about it nearly live

I need to confess to my new addiction - checking back daily,( ok three times daily at least!) to see if there are further updates of your fabulous adventures and excellent photographs, (will flattery help?!) but alas no more updates as yet

Please, please, please can you give us another update

I promise I will read every word and take notes. Your description of POFQ has already grabbed my attention and persuaded me to change from OKW with 42% off and free dining to POFQ and upgrade free QSDP to DDP

Waiting in anticipation
Hi Nikki

I have not forgotten this thread. Far from it in fact. I am very frustrated because my Photobucket account notified me last week that I have reached my bandwidth limit and have to wait until the 25th of next month (can that be right ?) to load more photos. I didn't think people would read without pictures

Maybe someone can offer an alternative option to Photobucket in the meantime. I could write with the intention of adding pics later, but I suspect if I do that, those pictures will never be loaded.
Thank you for reading and apologies to all. I'm not really sure what to do about it.

And a sneaky add-on at Bay Lake Tower
2Tiggies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 03:36 AM   #156
NikkiMouse
OMG we're going to DISNEY!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Tiggies View Post
Hi Nikki

I have not forgotten this thread. Far from it in fact. I am very frustrated because my Photobucket account notified me last week that I have reached my bandwidth limit and have to wait until the 25th of next month (can that be right ?) to load more photos. I didn't think people would read without pictures

Maybe someone can offer an alternative option to Photobucket in the meantime. I could write with the intention of adding pics later, but I suspect if I do that, those pictures will never be loaded.
Thank you for reading and apologies to all. I'm not really sure what to do about it.
Thanks for the update on the update.

I would love to be able to help re photobucket, but am clueless when it comes to anything like that!

I hear you on the intention of adding pics later but things just get in the way

So I'll just subscribe and wait patiently until the 25th of next month

1999 Holiday Inn Universal 2002 DLRP Hotel Cheyenne 2005 DLRP Sequoia Lodge DD5 bday 2008 Pop Century DH 40th Bday in The World 2011 Magic Kingdom and my 40th Bday POFQ 2013 Back to our Favourite French Quarter

I'm so excited, and I just can't hide it, we're about to go WDW and I know I like it!

NikkiMouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 04:06 AM   #157
Pooh's-Honey-Pot
Disney Bride June 19th 2006

I have three photobucket accounts linked to 3 email addresses!! Try that!!

Disney trips:- 1989 - WDW Off Site; 1990 - DLR off site; 1997 - Disneyland Paris off site; 1997 -WDW off site; 2002 - WDW off site; 2003 - WDW off site; 2005 - WDW AS Movies; 2006 - WDW CBR (Disneymoon and Disney Wedding Pavillion Bride!); 2007 -DLR off site; 2008 - WDW POFQ; 2009 - DCL-A week on the Disney Magic (Western) + WDW POFQ; 2010 - Disneyland Paris Hotel Cheyenne; 2010 - WDW Saratoga Springs Resort / Universal RPR 2010 -Pop Century; 2012 - Fantasy cruise

Take a peek at my 2009 reviews "But We Haven't Lost Last Years Weight Yet"! http://www.disboards.com/showthread....5#post32039625
Check out my 2008 food report "Gluttony . . . Pure Gluttony" http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1837106
2010 food review - "The Piggies are back . . . and this time they're hungry" http://www.disboards.com/showthread....9#post38731959
Pooh's-Honey-Pot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 06:16 AM   #158
2Tiggies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pooh's-Honey-Pot View Post
I have three photobucket accounts linked to 3 email addresses!! Try that!!
Aha!

Old 11-27-2010, 05:17 PM   #159
2Tiggies

Day 8: Typhoon Lagoon and Magic Kingdom

Oh, well Ė to heck with the Photobucket issue, which I will deal with later tonight. I am going ahead and typing up the next day.

FINALLY!

We didnít have to get up too early since the waterparks only open at 10 am and it seemed that going at this time of the year didnít call for a park opening time appearance if you want to do anything. Still, there was no point getting there too late either. We still hadnít seen the MSEP and chances are that it wonít be on next time we go so absolute latest arrival time for MK was scheduled for 6 pm.

We were up and ready at 8 am. It looked like it was going to be a beautiful day. The sun was shining, there was no breeze and the sky was blue (a novelty where we live). DD took great delight in planning our day.

I noted with interest that almost everything was circled on the map as a must-do. You will see how much of that we really did as you read on

We trotted along to the foodcourt and shared some fruit and pancakes before returning to our room to drop off our mugs and collect the park bag. We merrily skipped down the stairs, me in front and DD behind me, both feeling we hadnít a care in the world.

As I bounced along onto the pathway at the foot of the stairs I stopped dead in my tracks. A long, black snake lay right there, just in front of the bushes, its body coiled up like a large hosepipe, rearing its head as I approached. DD was only a step or two behind me and hadnít seen it. I didnít want her to move too quickly and give it a fright and I heard my voice shouting ďTiggi, Tiggi, Tiggi, Tiggi, SNAKE!!!Ē All this in under a second - I never knew I could speak so quickly! Of course she didnít stop, but spun around and hot-footed it back towards the stairs. Her sudden movements gave the snake a fright and it immediately whipped itself around and it vanished into the bushes. I was surprised at how long it was as it had been coiled up, partly hidden by some of the shrubbery. DD was quite indignant at the creatureís very presence and demanded to know, ďWho let a snake into Port Orleans?Ē It was actually quite funny; she had her hands on her hips and everything! Well now that we were awake ...... Sorry folks, I wanted to get to the waterpark so I didnít go hunting for the darn creature to get a picture for you all.

We arrived at Typhoon Lagoon shortly after 10 am and DD wanted to go straight to the wave pool. We settled ourselves onto a couple of loungers and DD sat happily for about 5 minutes before announcing that we had to get into the water. We stayed there until lunch time and then went to get something to eat from Leaning Palms. Not being very adventurous, we ended up eating the same as last time. Well if it ainít broke ..... I had the salad, which was just as good as last time, with a fruit pot for dessert and DD ordered a kids pizza.

We went back to the wave pool and DD played in the sand for a while. She wanted to go back into the wave pool but I said we should do some slides first since we really hadnít done anything that day, so we headed off to Ganplank Falls, which we thoroughly enjoyed.

The only annoying thing here was the ice cold mist spraying onto the queuing area at the top of the stairs. Although it was a nice day, it was just too cold for this time of the year IMO and there were several little ones crying as the line stopped moving with them standing in the spray. Oh and my other challenge: the raft was way too big for me to manage on my own and DD was no help. I tripped twice and when I fell over the second time a really nice guy came up and offered to help me as they had enough people to carry their rafts between them. I was very grateful and offered for his party to go up ahead of us and he could just slip in front and join them when we got to the top. Had it not been for the raft issues on my own we probably would have had another go, but we went to do Mayday Falls which was lots of fun and at least I could manage our equipment on that one.

Once we got out at the bottom DD wanted to head straight back to the wave pool, where we spent the rest of the afternoon, interrupting ourselves to go and get icecream. DD had a cone and I ordered a sundae. Had I known how big these things were, I would have ordered one and shared it. I didnít even make it to the top of the cup with the Sunday. It was delicious but could easily have served the two of us, possibly with some left over. Have you ever known a child to be put off by the volume of ice cream?

We messed about in the sand for a while and then headed back to POFQ at around 3.45 pm. We wanted to be at MK that night so we could see the parade properly so we had our shower and arrived at MK by 6 pm.

Old 11-27-2010, 05:18 PM   #160
2Tiggies

Part 2

There was hoola hooping going on in Main Street – irresistible to DD. She is fairly good at it (not me – I’m hopeless) so we stopped to let her have some fun. One of the CM’s was admiring her skills with the hoop and telling her to do things, like hop 3 times on one leg, shuffle round in a circle and goodness knows what else. She was loving it!

After about half an hour with the hoops we strolled over to Tomorrowland. We were going to watch the parade in Frontierland, as is our habit so it made sense to do what we wanted on this side of the park first. We hovered around the TTA, but a quick discussion and we agreed that with the long line, any unforeseen delays would ruin our plans for the parade. We noticed that the Carousel of Progress had a 5 minute wait time posted. I was convinced DD would hate it and she claimed that she didn’t remember anything about it , but I didn’t say anything when she enthusiastically jumped at the suggestion and we went through the entrance. We sat down and giggled as quietly as we could when a CM gave the usual ‘instructions’ in English (??) virtually impossible to understand. During the second scene, a family decided they weren’t enjoying it or needed to leave for whatever reason and got up and exited. Everything came to a grinding halt and the voice came piercing through the speakers, saying something along the lines of “Everyone to be sitting all the time. Nobody can go before you are finished”. This time everyone roared with laughter and I suddenly felt a wave of relief wash over me – I had felt a little mean while giggling away with DD (and guilty for instigating it) earlier, but somehow felt justified by the fact that I was apparently in good company. The scene we had been busy watching started from the beginning again (to the sound of groans and loud sighs – not us this time). When it was over, we didn’t move. The voice came back telling us we would “watch again”. And the same scene started for the third time, with the sound of chuckling and snickering carrying on all the way through. Okay, this time we also played a part and I made a mental note to try and act my age ..... Then my thoughts drifted to how much I pay for a holiday where I CAN ditch the high heels, make up and, er ..... acting my age and decided that I had earned my right to misbehave, having paid top dollar for the privilege.

We eventually exited the attraction and I asked what DD thought of it. “It’s great! Can we do it again?” So you think you know your kids!

Time to move over to Frontierland, stopping to grab a Buzz Lightyear fast pass on the way. I don’t like sitting for hours waiting for a parade but it is necessary if you want a decent view. I always feel like I could be doing something else instead. So we would use our usual useful time strategy: eat while we wait. We went into Pecos Bills. It was VERY busy so I hit the queue and sent DD to sit in the corner colouring in. We got a chicken salad wrap, kids turkey sandwich, juices and a chocolate cake. Oh and fries were on the tray but I have no idea what meal they came with as I didn’t order them.

EDIT: There is meant to be a picture here, but it just won't allow me to post it. You'll have to do the Figment thing and use your imagination.

We took our tray a little way down, across the road and found the white tape. This is very important. Don’t just stand behind the ropes. Find the tape, sit with your feet ON it and guard it. Can you tell we are used to busy parks? There was still an hour to go so we could take our time with our meal. I made sure that we sat directly opposite a trash can so I could get a clear run to dump the tray and rush back. (Can you tell we’ve done this before?) We were ready to tuck in. No, not quite – where was the chocolate cake? (You'll see it wasnt on the tray in the picture above). I told DD to sit tight and scooted the tray beside her so that it would mark my spot while I ran back to Pecos Bills. I had to get in line behind several others who had returned to collect missing items but it only took a few minutes. I raced back and DD reprimanded me for being so long – she said so many people kept asking if someone was sitting there. I told her that those were very nice people because at least they asked. I noticed two children, brother and sister probably, standing behind us, possibly aged around 10 and 7 respectively. There was still some room to my left and I got DD to move up and little and we invited them to come and sit there. What lovely children. We had the most wonderful time sitting and talking to them. It was their first trip and they were with their grandparents who were standing a row or two back and popped over every now and then to check on them. It was so much fun listening to their first experiences, all the highs of their trip, what they were doing the next day .... We had glo sticks in the park bag which I suddenly remembered so I pulled them out and the kids shared them and entertained each other (and me) with all their creations. It was almost parade time and the tray, still with quite a lot of food on it, was going to be a problem so I nipped the 10 steps across the street to the trashcan and trotted back to find a swarm of people standing asking my somewhat bewildered looking daughter if my spot was taken. They all looked so disappointed to see me when I got back!

We enjoyed MSEP and I was glad we made the effort. I still prefer Specto, but to be fair, I think that will always be sentimentally special to me. We bade farewell to our new friends and fought the crowds back to Tomorrowland to ride Buzz. The queue for the TTA (I still call it the TTA – DD keeps correcting me and telling me it’s the Peoplemover since that is the largest part of the name).

We strolled around Tomorrowland for a short while and agreed we should call it a day and beat the mass exodus at park closing. We stopped at MSB to grab a couple of cinnamon rolls and headed out of the park at around 10 pm.

Somewhere during the course of the day, this had appeared in our room.

Got it right

Our parade strategy still worked for us. You usually meet some nice people while waiting so to us, having a meal while waiting, chatting to people while the time passes, is like having a meal out with friends.
Leaving the park a little before closing saved us the big rush at the end and we walked onto a nearly empty bus and had a comfortable trip back to our resort. A peaceful ending to a really lovely day.

Could have done differently:

I don’t know what got into me this year with the criss crossing the park between parades/fireworks. We hadn’t intended to get a FP for Buzz and the plan was to stick with Frontierland after the parade. It occurred to me when we were eating our supper that this could be a problem, but we survived and it wasn’t as bad as the first night.

Next up: Day 8 – Ohana, Epcot and MK Evening EMH

Last edited by 2Tiggies; 11-27-2010 at 07:09 PM.
Old 11-28-2010, 03:38 AM   #161
eeyorefanuk
DIS Veteran

Yeah another update

Loved the photos again, Tove with her ice cream, and great picture with her doing the hoola hooping.

The towel animal is cute, we only had one or possibly two during our whole three weeks there

Looking forward to more.

eeyorefanuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2010, 12:23 PM   #162
tracipierce
DIS Veteran

When we were last at POFQ, we left our room early in the morning, my DD was in front of me and I saw that there was a black snake coming out of the bushes, my DD was just about to stand on it I had to grab her tshirt and pull her back as she would have stood right on it with only her flip flops on. She wasn't impressed. My youngest DD has a real phobia of snakes, so i had to say that I though DD was about to stand on a lizard I told my older DD later all about the snake, but I don't think she really believed me!
Old 11-28-2010, 01:34 PM   #163
Mrs Doubtfire
DIS Veteran

Another great day in the parks. What is it with snakes - someone posted on that they found one in their villa (in the bathroom of all things) & took a picture

We have been going for quite a while now without a sighting - I only hope it continues (not that they scare me or anything........)
Old 11-28-2010, 01:56 PM   #164
2Tiggies

Quote:
Originally Posted by eeyorefanuk View Post
Loved the photos again, Tove with her ice cream, and great picture with her doing the hoola hooping.

The towel animal is cute, we only had one or possibly two during our whole three weeks there
Thanks. The icecream photo was quite comical. I had a compact camera in a waterproof camera pouch so it was fiddly to work with. I had DD stand with the icecreams and realised trying to take the picture the first time that it was set on movie mode She was stressing about the icecreams toppling over as they were so big and was not amused with me at all - you can see it in her face

Quote:
Originally Posted by tracipierce View Post
When we were last at POFQ, we left our room early in the morning, my DD was in front of me and I saw that there was a black snake coming out of the bushes, my DD was just about to stand on it I had to grab her tshirt and pull her back as she would have stood right on it with only her flip flops on. She wasn't impressed. My youngest DD has a real phobia of snakes, so i had to say that I though DD was about to stand on a lizard I told my older DD later all about the snake, but I don't think she really believed me!
My daugher was right behind me, but slightly to the left (the side where the bushes were). When I stopped it would have been quite normal for her to squeeze by me on the side of the shrubbery. Funny how you have a split second to react yet so much seems to happen in that brief moment.

What bothered me most was not that there was a snake, but that I am not familiar with the ones in Florida so I had no way of telling whether we should be careful or not. We did see another on the next week and someone said it was not venomous because, and I quote: "It's teeth are too small." Teeth? I wasn't very reassured

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs Doubtfire View Post
What is it with snakes - someone posted on that they found one in their villa (in the bathroom of all things) & took a picture

We have been going for quite a while now without a sighting - I only hope it continues (not that they scare me or anything........)
We have never seen one there either but I know they are all over the place. They generally keep out of high traffic areas. I think POFQ with all its bushes gives them somewhere to 'hide' so it wasn't a total surprise, but you are never expecting to see one when you do, just like you never expect to lose your footing and trip somewhere when you do. They were around where we lived when I was a child, and there are just some basic rules you follow: Keep on the paths, watch where you put your feet, don't stick your hands into bushes or long grass, keep ground floor doors (safety screens) closed .... so DD had been well briefed on behaviour in Florida. Yet having not seen them previously you do relax a bit.

It wasnt a big issue, but memories of almost stepping on a night adder (highly venomous) when I was about DD's age did pop into mind in the moment and in a delayed reaction, I felt quite shaken a little later, but we got over it. I never let on to her of course, but used it as an opportunity to reiterate about proceeding with caution at all times.

Old 11-29-2010, 08:32 AM   #165
disney_princess_85
Liked the sky effect
If we feel like having pop tarts for breakfast we can

Another fab day Lee!

The snake incident sounds very scary.
January 2002- Disneyland Paris, Sequoia Lodge, October 2007- Disneyland Paris, Newport Bay Club, May 2008- Walt Disney World, Pop Century/Universal Studios, Royal Pacific Resort, January 2009- Disneyland Paris, Holiday Inn, March 2009- Disneyland Paris, Sequoia Lodge, May 2009- Disneyland Paris, Magic Circus, September 2009- Walt Disney World, Coronado Springs/Universal Studios, Hard Rock Hotel Club Level, November 2009- Disneyland Paris, Hotel Cheyenne, February 2010- Disneyland Paris, Magic Circus, May 2010- Disneyland Paris, Magic Circus, August-September 2010- Walt Disney World, Saratoga Springs/Universal Studios, Royal Pacific Resort Club Level, October 2010- Disneyland Paris, Magic Circus, December 2010-January 2011- Disneyland Paris, Magic Circus, September 2011- Walt Disney World, POFQ/Disney Dream/Walt Disney World, Saratoga Springs, October 2012- Walt Disney World, Pop Century/Disney Dream/Walt Disney World, Wilderness Lodge, February 2013- Disneyland Paris, Hotel Cheyenne, October 2013- Walt Disney World, Old Key West, Animal Kingdom Lodge, May 2014- Disneyland, Paradise Pier

Lauren
disney_princess_85 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: