Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 10-23-2010, 05:01 PM   #16
Sue (mom of 3 boys!)
DIS Veteran
 
Sue (mom of 3 boys!)'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 2,265

Quote:
Originally Posted by shwarren70 View Post
Woohoo! We're in! Just booked for our gang...

Hi Sue, it's nice to meet you... And, well I know the other two crazies that have posted on this board.

This is going to be fun!
How do you all know each other?
__________________
~Sue


1972 WDW-off site, 1981 WDW-Poly, 1989 Big Red Boat & Contemp., 1994 WDW-WL, 2000 WDW-ASM & POR, 2002 WDW-ASMu, 2004 RCCL 4 nt, 2005-DCL 3nt Wonder, 2006 WDW-ASSp & RCCL 6nt Western, 2/2007 Universal and DCL 7 nt Eastern, 2/2009 Busch Gardens, Red Sox Spring Training and RCCL Independence of the Seas, 1/2012 mini stay at WDW and DCL Eastern cruise on the Magic--25th Anniversary trip with DH

Sue (mom of 3 boys!) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2010, 05:03 PM   #17
JenGC
DIS Veteran
 
JenGC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Nashville, TN
Posts: 2,722

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sue (mom of 3 boys!) View Post
How do you all know each other?
We all went on a 3 day cruise to the Bahamas Sept 30th. They are a great bunch of people. Very outgoing and easy to get along with. Well, except for StarGazer

You will LOVE them I am sure! We have some others that we are trying to get them to book the cruise so stay tuned!
__________________
JenGC is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 10-23-2010, 05:06 PM   #18
Sue (mom of 3 boys!)
DIS Veteran
 
Sue (mom of 3 boys!)'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 2,265

Quote:
Originally Posted by JenGC View Post
We all went on a 3 day cruise to the Bahamas Sept 30th. They are a great bunch of people. Very outgoing and easy to get along with. Well, except for StarGazer

You will LOVE them I am sure! We have some others that we are trying to get them to book the cruise so stay tuned!

Did you know each other before the cruise, or meet there?
__________________
~Sue


1972 WDW-off site, 1981 WDW-Poly, 1989 Big Red Boat & Contemp., 1994 WDW-WL, 2000 WDW-ASM & POR, 2002 WDW-ASMu, 2004 RCCL 4 nt, 2005-DCL 3nt Wonder, 2006 WDW-ASSp & RCCL 6nt Western, 2/2007 Universal and DCL 7 nt Eastern, 2/2009 Busch Gardens, Red Sox Spring Training and RCCL Independence of the Seas, 1/2012 mini stay at WDW and DCL Eastern cruise on the Magic--25th Anniversary trip with DH

Sue (mom of 3 boys!) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2010, 05:09 PM   #19
JenGC
DIS Veteran
 
JenGC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Nashville, TN
Posts: 2,722

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sue (mom of 3 boys!) View Post

Did you know each other before the cruise, or meet there?
We met on the thread here on the disboards. We were friends on facebook and texted each other on our phones. Then when we met on the cruise, it was like we had known each other forever!
__________________
JenGC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2010, 05:12 PM   #20
StarGazer99
DIS Veteran
 
StarGazer99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Illinois
Posts: 899

Quote:
Originally Posted by JenGC View Post
We all went on a 3 day cruise to the Bahamas Sept 30th. They are a great bunch of people. Very outgoing and easy to get along with. Well, except for StarGazer

You will LOVE them I am sure! We have some others that we are trying to get them to book the cruise so stay tuned!
WHAT!!!! How dare you lady I've never met before :whisper: she must be crazy :whisper:... you must have me confuse with someone else.. I'm 99 could you be speaking of 69..

Sue I'm just a Fabulous person to get to know.
__________________
Wilderness Lodge Sept 2010
First Cruise.. Sept 30 2010 Wonder Bahamas http://www.disboards.com/showthread....462045&page=11
Second Cruise Jan 14 2012 Magic Caribbean http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2580709

Jackie

StarGazer99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2010, 05:16 PM   #21
JenGC
DIS Veteran
 
JenGC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Nashville, TN
Posts: 2,722

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarGazer99 View Post
WHAT!!!! How dare you lady I've never met before :whisper: she must be crazy :whisper:... you must have me confuse with someone else.. I'm 99 could you be speaking of 69..

Sue I'm just a Fabulous person to get to know.
WHATEVER!! and it's not :whisper:
__________________
JenGC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2010, 05:19 PM   #22
JenGC
DIS Veteran
 
JenGC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Nashville, TN
Posts: 2,722

Oh and we are ******'s BIGGEST fan!
__________________
JenGC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2010, 06:14 PM   #23
sullyandsid
Mouseketeer
 
sullyandsid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: I live near Middlesbrough in England, UK
Posts: 118

We are coming along too

We have just booked our first disney cruise - and i cant believe that people we will be sharing the boat with are on here chatting already!

A little about us - my name is caz - and its me and my parter Julie who is coming along. we have never been on a cruise never mind a Disney cruise - but since we are DVC members we thought a Disney cruise would be the best way to start!

We are from the UK and are Disney fanatics - we have just returned from 2 weeks at OKW.

Looking forward to getting to know you all.

Take care

Caz
__________________
Counting the days to hear those two little words again - "Welcome Home"

sullyandsid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2010, 06:28 PM   #24
JenGC
DIS Veteran
 
JenGC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Nashville, TN
Posts: 2,722

Quote:
Originally Posted by sullyandsid View Post
We have just booked our first disney cruise - and i cant believe that people we will be sharing the boat with are on here chatting already!

A little about us - my name is caz - and its me and my parter Julie who is coming along. we have never been on a cruise never mind a Disney cruise - but since we are DVC members we thought a Disney cruise would be the best way to start!

We are from the UK and are Disney fanatics - we have just returned from 2 weeks at OKW.

Looking forward to getting to know you all.

Take care

Caz
Hey again! So glad you joined the meet thread! You are going to have a blast with these guys! WELCOME!
__________________
JenGC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2010, 07:35 PM   #25
discorsner
DIS Veteran
 
discorsner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 806

Hi guys! We are joining too! We are not doing a cruise in 2011 but we are doing 2 in 2012. I guess that is just how it worked out. We have picked this one and then a 7 night western on the Fantasy in June.

So far we have only done 2 short Wonder cruises with DCL so this one will be our first 7 night with DCL and we are so psyched.

It will be my DH and I (37 and 34 at time of cruise) and our two sons who will be 11 and 8 at the time of the cruise.

Looking forward to getting to know everybody. On our short cruises we weren't on the dis so much then and we never chatted with anyone or looked up our cruise on the dis. This will be a first for us. We have started chatting with the others on the Fantasy booking and it seems like dissers are so welcoming and interesting so we are really looking forward to meeting people on both cruises and having a great time!

Anybody else here have kids in the ages of 8 and 11 at time of cruise?
__________________
January 2014 Wilderness Lodge/Disney Dream June/July 2013 Beach Club Villas/ Vero Beach/ Disney Dream January 2013 Disney Wonder November 2012 Boardwalk June 2012 AKV/ Disney Fantasy/ SSR January 2012 Split stay Boardwalk/Grand Floridian September/October 2011 Port Orleans Riverside June/July 2011 Split stay CBR and Beach Club May 2010 First time to Disneyland!!!May 2010 Pop CenturyAugust 2009 Off Property Rental HouseMay 2009 POFQ/ Disney Wonder/ PolynesianMay 2008 Disney Wonder/ All-Star SportsMay 2006 All-Star Movies August 2002 Coronado SpringsMay 2002 Wilderness LodgeJanuary - May 1998 WDW College Program May 1996 Caribbean BeachAugust 1994 Off-Property- 1st trip to the World!
discorsner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2010, 07:44 PM   #26
JenGC
DIS Veteran
 
JenGC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Nashville, TN
Posts: 2,722

Quote:
Originally Posted by discorsner View Post
Hi guys! We are joining too! We are not doing a cruise in 2011 but we are doing 2 in 2012. I guess that is just how it worked out. We have picked this one and then a 7 night western on the Fantasy in June.

So far we have only done 2 short Wonder cruises with DCL so this one will be our first 7 night with DCL and we are so psyched.

It will be my DH and I (37 and 34 at time of cruise) and our two sons who will be 11 and 8 at the time of the cruise.

Looking forward to getting to know everybody. On our short cruises we weren't on the dis so much then and we never chatted with anyone or looked up our cruise on the dis. This will be a first for us. We have started chatting with the others on the Fantasy booking and it seems like dissers are so welcoming and interesting so we are really looking forward to meeting people on both cruises and having a great time!

Anybody else here have kids in the ages of 8 and 11 at time of cruise?
Hey there!! I have a 9 year old that will be 10 so sounds like she will be right in the middle of them! lol I have been on a 4 and 3 night and they were back to back. I would get the two cruises confused and that deemed me the honor of the thumper eating a waffle picture LOL
__________________
JenGC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2010, 08:51 PM   #27
shwarren70
DIS Veteran
 
shwarren70's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: NC
Posts: 594

Quote:
Originally Posted by JenGC View Post
We met on the thread here on the disboards. We were friends on facebook and texted each other on our phones. Then when we met on the cruise, it was like we had known each other forever!
We had a great time with each other and getting to know each other... It is amazing how quickly we all became friends!

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarGazer99 View Post
WHAT!!!! How dare you lady I've never met before :whisper: she must be crazy :whisper:... you must have me confuse with someone else.. I'm 99 could you be speaking of 69..

Sue I'm just a Fabulous person to get to know.
Woman - you are crazy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sullyandsid View Post
We have just booked our first disney cruise - and i cant believe that people we will be sharing the boat with are on here chatting already!

A little about us - my name is caz - and its me and my parter Julie who is coming along. we have never been on a cruise never mind a Disney cruise - but since we are DVC members we thought a Disney cruise would be the best way to start!

We are from the UK and are Disney fanatics - we have just returned from 2 weeks at OKW.

Looking forward to getting to know you all.

Take care

Caz
Welcome aboard! I'm Stephanie, I'm married to Lee, and this will be our 4th cruise... 2 short ones to Bahamas on the Wonder, and 1 coming up in May 2011 to Alaska (also on the Wonder).

Quote:
Originally Posted by discorsner View Post
Hi guys! We are joining too! We are not doing a cruise in 2011 but we are doing 2 in 2012. I guess that is just how it worked out. We have picked this one and then a 7 night western on the Fantasy in June.

So far we have only done 2 short Wonder cruises with DCL so this one will be our first 7 night with DCL and we are so psyched.

It will be my DH and I (37 and 34 at time of cruise) and our two sons who will be 11 and 8 at the time of the cruise.

Looking forward to getting to know everybody. On our short cruises we weren't on the dis so much then and we never chatted with anyone or looked up our cruise on the dis. This will be a first for us. We have started chatting with the others on the Fantasy booking and it seems like dissers are so welcoming and interesting so we are really looking forward to meeting people on both cruises and having a great time!

Anybody else here have kids in the ages of 8 and 11 at time of cruise?
My daughter is 7. By the time we go on this cruise, she will have just turned 9. Also, have a son that will be 3 on this cruise.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JenGC View Post
Hey there!! I have a 9 year old that will be 10 so sounds like she will be right in the middle of them! lol I have been on a 4 and 3 night and they were back to back. I would get the two cruises confused and that deemed me the honor of the thumper eating a waffle picture LOL
I'm so glad you will only have to worry about one bunch! LOL!
__________________
Me-Stephanie, DH-Lee, DD-Aubrey , and DS-Luke

We're going for the Dream! September 2013

Silver Castaway Cay Member - Wonder - Feb 2008, Sep 2010, May 2011; Magic - Jan 2012, DVC Member - 2007 SSR & 2009 - BLT

shwarren70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2010, 09:03 PM   #28
JenGC
DIS Veteran
 
JenGC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Nashville, TN
Posts: 2,722

Quote:
Originally Posted by shwarren70 View Post
I'm so glad you will only have to worry about one bunch! LOL!
I KNOW you are glad! You dont have to keep reminding me which cruise I am talking about! You guys kept confusing me talking about dates that I was already on the ship. I thought you guys had lost it when in reality *I* was the one loosing her grip in reality! rofl
__________________
JenGC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2010, 11:15 PM   #29
JenGC
DIS Veteran
 
JenGC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Nashville, TN
Posts: 2,722

Steph, what cabin number did you get?
__________________
JenGC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2010, 06:58 AM   #30
Sue (mom of 3 boys!)
DIS Veteran
 
Sue (mom of 3 boys!)'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 2,265

Quote:
Originally Posted by JenGC View Post
Oh and we are ******'s BIGGEST fan!
OK, who is ******??? Fill me in please.
__________________
~Sue


1972 WDW-off site, 1981 WDW-Poly, 1989 Big Red Boat & Contemp., 1994 WDW-WL, 2000 WDW-ASM & POR, 2002 WDW-ASMu, 2004 RCCL 4 nt, 2005-DCL 3nt Wonder, 2006 WDW-ASSp & RCCL 6nt Western, 2/2007 Universal and DCL 7 nt Eastern, 2/2009 Busch Gardens, Red Sox Spring Training and RCCL Independence of the Seas, 1/2012 mini stay at WDW and DCL Eastern cruise on the Magic--25th Anniversary trip with DH

Sue (mom of 3 boys!) is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:49 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: