Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > UK Trip Reports Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-14-2010, 02:56 PM   #136
2Tiggies
I am subscribing to this thread just so I can see your shirt
I like those water proof containers that hang around my neck on a lanyard

Quote:
Originally Posted by teetee830 View Post
Found your TR on another page. We are going to stay at POFQ in Dec, so I have loved all the detail and pics you have. Can't wait to read the rest.
Welcome! I have been meaning to post more pics on the POFQ thread. If I posted them all here it would no longer be a TR I think you'll really enjoy it. I would love to see what they do with it in terms of decorations over Christmas. It must be beautiful. Maybe you can let us know.
2Tiggies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2010, 05:44 PM   #137
tracipierce
DIS Veteran

Phew! Just read all 10 pages loving the TR so far, looking forward to reading more
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-15-2010, 04:56 AM   #138
disney_princess_85
Liked the sky effect
If we feel like having pop tarts for breakfast we can

Great pics Lee!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Tiggies View Post
It was time to enter Dinoland. I find this part of the park a little out of place. I think it’s the music and theming that make it feel ‘cheap’. The dino theme is fine but just too much like part of a regular theme park – maybe it’s just me.
I agree.

Quote:
LOVE the popcorn bucket. I wish I'd seen this!

Quote:
I think we rode EE nine times in one day, if my notes are accurate.
Yikes! Rather you than me. I love thrill rides but I just can't enjoy EE. I think it's because it goes backwards.

Looking forward to more!
January 2002- Disneyland Paris, Sequoia Lodge, October 2007- Disneyland Paris, Newport Bay Club, May 2008- Walt Disney World, Pop Century/Universal Studios, Royal Pacific Resort, January 2009- Disneyland Paris, Holiday Inn, March 2009- Disneyland Paris, Sequoia Lodge, May 2009- Disneyland Paris, Magic Circus, September 2009- Walt Disney World, Coronado Springs/Universal Studios, Hard Rock Hotel Club Level, November 2009- Disneyland Paris, Hotel Cheyenne, February 2010- Disneyland Paris, Magic Circus, May 2010- Disneyland Paris, Magic Circus, August-September 2010- Walt Disney World, Saratoga Springs/Universal Studios, Royal Pacific Resort Club Level, October 2010- Disneyland Paris, Magic Circus, December 2010-January 2011- Disneyland Paris, Magic Circus, September 2011- Walt Disney World, POFQ/Disney Dream/Walt Disney World, Saratoga Springs, October 2012- Walt Disney World, Pop Century/Disney Dream/Walt Disney World, Wilderness Lodge, February 2013- Disneyland Paris, Hotel Cheyenne, October 2013- Walt Disney World, Old Key West, Animal Kingdom Lodge, May 2014- Disneyland, Paradise Pier

Lauren
disney_princess_85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 05:08 AM   #139
2Tiggies

Quote:
Originally Posted by disney_princess_85 View Post
LOVE the popcorn bucket. I wish I'd seen this!
I actually had to look for it. I had seen pictures posted on the MNSSHP thread before we left and went to ask about it at MK the first day we were there as I couldn't find them and understood that they were not party-specific merchandise. The CM said they had sold out over the weekend and expected to recieve more stock but weren't sure when. It turned out they had some at AK though and I wasn't going to risk it so carted the bucket full of popcorn around with me for the rest of the day We never even ate the popcorn and I should have just asked for the bucket as I could have put things into it.

Funny, I didn't see them around at the party at MK.

Still to come: The ride I eventually tried that I will NEVER EVER EVER do again!

Quote:
Yikes! Rather you than me. I love thrill rides but I just can't enjoy EE. I think it's because it goes backwards.
Ha, well if you decide to have children you may discover that the parent does not always have the final say .... or the last laugh But you know this.
Old 11-15-2010, 05:32 AM   #140
disney_princess_85
Liked the sky effect
If we feel like having pop tarts for breakfast we can

Quote:
I actually had to look for it. I had seen pictures posted on the MNSSHP thread before we left and went to ask about it at MK the first day we were there as I couldn't find them and understood that they were not party-specific merchandise. The CM said they had sold out over the weekend and expected to recieve more stock but weren't sure when. It turned out they had some at AK though and I wasn't going to risk it so carted the bucket full of popcorn around with me for the rest of the day We never even ate the popcorn and I should have just asked for the bucket as I could have put things into it.
It's so cute. It seems rather exclusive so I bet you're pleased you managed to snag one!

Quote:
Still to come: The ride I eventually tried that I will NEVER EVER EVER do again!
Oh dear, that doesn't sound too promising!

Quote:
Ha, well if you decide to have children you may discover that the parent does not always have the final say .... or the last laugh But you know this.
So true!
January 2002- Disneyland Paris, Sequoia Lodge, October 2007- Disneyland Paris, Newport Bay Club, May 2008- Walt Disney World, Pop Century/Universal Studios, Royal Pacific Resort, January 2009- Disneyland Paris, Holiday Inn, March 2009- Disneyland Paris, Sequoia Lodge, May 2009- Disneyland Paris, Magic Circus, September 2009- Walt Disney World, Coronado Springs/Universal Studios, Hard Rock Hotel Club Level, November 2009- Disneyland Paris, Hotel Cheyenne, February 2010- Disneyland Paris, Magic Circus, May 2010- Disneyland Paris, Magic Circus, August-September 2010- Walt Disney World, Saratoga Springs/Universal Studios, Royal Pacific Resort Club Level, October 2010- Disneyland Paris, Magic Circus, December 2010-January 2011- Disneyland Paris, Magic Circus, September 2011- Walt Disney World, POFQ/Disney Dream/Walt Disney World, Saratoga Springs, October 2012- Walt Disney World, Pop Century/Disney Dream/Walt Disney World, Wilderness Lodge, February 2013- Disneyland Paris, Hotel Cheyenne, October 2013- Walt Disney World, Old Key West, Animal Kingdom Lodge, May 2014- Disneyland, Paradise Pier

Lauren
disney_princess_85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 06:24 AM   #141
Chilly
I was having a bit of a blonde moment
D'oh!
Married my prince at WDW

brilliant update, good on those two little old ladies
Chilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 06:39 AM   #142
VailaTigger
DIS Veteran

I love chatting to other people in ride / bus queues, it's great!

We met some really lovely people this time, and some lovely CM's too!

Enjoying your trippie, must do more of mine, life just seems to have taken over from trippie writing at the moment!
2010 - April, Pop Century, 2 weeks
2012 - September, Animal Kingdom Lodge, 2 weeks honeymoon
VailaTigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 08:27 AM   #143
teetee830
"If you can dream it you can do it."~Walt Disney

Quote:
Welcome! I have been meaning to post more pics on the POFQ thread. If I posted them all here it would no longer be a TR I think you'll really enjoy it. I would love to see what they do with it in terms of decorations over Christmas. It must be beautiful. Maybe you can let us know.
I'll certainly let you know how the Christmas decorations are I plan to fill my SD card.

]
teetee830 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 10:18 AM   #144
2Tiggies

Quote:
Originally Posted by teetee830 View Post
I'll certainly let you know how the Christmas decorations are I plan to fill my SD card.
I like that idea! Rather too many than too few photos. We came back with around 3000. Of course not all of them are worth keeping so I'll probably spend the next year sorting them. I just LOVE Christmas time though so in a way it is odd that i haven't been then.
Old 11-15-2010, 10:21 AM   #145
2Tiggies

Quote:
Originally Posted by tracipierce View Post
Phew! Just read all 10 pages loving the TR so far, looking forward to reading more
Quote:
Oh dear, that doesn't sound too promising!
Oh don't worry, it will probably be funny for those of you reading about it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chilly View Post
brilliant update, good on those two little old ladies
Oh they were amazing. I am quite chuffed that they are in our ride pic that we bought!

Quote:
Originally Posted by VailaTigger View Post
I love chatting to other people in ride / bus queues, it's great!

We met some really lovely people this time, and some lovely CM's too!

Enjoying your trippie, must do more of mine, life just seems to have taken over from trippie writing at the moment!
Ah, life does that. I am so enjoying writing this though and find myself frustrated when I can't find the time.
Old 11-15-2010, 12:31 PM   #146
SusanEllen
DIS Veteran

Another excellent installment describing a wonderful, memorable day. I can't imagine you'd find a better co-conspirator for your adventures than the one you've got--she hangs in there on long days, rides the big coasters, and takes really good photos.

Just a word in defense of the ticky-tacky Dinoland--According to official accounts of the building of Animal Kingdom it seems the Imagineers intended it to look just this cheap, like the roadside tourist traps and amusement parks that used to line the American highways of the 1930s, '40s, and '50s (like the old snake farms and places where Seminole Indians wrestled alligators for tourists in Florida or simliar attractions along Route 66 in my part of the world and the world of Radiator Springs in "Cars"). So, in its way, the restaurants, rides, and gift shops in Dinoland are as true to their theme as the more substantial looking things in Asia and Africa at AK. Afraid the Imagineers were a little too "inside" on this decision though, because if you haven't experienced the old tourist traps or are at least aware of them, I'm afraid the area just comes off looking cheap and in sharp contrast to Disney quality. BTW, that's what made Disneyland instantly stand out from all other amusement parks in the mid-50s. None of us had ever seen anything so glorious before Disneyland.

Last edited by SusanEllen; 11-15-2010 at 12:43 PM.
SusanEllen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 01:11 PM   #147
2Tiggies

Quote:
Originally Posted by SusanEllen View Post
Another excellent installment describing a wonderful, memorable day. I can't imagine you'd find a better co-conspirator for your adventures than the one you've got--she hangs in there on long days, rides the big coasters, and takes really good photos.

Just a word in defense of the ticky-tacky Dinoland--According to official accounts of the building of Animal Kingdom it seems the Imagineers intended it to look just this cheap, like the roadside tourist traps and amusement parks that used to line the American highways of the 1930s, '40s, and '50s (like the old snake farms and places where Seminole Indians wrestled alligators for tourists in Florida or simliar attractions along Route 66 in my part of the world and the world of Radiator Springs in "Cars"). So, in its way, the restaurants, rides, and gift shops in Dinoland are as true to their theme as the more substantial looking things in Asia and Africa at AK. Afraid the Imagineers were a little too "inside" on this decision though, because if you haven't experienced the old tourist traps or are at least aware of them, I'm afraid the area just comes off looking cheap and in sharp contrast to Disney quality. BTW, that's what made Disneyland instantly stand out from all other amusement parks in the mid-50s. None of us had ever seen anything so glorious before Disneyland.
Thanks Susan Ellen. Yes, my little trooper does very well at keeping up. I may have mentioned (not sure if it was on this thread), we have circled the World Showcase 3 or 4 times in a day as well as backtracked across Epcot for FPs and touring plans and not once have I heard a complaint about walking. She has also done a few full days at MK (not this trip) from 8 am to 3 am I know, what kind of parent .... but the only complaint I ever get is hunger or heat. She's well trained!

I'm glad you posted the background to the Dinoland theming. On reading your post it makes so much sense, but I had no idea. I assumed Dinoland was another animal section of the Animal Kingdom so I expected a prehistoric version of the natural wonder you find in the rest of the park. It would be nice if they had a "Did you know" in some form. I know I will look at it differently next time!
Old 11-16-2010, 07:13 AM   #148
dixonsontour
DIS Veteran

Great update. I went on expedition everest for the first time this trip and once was enough for me.
20ish trips to USA 1997 onwards including All Star Movies Dec 2009 with DDP, OKW Oct 2010 with DDP, Floridays Resort Oct 2011, Bahama Bay resort May 2012, OKW Oct 2012 with DxDDP, All Star Movies Oct 2013 with DDP

DH 39 Me 39 DD 8

Perfectly Princess Tea Party Review Disney Dining 2010 Review
Dining on a budget - $100 a day with coupons All new Dining on a Budget of $100 May 2012
Dixons go Deluxe Oct/Nov 12
dixonsontour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2010, 10:57 AM   #149
taylor91
DIS Veteran

Great update I've finally caught up on page 10!
Sounds like you had an amazing time at AK, especially with all the times you went on EE lol. And those poor old ladies!
The popcorn bucket is so cute
I'm looking forward to your next instalment
By the way, could I ask how much a taxi was approx to the Prime/Premium outlets...(I can't rememeber which one you went to now ) i'm trying to decide taxi or bus... oneway or return etc
Old 11-18-2010, 01:52 PM   #150
BethEJo
I left the house at 5.45am - that's unheard of for a student
WDW CM 19/06/11 - 02/09/11

Quote:
Originally Posted by SusanEllen View Post

Just a word in defense of the ticky-tacky Dinoland--According to official accounts of the building of Animal Kingdom it seems the Imagineers intended it to look just this cheap, like the roadside tourist traps and amusement parks that used to line the American highways of the 1930s, '40s, and '50s (like the old snake farms and places where Seminole Indians wrestled alligators for tourists in Florida or simliar attractions along Route 66 in my part of the world and the world of Radiator Springs in "Cars"). So, in its way, the restaurants, rides, and gift shops in Dinoland are as true to their theme as the more substantial looking things in Asia and Africa at AK.
This is why I like it - it's "cute" almost!

Loved your day at AK Lee I'm not sure where I'm getting this from, but I get the feeling that Tove liked EE. Just a tad. Just a hunch I am getting

And i'm intrigued about this ride you will never ride again.....mwah ha ha haaaaaaa!
BethEJo is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: