Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-11-2010, 03:06 PM   #91
DisneyDreamerMom
Mouseketeer

So jealous you are going back so soon! Isn't Pop the best? It's our fav too. Congrats on TSM 2 x in a row.

I can't wait to read more!
Old 12-11-2010, 03:19 PM   #92
IheartDDuck
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyDreamerMom View Post
So jealous you are going back so soon! Isn't Pop the best? It's our fav too. Congrats on TSM 2 x in a row.

I can't wait to read more!
I like POP very much. We normally don't get the chance to stay there because we stay at the DVC resorts normally on points, but I really enjoyed our time there, and it's a great option when we don't want to use the timeshare.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-12-2010, 07:56 AM   #93
Nermel9
DIS Veteran

Pop looks so cute, I'd like to stay there one day!

I can't believe the TSM FP's go so quickly and the line gets SO long SO fast...I don't know if I'm ever going to be able to deal with that stampede in the morning, I think I'd rather just wait in line for an hour!

I can't believe DHS is open til 3am on your next trip, that's going to be so much fun! I love being there late at night, but i'm never there when it's open later than 10.

NEW December 2013 TR, In Progress!

My TR's/PTR's~2/13 TR~11/12 TR!~11/12 PTR!~5/12 TR!~5/12 PTR!~12/11 TR!~10/11 TR!~10/11 PTR!~11/10 TR!~11/10 PTR!~Disneymoon TR 5/10!

Many family trips offsite~9/08 ASMu~11/09 WL~Disneymoon 5/10 BC~11/10 POR~10/11 WL~12/11 Pop~5/12 BC~11/12 AoA/POR~2/13 AKL/BLT
Old 12-12-2010, 09:21 AM   #94
IheartDDuck
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nermel9 View Post
Pop looks so cute, I'd like to stay there one day!

I can't believe the TSM FP's go so quickly and the line gets SO long SO fast...I don't know if I'm ever going to be able to deal with that stampede in the morning, I think I'd rather just wait in line for an hour!

I can't believe DHS is open til 3am on your next trip, that's going to be so much fun! I love being there late at night, but i'm never there when it's open later than 10.
I had never seen TSM's fastpass line that long before. It was absolutely insane!

I am so excited about DHS being open so late! I'm normally not there when it's open so late either. I don't recall any of the parks being open that late when I was there over last New Years.
Old 12-12-2010, 11:17 AM   #95
IheartDDuck
DIS Veteran

I have some good news!

I have some good news to share. My parents 40th wedding anniversary is coming up next year, and to celebrate my mom wanted to go with the whole family to the world. They have been saving their vacation points for this, and we just hit the seven month window to make our reservations.

I called on Thursday right when DVC member services opened. Our goal was simple. Try to get Bay Lake Tower at the Contemporary. We were trying to be optimistic, but realistic at the same time, because we know that Bay Lake Tower fills up quickly.

So I called. It was a long process, but I managed to get us three studios for our entire trip! I am sooooo excited, because we have not stayed at BLT, I've only seen it on a DVC tour. It will be really nice to be at a convenient resort. I will have to start a PTR for that soon, but right now I need to finish all of my others!

The cast is:

Mom and Dad - Awesome parents celebrating 40 years married. I think it's an amazing accomplishment that deserves celebration!

Myself - That's a given! LOL

Brother Jason and Nephew Joaquin - Joaquin is going to be 3 1/2 by the time we go. You'll want to hop on board for that TR, because he is just a ham and a 1/2!

Brother Chris, SIL Sara, Niece Riley - Riley will be about 6 when we go. She doesn't like to ride much and is very picky, but hopefully we can change that!

Potentially my cousin Michelle, her husband Brian, and their son Grant (will be about 2 1/2) will be coming along. She will book separately through their timeshare!

When? July 9 - July 15
Old 12-12-2010, 12:24 PM   #96
DVCWDWMEMBER
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by IheartDDuck View Post
I have some good news to share. My parents 40th wedding anniversary is coming up next year, and to celebrate my mom wanted to go with the whole family to the world. They have been saving their vacation points for this, and we just hit the seven month window to make our reservations.

I called on Thursday right when DVC member services opened. Our goal was simple. Try to get Bay Lake Tower at the Contemporary. We were trying to be optimistic, but realistic at the same time, because we know that Bay Lake Tower fills up quickly.

So I called. It was a long process, but I managed to get us three studios for our entire trip! I am sooooo excited, because we have not stayed at BLT, I've only seen it on a DVC tour. It will be really nice to be at a convenient resort. I will have to start a PTR for that soon, but right now I need to finish all of my others!

The cast is:

Mom and Dad - Awesome parents celebrating 40 years married. I think it's an amazing accomplishment that deserves celebration!

Myself - That's a given! LOL

Brother Jason and Nephew Joaquin - Joaquin is going to be 3 1/2 by the time we go. You'll want to hop on board for that TR, because he is just a ham and a 1/2!

Brother Chris, SIL Sara, Niece Riley - Riley will be about 6 when we go. She doesn't like to ride much and is very picky, but hopefully we can change that!

Potentially my cousin Michelle, her husband Brian, and their son Grant (will be about 2 1/2) will be coming along. She will book separately through their timeshare!

When? July 9 - July 15
We are so excited to be staying at BLT. I know we will all have an awesome time
6/85 Offsite:12/86 DI: 8/88, 1/98, 5/00 DLR- Offsite:12/91 CR: 11/93 FWC: 1/99 POFQ: 9/99 CSR:01/02 CB/PR: 01/03 BCV: 12/03 DCL/BCV:10/04, 10/08 SSR: 05/05 PR: 01/06 WL: 05/06 GC-DLR: 11/06 POFQ: 02/07 DLH-DLR:11/07 BWV/POR: 05/08 OKW/VB: 05/09 AK/VB:10/09 GF:09/10 Disneyland Paris :11/10 POP: 07/11 BLT: 9/11 OKW: 6/12 Disneyland Paris : 7/13 WL,SSR-THV,AK :1/14 SSR:5/14 BC :11/14 WL: 2/15 AK: 8/15 DLH

Old 12-12-2010, 02:05 PM   #97
IheartDDuck
DIS Veteran

Day 1 - 11/25/2010 Cont.

So we left off just having finished lunch at Backlot Express. Lunch was very good, and hit the spot for us.

One our way out, our first stop was Tatooine Traders. We wanted to look for something for my nephew Joaquin. Right now, at the age of 3, he is obsessed with the Clone Wars, so we figured that getting him something Star Wars would be appropriate. Funny note on Joaquin. He loves Star Wars, but he can't say Lightsaber to save his life. It always sounds like 'ight-yaver. It's too cute. We went out to dinner not too long ago with Jason and Joaquin, and we made him a lightsaber out of straws. So he kept talking about it, and my mom asks him "what is it?" "A 'ight-yaver". She asked him three times, because it was so cute, and the last time he says "I....said....it's.....a......'IGHT-YAVER!" He was getting so annoyed!

I wanted to get him a lightsaber, but didn't want to get him a big one, because he's 3, and can't be trusted with that stuff right now! LOL. So, I got him a small one attached to a keychain.

I got this for me. Hello, I love Donald!

Mom got Joaquin the little collection. I can't believe I didn't take a picture. You know, the ones that are a little squeezy plastic, look like bath toys? They come in a round carry all and make them for most of the Disney characters.

After this, we were off to:

I love Muppetvision! I know this show is old, but I love going and can watch this all the time. The Muppets are awesome and I love Jim Hensen in general.

The show was funny (as always!), and what was really awesome was that the theater was a little more on the full side. This made it lots of fun, because the kids were just having such a good time! It always makes these movies more enjoyable.

After our obligatory trip to see the Muppets, it was on to the Backlot Tour. I have not done the Backlot Tour for quite a number of years, and after reading Rosie's (englishrose) trip report, I wanted to make sure it was on my list.

The people that were selected for Harbor Attack were really great sports, and they made the first part of the show very enjoyable.

We had a slight delay once we made it to the tram vehicles, but only for about 10 minutes. I'm always amazed that as soon as someone says "slight delay", they want out and off. I understand if someone has a dining reservation, but seriously, tons of people hopped off the tram. We were actually on in no time and were on our way. I ended up sitting next to a guy that decided the backlot tour was prime time for sleeping!

These guys were having so much fun! I didn't realize the backlot tour shows the "dump" site for LMA.

Good thing my mom was sitting on the edge!

This picture doesn't show it, but this guy was a cutie!

Hey look, the sleeper's awake......wait, no he isn't! He's sleeping behind his glasses!

Continued in next post:
Old 12-12-2010, 02:26 PM   #98
IheartDDuck
DIS Veteran

Day 1 - 11/25/2010 Cont.

Cont.

After we were done, I wanted to head over to One Man's Dream because I had heard that they had refurbed it, and that there were new displays. But that wasn't before I had to stop and get a frozen coke!

I love frozen coke, but I don't allow myself to have it too often. They don't allow food or drink in One Man's Dream, so mom and I took up residence on a bench right outside and shared the frozen coke. Once we were done, it was time to go in.

Mom was funny here, because this played into the trend of my mom not hearing me over the crowds. She started heading in where people were going out (Narnia walkthrough). I was like: "Mom.........Mom!.......MOM!" before she turned around to see why I was calling her. Priceless.

Honestly, I only saw a few things in there that seemed to be new. I did like this though:

Veggie fruit fruit, veggie veggie fruit fruit! *sigh* I miss that show

We stayed for the movie, because mom and I are both sentimental fools. After, we wanted to head over the the Animation area to meet Lottso. At first, we were going to go through the entire tour, but then noticed that you can skip the tour and go in to meet the characters instead (as much as I know about Disney, this kind of stuff is new to me because normally we don't do character meets).

It was 3pm when we got there, and Lottso wasn't going to be back until 3:45pm. At first I said that we could just go, because I didn't want to wait around for 45 minutes. However, on our way out, we got distracted (isn't that what always happens?).

The parade was going on

We also went into the candy store, and bought jelly beans (can't forget those!), and by the time we were done, it was 3:30pm. Mom made the executive decision at this time to go back to the Animation tour to see Lottso. We got there and only a small line had begun to form. We had met a really nice photopass photographer in the Animation Courtyard and we got our picture taken. I don't know what we did, but he said that we had made his day by visiting with him. It was so nice.

After about 15 minutes we were let into the queue area. We waited about 10 minutes, and it was our turn. Lo and behold, it was our nice photopass guy that was there taking the pictures. He said that he was so happy to see us again. I love moments like this. It makes you feel so familiar. I got my picture with Lottso, which made me happy (I will post photopass pictures shortly). It was nice to do something different then we normally do, which for me is a meet and greet.

At that time, we were ready to leave the park. We had done what we intended to do. I think that if you're able to do TSM twice, it's a success! Plus, we were already starting to get hungry. We had to make sure we ate early, because we were doing the fireworks dessert party that night. Had to make sure we had room for that! We got on a POP bus at about 4:15pm and were on our way.

First stop was the front desk. I wanted to request a fridge, which I had forgotten to do. Lickity split, the cast member said they'd take care of it. Then it was off to Everything POP. Mom bought me an awesome iPhone case (Kermit!), a deck of Uno cards, and a POP pin for herself. Thanks mom!

After she made her purchases, we were heading into the food area to purchase dinner. Since it was Thanksgiving, they were offering a platter with turkey, stuffing, mashed potatoes, sweet potatoes, green beans, a roll, and pie for $14.99. Pretty good deal if I do say so myself. We both opted for this.

It was really tasty, and I was happy with it.

Back in the room, this was waiting for us.

And we got to survey our purchases

The fridge was already in the room when we got there, which was handy, because we were able to stick the pie (that we didn't eat), in there for later. Too bad inevitably we would forget to eat it!

It was about 5:30pm when we got back to the room. We did a few things, mostly me writing about the trip. I also had to do a little bit of homework. That's one of the downfalls of attending the University of Phoenix online. I still had to post for participation, even though it was Thanksgiving. Oh well. We relaxed until about 7pm. We changed, and then were off.

Up next: The fireworks dessert party!
Old 12-12-2010, 02:32 PM   #99
IheartDDuck
DIS Veteran

Hollywood Studios Photopass Pics!

Here are the photopass pictures from HS!

How priceless are our faces?

Old 12-12-2010, 05:06 PM   #100
wdwgirl03
I'm just a big Disney Freak! :-)
I will throw a party the day I get a tag!!!
I am pretty wimpy when it comes to thrill rides

Hooray for getting BLT! We haven't stayed there yet either but last summer when me, my dad and sister went we went over there to see what it was like. It looked really cool!

Great day at DHS! Nothing beats starting your day off with TSM and it looks like you got a lot of other things accomplished too. That is so cool you spotted Figment!
'91-Disney villas '93, '95, '97, '99, '01, '02-Polynesian '03-All Star Sports '05-All Star Movies; offsite- Universal/Disney Oct. '06, Dec. '07/Jan. '08-Saratoga Springs May '08-Animal Kingdom Lodge Dec. '08-Beach Club Villas Aug. '09-Villas @ the Wilderness Lodge April '10-Kidani Village Aug. '10-Saratoga Springs Mar. '11-Old Key West Oct. '11-Saratoga Springs April '12-Boardwalk Villas April '13-Bay Lake Tower Aug. '13-Pop Century Dec. '13-Saratoga Springs April '14-Pop Century UPCOMING TRIP: Dec. '14-DISNEYLAND!!!
*DVC member since 2006*

Disneyland- '04, '06

Check out my past TRs: Mar./April '11 Oct. '11 CURRENT TR: APRIL '13 TR APRIL '13 PTR facebook Twitter/Instagram:mugirl0307
Old 12-12-2010, 06:44 PM   #101
IheartDDuck
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdwgirl03 View Post
Hooray for getting BLT! We haven't stayed there yet either but last summer when me, my dad and sister went we went over there to see what it was like. It looked really cool!

Great day at DHS! Nothing beats starting your day off with TSM and it looks like you got a lot of other things accomplished too. That is so cool you spotted Figment!
We're super excited about BLT. We got the opportunity to check it out last year as well, and it was so cool. I was surprised honestly that they had three studios for us!

Figment is one of my favorites and has been forever. I miss the old ride so much.
Old 12-12-2010, 11:17 PM   #102
SOUTHERNtinkerBELLE
DIS Veteran

Hi Danielle! I'm joining in! I can't wait to read about how you managed Disney in three days - I thought we were crazy for attempting four! I'm going back to catch up now!
Old 12-12-2010, 11:47 PM   #103
scottny
You better have crackers
I heard of light reading, never wet reading
I still won't go in the ocean because of

Great updates and pics.

Congrats on BLT. That is one we r thinking of for October but will probably hope for BCV being F&W is going on. Right now we are at SSR.

Nice to do TSM twice.

MMM, those jelly beans looked good

WOW! u r going back fast. Lucky you.
Old 12-13-2010, 10:52 AM   #104
IheartDDuck
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOUTHERNtinkerBELLE View Post
Hi Danielle! I'm joining in! I can't wait to read about how you managed Disney in three days - I thought we were crazy for attempting four! I'm going back to catch up now!

I seriously don't know how we did it either! I've never been for that short of a trip before.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottny View Post
Great updates and pics.

Congrats on BLT. That is one we r thinking of for October but will probably hope for BCV being F&W is going on. Right now we are at SSR.

Nice to do TSM twice.

MMM, those jelly beans looked good

WOW! u r going back fast. Lucky you.
I'm really excited about BLT. The models are so cool, and I was floored that we managed to get three rooms.

This is the fastest turn around I've ever had to WDW. I think I need to join a support group.....
Old 12-16-2010, 12:27 PM   #105
Lovemy3babes
Is always in need to get herself and her children back to our "Happy Place"!

Great update! You and your mom did some really fun things in DHS. I have always wanted to go see One Man's Dream. Next trip for sure! I want some of those Uno cards!!! We love Uno in our house.

Just me and my girl…a very special 13th Birthday trip!
(updated 2/20/14)

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: