Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-03-2010, 09:40 PM   #136
princess&her4princes
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dancegrl624 View Post
Hahaha....I guess you're right.

Right?! LOL!!

Hooray!!!! You're picture is better than mine...maybe I should crop mine so we're not so far away!!! I'll get to our meet eventually in my TR. I still need to finish up my first day!
Yes, crop it, so you cut most of me out! Or you can use this one!!
So glad we got to meet!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tickanee View Post
This sounds like a great idea!! I'm in!!

I'd love it, let's plan it, girls!! Plymouth DIS girls on the town!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by manntra View Post
What a gorgeous ring!!! It i so pretty and sparkly
I am sure your DH is loving his Kindle....I know I love mine....so easy to read and a great size for traveling, etc.
for a great Dismeet!
Looks like you are having a wonderful first morning...now off to the MK

Tracy
Hey Tracy!!

Welcome home!

Thank you, I just love my ring!!!! Todd did a great job!

I know, loved having a DIS meet! There were so many of us there then, unfortunately Meghan was the only one I officially met!

Off to MK! Stay tuned and thanks for reading!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by francis6306 View Post
Meeting online friends in "real life" is so much fun! I am pretty active on babycenter and I have meet a couple of moms from that board that I went through pregnancy, birth and new mommy-hood with and it was such a great experience!
It really was, I felt like I knew Meghan forever, as we had planned a couple of trips together before, so it was SO nice to finally meet her! You share so much of yourself on DIS, so it was really fun!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mandas08 View Post
I'm all caught up!! Sorry I was so late. It looks like you all are having a great trip so far. I absolutely agree with you about the weather it was so HOT!! Your ring is gorgous! I love the pics of all the kids..so cute!
SO glad you're here! You're not late, at all!!! It was soooo hot, my hair was terrible! You'll see how later in the week.....ugh! Thanks for your nice compliments!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dylan_&_Blake's_mom View Post
Yay for an update Glad that you got to meet up with a diser. I can't wait to do that some time. We were close last time but didn't quite connect. Hopefully I will meet you in person some day even though I consider you a close friend already. The dis rocks!
Aww, Tracy!!!!I feel exactly the same! someday we WILL meet! And have our too many boys we won't know what to do with ourselves!! LOL!

Last edited by princess&her4princes; 11-04-2010 at 01:50 PM.
Old 11-04-2010, 08:56 AM   #137
JMat
Mouseketeer

So Fun! Im jealous of the Meet-Up! Guess Ill have to just start planning again
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-04-2010, 08:31 PM   #138
princess&her4princes
DIS Veteran

We headed up to the monorail and there was no line!! I saw a CM and asked if we could try and get a "front seat" ride and was quickly informed that they did away with that a few months ago for security reasons, I was so disappointed as I knew the kids would have loved it! Did anyone else know that they no longer do that?

Before we knew it the monorail was there and we were on our way to MK! I still couldn't believe we were there and finally going to see the castle!!

I think this is the cutest pic, Cole's "first" monorail ride (that he was sitting himself and looking out).....the last two trips he was too little.

I remember Zach was having a meltdown on the monorail about something, so it wasn't the most pleasant ride we've ever had but we were on our way! A pic of Adam enjoying that meltdown! LOL!!

It then dawned on me that we hadn't put on sunscreen or applied the tattoos to the kids arms that we bought beforehand (in case they got lost), so once we got to the station, that is what we did. No one was happy about that!! They just wanted to get there!! But it had to be done!!

We quickly made it down the ramp from the transportation center and to the bag check....this went smoothly, considering the amount of stuff we carry to the parks. Both guys carried backpacks with ponchos, water bottles, snacks, sunscreen, you get the point....and Tracey and I carried our Baggallini's with the "diaper bag" essentials and cameras, so this isn't as quick as you'd like....and then throw in the 6 kids we're trying to keep track of!!

We made our way through the tunnels towards Main Street and just as we're about to turn the corner to see the castle, the CM's were blocking the street and wouldn't let us through, the "Move it, Shake it, Celebrate it" street party was starting! So we stopped on a curb and watched, we were finally here!!!!!

Some pics of our 1st Disney show!!

It was a great show, we had great seats and a nice way to see some of the characters! But we were ready to move further down Main Street.....
Old 11-04-2010, 08:48 PM   #139
princess&her4princes
DIS Veteran

We turned the corner and there it was!!!!

It was pretty crowded on Main Street, but we started walking towards the craned toped castle.

Getting a bit closer....

Look who I ran into!! It was finally feeling like I was there!!!

We stopped for photopass about this time, I wanted to take full advantage of any group shots we could get! But unfortunately, I'm still waiting for the CD, I hope that by the weekend I have that so I can go back and catch you up with those pics, as well.

The streets were so crowded, since there was the street show just finishing up, but we made our way up the lefthand side of the castle towards Fantasyland!!

Love this fountain!!

And then reality of what Fantasyland was at this time was in front of us!!

I knew it was not going to be what I was 'use to' but it still shocked me, oh well, a good reason to plan another trip in the near future!! I can't wait to see it completed!!

It was about 11 or so at this time, we decided to go on a classic for our 1st ride of the trip and the kids chose "Snow White" since my favorite and must do 1st of every trip, IASW, was under construction!

Not a bad wait! (this was Thursday morning)

Ethan and I waiting in line!

and finally on!!

It was a great 1st ride of the trip! The kids really loved it and were ready for more!!!

Where would we go next?
Old 11-05-2010, 01:38 AM   #140
EastYorkDisneyFan
DIS Veteran

Cab rides on the WDW Monorail

They stopped doing this after the accident in July 2009, mainly to prevent people from talking about it with the operator and also because at the time there was an ongoing investigation. However if you go to Disneyland you can still ride in the front.

You can dream, create, design and build the most wonderful place in the world, but it takes people to make the dream a reality.
- Walt Disney
Old 11-05-2010, 08:16 AM   #141
onescgirl
DIS Veteran

Great picture of Cole on the monorail. Putting on sunscreen is always a hassle! My kids still have not gotten used to it. After 10 yrs you would think they would stop complaining when I put it on. I always say, "You'll thank me when you're older & you have less wrinkles than your friends"

You took some great parade pics. I love the picture of you & the Mayor!

That crane is in ALL of our castle pics!

I just received our PP pics yesterday!!!!

2012 PTR In Progress: 2012 PTR ~ Skipping Skool for Free Dining!
Trip Report: Sept 2010 TR ~ ♥ Vacay with the Lovebugs ♥ ~ 2010 PTR: 2010 PTR ~ 'The Non-Catchy Title PTR'
Old 11-05-2010, 09:13 AM   #142
Dylan_&_Blake's_mom
DIS Veteran

Great update. I didn't realize they had stopped letting people ride in the front of the monorail We never got a chance to do that. Very cute pic of Cole and that's a real bummer about IASM. Even though you knew ahead of time it would still be weird/sad to see. Can't wait for more.

I'm too excited to wait, a preTR for Sept. 09'http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2064791
My first TR!! November 07'http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1750935
Old 11-05-2010, 12:26 PM   #143
ladybugmom
DIS Veteran

YAY!! How exciting that you got to meet Meghan!!! What fun! And the Mayor of Main Street--how cool! We always head straight to Fantasyland! So sorry IASW was closed while you were there--but it's nice to know that you'll be back!!
Old 11-05-2010, 04:08 PM   #144
Tickanee
Mouseketeer

Pretty good wait time for 11 am...I know you sent me a text sometime mid-morning, but I never could hear my phone and kept missing them. LOL! I think around that time we were getting Dole Whips.

Your pictures around Main St look so crowded, but I didn't think it was bad at all.

Old 11-06-2010, 09:19 AM   #145
SoonerGirl
DIS Veteran

Love your pic with the Mayor! I don't think I've ever seen him out and about.

All of those walls, false coverings and cranes sure do take away a bit of the magic don't they? At least we know that they are there so that we can enjoy a bigger better MK in the future - I'm really looking forward to seeing all the changes!

I think Main Street must have been so crowded because of the parade, it stops in the hub and they have a bit of a dance party so everyone follows it down there - at least I hope thats why and the rest of the park didn't look like that too!
Old 11-06-2010, 02:40 PM   #146
2xcited2sleep
DIS Veteran

Love the monorail picture. My parents have a similar picture of me on the parking tram when I was a little girl. Too cute.

MOM! Seriously? We have to stop to put on sun screen and tattoos (although the tattoo part sounds slightly cool) when we're SO close??

Were you frustrated to not get to see the castle right away? The Move It parade is pretty neat. That song is catchy...

I know what you mean about Fantasyland. I felt a bit bad for first time visitors... it looks nothing like it usually does and is definitely missing a bit of magic. But I am sure it will all be worth it when it is done... when is that scheduled for, does anyone know?

Good pics of Snow White. That was infamously my first ride as a kid and it scared the bejesus out of me so much that I wanted to go home then and there. Would love to say times have changed but the ride still scares me a bit... that witch is mean!

Old 11-06-2010, 07:14 PM   #147
francis6306
DIS Veteran

Awe... As I was reading this, Cortlyn came up beside me and said "Dat's Snow White! Her at Disney World! I go to Disney World!" and started running around talking about what she's taking to DW! I can't wait!

Although, I am sad about the expansion mess... Especially since this is my hubby and daughter's first trip. I do love that picture in the monorail!

Spring Break, March 2015 PTR

July '14 Girl's Trip!! PTR~Mar 2014 PTR ~ Nov '12 PTR~'Dec '10:My Pretrip Report My Trip Report!~'05 Girls trip Pop Century~
'99 Magical Music Days~81-90's Various offsite/onsite trips
Old 11-07-2010, 10:10 AM   #148
princess&her4princes
DIS Veteran

Good Morning!!!

Today is a special day for me and I wanted to share!!

8 years ago today, I became a Mommy for the 1st time!! We had a very stressful week leading up to today, 8 years ago, I went into labor at 34 weeks and ended up on bedrest in the hospital. At 35 weeks, after an emergency c-section, my baby boy was born! Ethan was 5 lbs. 3 oz. and was considered the "moose" of the NICU, where he spent almost 2 weeks after delivery. He came home on a heart and respitory monitor for apnea and was on the machine for 6 months, but never missed a beat, even though he was considered a "preemie". I'm so proud to be his Mom and I hope the next 8 years don't go by as quickly as these have!!

My baby boy at about 2 months:

"Mickey" at almost 2 years

Our boy playing baseball this year!

And a little birthday celebration at my parents last night!

Thanks for letting me share! I will update soon!!!

We're off to a local resort, to have a Pirate ship pool party with our boys and some of Ethan's friends this afternoon! Have a great day!!

Last edited by princess&her4princes; 11-07-2010 at 10:19 AM.
Old 11-07-2010, 10:51 AM   #149
Tickanee
Mouseketeer

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ETHAN!!!

Sweet pictures Kristen. Have a great day today!!

Old 11-07-2010, 02:33 PM   #150
stephielela
DIS Veteran

Happy Birthday to Ethan and you too mom! My DS is only 2 and I cannot even IMAGINE when he is 8! But time does fly!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: