Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-19-2010, 03:08 PM   #1
onescgirl
DIS Veteran

Smile ♥ Disney Vacay with the Love Bugs ♥ (New 6/23 update ~ Chef Mickeys)

Who: Our 2010 Family Vacation - Me, DH, DD & DS

Where: Caribbean Beach Resort

When: Sept 17th-24th, 2010

Dining: Free!!!

We had the BEST week on our Disney trip with GREAT weather!

Because I do not like reading TR's w/out chapter links-
I will have chapter links and on each post there will be a chapter link to the next post.

Please say 'hello' when reading!

My PTR is here: Sept 2010 PTR

2012 PTR In Progress: 2012 PTR ~ Skipping Skool for Free Dining!
Trip Report: Sept 2010 TR ~ ♥ Vacay with the Lovebugs ♥ ~ 2010 PTR: 2010 PTR ~ 'The Non-Catchy Title PTR'

Last edited by onescgirl; 06-23-2011 at 07:37 AM.
Old 10-19-2010, 03:08 PM   #2
onescgirl
DIS Veteran

Chapter Links

CHAPTER LINKS

Day 0 ~ Friday ~ Sept 17th

Introductions
'Love Bug' Trip Title
Getting ready to leave
Mickey Mouse Pumpkin
We're on Our Way!
Christine, you did me wrong
We arrive in Orlando & DTD!

Day 1 ~ Saturday ~ Sept 18th

Caribbean Beach ~ We're here!
1st time to World Showcase
To top it off!
Room's ready, yay!

Day 2 ~ Sunday ~ Sept 19th

A date with Cindy - Part 1
A date with Cindy - Part 2
A fairy good morning
Caribbean Beach Resort
Our Princess & the Frog
Dinner with Pooh & Friends

Misc.

2010 Christmas Card
Our 1st White Christmas

Day 3 ~ Monday ~ Sept 20th

Zebra Mickey Heads
Tumbling down the CR escalator
Wally in the Wrong Place
Parading around Main Street

Day 4 ~ Tuesday ~ Sept 21st

Dale & Minnie arrives at Epcot
La Cantina
KP & Pearl Mission Completed
Pearl Carriage Cage Link
Pranking at the Booth
Pranking at the Booth - Part 2
Eating with Chip & Dale
Eating with Chip & Dale - Part 2
Phone Booth #'s

Day 5 ~ Wednesday ~ Sept 22nd

Toy Story Causes Us Mania
The Tower that Terrorized Lexi
Sci-Fi Cruising
3 Parks in an afternoon - Part 1
3 Parks in an afternoon - Part 2

Misc

Happy Easter!

Day 6 ~ Thursday ~ Sept 23rd

'Almost' Empty MK Park Day
MK Day ~ Part 2
MK Day ~ Part 3
Misc - Graduation
Dinner with the Chef
Last Night

Trip Report: Sept 2010 TR ~ ♥ Vacay with the Lovebugs ♥ ~ 2010 PTR: 2010 PTR ~ 'The Non-Catchy Title PTR'

Last edited by onescgirl; 06-23-2011 at 08:06 AM.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-19-2010, 05:09 PM   #3
Dsnygrl1205
DIS Veteran

I love September at Disney World but the Love bugs, especially at the water, parks are Everywhere! We have tried going different weeks throughout the month and last years trip fell towards the end and it seemed like there were less the than the two previous trips. At least they don't bite! Can't wait to read all about your trip!
1983 Fort Wilderness Cabins, 2002 ASMo, 2003 ASMu, 2006 ASMo, 2007 ASSp, 2008 POFQ, 2009 ASSp, CSR & Pop, 2010 AKL, ASMo & Pop, 2011 AKL & Poly, 2012 POR, AKL & ASSp, 2013 Contemporary & BWI, 2014 POFQ, & BC
Old 10-19-2010, 06:41 PM   #4
Sleeping Jilly
Mouseketeer

I'm joining in! So excited to hear about your trip!! I kept any eye out for you... but couldn't find you anywhere I should start my TR but also have been getting caught up with everything here!
Old 10-22-2010, 01:14 AM   #5
mickeygirl14
Mouseketeer

Can't wait to hear how your week went! We had a great time - but learned a lot for next time. I've been taking a break from DIS too - but I'm going thru Disney withdrawal now and had to get back on.

'84: Offsite '94: Offsite '96: ASMu Disneymoon Aug '00: POFQ Sept '07: FW-Cabins Sept '10: POR
Feb '11: Made it to WWOHP Sept '11: CR June '12: Swan Surprise Trip Oct '12: Marriott June '13: BC Oct '13: Hilton
June '14: Hilton Oct '14: Hilton

My first WWOHP Visit Report - Did I mention there was FREE butterbeer?

A Host of HOKIES Heads Back to the World! - Sept 2011 PTR.
Old 10-22-2010, 07:31 PM   #6
BippityBoo
DIS Veteran

WOW! I just read your entire PTR! We are two peas in a pod I love your matching shirts and all of your organization! My DH would not wear matching last year, but I made him wear similar colors like you did Your children are also adorable and it is great how involved they are at school. I can't wait to read about your trip!! Feel free to join my PTR (link in my siggy).
Old 10-22-2010, 09:14 PM   #7
jc040404
DIS Veteran

Subbing!! We did a couple MK days during your stay. I love reading TRs to see if I might've crossed pathes with a someone on here.

I fell in love with CBR a couple of months ago, but we haven't been able to make it back there yet. Can't wait to see how you all liked it!

Off to check out your PTR!!
Old 10-23-2010, 07:14 AM   #8
Tracy161
DIS Veteran

Yay!!! I have been anxiously awaiting this TR! I can't wait to see the awesome outfits in action in the parks! Can't wait to read more!
Old 10-23-2010, 10:24 PM   #10
onescgirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dsnygrl1205 View Post
I love September at Disney World but the Love bugs, especially at the water, parks are Everywhere! We have tried going different weeks throughout the month and last years trip fell towards the end and it seemed like there were less the than the two previous trips. At least they don't bite! Can't wait to read all about your trip!
I was wondering if anyone would know what I was talking about with the love bugs! And, you're right, at least they don't bite, they're not annoying, they're just everywhere!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleeping Jilly View Post
I'm joining in! So excited to hear about your trip!! I kept any eye out for you... but couldn't find you anywhere I should start my TR but also have been getting caught up with everything here!
I'm not sure, but I think I did see ya'll in AK one day. Did your husband have on his furry Dale hat? I saw a family that kindof looked like ya'll. I kept staring, but wasn't 100% sure, so I couldn't get up the nerve to walk up to the family & ask!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeygirl14 View Post
Can't wait to hear how your week went! We had a great time - but learned a lot for next time. I've been taking a break from DIS too - but I'm going thru Disney withdrawal now and had to get back on.
I'm glad your here and that your trip went great. I can't wait to hear how your trip went!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BippityBoo View Post
WOW! I just read your entire PTR! We are two peas in a pod I love your matching shirts and all of your organization! My DH would not wear matching last year, but I made him wear similar colors like you did Your children are also adorable and it is great how involved they are at school. I can't wait to read about your trip!! Feel free to join my PTR (link in my siggy).
Thanks for reading! I wished that I made Brad wear a matching shirt once we were all wearing them! I will definitely join your PTR! I can't wait to read it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jc040404 View Post
Subbing!! We did a couple MK days during your stay. I love reading TRs to see if I might've crossed pathes with a someone on here.

I fell in love with CBR a couple of months ago, but we haven't been able to make it back there yet. Can't wait to see how you all liked it!

Off to check out your PTR!!
That would be too cool if you saw yourself in the backgroud of one of my pics!
I love reading trip from the same time too! I hope you had a great trip that week. Did you stay at CBR that week?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tracy161 View Post
Yay!!! I have been anxiously awaiting this TR! I can't wait to see the awesome outfits in action in the parks! Can't wait to read more!
Thanks so much! You're so sweet!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queenofallthings View Post
Amy....I'm so happy you started your TR....can't wait to read all about it....and so sad we didn't run into you guys....Subbing!!!
Hi Queen! I'm sad I didn't run into you either! I can't wait to start reading about your trip! I'm so behind with everything because of school & sports. I finally got Wi-fi last week just so I could read the TR when I lay down at night. I knew that would be the only way I could get caught up!

Old 10-24-2010, 01:13 AM   #11
annmarieda
DIS Veteran

I too am happy you started a TR!! I can't wait to read along!!!
Old 10-24-2010, 10:39 PM   #12
Trinity524
DIS Veteran

Subbing... I can't wait to see what you think of CBR. We have to upgrade to a moderate next year for the dining plan, so we booked CBR. We went to Medieval Times and shared a taxi with someone who was staying at CBR on the way back. I got scared when I saw the internal bus!

-Annie

Old 10-25-2010, 03:41 PM   #13
disney<333
DIS Veteran

I can't wait to read.
Barbara
Old 10-25-2010, 03:57 PM   #14
onescgirl
DIS Veteran

Introductions

Looks a lot like my PTR because I was being lazy.

Me (Amy): I was a SAHM after I had children & went back to work when they started school. I work a couple of days a week part-time as an instructor at a community college. I love my job. It offers me flexibility where I can work & still spend spend time with my kids & volunteer at school. My time is mostly devoted to my kids activities, work, school, church, etc...
I am coaching Lexi's volleyball team right now. We are always on the run!

I turned the BIG 4-0 this year!

DH (Brad): He is the BEST husband & daddy in the world! He's the fun parent between the two of us. I'm good with the kids for lots of loving & discipline, but Brad is the one that makes our family fun!
When not at work, he's pretty busy w/kids schedule too. He coaches our son's football, baseball, basketball team and helps with our daughter's volleyball team. DH also volunteers at our kids school.

Brad & I

DD & DS (Lexi & Levi): I have 10 yr old twins. I tell them that I prayed so much to have a baby, that God gave me two babies instead of one! I love having boy/girl twins. They are so close and I get the best of both worlds.

Lexi is all girl. She loves watching the tween Disney shows all the time. She plays tennis & volleyball, and loves to draw. Lexi is not shy, she's very silly and loves to be involved in everything. She is the anchor girl for her school newscast, works in the library, on the student council & safety patrol.
Lexi is definitely the boss & mother hen between the two. And, like most girls, a drama queen! Alexis favorite Disney character is Minnie Mouse.

Levi is all boy. He loves sports. Watching sports on ESPN, playing sports games on Wii, or physically playing sports, he's gonna be doing it! Levi plays basketball, football & baseball. He wants to play more sports, but we just can't fit it in. Levi is very laid back and ALWAYS in a good mood. One of favorite hobbies is aggravating his sister & trying to make her scream, whine and/or cry. Levi is a big Dallas Cowboy & Clemson Tiger fan. Go tigers!

I could go on & on forever bragging about my kids about how smart they are, etc... My favorite saying is "There is only one pretty child in the world and every mother has it". That is so true, isn't it?

Our 2009 Christmas Card picture:

I'm hoping to get a good Disney picture from this trip for our 2010 Christmas card picture.

Summer 2010 beach trip:

Picture from our last WDW trip in 2008

I took this picture last week right before they went to their volleyball & football game. They both won that night & Levi made his 1st touchdown!!!

Next Post: How I came up with 'Love Bug' Trip Title

Last edited by onescgirl; 10-28-2010 at 10:52 AM.
Old 10-25-2010, 04:10 PM   #15
onescgirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by annmarieda View Post
I too am happy you started a TR!! I can't wait to read along!!!
I'm glad to have you here Ann Marie!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: