Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-22-2010, 09:07 PM   #76
princess&her4princes
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladybugmom View Post
Todd sounds like Brent!! He likes to freeze me out! I'm always cold and he's always hot no matter what time of year it is! The pool looks like soo much fun and that pic of your boys is precious! Sooo excited that your friends finally arrived!!
He did it to me all week long! I swear every night about 2:30-3 a.m. I was wide away and FREEZING!!! Yes, sounds like our guys are a lot alike!!

Thanks Becky, we had a great time at the pool! So much fun to just have a down day!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by francis6306 View Post
Yes, I have a PTR started (link in my siggy!).

We are looking forward to the Party! I've only ever been in the spring, so I have nothing to compare it to! It's my husband's first trip and we have a 2 year old little girl... I cannot wait to experience WDW through their eyes! Makes me tear up just thinking about seeing my little girl's face when she first sees the Castle!

I can see Shelley and I having MANY more Disney trips in our future!
I'll have to go and check our your siggie, thanks for letting me know!!

You are going to have such a magical trip! There is nothing like experiencing it through your childs eyes.....it will totally make you cry!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladybugmom View Post
How cute!! It looks like we need to put HDDR on our list of things to do on our next trip!!
It was fun, I bet the girls would like it!!
Old 10-22-2010, 09:12 PM   #77
pinkxray
DIS Veteran

Love the HDDR review update. I just can't decide if we should do it this trip. I'm thinking maybe I'll wait until the next trip. So much to do, so little time!
It looks like everyone enjoyed it.

No Strawberry Shortcake picture? That would be my favorite part.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-22-2010, 09:46 PM   #78
manntra
DIS Veteran

Thanks again Kristen and I sure will!!! My flight is at 5:40 so I am having a glass of wine or two to "relax!!"

Oh I love Jet Blue...the tv and the leg room....even though I am only 5'2
That is the one bad thing about arriving at night....loss of direction at the resort...ugh

Your dinner looked delicious and I love how you canceled out by having a salad earlier in the day....I thought Disney food didn't have any calories Well that is what I believe

I will catch you when I get back....I will likely post on FB while I am gone

Tracy
Old 10-23-2010, 06:33 AM   #79
joelp
DIS Veteran

I'm here!!

Now to start reading ...

BTW - I'm planning a Daddy and Danielle trip to WDW in Spring 2011 (no DW - just us "kids" ...) ... any particular dates look good?

Off site - 8/76, 10/90, 10/94; POFQ - 5/07; AKL - 12/08; AKL - 9/09; Off site - 6/10; AS Movies - 3/11;
AKV-Kidani - 11/12; AKV-Jambo - 11/13 ; AKV-Jambo - 12/14

Dec 2008 Trip report at http://www.disboards.com/showthread....9#post29702539
Sep 2009 Trip Report at http://www.disboards.com/showthread....9#post34156519
Sep 2009 TR continued (but never finished) at http://www.disboards.com/showthread....7#post36403597
March 2011 PTR at http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2643038
Old 10-23-2010, 09:41 AM   #80
Tickanee
Mouseketeer

I laughed out loud about Todd and the A/C. My DH freezes me out during the Summer with the A/C in the bedroom, but then complains when I won't turn on the heat in the winter when it is the exact same temp.

The HDDR looks like alot of fun and the fried chicken looks yummy. It makes me think of my grandma and her fried chicken...she grew up in the South and I miss her cooking.

Old 10-25-2010, 01:10 AM   #81
Dylan_&_Blake's_mom
DIS Veteran

great update! Must say that the pic of you on the bus (w/sleeping Cole) is such a great pic of you....you look beautiful (as you are of course). I also love Cole's hair cut and the pic of him waking up at the HDR...he looks so old there though . The look on Ethan's face in the one from the HDR is priceless

I'm too excited to wait, a preTR for Sept. 09'http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2064791
My first TR!! November 07'http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1750935
Old 10-25-2010, 09:34 PM   #82
princess&her4princes
DIS Veteran

the end of day 1

We left off heading out of HDDR, we headed right for the boat to get back to POR, here is a pic of the group on the way "home"

We got back to POR about 8 or so and decided to get the kiddos right to bed, Tracey and fam had been up since about 4 a.m. and we were up so late the night before. We got the kids into their jammies, got ready for bed ourselves and once the kids were settled, we adults brought our chairs out onto the "deck" out front. It worked out so nicely- since we had adjoining rooms, we had a whole area to ourselves, it almost felt like our own private balcony.

It was so nice to finally have some quiet time, have a bottle of water, crack open our Passporters and make our plan of attack for our 1st day at Magic Kingdom!

We didn't stay out there too long, probably until 10:30 or so, we had breakfast ressies at CM at 8:35 a.m. the next morning, it was time to get some zzzzzz's!

up next 9/23
Old 10-25-2010, 09:49 PM   #83
princess&her4princes
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinkxray View Post
Love the HDDR review update. I just can't decide if we should do it this trip. I'm thinking maybe I'll wait until the next trip. So much to do, so little time!
It looks like everyone enjoyed it.

No Strawberry Shortcake picture? That would be my favorite part.
It was such a fun show! Go next time, that gives you another reason to go back!!

I know, I can't believe I have no pics of the strawberry shortcake!!!!! We must have ate it too fast!

Quote:
Originally Posted by manntra View Post
Thanks again Kristen and I sure will!!! My flight is at 5:40 so I am having a glass of wine or two to "relax!!"

Oh I love Jet Blue...the tv and the leg room....even though I am only 5'2
That is the one bad thing about arriving at night....loss of direction at the resort...ugh

Your dinner looked delicious and I love how you canceled out by having a salad earlier in the day....I thought Disney food didn't have any calories Well that is what I believe

I will catch you when I get back....I will likely post on FB while I am gone

Tracy
Hope you're having a great time, Tracy!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by joelp View Post
I'm here!!

Now to start reading ...

BTW - I'm planning a Daddy and Danielle trip to WDW in Spring 2011 (no DW - just us "kids" ...) ... any particular dates look good?
Hey Joel!!!
So glad you found me!!! You are?!! Hmm...keep me posted on those dates!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tickanee View Post
I laughed out loud about Todd and the A/C. My DH freezes me out during the Summer with the A/C in the bedroom, but then complains when I won't turn on the heat in the winter when it is the exact same temp.

The HDDR looks like alot of fun and the fried chicken looks yummy. It makes me think of my grandma and her fried chicken...she grew up in the South and I miss her cooking.
Men, they are all the same!! Every night I would be freezing, he would be mad I was taking the blankets...well!?! LOL!!

Awww, sorry I made you miss your grandma!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dylan_&_Blake's_mom View Post
great update! Must say that the pic of you on the bus (w/sleeping Cole) is such a great pic of you....you look beautiful (as you are of course). I also love Cole's hair cut and the pic of him waking up at the HDR...he looks so old there though . The look on Ethan's face in the one from the HDR is priceless

Aww, you're so sweet, Tracy! Thank you!!! I know, he does look such a big boy anymore......no more babies!!
Old 10-26-2010, 07:15 AM   #84
princess&her4princes
DIS Veteran

9/23 our 1st day at MK and our 10 year anniversary!

The alarm went off about 6:15 this morning, I was already awake, anxiously awaiting it. It was our 1st REAL DAY in my book, we were going to breakfast to meet all the characters and going to MK! And today was an extra special day, it was Todd & my 10 year wedding anniversary! For those new to my report, Todd and I honeymooned 10 years ago this exact week at Dixie Landings (now POR), hence the name of my TR, "Not exactly the way it all began" now we were there with our 3 small boys and our friends!

I jumped out of bed and quickly got the boys outfits ready and took a fast shower before they were up. In no time, we were all ready, we had planned to open the door between our rooms at 7:15 and head out to the bus station. When we did, Tracey and Adam gave us a little gift!

It was so cute and thoughtful of them! We wore them to bed that night, there was no way I could get Todd to wear them to the park. Plus, we were dressed and ready to go at this point.

I took a quick pic of the boys before we headed out for the day....

We headed to the bus and the MK bus came in no time! We had a smooth ride over to MK and decided to take the path and walk over to the Contemporary. It was only about 8 and it was already SO HUMID, my poor hair....there was no help for it!! We headed right up to CM and we were given our buzzer and told to get in line for our picture (oops! Before I go any further, I just realized I didn't have the CM pic downloaded to photobucket, will do that and write more later...sorry!)
Old 10-26-2010, 08:42 AM   #85
Dylan_&_Blake's_mom
DIS Veteran

you're killing me here,lol

I'm too excited to wait, a preTR for Sept. 09'http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2064791
My first TR!! November 07'http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1750935
Old 10-26-2010, 08:53 AM   #86
pinkxray
DIS Veteran

I love the shirts! It is too bad you only wore them to bed though.

The boys look ready to go.

Old 10-26-2010, 10:48 AM   #87
SoonerGirl
DIS Veteran

Those shirts are so cute! Too bad you couldn't get Todd to wear them to the park, but I understand - Don would never do it either

Ummmmm, how long does it take to upload one picture..........

Just kidding, I'll be patiently waiting for you to continue
Old 10-26-2010, 12:25 PM   #88
francis6306
DIS Veteran

What a spoil sport!!! Sad he wouldn't wear the shirt. They are very cute.

I want to do the HDDR one day. We will probably will do that on our next trip.

Spring Break, March 2015 PTR

July '14 Girl's Trip!! PTR~Mar 2014 PTR ~ Nov '12 PTR~'Dec '10:My Pretrip Report My Trip Report!~'05 Girls trip Pop Century~
'99 Magical Music Days~81-90's Various offsite/onsite trips
Old 10-26-2010, 12:51 PM   #89
princess&her4princes
DIS Veteran

CM continued......

Back to CM (sorry for the delay guys...lol!)...

We waited in line to get our CM pic, I took a few pics while we waited our turn.

Then it was our turn! The kids weren't overly cooperative but it turned out pretty cute (excuse the quality, it's a pic of a pic!) We tried to get the CM to keep families together, but no one listened....so note that Ethan is with Tracey and fam and we have a daughter now! LOL!!

Soon after a CM lead us to a table.....and pretty sure it was the FURTHEST table from everything possible! I gues with 6 kids under the age of 8, she was smart! But still! We zigged and we zagged and finally made our way to our table....
Old 10-26-2010, 01:52 PM   #90
Belle_princess
DIS Veteran

Woo-hoo! Updates! I LOVE the shirts for your anniversary! So cute!

Can't wait to read more. Nikki and I did MK in the morning on Thursday. I bet we crossed paths and didn't even know it!! I think I texted you that day, but we were on other sides of the park! Oh well.

January 2015 Pre-Trip Report
All-Star Music- Girls' Trip 2010 Pre-Trip Report TR-not complete
Cornado Springs- Birthday Trip November 2008 Pre-Trip Report Never finished TR
Caribbean Beach- August 2002
All-Star Movies- College Graduation May 2002
Dixie Landings-July 1992

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: