Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-27-2010, 01:41 PM   #136
Lorelei528
DIS Veteran

Hey! I have a question, when you book through a TA (like me now!), who books Palo and stuff? You or the TA?

Also, Jen. I am having trouble logging in to the DU website...what the heck is my password/how do I find out what my password is?!?!??

Eoghan will be at Palo brunch too btw. And we're going to do the dinner since we missed it the last time!

May 2014 (BLT), Dec 2013 (BLT/AKL), Sept/Oct '12 (AKV/DCL), Jan '11 (AKL),Sept/Oct '10 (AKL/BLT/DCL/BWV), Sept '09 (BLT), April/May '09 (BW/AKL), Sept/Oct 08 (POP/AKL), Nov 03 (ASMovies/AKL), Nov 01 (CBR), Nov 97 (Disney Village Resort), '87 (off property), '77 (CR)
Lorelei528 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2010, 02:42 PM   #137
JenGC
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorelei528 View Post
Hey! I have a question, when you book through a TA (like me now!), who books Palo and stuff? You or the TA?

Also, Jen. I am having trouble logging in to the DU website...what the heck is my password/how do I find out what my password is?!?!??

Eoghan will be at Palo brunch too btw. And we're going to do the dinner since we missed it the last time!
To book any excursions or Palos ressie or anything like that, you go through DCL's site. I dont think your TA will have access to that.

They give you a password, or ask for one, when they book you. I actually signed up with a password when I got my first quote and they kept it the same throughout (which is good because I would forget it if they kept changing it! )

OK thats fine. I didnt know if we wanted this to be a ladies thing or what.
Register to remove

Old 10-27-2010, 03:41 PM   #138
Sue (mom of 3 boys!)
DIS Veteran

Our crazy night just got cancelled due to weather, so I have 5 minutes to check in and say hi. So, hi

Where is everyone planning to stay the night before the cruise? I think we're staying at the Residence Inn or Courtyard.
We are going to fly down on Wednesday and stay at WDW 'till Friday afternoon, maybe go to the parks for 2 days--where will depend on deals and how much money we have saved up. I'd love to surprise Dave with a savannah room at AKL.

I think our room (7520) is the only one with no stateroom report. The rooms near it got good ones though, so I think we should be OK.

I think my 5 minutes are up--I promised to make pizza and the dough is ready.

TTFN!!

1972 WDW-off site, 1981 WDW-Poly, 1989 Big Red Boat & Contemp., 1994 WDW-WL, 2000 WDW-ASM & POR, 2002 WDW-ASMu, 2004 RCCL 4 nt, 2005-DCL 3nt Wonder, 2006 WDW-ASSp & RCCL 6nt Western, 2/2007 Universal and DCL 7 nt Eastern, 2/2009 Busch Gardens, Red Sox Spring Training and RCCL Independence of the Seas, 1/2012 mini stay at WDW and DCL Eastern cruise on the Magic--25th Anniversary trip with DH

Sue (mom of 3 boys!) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2010, 03:47 PM   #139
JenGC
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sue (mom of 3 boys!) View Post
Our crazy night just got cancelled due to weather, so I have 5 minutes to check in and say hi. So, hi

Where is everyone planning to stay the night before the cruise? I think we're staying at the Residence Inn or Courtyard.
We are going to fly down on Wednesday and stay at WDW 'till Friday afternoon, maybe go to the parks for 2 days--where will depend on deals and how much money we have saved up. I'd love to surprise Dave with a savannah room at AKL.

I think our room (7520) is the only one with no stateroom report. The rooms near it got good ones though, so I think we should be OK.

I think my 5 minutes are up--I promised to make pizza and the dough is ready.

TTFN!!
Hi! I am not sure what I am going to do. I usually (well, the first cruise) come in the night before and spend the night at Port Canaveral but I would have to take off work on Friday AND the airfares are cheaper on Saturday. I hate cutting it close like that ESPECIALLY in January! We usually get our winter weather then. Plus, I hate to fly. I am still not sure if we are going to drive or fly down there. I want to drive but mom hates driving and thinks Victoria wont be able to handle a 12 hour hard drive. I think she is just trying to find an excuse to fly again. In Sept when I flew, I was TERRIFIED! I dont see how anyone couldnt being that high off the ground. UNNATURAL!! Anyway, that is not what you asked. There goes that rabbit again!

if we drive, or if we fly in the night before, I was thinking of staying at WDW. More than likely they will have some kind of discount code for that time of year. It will probably run the same amount as icky Radisson. Then it is just a 45 minute drive to the port.
Old 10-27-2010, 04:38 PM   #140
Lorelei528
DIS Veteran

I don't know what we're going to do yet either....still have to decide if we want to fly in the night before, we would probably just stay at the Hyatt at the airport and then take DCL transport to the port. But we don't want to have to deal with our luggage, so maybe we'll just fly in that morning...I'll have to do more research and think about it. Thank goodness we have plenty of time!

May 2014 (BLT), Dec 2013 (BLT/AKL), Sept/Oct '12 (AKV/DCL), Jan '11 (AKL),Sept/Oct '10 (AKL/BLT/DCL/BWV), Sept '09 (BLT), April/May '09 (BW/AKL), Sept/Oct 08 (POP/AKL), Nov 03 (ASMovies/AKL), Nov 01 (CBR), Nov 97 (Disney Village Resort), '87 (off property), '77 (CR)
Old 10-27-2010, 05:42 PM   #141
JenGC
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I don't know what we're going to do yet either....still have to decide if we want to fly in the night before, we would probably just stay at the Hyatt at the airport and then take DCL transport to the port. But we don't want to have to deal with our luggage, so maybe we'll just fly in that morning...I'll have to do more research and think about it. Thank goodness we have plenty of time!
ooohhh Thats an idea. What time of day do you think you will fly in? Do they have any good restaurants there?
Old 10-27-2010, 06:36 PM   #142
Sue (mom of 3 boys!)
DIS Veteran

Quote:
You are more brave than I am! I am SO paranoid about missing a flight because of snow. On our last DCL trip we alomst didn't make it out. We were on the last flight before the airport closed down. No other flights would have been available and we would have missed the cruise. We flew on a Wednesday (? or Thursday), but it was the week before Feb vacation, which is a HUGE factor around here--everyone who can evacuates to warmer climates in February, lol.
Dave and I are also lucky with schedule flexibility, so we take advantage of it on occasion.
I can't believe I am thinking about details when the cruise is still over a year away. I am definitely a planaholic!!

1972 WDW-off site, 1981 WDW-Poly, 1989 Big Red Boat & Contemp., 1994 WDW-WL, 2000 WDW-ASM & POR, 2002 WDW-ASMu, 2004 RCCL 4 nt, 2005-DCL 3nt Wonder, 2006 WDW-ASSp & RCCL 6nt Western, 2/2007 Universal and DCL 7 nt Eastern, 2/2009 Busch Gardens, Red Sox Spring Training and RCCL Independence of the Seas, 1/2012 mini stay at WDW and DCL Eastern cruise on the Magic--25th Anniversary trip with DH

Sue (mom of 3 boys!) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2010, 06:51 PM   #143
JenGC
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sue (mom of 3 boys!) View Post
You are more brave than I am! I am SO paranoid about missing a flight because of snow. On our last DCL trip we alomst didn't make it out. We were on the last flight before the airport closed down. No other flights would have been available and we would have missed the cruise. We flew on a Wednesday (? or Thursday), but it was the week before Feb vacation, which is a HUGE factor around here--everyone who can evacuates to warmer climates in February, lol.
Dave and I are also lucky with schedule flexibility, so we take advantage of it on occasion.
I can't believe I am thinking about details when the cruise is still over a year away. I am definitely a planaholic!!
YAY!!! I am too! I am glad I have a plan buddy! hehehehehe
Old 10-27-2010, 07:26 PM   #144
Lorelei528
DIS Veteran

Hey I am too!!! Dammit.

Well now that you mention it, though the chances of a major snow storm are not great for early January, it is a possibility I suppose...I will look into flying in the night before perhaps. But I really don't want to take another vacation day....I guess it would be better than missing the cruise! Ack! (and EEK!)

Jen-I'm not sure about restaurants at the Hyatt..I will look into it!

So, I'm thinking I want to change our stateroom! I found out our verandah is smaller than others! I have e-mailed Kelsie already, so hopefully she can help me. We may even upgrade to the clear wall verandah if we have to.....

Old 10-27-2010, 07:32 PM   #145
Lorelei528
DIS Veteran

Oh hey! Jen, are we still linked to you even though we're with DU now? Would that have stayed the same? I want to make sure we're eating together!

Old 10-27-2010, 07:42 PM   #146
JenGC
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Oh hey! Jen, are we still linked to you even though we're with DU now? Would that have stayed the same? I want to make sure we're eating together!
How exactly did you link to my reservation? It would explain if you would still be connected or not.
Old 10-27-2010, 07:44 PM   #147
JenGC
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Hey I am too!!! Dammit.

Well now that you mention it, though the chances of a major snow storm are not great for early January, it is a possibility I suppose...I will look into flying in the night before perhaps. But I really don't want to take another vacation day....I guess it would be better than missing the cruise! Ack! (and EEK!)
I know me either plus the flight is going to be more expensive...like twice the amount if they are having a sale. But I really REALLY dont want to miss the boat hahhaahaah
Quote:
Jen-I'm not sure about restaurants at the Hyatt..I will look into it!
Thanks!
Quote:
So, I'm thinking I want to change our stateroom! I found out our verandah is smaller than others! I have e-mailed Kelsie already, so hopefully she can help me. We may even upgrade to the clear wall verandah if we have to.....
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!! STAY WITH USSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!
Old 10-27-2010, 07:45 PM   #148
StarGazer99
DIS Veteran

OK people .. the last trip I was packed 6 mo in advance... can anyone beat that.

Jackie

StarGazer99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2010, 07:49 PM   #149
JenGC
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarGazer99 View Post
OK people .. the last trip I was packed 6 mo in advance... can anyone beat that.
I got nothing
Old 10-27-2010, 07:49 PM   #150
Lorelei528
DIS Veteran

ummm...I did when I booked it with DCL...

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: