Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-19-2010, 10:22 PM   #31
wdwnomad
DIS Veteran

I am enjoying your trip report so far. I can relate to getting lost at POR in the Alligator Bayou section. I was there for two weeks and could never figure out the logic behind all of those paths and how they related to the buildings which didn't seem to be numbered in a common sense way. I got lost and turned around many of times.
All Star Sports - Sept 2008
All Star Music - Dec 2008, Dec 2009
Coronado Springs - Aug 2009, Aug 2011
Port Orleans - Riverside - Aug 2010
Beach Club - Dec 2010, Dec 2013
Boardwalk - Aug 2012
Old Key West - Aug 2014

Old 10-19-2010, 10:29 PM   #32
princess&her4princes
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fantasyland Mom View Post
I'm here! I was looking at your first couple of pictures and thinking, "These people look really familiar!" Then I realized that I had stumbled on your PTR when I was reading some to find inspiration to write my own!
We have three kids, as well, and I can't wait to see how y'all dealt with your three, plus more!!
OH, that is funny!! Glad you are here and joining in!!! Are you doing a PTR, too? I will need to check it out!! Three kiddos (plus!) is a handful, but fun, too!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdwnomad View Post
I am enjoying your trip report so far. I can relate to getting lost at POR in the Alligator Bayou section. I was there for two weeks and could never figure out the logic behind all of those paths and how they related to the buildings which didn't seem to be numbered in a common sense way. I got lost and turned around many of times.
Hi! Thanks for reading and commenting!! Phew...glad it's not only us!! You're right though, between bldg. 14 and 15, I'd get turned around every day! Good thing others in my group were better with directions! Two weeks!! HOW NICE!!!!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-19-2010, 10:33 PM   #33
princess&her4princes
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdwnomad View Post
ps- noticed your are from Philly! What part? Todd grew up in Glenolden and I lived out there for 10 years. Love Philly!! We visit a couple of times of year .
Old 10-19-2010, 10:45 PM   #34
MomofCKJ
I just lost steam at about 5 minutes
Wants to really smell the roses
I will not eat the second end of the hot dog

You started, yeah! My kids would have been a mess that late at night, yours look like they handled it well in the pictures! Love Jet Blue, those TVs are so great!

Hoping you got to sleep in a wee bit the next morning!

Allyson
Old 10-19-2010, 10:49 PM   #35
Dylan_&_Blake's_mom
DIS Veteran

Loving it so far of course. Love the pic of you and Todd on the bus, Todd's floating head with Cole and Lucas on the bus ( ), of course the one of Coley catching a ride at the airport and the boys sleepily lined up in front of the t.v. at the resort. Can't wait for more

I'm too excited to wait, a preTR for Sept. 09'http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2064791
My first TR!! November 07'http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1750935
Old 10-19-2010, 11:11 PM   #36
Fantasyland Mom
DIS Veteran

Location: Second star to the right, and straight on til morning

Quote:
Originally Posted by princess&her4princes View Post
OH, that is funny!! Glad you are here and joining in!!! Are you doing a PTR, too? I will need to check it out!! Three kiddos (plus!) is a handful, but fun, too!!!

[/COLOR][/SIZE]
Thanks! Yes, I've started one (I put it in my siggy, if it works), but our trip is a looong time away...Sept. 2011! Probably the longest PTR ever! And I agree, the more kids, the merrier!! People always think we're out of our minds to have three...just wait until they find out we actually want another one!
I am absolutely amazed at the picture of your three sitting and watching the Disney movie when you were checking in. I think I have two pictures of all my kids together! And yours are well-behaved and it's late at night--so impressive!

***What Means "Ay, Caramba?"--Famous for Family of the Day, a Sept TR--IN PROGRESS!!

Disney World Family Vacation Video 2012-YouTube & Mobile Device-Friendly Disney World Family Vacation Video 2012-Vimeo Version
Instagram: disneyjenn1
Old 10-19-2010, 11:21 PM   #37
brookelizabeth
Jambo Wildbunch Gang

I'm here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I gotta go back and read!
Feb 2014 - Vero Beach ... Sept 2013 - CR/Disney Fantasy...March 2013 - AKL/SSR/POR ... Oct 2012 - OKW ... Sept 2012 - Disney Magic ... June 2012 - Disney Magic ... Jan 2012 - PPH/VGC ... Aug 2011 - Pop/YC/OKW ... May 2011 - ASMo ... Feb/March 2011 - BWV/BLT ... Sept 2010 - BWV ... Dec/Jan 2009/10 - AKV ... Sept 2009 - CSR ... Jan 2009 - SSR ... Nov 2008 - WL ... Oct 2006 - AKL
Old 10-19-2010, 11:35 PM   #38
brookelizabeth
Jambo Wildbunch Gang

Okay, all caught up now! And yay, you have arrived!!!!! How AWFUL about having to wait so long on the ME and then having to drag all that stuff, and the tired kiddos around the resort. I am VERY surprised they didn't offer help! I'm with ya, after all that I would have been getting frustrated and cranky too!

But that Mickey welcoming you.... I sure hope your room is easier to find in the DAYLIGHT though!

(also glad you were able to carve out some DIS time! I hope things fall into a routine for you again!)
Feb 2014 - Vero Beach ... Sept 2013 - CR/Disney Fantasy...March 2013 - AKL/SSR/POR ... Oct 2012 - OKW ... Sept 2012 - Disney Magic ... June 2012 - Disney Magic ... Jan 2012 - PPH/VGC ... Aug 2011 - Pop/YC/OKW ... May 2011 - ASMo ... Feb/March 2011 - BWV/BLT ... Sept 2010 - BWV ... Dec/Jan 2009/10 - AKV ... Sept 2009 - CSR ... Jan 2009 - SSR ... Nov 2008 - WL ... Oct 2006 - AKL
Old 10-20-2010, 06:30 AM   #39
Blessed_wth_Triplets
DIS Veteran

So jealous you got to stay at POR...that is one of my FAVORITES and I have great memories of it when we were only a family of 5 . I just love the atmosphere of the resort...and boat to DTD!
Old 10-20-2010, 08:01 AM   #40
pinkxray
DIS Veteran

It looks pretty cool to arrive to such an empty airport.

Magical Express looks like such a great way to get to Disney. We will probably always rent a car so I don't know if we'll ever have a chance to try it. I really want to though.

POR. It really stinks that no one offered to help you to your room. I'm sure it was no fun trying to find your room in the dark with 3 tired kids.

The AB looks so nice. We were in the mansions section and although the outside is pretty I wasn't fond of the interior. It reminded me of my grandma's house.

It must be great to go to sleep and wake up in Disney!
Old 10-20-2010, 08:41 AM   #41
Lady Lallie
DIS Veteran

Awwww, tuckered out little boys.

I love the picture of Cole on the suitcase, super cute!!

Your room looks nice!!
Old 10-20-2010, 09:04 AM   #42
Belle_princess
DIS Veteran

Great updates! The last time I checked your TR, you were still on page 1, so when I saw 3 pages, I knew I was behind!!!

I LOVE the picture of Cole with Todd and the suitcases. . .super cute. It isn't funny how you think your favorite pictures will be your family with a character or in front of a park icon, or something cliche like that- then, once you get back, you see your favorite picture is something on the mundane side!!!! I LOVE that!

Can't wait to read more.

January 2015 Pre-Trip Report
All-Star Music- Girls' Trip 2010 Pre-Trip Report TR-not complete
Cornado Springs- Birthday Trip November 2008 Pre-Trip Report Never finished TR
Caribbean Beach- August 2002
All-Star Movies- College Graduation May 2002
Dixie Landings-July 1992
Old 10-20-2010, 12:55 PM   #43
Tickanee
Mouseketeer

Eek! That was a late arrival...I would have been sooo tired! I can't believe there was no offer of help with getting to your room either!

Cole hitching a ride on the suitcase is sweet. Don't you wish you could have done that?

Can't wait for pics of POR...I haven't seen too many pics of that resort.

Great update!!!

Old 10-20-2010, 01:18 PM   #44
heathers4um
DIS Veteran

Your trip in sounded so smooth even with 3 boys - who I have to say are gorgeous!

I cant wait for the next update!

I havent started packing yet, but all of my OL things are unched together in the corner of my room...and I got some pins too!! In your spare time, (HA!) check out my PTR.

"While Eeyore frets ...and Piglet hesitates...and Rabbit calculates...and Owl pontificates...Pooh just is. "
Old 10-20-2010, 01:21 PM   #45
ladybugmom
DIS Veteran

I'm here!! Your boys are just precious!! Ally just asked me if they were triplets--she said they look soooo much alike!! Glad you made it but hate you had such trouble finding your room--ugh! I love all the Hidden Mickey's in your pics! Can't wait to hear more!!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: