Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-21-2010, 11:33 AM   #1
erincon23
Everyone must have gotten a life in the last few days
As you can see, I have gotten sidetracked

Girl from DS's dorm missing

A young girl named Antinette Keller, a student at Northern Illinois University, has been missing for a week. She lives in the same dorm as my DS -- he says they all know her (it's a very small dorm), and he is friends with the guy she broke up with shortly before she went missing. She left to go for a walk, carrying her camera and an art portfolio, and never returned. Apparently, the cops have told her ex boyfriend that several of her items were found in a "hobo camp" in a small wooded area, but there's been no sign of her. That info has not been publicized, however. We were at the campus last night for a choir concert, and there are posters all over, and it seems to be the talk of the town -- we went to a McDonald's after the concert and several groups of students were talking about this.

If you have any info, or think you can help in any way, please go to the "Missing Antinette Keller" page on FB for ways to help. If you search her name at todayshow.com, a news report will come up.

Our thoughts and prayers are with her family (her mom's been hospitalized for anxiety over this), and we pray for her safe return!

me DH DS16 DS20 On our last family trip, 3/09
erincon23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2010, 12:00 PM   #2
mommy2allgirls
Stay out of the damn lakes!

Oh goodness. i can't even imagine. I will be praying for her, her family, and all of those that have been around her.
Lyme Blog
mommy2allgirls is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-21-2010, 12:04 PM   #3
DawnCt1
I had to wonder what "holiday" he thought we would be celebrating with a tree?Answer: Arbor Day
Personally I have always wanted to be a super hero

How tragic. You send your children off to college and hope that you don't have to worry about this type of thing.
DawnCt1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2010, 02:54 PM   #4
Bren's Mom
DIS Veteran

Oh my... Praying for her safe return!
Old 10-21-2010, 03:23 PM   #5
The Mystery Machine
DIS Veteran

How awful!!! I cannot even imagine how her family is feeling.
The Mystery Machine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2010, 03:34 PM   #6
pixiedustaholic
DIS Veteran

I hope that she returns home safely. That is a parent's worst nightmare.

Please don't take this the wrong way...but there is probably good reason that the information you have shared hasn't been publicized. Usually it has to do with the police investigation. I realize the odds are slim that anyone on the Dis would be involved in the case but if your son or the girl's ex are sharing this information in the community, it could impair the investigation. Just a thought.

I do hope and pray she is found safe and sound.

Last edited by pixiedustaholic; 10-21-2010 at 03:35 PM. Reason: spelling
pixiedustaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2010, 03:41 PM   #7
daughtersrus
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by erincon23 View Post
A young girl named Antinette Keller, a student at Northern Illinois University, has been missing for a week. She lives in the same dorm as my DS -- he says they all know her (it's a very small dorm), and he is friends with the guy she broke up with shortly before she went missing. She left to go for a walk, carrying her camera and an art portfolio, and never returned. Apparently, the cops have told her ex boyfriend that several of her items were found in a "hobo camp" in a small wooded area, but there's been no sign of her. That info has not been publicized, however. We were at the campus last night for a choir concert, and there are posters all over, and it seems to be the talk of the town -- we went to a McDonald's after the concert and several groups of students were talking about this.

If you have any info, or think you can help in any way, please go to the "Missing Antinette Keller" page on FB for ways to help. If you search her name at todayshow.com, a news report will come up.

Our thoughts and prayers are with her family (her mom's been hospitalized for anxiety over this), and we pray for her safe return!

This is sad. My nephew is graduating from NIU in Dec (he was also there when the shooting happened) and my DD is teaching at a middle school in DeKalb. DD was told that their thinking it's a runaway case but it's still very scary.

We live pretty close to Plainfield as well so there are signs posted.

I hope that they find her quickly and safe!
daughtersrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2010, 03:47 PM   #8
padams
Hey, I've never posted on a locked thread before
I am always Cindy Lou Hoo
We've had them howling under our bedroom

Prayers for this young lady and her family.
padams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2010, 05:03 PM   #9
erincon23

Quote:
Originally Posted by pixiedustaholic View Post
I hope that she returns home safely. That is a parent's worst nightmare.

Please don't take this the wrong way...but there is probably good reason that the information you have shared hasn't been publicized. Usually it has to do with the police investigation. I realize the odds are slim that anyone on the Dis would be involved in the case but if your son or the girl's ex are sharing this information in the community, it could impair the investigation. Just a thought.

I do hope and pray she is found safe and sound.
I understand what you're saying - but no, it's pretty well known in the area. The case as a whole isn't getting very much publicity, but the school has been sending out info to the public. This isn't anything that was told to someone in confidence.

Old 10-21-2010, 05:10 PM   #10
dislaney
faithlovepixiedust

Prayers for the family.

That has got to be a parent's worst nightmare!
Old 10-21-2010, 05:21 PM   #11
dismom2
It bothers me to inhale my exhale

Prayers that she will be found safe and sound. How very scary and sad.
dismom2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2010, 05:34 PM   #12
mamacatnv
I am the queen of straw!
Almost anything can be fixed with pasta
Do my DH's "Shorty Shorts" count?
I go in search of code!

Our small town went thru something very similar a few years ago. Our thoughts and prayers go out that they find Antinette safe and sound. The more media generated the better - get her name and picture out there. You never know.

Sadly, our situation did not end well. Brianna Dennison, a beautiful young lady this community will always remember.
POFQ-1/1-1/9/07, ASMu-Dec 05/Jan 06 ASSp-Dec 99/Jan 00 Turn of the Century
Thanks AidensMom
mamacatnv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2010, 09:45 PM   #13
erincon23

Sad update -- WGN news just reported (9 pm Saturday) that human remains were found in the park they had been searching. They believe them to be Toni's, but no positive identification has been made yet. My DS and his BF, who both live in the same dorm as she did, are home for the weekend. They'll likely want to go back to school tomorrow early to be with their friends... this campus has had a lot of heartbreak in the last couple of years -- a shooting that killed several students just a couple of years ago, another shooting last spring, and several people have gone missing in this park. My heart is breaking for her family and friends.

Old 10-23-2010, 09:51 PM   #14
DisneyFan32WI
Sometimes I just like to be plain and boring

Quote:
Originally Posted by erincon23 View Post
Sad update -- WGN news just reported (9 pm Saturday) that human remains were found in the park they had been searching. They believe them to be Toni's, but no positive identification has been made yet. My DS and his BF, who both live in the same dorm as she did, are home for the weekend. They'll likely want to go back to school tomorrow early to be with their friends... this campus has had a lot of heartbreak in the last couple of years -- a shooting that killed several students just a couple of years ago, another shooting last spring, and several people have gone missing in this park. My heart is breaking for her family and friends.
What a horrible update. Sending my love and prayers to this family.
Old 10-23-2010, 10:02 PM   #15
N&B'smom
Cancer Survivor
I expect you to scrape an 'Acceptable' in your O.W.L., or suffer my...displeasure."

You said she just recently broke up with her boyfriend? I wonder if they suspect that he could be involved.

What a sad situation!

If you have to ask, you will never know. If you know, you need only ask. ~ Rowena Ravenclaw

Dark and difficult times lie ahead. Soon we must all face the choice between what is right and what is easy. ~ Albus Dumbledore
N&B'smom is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: