Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Weddings and Honeymoons > Planning our Happily Ever After
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-11-2011, 09:30 AM   #76
CityGirlLost
DIS Veteran

Hi all! Guess what came in my email today... our LOA!!!! Wooo hooo!

There are a couple of corrections that need to be made and some clarifications but we're on our way! We have to send it back to DFTW with our $2K (yikes! right before Christmas!!!) and we're all set!

I'm all fluttery and nervous.

I set up our honeymoon registry and our Facebook webpage.

It's starting to feel really really real!

Juli & Wayne's Fairy Tale Wedding WP/WHP 11/1/2012 ~Planning Journal
CityGirlLost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 11:07 AM   #77
BethieTink
DIS Veteran

Juli,

Just wanted to post and say congrats on getting your LOA! Everything looks great. Can't wait to read more.
Register to remove

Old 11-19-2011, 02:06 PM   #78
CityGirlLost
DIS Veteran

I dropped the envelope with our check and our signed contract off at the post office this morning. I guess I can start moving on to the real projects for the wedding and shopping and saving (more) and all that hardcore stuff because we're good to go with DFTW.

I am excited and nervous and ecstatic and freaking out (in a good way) all at the same time.

I just keep saying, "OMG, OMG, OMG..."

Wow. It's really happening.

Old 03-26-2012, 07:55 PM   #79
CityGirlLost
DIS Veteran

I suck at keeping up with this!

Let's see, since the last post:

I lost my job, after signing the contract and right before Christmas.

Struggled with unemployment until just two weeks ago.

We booked our wedding trip. We're staying in a Nemo suite at the Art of Animation resort from October 29th until November 4.

In terms of wedding planning, not a whole lot has happened. We were assigned Maxine as our planner and I was all excited until she mentioned that she was moved to Hawaii to set up the wedding program at Aulani.

We booked our planning session for May 31- June 3. I can't wait. I think that's when it will feel really real for me. Setting up the menu and picking a cake. Maxine keeps telling me that we don't really have to do anything until that session.

We decided to use Glynn Ferguson of Sensational Ceremonies but I still have to make the deposit.

I've started working on our invitations and will post those to my blog when they're ready.

We're set on having a dessert party. I don't know what site they have in mind for us.

I just started a new job. It's a temp job but it's a paycheck and apparently they hire temps to permanent jobs frequently. Wish me luck on that front.

Old 03-27-2012, 04:07 AM   #80
MrsRomance
Counting down until the next DFTW :D

Hi Juli!

Just caught up, LOVE all your ideas so far. I am so envious of anyone crafty....I am just not that way made! Good luck with the new job and hope it pans out for you!!
Old 05-24-2012, 09:38 AM   #81
Pengwend
Mouseketeer

DVC Gold Member
Paid DVC Rent/Trade
Gold Membership

New planner?

Hi Juli! Just read through and am so sorry to hear your planning trip was so bad.

We had Maxine as our first planner (we ended up sort of having 3..., long story; it's on my PJ) and she was great while we had her. Do you know if you'll be getting someone new?

26 May 2011 | Wedding Pavilion, Narcoossee's, Italy Isola West
Pengwend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 11:49 AM   #82
CityGirlLost
DIS Veteran

Why would I be getting someone new? Maxine just emailed me yesterday. We're all set to have our planning session with her next Friday!

Old 05-24-2012, 11:54 AM   #83
CityGirlLost
DIS Veteran

Last edited by CityGirlLost; 05-24-2012 at 03:17 PM.
Old 05-24-2012, 03:24 PM   #84
CityGirlLost
DIS Veteran

At this time next week, Wayne and I wioll be rushing to the Philadelphia airtport to hop on our flight to Orlando for our planning session! SQUEEE!!!! I can't believe it's finally here and that we're really going!

We're staying at Coronado Springs and it will be our first stay together at a moderate resort. We have the planning session on Friday so I didn't book any sit-down meals for that day since I'm guessing we'll be pretty full from the tasting. Saturday we're having dinner at LeCellier and Sunday is breakfast at Kona before we fly home.

We had a hard time deciding on menu items. We're technically a lunch reception but I think we're treating it like a dinner.

Here's what we're trying:
  • Roasted Chicken w/ Applewood bacon, Caramelized Shallots and Apple Cabernet Reduction (Protein)
  • Three-Peppercorn & Whole Grain Mustard Rubbed Beef Strip Loin with Caramelized Red Onion Compote and Gorgonzola Cheese Fondue (Protein)
  • Parmesan Crusted Chicken with Mushroom Cream (Protein)
  • Florida Rock Shrimp, Scallop, Crab and Hearts of Palm Salad with a touch of Fire Lemon Basil Lime Oil (Salad)
  • Couscous Salad with Rum-roasted Pineapple and Marinated Citrus (Starch or Salad?)
  • Sweet Corn Bisque with Lobster and Prosciutto (could this be served as an appetizer shooter instead of as a soup course?)
  • Wonton Cups with Thai Beef Salad (Appetizer)
  • Smoked Scallops with Cilantro, Sriracha and Basil Ponzu Sauce (Appetizer)

I also submitted the sketch for our Small World themed cake.

I need to send the check, but we've decided to use Jason Angelini for our photographer.

Old 05-24-2012, 06:34 PM   #85
CinderALLIE
DIS Veteran

Just found your PJ. Those invitations are great. Looking forward to your PS TR.

18/10/09-9/9/09 - First trip to Disneyland with side trip to Walt Disney Family Museum *Backstage Magic Tour and Disney's Paradise Pier Hotel*

MY LIFE SUCKS!! No trips planned, hopefully late 2014 or sometime in 2015
CinderALLIE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 11:54 AM   #86
CRdisMom
DIS Veteran

i'm still loving all the ideas you are sharing. Can't wait to see how it all turns out! All that food sounds realllllllyyyyyy yummmy.

CRdisMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2012, 12:21 PM   #87
CityGirlLost
DIS Veteran

By this time next week our planning session will be over. Wayne and I will be strolling through Epcot awaiting our ADR at LeCellier. I CANNOT wait.

Old 05-30-2012, 12:34 PM   #88
CityGirlLost
DIS Veteran

Here's what we'll be tasting on Friday:
  • Roasted Chicken w/ Applewood bacon, Caramelized Shallots and Apple Cabernet Reduction (Protein)
  • Three-Peppercorn & Whole Grain Mustard Rubbed Beef Strip Loin with Caramelized Red Onion Compote and Gorgonzola Cheese Fondue (Protein)
  • Parmesan Crusted Chicken with Mushroom Cream (Protein)
  • Florida Rock Shrimp, Scallop, Crab and Hearts of Palm Salad with a touch of Fire Lemon Basil Lime Oil (Salad)
  • Couscous Salad with Rum-roasted Pineapple and Marinated Citrus (Starch or Salad?)
  • Sweet Corn Bisque with Lobster and Prosciutto (could this be served as an appetizer shooter instead of as a soup course?)
  • Wonton Cups with Thai Beef Salad (Appetizer)
  • Smoked Scallops with Cilantro, Sriracha and Basil Ponzu Sauce (Appetizer)

I am still working on their crazy planning kit document. I think because we're having an unusual wedding - no bridesmaids or groomsmen, four kids, don't know if my parents are coming (looks like no)- it makes it hard to make decisions.

Old 05-30-2012, 01:52 PM   #89
CRdisMom
DIS Veteran

i am truly hoping that you take photos of all of this food. My trips have all been vicariously thru others lately...LOL

CRdisMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 02:53 PM   #90
CityGirlLost
DIS Veteran

I started my trip report and the board ate it. Grrr.

We left on Thursday afternoon, after a half day of work, frantic shopping of travel-sized toiletries, juggling kids to my parents, worrying that I was forgetting something and packing. I gave us four hours to drive down 95 through Philly to get through the airport, a trip that should only take an hour and a half. We hit a little traffic but we still had time to park at the far edge of the universe in the economy parking lot and then catch a shuttle to the terminal, wind our way through security and then make the trek to the last gate at the end of the terminal.

How is it that no matter where I'm going or what airline I've chosen to fly with, I have to haul my stuff to the furthest gate from the front door?

Still, we had all this bonus time at the Philly airport and as luck would have it, there was a Sunglass hut right past security. I'd decided the day before that I *needed* new sunglasses that were darker, polarized and better than all the other sunglasses I'd ever owned (as I've only ever bought sunglasses at RiteAid!)

I got these beauties:

They're not exactly on the cutting edge of current trends but they're dark, they're polarized and they don't make me look like Bono or a fly.

We also had time to get something to eat at Chickie & Pete's. Apparently they're a Philly chain and they make great sandwiches and Crab Fries. These did not include any actual crab. Instead they were like shoestring crinkle cut fries and they were covered in Old Bay. They came with a white cheddar queso and they were really, really good.

We had an uneventful flight where the two of us had a row to ourselves. I love when that happens! We landed in Orlando at 11 pm and it was off to the far other side of the airport to Disney's Magical Express.

We'd booked a room at Coronado Springs using the AP discount rate. I was nervous that we'd get hassled that we didn't have actual passes yet and only the vouchers to turn in to get passes. Alas, the CM who checked us in didn't care. We set up a 6:30 wake up call. I was also worried that we'd be at the waaaaay back end of the resort, since my luck tends to run that way. Alas, no. We were in Casitas 5, which is the furthest of the Casitas buildings from the Centro. We were exhausted and it was very late, but we hauled our stuff out to our room.

We'd never considered staying at CS before because all of the pictures I'd seen before the refurb showed furniture that was painted in pastel colors and it was just ugly 80s southwestern ickiness. Now, they're redecorated! Our room looked like this:

Pretty!

Even though it was late, we unpacked, plugged in all of our various chargers, set up the room, set two more alarm clocks, and watched Stacy and her Must-Dos before falling asleep!

Last edited by CityGirlLost; 06-06-2012 at 03:05 PM.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: