Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 01-18-2011, 02:12 PM   #271
nenner1
I must've been distracted by the Cafe Press Logo Thong talk!
 
nenner1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: TAMPA, FL
Posts: 3,564

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jennifer48 View Post
That excursion looked fabulous! With exception of the meltdown of course
LOL, yep it was quite a meltdown too. The screaming seemed to bounce off the boat and echo, even with all those people onboard. Everyone was great about it though. at least to my face! I guess most of them had been there, done that however! Next to Savannah's meltdown on a plane when she was 3, worst.meltdown.evah. The plane one was really bad though!

You can see the pics? I'm going to have to reset the links I'm getting bandwidth exceeded.
__________________


Royal Caribbean Allure of the Seas 9/2011- NEW! TRIP REPORT! - Disney Magic 7 Night Western 10/2010: Trip Report - Royal Caribbean Independence of the Seas 1/2010: Trip Report and Videos - Disney Magic 7 Night Western Double Dip 09/08: Trip Report - Disney Wonder 3 Night Bahamas 10/07: Trip Report - Disney Wonder 4 Night Bahamas 03/07: Trip Report
nenner1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 04:03 PM   #272
podsnel
just skippin' around, amusing myself...
 
podsnel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Scotch Plains, NJ
Posts: 6,673

OOPS!!! Sorry about that! I'm good with no one seeing it anymore! OMG.....

I'm sorry you had a rough day out there with Miss Sarah...at least it didn't rain!!! Think of how much more fun THAT would have been! If you ever want to do a private tour, I HIGHLY recommend the Eco-Outrage Tour- we did that in 2007. John Micheal, the captain, took us out to Stingray City first thing- we got there before anyone else, had the whole thing pretty much to ourselves- the weather was HORRIBLE, and the seas were rough that day, too, but it was still incredible. Timmy was 9 and was COMPLETELY freaked out by the stingrays, we put him back on the boat (sounds like some kids were like that on your tour, too). Then we went to the reef to snorkel- it is MUCH BETTER you did not go there if the water was rough, because it was REALLY HARD to get back to the boat- actually, Tyler didn't like that part, because the water was so deep. Then we went to Kaibo for lunch, and the kids went tubing off the back of the boat, we went to a beach with huge starfish, and then tubed some more. It was a great day, but it was weird because the weather was sooooooooooo bad! But what can you do? We just laughed at the ridiculousness of it.

Great update! I'm so sorry you didn't get to snorkel, though!
podsnel is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 01-18-2011, 05:33 PM   #273
nenner1
I must've been distracted by the Cafe Press Logo Thong talk!
 
nenner1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: TAMPA, FL
Posts: 3,564

Quote:
Originally Posted by podsnel View Post
OOPS!!! Sorry about that! I'm good with no one seeing it anymore! OMG.....
Whoopsie, I already updated the links....

Quote:
I'm sorry you had a rough day out there with Miss Sarah...at least it didn't rain!!! Think of how much more fun THAT would have been!
Sooo true!!!!

Quote:
If you ever want to do a private tour, I HIGHLY recommend the Eco-Outrage Tour- we did that in 2007. John Micheal, the captain, took us out to Stingray City first thing- we got there before anyone else, had the whole thing pretty much to ourselves- the weather was HORRIBLE, and the seas were rough that day, too, but it was still incredible. Timmy was 9 and was COMPLETELY freaked out by the stingrays, we put him back on the boat (sounds like some kids were like that on your tour, too). Then we went to the reef to snorkel- it is MUCH BETTER you did not go there if the water was rough, because it was REALLY HARD to get back to the boat- actually, Tyler didn't like that part, because the water was so deep. Then we went to Kaibo for lunch, and the kids went tubing off the back of the boat, we went to a beach with huge starfish, and then tubed some more. It was a great day, but it was weird because the weather was sooooooooooo bad! But what can you do? We just laughed at the ridiculousness of it.
That sounds fantastic, even with the horrible weather! I would love to do something like that, it was just you guys? Was that on your last TR? I don't remember, I might have to go back and look again!

Quote:
Great update! I'm so sorry you didn't get to snorkel, though!
Oh, thanks..it was OK though, I'd seen it before, and Ron said it was much better snorkeling last time. I don't feel like I really missed out on anything.

Hey it's better with the pictures..LOL, they're fixed now!
__________________


Royal Caribbean Allure of the Seas 9/2011- NEW! TRIP REPORT! - Disney Magic 7 Night Western 10/2010: Trip Report - Royal Caribbean Independence of the Seas 1/2010: Trip Report and Videos - Disney Magic 7 Night Western Double Dip 09/08: Trip Report - Disney Wonder 3 Night Bahamas 10/07: Trip Report - Disney Wonder 4 Night Bahamas 03/07: Trip Report
nenner1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 10:59 PM   #274
anewmac
Ive got nothing planned whats an OCVP to do?
 
anewmac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Temecula, Ca
Posts: 2,680

Water looks amazing even with the choppiness.

I think the Captain needs to stay out of the sun or use some spf 100 LOL.

Oh and dont feel bad the boys have breakdowns like Sarah when we go places and they are tired, hungry and hot... and they are 8,12, and 37 LMAO

I still dont think I could do the stingrays... it freaks me out. LOL
__________________
Drea
anewmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 11:14 PM   #275
Fastpaks
Living the Dream, One Image at a time!
 
Fastpaks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: STL
Posts: 611

I was thinking with all the pictures of the entire group and the stingrays, it looked like it was out of a scene from Cocoon. I know my parents went on this excursion and it was the only thing that I wish we would be able to again.

I remember a comedian talking about kids and how much they blah blah blah, cry cry cry, ask ask ask ask, and then you see them sleep. For a moment, you think the most adorable little thing in the world. Cute kid Definitely, looking forward to the "ville" in the next one!
__________________
You only live life once, so laugh a little.
Fastpaks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 01:53 PM   #276
mvlimmex
DIS Veteran
 
mvlimmex's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Southwest Wisconsin
Posts: 1,662

We too are waiting for the fall 2012 itineraries to come out. We would like to do an Eastern too. We were looking towards the end of Oct. because we usually get a couple days of school off around that time frame, but you never know......we will have to keep the Sept/Oct time frame in mind. That would be so much fun to be able to be on the same cruise again.

Sorry about your meltdown with Sarah. I know exactly how it is because our 3 year old Isaac had enough of them on the cruise too. I can totally relate.

Adriane will enjoy seeing her and Savannah in some pictures on your trip report. Nachi Cocum should be coming up soon...my husband Marty loved it there and wants to go back to Cozumel again sometime.

Looking forward to reading more

Vicki
__________________


Its kinda fun to do the impossible!
~Walt Disney

Me DH DD(15) DS(11) DD(10) DS(6) DS (4) and DS (1)
mvlimmex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 02:16 PM   #277
nenner1
I must've been distracted by the Cafe Press Logo Thong talk!
 
nenner1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: TAMPA, FL
Posts: 3,564

Quote:
Originally Posted by anewmac View Post
Water looks amazing even with the choppiness.

I think the Captain needs to stay out of the sun or use some spf 100 LOL.
LMAO...well he is like 9,000 years old. (OK Actually I think he is 90. Ha!)

Quote:
Oh and dont feel bad the boys have breakdowns like Sarah when we go places and they are tired, hungry and hot... and they are 8,12, and 37 LMAO
so glad we aren't the only ones.

Quote:
I still dont think I could do the stingrays... it freaks me out. LOL
Now, for that I'd pay to go a third time. LOL! To see you jumping around screaming every time one of 'em brushes past ya!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fastpaks View Post
I was thinking with all the pictures of the entire group and the stingrays, it looked like it was out of a scene from Cocoon. I know my parents went on this excursion and it was the only thing that I wish we would be able to again.
OMG you're right, it does look like Cocoon! Love that movie, it was filmed in St. Pete, at the time I lived in Seminole which was like a suburb of St. Pete almost, we felt real famous to have had that movie filmed there (usually the kind of movies filmed in our area are more along the caliber of Summer Rental....lol!)

Quote:
I remember a comedian talking about kids and how much they blah blah blah, cry cry cry, ask ask ask ask, and then you see them sleep. For a moment, you think the most adorable little thing in the world. Cute kid
Yeah to see her like that, you'd never expect the little manic heathen she can turn into! Hehe!

Quote:
Definitely, looking forward to the "ville" in the next one!
I was sorting my pictures and thinking "Man I lost a LOT of pictures from that day"...then I remembered I gave you the batteries out of the big camera and I used the little one. LOL. Coming soon, today or tomorrow...promise!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mvlimmex View Post
We too are waiting for the fall 2012 itineraries to come out. We would like to do an Eastern too. We were looking towards the end of Oct. because we usually get a couple days of school off around that time frame, but you never know......we will have to keep the Sept/Oct time frame in mind. That would be so much fun to be able to be on the same cruise again.
Yes it would! The girls would have a blast! I wish they would hurry up and put out those dates, I feel naked and purposeless not having a meet thread going on!! Or something like that! Ha!

Quote:
Sorry about your meltdown with Sarah. I know exactly how it is because our 3 year old Isaac had enough of them on the cruise too. I can totally relate.
LOL, he was so cute every time I saw him. But I know how fast they can turn!!

Quote:
Adriane will enjoy seeing her and Savannah in some pictures on your trip report. Nachi Cocum should be coming up soon...my husband Marty loved it there and wants to go back to Cozumel again sometime.
Oh we did too! I want to go back when the kids are a little bit older so they can just go do their thing and we can do ours!!! That place is like paradise!

Quote:
Looking forward to reading more

Vicki
Thanks Vicki! Working on the next part now!
__________________


Royal Caribbean Allure of the Seas 9/2011- NEW! TRIP REPORT! - Disney Magic 7 Night Western 10/2010: Trip Report - Royal Caribbean Independence of the Seas 1/2010: Trip Report and Videos - Disney Magic 7 Night Western Double Dip 09/08: Trip Report - Disney Wonder 3 Night Bahamas 10/07: Trip Report - Disney Wonder 4 Night Bahamas 03/07: Trip Report
nenner1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 07:51 PM   #278
tinkerbelltwins
DIS Veteran
 
tinkerbelltwins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Neverland!
Posts: 1,448

Hi Jen,
The memories keep flooding back reading your trip report! Hope loved the sting rays and after going out once Skye would have nothing to do with them -- she didn't like that they were "dark and slimey" to use her words. So I stayed on the boat with her after the first attempt.

And let me say here: Little Miss Sarah was a trooper! For being a toddler she has the makings for a real seasoned traveler. We've all been there, done that, with meltdowns. No one cared a whit that she was letting her feelings be known. And she looked adorable all passed out on the boat too. Isn't amazing that when they go down for the count, it happens so quickly! I loved the fact that there were people of all ages on the boat. It was fun talking to people from all over. It was a super cool Disrayday!!!


Beth
tinkerbelltwins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 09:23 PM   #279
podsnel
just skippin' around, amusing myself...
 
podsnel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Scotch Plains, NJ
Posts: 6,673

Quote:
Originally Posted by anewmac View Post
Water looks amazing even with the choppiness.

I think the Captain needs to stay out of the sun or use some spf 100 LOL.

Oh and dont feel bad the boys have breakdowns like Sarah when we go places and they are tired, hungry and hot... and they are 8,12, and 37 LMAO

I still dont think I could do the stingrays... it freaks me out. LOL


I'm with Jen- I'd pay CASH MONEY to see that!!

You are soooooo freakin' funny, Drea!!!
podsnel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 11:49 PM   #280
TheThomsLuvDisney
DIS Veteran
 
TheThomsLuvDisney's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: 3088 miles from WDW in Seattle!
Posts: 570

Your Sarah sounds soooo much like our Sammie. She would fight sleep, I would want to pull my hair out and then she would finally crash hard. The pictures of Sarah sleeping on the seat of the boat is very reminiscent of several pics in our family albums! Now at 10 years old, she is my easy child and the 14 year old daughter makes me want to pull my hair out!
__________________
DH Me DD (17) DD (13)

DCL Feb 2014 Fantasy Eastern~SSR
DCL Feb 2013 Fantasy Western~BLT
Aulani April 2012
DCL Feb 2011 Dream B2B~AKL
DCL Jan 2010 Magical Eastern~CBR
DCL Jan 2008 Magical Western~SSR
DCL Jan 2006 Magical Western~POP
DCL Jan 2005 Magical Eastern~WL
DCL Jan 1999 7 Day Land/Sea~POFQ
TheThomsLuvDisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 12:39 PM   #281
JKSWonder
Twelve plus trips and counting
 
JKSWonder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: New York
Posts: 1,561

Quote:
Originally Posted by nenner1 View Post
LOL, yep it was quite a meltdown too. The screaming seemed to bounce off the boat and echo, even with all those people onboard. Everyone was great about it though. at least to my face! I guess most of them had been there, done that however! Next to Savannah's meltdown on a plane when she was 3, worst.meltdown.evah. The plane one was really bad though!

You can see the pics? I'm going to have to reset the links I'm getting bandwidth exceeded.
A certain 4 1/2 year old of mine got put in time out more than once on the cruise. We had to escort him out of a restaurant at least twice until he was able to get it together.

Once, we had him stand and face the wall in Parrot Cay until he calmed down and apologized. Too bad I didn't get a picture of that......ah, memories!
__________________
JKSWonder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 12:57 PM   #282
tinkerbelltwins
DIS Veteran
 
tinkerbelltwins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Neverland!
Posts: 1,448

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKSWonder View Post
A certain 4 1/2 year old of mine got put in time out more than once on the cruise. We had to escort him out of a restaurant at least twice until he was able to get it together.

Once, we had him stand and face the wall in Parrot Cay until he calmed down and apologized. Too bad I didn't get a picture of that......ah, memories!
And then there were my two imps. Instead of having meltdowns at the restaurant, they played the weak bladder game. We would get to the restaurant, manage to place our orders, and a short while later I'd hear one of them say "mommy I need to go to the bathroom." Of course, the other one shook their head no when I inquired if she needed to go too. I would escort one to the potty, came back, and then, lo and behold, the other one had to go. And so on, and so on. I should have worn a sign that said "headed to the ladies room, does anybody else's child need an escort?"

Beth
tinkerbelltwins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 03:27 PM   #283
JKSWonder
Twelve plus trips and counting
 
JKSWonder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: New York
Posts: 1,561

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkerbelltwins View Post
And then there were my two imps. Instead of having meltdowns at the restaurant, they played the weak bladder game. We would get to the restaurant, manage to place our orders, and a short while later I'd hear one of them say "mommy I need to go to the bathroom." Of course, the other one shook their head no when I inquired if she needed to go too. I would escort one to the potty, came back, and then, lo and behold, the other one had to go. And so on, and so on. I should have worn a sign that said "headed to the ladies room, does anybody else's child need an escort?"

Beth
If you had, I would have taken you up on it cause my daughter does the exact same thing to me every time we go out to eat!
__________________
JKSWonder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 02:18 PM   #284
nenner1
I must've been distracted by the Cafe Press Logo Thong talk!
 
nenner1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: TAMPA, FL
Posts: 3,564

Quote:
Originally Posted by podsnel View Post
[/B]

I'm with Jen- I'd pay CASH MONEY to see that!!

You are soooooo freakin' funny, Drea!!!
Yeah she is...cracks me up. The three of us on a cruise together would be downright dangerous!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheThomsLuvDisney View Post
Your Sarah sounds soooo much like our Sammie. She would fight sleep, I would want to pull my hair out and then she would finally crash hard.
Yep exactly!


Quote:
The pictures of Sarah sleeping on the seat of the boat is very reminiscent of several pics in our family albums! Now at 10 years old, she is my easy child and the 14 year old daughter makes me want to pull my hair out!
LOL that is too funny. I have a feeling it's going to be that way around here too. Savannah was my easy baby but I have a feeling she is going to be a terror in a few years too! Hang in there!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKSWonder View Post
A certain 4 1/2 year old of mine got put in time out more than once on the cruise. We had to escort him out of a restaurant at least twice until he was able to get it together.

Once, we had him stand and face the wall in Parrot Cay until he calmed down and apologized. Too bad I didn't get a picture of that......ah, memories!
LOL that's right you told me about that!! That would have been a great pic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkerbelltwins View Post
Hi Jen,
The memories keep flooding back reading your trip report! Hope loved the sting rays and after going out once Skye would have nothing to do with them -- she didn't like that they were "dark and slimey" to use her words. So I stayed on the boat with her after the first attempt.
That's too funny!

Quote:
And let me say here: Little Miss Sarah was a trooper! For being a toddler she has the makings for a real seasoned traveler. We've all been there, done that, with meltdowns. No one cared a whit that she was letting her feelings be known. And she looked adorable all passed out on the boat too. Isn't amazing that when they go down for the count, it happens so quickly! I loved the fact that there were people of all ages on the boat. It was fun talking to people from all over. It was a super cool Disrayday!!!


Beth
Oh I totally agree about it being such a great excursion It was the great company!! Thanks so much for your kind words I can look back and laugh now but I was pretty horrified at the time. She did it at Nachi too and I eventually gave up trying to get her to sleep and let her just do what she wanted even though I knew she really needed the nap. She got one eventually during the show I think!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkerbelltwins View Post
And then there were my two imps. Instead of having meltdowns at the restaurant, they played the weak bladder game. We would get to the restaurant, manage to place our orders, and a short while later I'd hear one of them say "mommy I need to go to the bathroom." Of course, the other one shook their head no when I inquired if she needed to go too. I would escort one to the potty, came back, and then, lo and behold, the other one had to go. And so on, and so on. I should have worn a sign that said "headed to the ladies room, does anybody else's child need an escort?"

Beth
Quote:
Originally Posted by JKSWonder View Post
If you had, I would have taken you up on it cause my daughter does the exact same thing to me every time we go out to eat!
Oh yeah BTDT for sure! When Brendan and Savannah were younger...it was one...then the other....then the first one again. Like a parade!
__________________


Royal Caribbean Allure of the Seas 9/2011- NEW! TRIP REPORT! - Disney Magic 7 Night Western 10/2010: Trip Report - Royal Caribbean Independence of the Seas 1/2010: Trip Report and Videos - Disney Magic 7 Night Western Double Dip 09/08: Trip Report - Disney Wonder 3 Night Bahamas 10/07: Trip Report - Disney Wonder 4 Night Bahamas 03/07: Trip Report
nenner1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 05:47 PM   #285
jns
Tries hard to get the jelly off Jaffa Cakes without breaking it!!!!
 
jns's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Donegal Ireland
Posts: 10,579

finally catching up
great report
__________________
1997 Dixie Landing and St Petes beach 1999 All Stars Sports 2002 Amerisuites and Beach Club 2004 Port Orleans and All Star Sports
2005 Port Orleans and The Contemporary
2006 New York , Pop Century, Disney Wonder and Port Orleans
2007 Animal Kingdom , Disney Magic , Saratoga Springs,NYC
2008 DLRP Santa Fa , Beachclub Villas, Wilderness Lodge ,Disney Magic and New York

2009 BayLake Towers, Beachclub Villas and Disney Wonder 2011 Disney Magic, Mediterranean Cruise, Old Key West2012 Los Vegas, Grand Calf and San Fran 2013 Disney fantasy , Wilderness Lodge and Vero Beach

We now know the secert too!! Trip report 2006 Trip Report 2008 WDW / DCL
jns is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
cruise, dcl, halloween, magic, trip report



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:44 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: