Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-14-2011, 08:43 AM   #436
livingis2me
DIS Veteran

What a "magical" (I'm not a fan of when people use these puns) cruise! The ship itself is definitely showing it's age, but the staff makes up for it. The Dis-ers we cruised with really helped make it an extra special cruise. Even after being on RCCL's beautiful Independence of the Seas (which so far is my favorite overall ship so far) earlier in the year, this one was the best cruise we've been on. I think I'll have a new favorite ship when we go on The Allure of the Seas this September, but it will be hard for it to beat the overall experience of this past cruise.

Great trip report! ...But I guess it's really over. Or is it??? I believe we were promised a video...

love ya!
Ron
Old 03-14-2011, 09:50 AM   #437
DundasDad
Mouseketeer

LOVED the trip report! We are off this Saturday for our first cruise ever (Magic - WC too!) and I feel a LOT better because of the details and hints you've provided.

CLAP, CLAP, CLAP! (I'm standing, but you can't see that .. ) lol

Port Orleans Riverside March 2009
Kissimmee Condo (Grumpy's Villa) March 2010
Western Magic March 2011
Eastern Magic & Port Orleans Riverside March 2012
Double Dip on the Dream July 2015

DundasDad is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-14-2011, 12:19 PM   #438
Jennifer48
Not a Disney bride but engaged and honeymooned at Disney!

Great job, as always!

Thanks for all the helpful information! We'll be taking our first western next year so I love all your port info.

Thanks again Nenner family!
Aulani: '13
My Latest Invention: The Traffic-eliminator-inator!
A Road Trip Engagement
Best Friends and New Friends - A MAGICal Tale
My First Disney Cruise Trip Report
Jennifer48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 03:37 PM   #439
MAGICFOR2
DIS Veteran

Aww, so sad to see your cruise end, but I guess all good things do, right? I loved seeing how much fun your family has together! I'm looking forward to your next Disney adventure!
MAGICFOR2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 04:01 PM   #440
nenner1
I must've been distracted by the Cafe Press Logo Thong talk!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKSWonder View Post
I am in complete denial that it is actually over. Reading your report and Ellen's made the whole thing last longer. It feels like such a long time since we will be there again....probably because it is, a year and a half!

If you do a trip report for your upcoming Allure trip, post a link here...I would love to read it. I'm thinking we might be ready to give RCCL a try someday.
Thanks Jane, it was such a delight cruising with you and your family, and all of the amazing people we had in our group!!

Yes I'm sure I will do a TR on the Allure! I'll be sure to come back here and post a link..it will probably be on Cruise Critic unless I can find enough comparison to DCL to justify posting it somewhere on the Dis (the RCCL threads here always end badly LOL)...or then again I could post it on the CB. We'll see, but for sure there will be one!!!

Psst...summer 2012 will be here before we know it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvc4life View Post
Great report Jen! I'm really gonna miss reading about your adventures and seeing the cute pictures of your kids. It truly has been an enjoyable read. Hope to see you do another report sometime in the future!
Thanks so much Chris, it was great to have you sailing along with us! There will definitely be more TR's..as many as my siggy can handle!

Quote:
Originally Posted by livingis2me View Post
What a "magical" (I'm not a fan of when people use these puns) cruise! The ship itself is definitely showing it's age, but the staff makes up for it. The Dis-ers we cruised with really helped make it an extra special cruise. Even after being on RCCL's beautiful Independence of the Seas (which so far is my favorite overall ship so far) earlier in the year, this one was the best cruise we've been on. I think I'll have a new favorite ship when we go on The Allure of the Seas this September, but it will be hard for it to beat the overall experience of this past cruise.
True, RCCL is a whole different animal, great, but you can't create the special atmosphere you get by participating in the meet threads here, that's for sure!

Quote:
Great trip report! ...But I guess it's really over. Or is it??? I believe we were promised a video...

love ya!
Ron
You're right and I am working on it! Now that I have imovie on my phone, it should be moving along quickly. I'm struggling to keep it at a reasonable length!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DundasDad View Post
LOVED the trip report! We are off this Saturday for our first cruise ever (Magic - WC too!) and I feel a LOT better because of the details and hints you've provided.

CLAP, CLAP, CLAP! (I'm standing, but you can't see that .. ) lol

Aw, thanks so much Sean! So glad it has helped you. Now go on this week and have an AMAZING TIME!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jennifer48 View Post
Great job, as always!

Thanks for all the helpful information! We'll be taking our first western next year so I love all your port info.

Thanks again Nenner family!
Oh you are so very welcome! When I first found the Dis I did it through a google search and at first the only board I saw was the DCL TR board so I read everything here over again and then some (and eventually found the other boards too.) I'm so glad sharing here has helped others with their cruises like I was helped with mine (and still am to this day!) It's such a valuable tool!

Hope you and your family have a fantastic cruise!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAGICFOR2 View Post
Aww, so sad to see your cruise end, but I guess all good things do, right? I loved seeing how much fun your family has together! I'm looking forward to your next Disney adventure!
Thanks Tammie, you are so right! It's almost your turn for an amazing repo adventure..I can't wait to read about your trip up the West Coast..and someday we will sail together!!!

Royal Caribbean Allure of the Seas 9/2011- NEW! TRIP REPORT! - Disney Magic 7 Night Western 10/2010: Trip Report - Royal Caribbean Independence of the Seas 1/2010: Trip Report and Videos - Disney Magic 7 Night Western Double Dip 09/08: Trip Report - Disney Wonder 3 Night Bahamas 10/07: Trip Report - Disney Wonder 4 Night Bahamas 03/07: Trip Report
nenner1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 09:03 PM   #441
verygfy
DIS Veteran

Awesome job!! Thank you so much for writing this and letting me tag along, it has been so helpful. Will you be writing a TR on your Allure cruise, I would love to read all about it.
verygfy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 08:01 AM   #442
podsnel
just skippin' around, amusing myself...

So sad to see it end!! AGAIN!!! We loved spending time with all of you on this cruise- I just knew we would all get along so well, and I am so glad my instincts were right- you have a wonderful family, Jen! Can't wait to see you all again!!

Oh, and PLEEEEEZZZZZ come on the DISmoms trip! It will be a great time!! Both this year AND next year!!

By the way- I forgot we took that pic the last night! Thanks for posting it!
podsnel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 10:02 AM   #443
jessrose18
ADVENTURE IS OUT THERE!!

Thanks for the report I really loved it!
Old 03-15-2011, 01:53 PM   #444
nenner1

Quote:
Originally Posted by verygfy View Post
Awesome job!! Thank you so much for writing this and letting me tag along, it has been so helpful. Will you be writing a TR on your Allure cruise, I would love to read all about it.
You're so very welcome..Thank You for reading and your comments along the way! Yes I will definitely do an Allure TR, it will probably be on Cruise Critic but I'll be sure to post a link!

Quote:
Originally Posted by podsnel View Post
So sad to see it end!! AGAIN!!! We loved spending time with all of you on this cruise- I just knew we would all get along so well, and I am so glad my instincts were right- you have a wonderful family, Jen! Can't wait to see you all again!!
Awwwww...thanks!!! You guys too..it was such a blast. Can;t express enough how much fun we had with you guys. We *WILL* do it again someday! Promise!

Quote:
Oh, and PLEEEEEZZZZZ come on the DISmoms trip! It will be a great time!! Both this year AND next year!!
This year for sure, of course, next year...we;;....we'll have to see...we priced it and it wasn't too bad. I *think* we can swing it as long as no large unexpected expenses pop up (and believe me I would like nothing more!) You'll have to bug Ron to put a deposit down! He does usually cave to unrelenting pressure! Just sayin'

Quote:
By the way- I forgot we took that pic the last night! Thanks for posting it!
you're welcome! All my pics that night I look a little drunk. LOL. I wasn't though!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessrose18 View Post
Thanks for the report I really loved it!
Thank you so much for reading! I'm so glad you liked it!!!

Royal Caribbean Allure of the Seas 9/2011- NEW! TRIP REPORT! - Disney Magic 7 Night Western 10/2010: Trip Report - Royal Caribbean Independence of the Seas 1/2010: Trip Report and Videos - Disney Magic 7 Night Western Double Dip 09/08: Trip Report - Disney Wonder 3 Night Bahamas 10/07: Trip Report - Disney Wonder 4 Night Bahamas 03/07: Trip Report
Old 03-16-2011, 06:45 PM   #445
JKSWonder
Twelve plus trips and counting

Quote:
Originally Posted by nenner1 View Post
Thanks Jane, it was such a delight cruising with you and your family, and all of the amazing people we had in our group!!

Yes I'm sure I will do a TR on the Allure! I'll be sure to come back here and post a link..it will probably be on Cruise Critic unless I can find enough comparison to DCL to justify posting it somewhere on the Dis (the RCCL threads here always end badly LOL)...or then again I could post it on the CB. We'll see, but for sure there will be one!!!

Psst...summer 2012 will be here before we know it!
I shall have to stalk you on Cruise Critic then! My user name there is the same as here, so give a shout out if you see me there and I will make sure to keep an eye out for your trip report.
JKSWonder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 07:33 PM   #446
tinkerbelltwins
DIS Veteran

Jen, Thanks so much for everything -- the TOT, the lanyards, the great advice either on the meet board or PM'd, the trip report, etc. You and Ron are the greatest. The Van Beeks hope to cruise with you again and again!!!!!

Beth
tinkerbelltwins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2011, 01:43 PM   #447
CRdisMom
DIS Veteran

what a wonderful end to the trip.....I will see you guys in a short time. Ins't it amazing the people you meet here? We are all so lucky! See you in MAY wooooo-hooooooo!!!

CRdisMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2011, 08:00 AM   #448
floydfamily4
DIS Veteran

I loved reading your report and can't thank you enough for sharing your journey with us!! I hope to be on the Fantasy next year and I hope we're on with you - you know how to party! Thanks again
Old 03-21-2011, 12:11 PM   #449
nenner1

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKSWonder View Post
I shall have to stalk you on Cruise Critic then! My user name there is the same as here, so give a shout out if you see me there and I will make sure to keep an eye out for your trip report.
Ha ha! I'm the same over there too, I don't post NEARLY as much there, though as the Allure cruise gets closer I will have to start asking some questions over yonder. I hate how they limit pics to 5 per post, makes my TR's over there not as good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkerbelltwins View Post
Jen, Thanks so much for everything -- the TOT, the lanyards, the great advice either on the meet board or PM'd, the trip report, etc. You and Ron are the greatest. The Van Beeks hope to cruise with you again and again!!!!!

Beth
Oh thanks so much Beth, we had a blast with you and Steve and the girls! We would love to cruise with you again! Still wish we were with the gang on 8/25 but who knows what 2013 and beyond will bring for all of us, I hope we find a way to do it all again!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRdisMom View Post
what a wonderful end to the trip.....I will see you guys in a short time. Ins't it amazing the people you meet here? We are all so lucky! See you in MAY wooooo-hooooooo!!!
Thanks Laura, you are so right! I can't wait to party like a DisMom! Woot! April is sooo busy for us I know it will be here in no time! Can't wait to meet ya in May!

Quote:
Originally Posted by floydfamily4 View Post
I loved reading your report and can't thank you enough for sharing your journey with us!! I hope to be on the Fantasy next year and I hope we're on with you - you know how to party! Thanks again
Oh thank you so much, it is truly my pleasure to share our experiences! Woo hoo, we are booked on the 9/22/12 Eastern and we would love to have you join us!!!

Old 03-21-2011, 01:31 PM   #450
jns
Tries hard to get the jelly off Jaffa Cakes without breaking it!!!!

Thanks again for a wonderful trip report
2007 Animal Kingdom , Disney Magic , Saratoga Springs,NYC
2008 DLRP Santa Fa , Beachclub Villas, Wilderness Lodge ,Disney Magic and New York

2009 BayLake Towers, Beachclub Villas and Disney Wonder 2011 Disney Magic, Mediterranean Cruise, Old Key West2012 Los Vegas, Grand Calf and San Fran 2013 Disney fantasy , Wilderness Lodge and Vero Beach

We now know the secert too!! Trip report 2006 Trip Report 2008 WDW / DCL
jns is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cruise, dcl, halloween, magic, trip report

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: