Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-26-2010, 07:37 PM   #91
princess&her4princes
DIS Veteran

We made our way to our corner table and got ourselves situated, I will say that buffets are never easy with kids, especially this many kids!

We took turns going up, 1st Tracey and I with the "big kids" went and got all the kids food. Then Todd & Adam just grabbed HUGE plates of whatever to feed us. It worked but we felt rushed since the characters were on their way!

A couple of breakfast shots!

YUM! This was our 1st (and definately not our last) time having Mickey waffles!!

For those who have not been to CM before, they brought out coffee, juice and milk for the kids, and it kept coming. It was great and fresh and I found the food to be good.

And before we knew it, our friends were on there way to say hello!

This didn't go as well as I would have hoped for....Cole and I were in the back on the table, thank goodness, as he wanted NOTHING TO DO WITH THE CHARACTERS! He was very nervous and very scared, he would not let me get up and take pics with him, go and see the characters, was getting fussy! I couldn't believe it! All he wanted before getting to Disney was to see Mickey and here we were, with him right before us and there was NO way he'd go within feet of him! I was sad. But Todd assured me, he was overtired, it was his 1st real time seeing them, it would get better (or would it?).

So the other kids got some pics!

Coley and I in the corner....

In between all of the confusion, the waitress brought out a cupcake to wish Todd & I a HAPPY ANNIVERSARY! It was very sweet and Cole was happy to dive into that!

At this point, I decided to surprise Todd with his present, I had wrapped it the night before and gave it to Tracey to bring to breakfast for me. Todd was very surprised and VERY happy with his Kindle. And as a side note, he uses it daily on his commute and has said more than once, he is really happy that I got it, that it was something he never would have spent the money on but is really enjoying it, and he's read so many book since then on there!!

And then, Todd pulled out my gift.......
Old 10-26-2010, 07:55 PM   #92
Fantasyland Mom
DIS Veteran

Location: Second star to the right, and straight on til morning

WHOA! Way to leave us hanging!!!
Great gift for him, and great pics at CM (even if Coley wouldn't join in!). Love to see CM pics because I'm hoping to go there next trip!

***What Means "Ay, Caramba?"--Famous for Family of the Day, a Sept TR--IN PROGRESS!!

Disney World Family Vacation Video 2012-YouTube & Mobile Device-Friendly Disney World Family Vacation Video 2012-Vimeo Version
Instagram: disneyjenn1
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-26-2010, 08:02 PM   #93
SoonerGirl
DIS Veteran

Kristen! You can't stop there!

I'm sorry Cole didn't like the characters, keeping my fingers crossed that he warms up to them later in the trip.

Sounds like the Kindle was a great choice, I'm so glad it got there on time and that Todd loved it!
Old 10-26-2010, 08:09 PM   #94
princess&her4princes
DIS Veteran

made you wait long enough....lol!

Okay, I made you wait long enough....

I look down and Todd is holding a small box wrapped in silver paper and hands it to me!!!

I open it, with eveyone watching, and that makes me nervous, but he bought me the most beautiful anniversary band ever!!!!! I couldn't believe it!!!! Have a look!

and one of it on my hand...this is from today, don't mind my horrible nails and scaley skin! lol It looked nicer when I was tan!

Isn't it just gorgeous?! My wedding band and set is Todd's grandmothers, so it's antique looking so this compliments it just beautifully! He did a great job and it was very sweet!!! Happy 10 years to us!!!

Coming up, more surprises and then we're off to Magic Kingdom for the day!!!
Old 10-26-2010, 08:13 PM   #95
princess&her4princes
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fantasyland Mom View Post
WHOA! Way to leave us hanging!!!
Great gift for him, and great pics at CM (even if Coley wouldn't join in!). Love to see CM pics because I'm hoping to go there next trip!
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoonerGirl View Post
Kristen! You can't stop there!

I'm sorry Cole didn't like the characters, keeping my fingers crossed that he warms up to them later in the trip.

Sounds like the Kindle was a great choice, I'm so glad it got there on time and that Todd loved it!
Sorry girls, I needed a reason to have you come back and read!!
Old 10-26-2010, 08:38 PM   #96
stephielela
DIS Veteran

Hi! I'm subbing, your trip sounds very exciting! I can't even imagine wrangling that many kids!
Old 10-26-2010, 08:47 PM   #97
princess&her4princes
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephielela View Post
Hi! I'm subbing, your trip sounds very exciting! I can't even imagine wrangling that many kids!
Hi!!
SO glad you're here!!!
Old 10-26-2010, 08:47 PM   #98
francis6306
DIS Veteran

That ring is beautiful!!! I have that antique-ish look to my wedding band set, so that it totally my style too! He picked that out himself? What talent!!

We didn't book Chef Mickey's, but we did book Tusker House for Breakfast with the Mickey crew. I'm hoping for a well rested toddler ready to meet the characters. However, if we don't want to meet them there, then I will not bother with it in the parks. More time for rides and shows!

Nov '12 PTR~'Dec '10:My Pretrip Report My Trip Report!~'05 Girls trip Pop Century~'99 Magical Music Days~81-90's Various offsite/onsite trips
Old 10-26-2010, 09:22 PM   #99
SoonerGirl
DIS Veteran

Good job Todd! That is a beautiful ring Kristen
Old 10-26-2010, 09:40 PM   #100
Lil Bo Peep
Mouseketeer

Love the ring, very beautiful
Old 10-27-2010, 08:50 AM   #101
Belle_princess
DIS Veteran

WOW!! What a gorgeous ring! Todd is one smart man!!!. . .Oh, and did I mention, I think he is good looking, too??

Your updates are great! I love the CM pictures! I can't believe Cole was so picky and scared. I hope that changes- I hope he gets to meet Mickey!

I've been to CM, and my friend and I (back in 2002) really enjoyed it. Fun, fun!

I can't wait to hear about MK! I know it is your favorite! Did you skip down Main Street!

Pin Trading, Pineapple Bars, and Italian Wine, OH MY! September 2010 TR

All-Star Music- Girls' Trip 2010 Pre-Trip Report
Cornado Springs- Birthday Trip November 2008 Pre-Trip Report Never finished TR
Caribbean Beach- August 2002
All-Star Movies- College Graduation May 2002
Dixie Landings-July 1992
Old 10-27-2010, 09:39 AM   #102
Fantasyland Mom
DIS Veteran

Location: Second star to the right, and straight on til morning

Todd is awesome!! I love antique-looking rings. That one is gorgeous! Way to go, Todd!

***What Means "Ay, Caramba?"--Famous for Family of the Day, a Sept TR--IN PROGRESS!!

Disney World Family Vacation Video 2012-YouTube & Mobile Device-Friendly Disney World Family Vacation Video 2012-Vimeo Version
Instagram: disneyjenn1
Old 10-27-2010, 10:00 AM   #103
Tickanee
Mouseketeer

WOW! Your ring is beautiful! Kudos to Todd!

Awesome update! CM looks so fun....crazy, but fun!

Can't wait to read more! Lovin' it!

Old 10-27-2010, 12:10 PM   #104
cjnix29
DIS Veteran

That ring is gorgeous!!!!! And....we just may have passed you on the walkway to the contemporary that morning! We went there early for EMH, and walked. And now that I think about it, I think we did pass a big group such as yours! How funny! Can't wait to read more!
2005 OKW, first trip with DS
2006 WL
2007 POLYNESIAN 2008 All Star Music
2009 Surprise birthday trip for DS offsite
2009 Holidays at the World , POFQ
2010 New countertops, or Disney?....,we chose the Contemporary, Club Level MK view and the Yacht Club!
Trip Report from the most awesome trip ever! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2565514
2012 BLT
8/25/12 First Cruise on the Fantasy to celebrate over 130 pounds lost!
Old 10-27-2010, 01:27 PM   #105
Dylan_&_Blake's_mom
DIS Veteran

big bummer about Coley but just goes to show you never can tell with that age. Hope he gets better with it later in the trip. Love all the pics at CM. So glad Todd liked his gift and WOW on your ring. Way to go Todd! It's gorgeous!

I'm too excited to wait, a preTR for Sept. 09'http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2064791
My first TR!! November 07'http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1750935

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: