Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > UK Trip Reports Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-05-2011, 02:25 PM   #1
martinrmn
DIS Veteran

daft people and Harry Potter

We got back from Florida just before Christmas. A couple of things I did notice. The number of people playing with their I phones or mobiles whilst walking. They seem to expect you to watch where you were going in addition to where THEY were going!! I don't know about you but when in the parks playing with electronic games is not what I want to do. When you bump into them its obviously your fault!

We were also lucky enough to get into Islands of Adventure 2 hours ahead of the crowds thanks to Virgin. We had breakfast in HP land and then waited for the ride to open. All of a sudden hundreds of people descended upon us clamouring to get into the ride. The staff had no idea how to control this horde and there was much shoving and to hell with kids. I felt like shouting that its "only a ride" and "its not real". A little bit annoying as we were told we would get on the ride earlier due to our tickets. I can't blame Virgin but do blame Universal for not being more organised. Why do people have to push and shove when by using some sense we all know we will get on the ride? The ride itself is good but the queue system needs work. Can't help but think Disney would have done it better.
Old 01-06-2011, 01:51 PM   #2
Pegasus928
DIS Veteran

I have noticed that normal rules tend to go out of the window when in Florida. The times we have seen it most are when waiting for parades or fireworks. Everyone seems to think that it's more important that their child sees everything - despite the fact that you have been sat waiting for the best part of 2 hours.
Pegasus928 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-07-2011, 08:45 AM   #3
JonFozz
Earning My Ears

Just got back after spending 2 weeks over Christmas and New Year. Couldn't agree more.

What got be was the Brazilian family ground of a dozen at least. For a country that has given us some of the greatest racing drivers the world has ever seen, their countryman seem to have no sense of direction or spacial awareness. Don't get be started on the "Salad Dodgers" in their motorised wheelchairs....
Old 01-14-2011, 12:33 PM   #4
mark&sue
I keep trying to convert everybody, but they just don't want to be converted
I can only get a tag if its near the weekend. a monday, tuesday and some wednesdays are definately no tag days

The on-site hotels offer early opening for Harry Potterland to their hotel guests which would be full up over the holidays so would assume it was all those guests.

We went last July and was very busy and was very pleased to have stayed on site. Hoping to do the same in 11 weeks time

susan
Oct 1992: off site - April 1998: Dixie Landings - Oct 1999: DL California - Oct 2000: Grosvenor Resort - Oct 2001: POFQ - Dec 2001:Disneyland Hotel - Oct 2003: Davy Crockets Cabins - Oct 2004: Grand Floridian -May 2005: SSR (DVC) & HRH - Oct 2005: New York Hotel - Oct 2006: SSR and BCV (DVC) - Aug 2007: SSR (DVC) and 1st Disney Cruise - July 2008: Sequoia Lodge - July 2010: Treehouse Villas - Sequoia Lodge: Oct 2010 - April 2011 Treehouse Villas/Portofino Bay
2012/13: Several trips to our Dream holiday Home in Spain
mark&sue is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: