Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-11-2011, 09:46 AM   #241
Jennifer48
Not a Disney bride but engaged and honeymooned at Disney!

to no UFOs on this cruise!

Sarah's interaction with Stitch was adorable!

I figured for the beer tasting you'd get some kind of exotic or no-name beers to try. I've had all those! Guess a beer tasting will not be on my to-do list next cruise!
Aulani: '13
My Latest Invention: The Traffic-eliminator-inator!
A Road Trip Engagement
Best Friends and New Friends - A MAGICal Tale
My First Disney Cruise Trip Report
Jennifer48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 02:03 PM   #242
nenner1
I must've been distracted by the Cafe Press Logo Thong talk!

Quote:
Originally Posted by anewmac View Post
So Jealous no UFO's awesome!
Welll....that may not be 100% accurate...now it is true we never saw the Mcikey pool closed this time, which after last time where it seemed to be closed over 60% of the cruise-was wonderful! But right as we were leavig the Goofy pool on the last sea day we saw someone throw up in it, and they had to close it. But we were already leaving, whew!

Quote:
Beer tasting Oh yeaaahhhhh! im still not into Guinness at all. unless its used to cook with. I love beer, but i dont steer too far so this was a nice "tasting"
Agreed, it's right up your alley...LOL!!!!

Quote:
Love that Sarah is getting so much special attention. How cool. What a great memory for years to come.
Yeah that was so cool- I had no idea they did that in Flounder's...so awesome!!

Quote:
Glad you guys got special alone time also!
Yeah a little bit. It was a little rough at times I'm not gonna lie. By the last sea day, we had several hours scheduled in FR but Sarah was NOT having any part of it, finally we just left her there kicking and screaming. We only had 45 minutes of our time left and they were booked full but just to get that few minutes of relaxation was wonderful. And of course by the time we picked her up she had calmed down.

Quote:
Originally Posted by livingis2me View Post
Another great update!
It's fun to recall the beer tasting. I think it's so funny how everyone talks about Guiness being an acquired taste. Why train yourself to like something? If you don't like it to begin with... What makes someone think they have to teach themselves to like something that is supposed to be for pleasure???? And to think they drink it room temp in Europe... Oh well... I'm sure Europeans are looking at me and thinking how can he drink that ice cold Bud Light?
Yep...I did like one of those beers, too bad I can't remember which. It was one of the light ones though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jennifer48 View Post
to no UFOs on this cruise!

LOL, well kindof. Like I mentioned to Drea above there was a Code V a the Goofy pool (or what do they call it @ WDW, a protein spill???) Lucikly we were already leaving when that occurred!

Quote:
Sarah's interaction with Stitch was adorable!
Oh yeah, she was so stinking cute with the characters. And she made a few fans among other members of the staff too!

Quote:
I figured for the beer tasting you'd get some kind of exotic or no-name beers to try. I've had all those! Guess a beer tasting will not be on my to-do list next cruise!
Yeah, I would have much preferred the martini tasting, but Ron isn't much of a martini guy. Oh well. While not exotic, it still was fun. I'm glad we did it, and I do think it was worth the cost (I think it was $15/pp). it was a good amount of beer quantity wise, and they were coming around at the end and refilling for some.

Royal Caribbean Allure of the Seas 9/2011- NEW! TRIP REPORT! - Disney Magic 7 Night Western 10/2010: Trip Report - Royal Caribbean Independence of the Seas 1/2010: Trip Report and Videos - Disney Magic 7 Night Western Double Dip 09/08: Trip Report - Disney Wonder 3 Night Bahamas 10/07: Trip Report - Disney Wonder 4 Night Bahamas 03/07: Trip Report
nenner1 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-13-2011, 06:30 AM   #243
myelton01
Mouseketeer

Glad the pools were open for you with no UFO's until you left!
I'm not a beer person either but I'm fairly sure DH will beg to go to the beer tasting! Sarah is a lucky girl getting all that attention. It stinks though that your alone time was cut short. We are taking MIL along so that maybe DH and I can have some alone time also. Can't wait to read more!
Old 01-13-2011, 10:06 AM   #244
podsnel
just skippin' around, amusing myself...

The beer tasting looked great- but, like you, I'm not much of a beer drinker (well, anymore...I WAS in college once! ). Although I do like Guiness, go figure!! And I REALLY like Blue Moon- that probably is the one I pick when I'm havin more than one....or even just one....
podsnel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 12:18 PM   #245
JKSWonder
Twelve plus trips and counting

We did the tequila tasting. I wanted the martini tasting, but we had a scheduling conflict. I forget why...maybe because I did Tea with Alice with Allison instead? The things I sacrifice for that child!
Old 01-13-2011, 02:06 PM   #246
livingis2me
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKSWonder View Post
We did the tequila tasting. I wanted the martini tasting, but we had a scheduling conflict. I forget why...maybe because I did Tea with Alice with Allison instead? The things I sacrifice for that child!
I really wanted to do that one. How was it?

Ron
Old 01-13-2011, 05:38 PM   #247
nenner1

Princes, Princesses and a Mouse

After a wonderful day at sea, dusk began to fall, and it was time to get gussied up for Formal night. The theme this evening is now Prince and Princess, with a special dinner menu and the Twice Charmed show in the Walt Disney Theater.

We did not see Twice Charmed on our last cruise and did not want to miss it this time. We made it down to the very packed theater with only a few minutes to spare, and were lucky to get seats off to the side. The show was wonderful, billed as a retelling of the Cinderella story. I thought I might be a bit bored with it, but being Disney, I should have known better. It was really very entertaining and I am happy to report I did not doze off at all. (Something about that theater, I swear itís the cure for insomnia!)
I lost many pictures and video from this evening due to memory card failure, so here are some stock pictures of the show from the Disney site:

Right after the show, we exited into a rather large line of folks waiting for formal pictures with Mickey. AS much as Sarah loves Mickey, how could we resist?

After our photo shoot, we made our way to the Atrium, where the Captainís Welcome Reception Cocktail Party was winding down. As we passed the rebooking desk up on Deck 5, we noticed it was not busy at all, with no line and only one couple being served. We hovered in the area, waiting to be the next ones to rebook and go ahead and get that out of the way. It gets very busy around the rebooking desk as the cruise goes on, and there is usually only one CM staffing it, and the hours are limited. So my advice is to take care of your rebooking business as early as possible in the cruise.

I was offered a cocktail as I waited but I did not realize it was complimentary and passed on it..bad me! Then Ron walked up with one (he had been strolling around people watching while we waited). It was actually a pretty good cocktail, a fruity boat drink!

What? Whereís our free drinks?

We had to wait a bit for our turn at the desk (we are always behind the people rebooking who have no clue what they are doing, or what they want and have a million questions). But once it was finally our turn we completed the rebooking process very quickly. We were only rebooking a dummy date so it was quick and painless.

By the time we were finished rebooking, it was time to head into dinner. As we passed through the Atrium on Deck 3, the photo lines were still crazy, except for poor Captain Thord. He had no wait! Geez, and he bought the drinks, KWIM?

Dinner tonight for us was in the very-appropriate-for-formal-night Lumiereís. We were led to our table which was in the very back corner of the room near the back door and behind a serving station. It wasnít a very glamorous location, but it did give us easy escape when needed.

This is our first experience with the Prince and Princess menu. Iíll admit I wasnít too thrilled with it when I looked it over prior to our cruise, but it would end up having one of my most favorite entrees of the entire cruise.

Everything started off well in the crazy baby department, but the clock is tickingÖ(the clock is always ticking!)

To start things off with appetizers, Ron chose the Belleís Scallops Au Gratin. They were very good.

The appetizers and soup/salad menu did not entice me much, so all I had was the Roasted Roma Tomatoes and Goat Cheese over Mixed Greens. This was alright. As you can see from the picture it is one roasted tomato and a nugget of goat cheese with some greens. The basalmic dressing was very tasty, and even though this salad didnít go far, it was very rich.

The bread this evening- and all cruise long- was extra good. It reads on the menu as a Fig and Date Ciabatta roll, but we also received French rolls in our basket. Both breads were very good with the killer creamy mint dip that accompanied them. It was only a hint of mint in a tangy spread. So good. I loves me some carbs.

The kids meals were out promptly between the soup/salad course and the entrees- perfectly timed. Sarah had the usual- chicken strips. Brendan had pork chops, which he devoured, and Savannah had the good old standby Minnieís Mini Burger with a side of Mickeyhead ketchup!

Our entrees quickly followed and once again Ron and I had made the same selection: the Parma-Ham Wrapped Chicken Breast stuffed with Mozzarella and Roma Tomatoes served with Fingerling Potatoes drizzled with Spinach Pesto.

This right here was delicious!!! I could have eaten two or three of these bad boys. The chicken was moist and tender, stuffed with tangy Roma Tomatoes and gooey mozzarella. The Parma Ham was salty, tender and richly flavorful. Two thumbs up from us!

Hereís where things started to drag a bit. Sarah became bored and irritable, and there must have been a hangup of some sort from the kitchen because the dessert course was just not coming. I had to make a run to our stateroom to retrieve something for Sarah and the aft elevators were not working at all. After I stood there forever waiting for the Mickey hands to move, eventually realizing that something was up when they moved to point at ď3Ē but the doors never opened. Then a trip to the restroom revealed a problem with the sinks. A poor CM was stationed inside with wipes because the plumbing was not working in there at all (mens or ladies). Thankfully the toilets were flushing, it was just the sinks that werenít operational. That would be a stinky job to have to do (bad pun intended).

In any event, Iím not sure if the water situation was affecting the kitchen, but we waited for-ev-er for dessert. And looking at the dessert menu, we donít even recall having dessert that evening. I think I would have remembered eating Prince Charmingís Chilled Chocolate Souffle, which I am sure I did not have.

So if not dessert, what were we waiting for, you ask? Well, this was the evening we had chosen to do Brendanís birthday celebration. And apparently everyone else with a birthday this cruise had also chosen this night as we heard the Happy Birthday serenade time and time again as we impatiently waited for Brendanís turn.

Finally Gabor, Mahendra, and Passayu approached with the big fluffy strawberry filled cake for Brendan, along with a few other servers who serenaded him for his birthday. I had videotaped them singing to him and presenting him with his cake, but sadly that is among the pictures and videos from that day I lost due to my faulty memory card.

We did get some shots of him displaying his cake back in the room, however:

This evening lovely swans graced the beds in both rooms:

Sarah was beside herself so I tried to get her calmly to sleep as quickly and quietly as possible. Thank goodness for the Disney Classic Cartoon channel, she loved it. I only wished there had been more cartoons on that loop, as we got tired of the 10 or so they were showing pretty quickly, especially the "Who's on First" baseball one.

Meanwhile Ron and the kids were up for another round of Karaoke, after which Brendan headed off to another late night at the Edge.

And just like that, we are already almost halfway done with the cruise!

Up Next: 70 Disers and one boat

Royal Caribbean Allure of the Seas 9/2011- NEW! TRIP REPORT! - Disney Magic 7 Night Western 10/2010: Trip Report - Royal Caribbean Independence of the Seas 1/2010: Trip Report and Videos - Disney Magic 7 Night Western Double Dip 09/08: Trip Report - Disney Wonder 3 Night Bahamas 10/07: Trip Report - Disney Wonder 4 Night Bahamas 03/07: Trip Report
Old 01-13-2011, 06:20 PM   #248
nenner1

Quote:
Originally Posted by myelton01 View Post
Glad the pools were open for you with no UFO's until you left!
I'm not a beer person either but I'm fairly sure DH will beg to go to the beer tasting! Sarah is a lucky girl getting all that attention. It stinks though that your alone time was cut short. We are taking MIL along so that maybe DH and I can have some alone time also. Can't wait to read more!
That is the best thing you can do, is to have MIL there, trust me! I keep telling my mom she can join us for just her fare....in hopes to get that built in babysitter but it never works out. I'm sure you will get some alone time. We wish we could have had more but we knew what we were getting into before hand....

Quote:
Originally Posted by podsnel View Post
The beer tasting looked great- but, like you, I'm not much of a beer drinker (well, anymore...I WAS in college once! ). Although I do like Guiness, go figure!! And I REALLY like Blue Moon- that probably is the one I pick when I'm havin more than one....or even just one....
LOL, when there's no tequila.....what else ya gonna do? I think Blue Moon might have been the one I liked, too!

Quote:
Another one I would have liked to have done! I probably should have tried to take the girls to Tea with Alice too, I bet they would have liked it!! Was it good, did Allison like it?

Quote:

Ron
Oh, you want to do them ALL!

Old 01-13-2011, 07:46 PM   #249
livingis2me
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by nenner1 View Post

Oh My... What a look!!!

Another great update!!!
Old 01-14-2011, 09:11 AM   #250
JKSWonder
Twelve plus trips and counting

Quote:

Ron
It was good. The CM who did the tasting was very funny and entertaining. I was a little taken aback at first being faced with prospect of downing 5 or 6 straight shots of tequila, but somehow, Mike and I managed!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nenner1;
We had to wait a bit for our turn at the desk (we are always behind the people rebooking who have no clue what they are doing, or what they want and have a million questions). But once it was finally our turn we completed the rebooking process very quickly. We were only rebooking a dummy date so it was quick and painless.

Sarah was beside herself so I tried to get her calmly to sleep as quickly and quietly as possible. Thank goodness for the Disney Classic Cartoon channel, she loved it. I only wished there had been more cartoons on that loop, as we got tired of the 10 or so they were showing pretty quickly, especially the "Who's on First" baseball one.
We tried to wait in that re-booking line at least twice, but we gave up both times. We knew what we wanted, so we left the card. I got a message later that they were overwhelmed with requests and that they would get back to me after the cruise, but it would still be re-booked as if I had done so on board. I think I received an email about 3 days after we got back that it was booked and that I just had to make the required deposit within a certain amount of time.

The classic Disney cartoons, they saved us and drove us crazy all at the same time. Michael became obsessed with the one where Donald is making a cake and accidentally adds glue to the batter. We could not get out of the stateroom if that clip was on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nenner1 View Post

Another one I would have liked to have done! I probably should have tried to take the girls to Tea with Alice too, I bet they would have liked it!! Was it good, did Allison like it?
It was good. Maybe a bit too young for Allison I think, but I think she liked the just her and me time. It would probably be perfect for Sarah. They served apple juice and large chocolate chip cookies, played some games (run around the table if you hear a certain phrase, that kind of thing) and each child got to take a picture with Alice and the Mad Hatter seated at the tea table they had set up in front. I thought it was cute.

I do wish Allison was a little more outgoing. I had to coax her into participating in the goofy stuff.
Old 01-14-2011, 10:01 AM   #251
myelton01
Mouseketeer

The kids look so cute all dressed up!!! Glad you got to see Twice Charmed this time. I love the look on your son's face when he's holding up the food for your picture.

Well, this cruise for MIL was a Thank You, so DH and I are paying for everything but souvenirs for her. She has the kids in her room with her, as her request, so DH and I have the balcony room to ourselves every night.

Great update! Can't wait to read more!
Old 01-14-2011, 11:42 AM   #252
Elfinjojo
Mouseketeer

Another fab update - as always!!

LOL at the ever present Ketchup Mickey head. I wonder how many litres of Ketchup DCL actually go thru in a week

JoJo

Elfinjojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2011, 01:28 PM   #253
CRdisMom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elfinjojo View Post

LOL at the ever present Ketchup Mickey head. I wonder how many litres of Ketchup DCL actually go thru in a week
If my family were there..we would need a case to ourselves Seriously how can one family go thru so much. When we were at WCC this fall and they brought the million bottles of ketchup , my girls were in heaven until they realized they had to give it back.

CRdisMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2011, 09:40 AM   #254
nenner1

Quote:
Oh My... What a look!!!

Another great update!!!
Yeah that's a "Why the heck are you taking pictures of my food?!?!?" look!

Quote:
It was good. The CM who did the tasting was very funny and entertaining. I was a little taken aback at first being faced with prospect of downing 5 or 6 straight shots of tequila, but somehow, Mike and I managed!
Yeah, shots of good tequila is different than the watered down stuff we were drinking at Nachi. Maybe it's better that we didn't go to the Tequila tasting!

Quote:
We tried to wait in that re-booking line at least twice, but we gave up both times. We knew what we wanted, so we left the card. I got a message later that they were overwhelmed with requests and that they would get back to me after the cruise, but it would still be re-booked as if I had done so on board. I think I received an email about 3 days after we got back that it was booked and that I just had to make the required deposit within a certain amount of time.
That's actually a pretty good situation, I'm glad they offer it. It would have worked well with a dummy date but i would have been worried they might mess up on a reservation for a specific cruise, stateroom, etc.

We are looking at those aft rooms on the Fantasy. We actually wanted them before we knew about the possible reclassification being talked about here and all of that. Now that some of them might have "secret" status they are going to be harder to get.

Quote:
The classic Disney cartoons, they saved us and drove us crazy all at the same time. Michael became obsessed with the one where Donald is making a cake and accidentally adds glue to the batter. We could not get out of the stateroom if that clip was on.
Yeah us too!!!! Sarah would SCREAM if we turned the channel...poor Karen and Jerry next door!

Quote:
It was good. Maybe a bit too young for Allison I think, but I think she liked the just her and me time. It would probably be perfect for Sarah. They served apple juice and large chocolate chip cookies, played some games (run around the table if you hear a certain phrase, that kind of thing) and each child got to take a picture with Alice and the Mad Hatter seated at the tea table they had set up in front. I thought it was cute.

I do wish Allison was a little more outgoing. I had to coax her into participating in the goofy stuff.
You're probably right, I thought it might have been a bit too old for Sarah but I bet she would have loved it. Hopefully they offer something like it on the Fantasy for next time!

Quote:
Originally Posted by myelton01 View Post
The kids look so cute all dressed up!!! Glad you got to see Twice Charmed this time. I love the look on your son's face when he's holding up the food for your picture.
Yeah that's a good one! I keep saying I'm going to get those boys in tuxes one of these times (just once!!) We'll see!!!!

Quote:
Well, this cruise for MIL was a Thank You, so DH and I are paying for everything but souvenirs for her. She has the kids in her room with her, as her request, so DH and I have the balcony room to ourselves every night.

Great update! Can't wait to read more!
Oh that is really awesome, you guys are going to have a great time!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elfinjojo View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRdisMom View Post
If my family were there..we would need a case to ourselves Seriously how can one family go thru so much. When we were at WCC this fall and they brought the million bottles of ketchup , my girls were in heaven until they realized they had to give it back.
Thanks, that is sooo funny! We did get some strange kechtup creations..Passayu would start making something then hold it up and Savannah and I would look at each other like "What is that?" and then he would say what it was and we were like "Oh yeah.....of course!" LOL! He was great though!

Old 01-15-2011, 04:05 PM   #255
Elfinjojo
Mouseketeer

Quote:

It was good. Maybe a bit too young for Allison I think, but I think she liked the just her and me time. It would probably be perfect for Sarah. They served apple juice and large chocolate chip cookies, played some games (run around the table if you hear a certain phrase, that kind of thing) and each child got to take a picture with Alice and the Mad Hatter seated at the tea table they had set up in front. I thought it was cute.I do wish Allison was a little more outgoing. I had to coax her into participating in the goofy stuff.

We went for Tea with Alice on our last cruise - what great fun. Our DD was chosen to take the part of the white Rabbit and sat at the table between Alice and the Mad hatter. I was gutted that the battery had gone on my camera earlier in the afternoon and didn't have time to charge it so no picture but a fab experience all the same. Changing places at the tea table was a fun game - crazy but fun.

JoJo

Elfinjojo is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cruise, dcl, halloween, magic, trip report

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: