Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Disney Collectors Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-03-2002, 12:23 AM   #1
Raulandpinboy
Table-dancing auctioneer
Wig-wearing Techno-weenie Imagineer

I managed to say Hargloblooter and numkinbla

Location: Orlando Florida yes I'm 10 minutes from Disney eat your hearts out y'all

Talking A tourist just told me this....

I was at DTD getting my map pin with my Stitch insert.

Just then a tourist tried to stop me and informed me that the pin traders on the other side told her not to install the insert that it would make the pin less valuable and harder to trade.

So I started thinking, are they right, or should we just let these poor people alone and let them have fun. Also can you trade a build-a-pin with a cast member if you get tired or bored with it?

My opinion....

Leave these people alone let them build the pin, that way it means more to them, they are holding on to these pin like they were gold, on Ebay they are worth nothing thanks to people like me who help those that cant get one cause they live up north get one. Sorry greedy people

As to trading I'm up in the air I would want to trade a cast member a map pin with Stitch on it, and they do say Disney on them.

What do the rest of you think?????
Old 09-03-2002, 06:43 AM   #2
Obi-Wan Pinobi
Jedi moderator who likes to live on the edge
Master potato masher
Rop it! Rop it!
Must obey MeanLaureen

My question is -- why would anyone want to trade one of the build a pins with a CM in the first place? I thought the whole thing about the build a pin is that it gives someone a chance to create a unique souvenir of WDW. Trading that onto a CM lanyard would be like trading one of the photo pins from last year's Epcot Pin Celebration.

I wouldn't doubt if there are people holding onto the bases and add-ons in the anticipation that they become valuable when they are retired. But to tell a tourist or a casual pin trader not to install the insert because that would ruin the value of the pin? Maybe not quite a dorsal fin alert, but it's easy to see where their first thoughts are.
Old 09-03-2002, 10:21 AM   #3
3kids4me
Besotted Pin Lover
Has trained her children to say "Look at the pins...don't touch!" ;)
It's not nice to fool Mother Tag Fairy. .... :D

Next time I buy a t-shirt, remind me not to wear it so that I can sell it on ebay in a few years...
3kids4me is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: