Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > UK Trip Reports Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-07-2011, 04:45 PM   #1
Chilly
I was having a bit of a blonde moment
D'oh!
Married my prince at WDW

Chilly 4.0 The Quadrilogy - Day 13

Thursday 7th October 2010

A long lie in today, so long in fact we skipped straight to lunch at the foodcourt, DH went for a pizza and I had a beef po boy which I liked but DH wasn't keen when he tried it.

(Don't think I ever posted a photo of the car we had)

We went to theme park lost and found in the hope that they had found his sunglasses lens but no such luck. Next stop Celebration which we'd not visited before. After driving a round for a bit we parked up and got an ice cream, DH picked one called Cake Batter and because of where we were I opted for Celebration Mud, we both liked the flavours and sat eating them on the rocking chairs by the lake. We spotted a gator in the lake and walked all the way round. We went back to the car and drove round a bit more, as it was Halloween we saw lots of decorations one house was totally covered to create it (photo below). As we left Celebration we saw a Nike factory store so we stopped but DH didn't see anything he liked.

Chilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 04:46 PM   #2
Chilly
I was having a bit of a blonde moment
D'oh!
Married my prince at WDW

We headed to DTD, I got some more pins in the Pin Shop, I was surprised by how many DH let me get. Next stop Ghirardelli to get a bag to take home with us. Back at the hotel I start to pack our suitcases while DH watches basketball on TV.

Tonight our ADR was in Epcot, we took the bus over and where really early i'd gotten confused by what time are ADR was but that didn't matter as it gave us time to do a few things. First stop for free coke and I trick DH into drinking the Beverley sample...

In Mexico I spotted Donald so we queued to meet him. Next stop Norway were we rode the ride, they could really make that a lot better quite easily. We get some more photopass photos and arrive in Canada in perfect time for our Le Cellier ADR.

I get a torontopolitan (the server compliments my pronunciation), I think DH got wine, we both got a cup of the cheddar cheese soup, then I opted for the New York Strip and DH has the Filet Mignon. For dessert I get chocolate "mouse" and DH has creme brulee and are given some free champagne. After DH pays I look at the bill and notice the soup wasn't on there, don't know if that was pixie dust or a mistake.

We have a look in the UK shops then decide to watch the fireworks from France as we'd not watched from here before. DH pops to the F&W stall and gets us a couple of drinks, I get a Kir Royale, DH had wine I think.

After the fireworks were over we head to Jellyrolls where we were joined by Lori and Eoghan for a while. I ask for a song but they don't play it DH wants to leave but I keep saying one more song. We jump a taxi back to the hotel.
Chilly is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-08-2011, 03:35 AM   #3
Jets fan
DIS Veteran

Your pics are great. Celebration looks lovely and is one of the places that are on my #must see# list next time.

Tina
Jets fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2011, 04:04 AM   #4
mandymouse
If It's Not A Bahama Mama Then I'm Not Interested
Can I put my Christmas Tree up yet ?

DISboards Moderator

Another lovely day Claire, I love your firework pics

mandymouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2011, 08:14 AM   #5
Latte Lover
in charge of the credit cards and plotting quickest routes to the shopping malls

Lovely day, Claire. We saw that spooky house all lit up when we were there too.

1975 Royal Plaza 1997 Master's Inn Kissimee 1999 Clarion Universal 2001 Howard Johnson Maingate East 2003 Econolodge 2005 Howard Johnson Maingate West 2006 Our Timeshare at Sheraton Vistana Resort 2007 Club Sevilla 2008 Sheraton Vistana(May), Terrace Ridge (Aug)Nov 2009 Barefoot'n' in the keys, Kissimmee2010 Cumbrian LakesOct 2011 Sheraton & Disney MagicNov 2012 Florida Keys, The Sheraton, and OKW
Latte Lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2011, 08:28 AM   #6
strawberry blonde
DIS Veteran

Back in 1999 when we hadn't been to Orlando for 10 yrs, we managed to get lost one night and ended up at Celebration ( we were aiming for I-Drive ) and all the houses were lit up as it was October. A really lovely sight.

You're certainly packing a lot in Claire. Another great day.
strawberry blonde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 03:53 PM   #7
mark&sue
I keep trying to convert everybody, but they just don't want to be converted
I can only get a tag if its near the weekend. a monday, tuesday and some wednesdays are definately no tag days

the food and drink look delish

susan
Oct 1992: off site - April 1998: Dixie Landings - Oct 1999: DL California - Oct 2000: Grosvenor Resort - Oct 2001: POFQ - Dec 2001:Disneyland Hotel - Oct 2003: Davy Crockets Cabins - Oct 2004: Grand Floridian -May 2005: SSR (DVC) & HRH - Oct 2005: New York Hotel - Oct 2006: SSR and BCV (DVC) - Aug 2007: SSR (DVC) and 1st Disney Cruise - July 2008: Sequoia Lodge - July 2010: Treehouse Villas - Sequoia Lodge: Oct 2010 - April 2011 Treehouse Villas/Portofino Bay
2012/13: Several trips to our Dream holiday Home in Spain
mark&sue is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: