Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-04-2010, 04:52 PM   #76
IheartDDuck
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinkerbellLuvr7 View Post
CONGRATS!! I think you have offically beat me as going to WDW more times in one year! My trip next week will be my 4th this year but I think you've beat me!

Were you able to get an AP discount or anything on the room?? That will be an awesome time for sure!
Thanks! This is honestly the most I will have gone in a 12 month period with my annual pass. I think the most I've ever used my AP before is 3 times. I still can't believe I booked it. I think my dad was jealous when we got back!

I was able to get the AP discount, but only for the last two nights, since the first three technically still fall during the holiday season. Not a big deal though. It will be lots of fun. My dad and I had a great time when we went last year over New Year's. I just hope it's warmer this time around. I was there last year when they were having their record low temperatures of like 30 degrees!
Old 12-05-2010, 10:23 AM   #77
wdwgirl03
I'm just a big Disney Freak! :-)
I will throw a party the day I get a tag!!!
I am pretty wimpy when it comes to thrill rides

Quote:
Originally Posted by IheartDDuck View Post
I officially think that I have lost my mind. So at the last minute, my dad and I get in a conversation, and we are discussing our trip to WDW over New Year's last year. It was a good time, and I talked about how much I loved POP this time around. So what did I do?????

WE'RE BOOKED AT POP FROM 12/30/10 - 1/4/11! I think I've officially lost my mind! I'll go into more details, and probably make this a two for one trip report!

There's something wrong with me.......
Jealous!!! That is when we were supposed to be going (right after Christmas) until my sisters and I decided we couldn't wait to go to WWOHP.

Are you flying out of Milwaukee again? If you are, please pick me up along the way.
'91-Disney villas '93, '95, '97, '99, '01, '02-Polynesian '03-All Star Sports '05-All Star Movies; offsite- Universal/Disney Oct. '06, Dec. '07/Jan. '08-Saratoga Springs May '08-Animal Kingdom Lodge Dec. '08-Beach Club Villas Aug. '09-Villas @ the Wilderness Lodge April '10-Kidani Village Aug. '10-Saratoga Springs Mar. '11-Old Key West Oct. '11-Saratoga Springs April '12-Boardwalk Villas April '13-Bay Lake Tower Aug. '13-Pop Century Dec. '13-Saratoga Springs April '14-Pop Century UPCOMING TRIP: Dec. '14-DISNEYLAND!!!
*DVC member since 2006*

Disneyland- '04, '06

Check out my past TRs: Mar./April '11 Oct. '11 CURRENT TR: APRIL '13 TR APRIL '13 PTR facebook Twitter/Instagram:mugirl0307
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-05-2010, 01:55 PM   #78
IheartDDuck
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdwgirl03 View Post
Jealous!!! That is when we were supposed to be going (right after Christmas) until my sisters and I decided we couldn't wait to go to WWOHP.

Are you flying out of Milwaukee again? If you are, please pick me up along the way.
Yup, I'm flying out of Milwaukee again! Got a great deal on a flight from Southwest. I can leave room in my suitcase.....
Old 12-06-2010, 02:57 PM   #79
Lovemy3babes
Is always in need to get herself and her children back to our "Happy Place"!

Yay for no lines in security!! Sorry you and your mom had to deal with not so respectful passengers on the plane though. That stinks.

And yay for another trip so soon!! I am jealous too.

Just me and my girl…a very special 13th Birthday trip!
(updated 2/20/14)
Old 12-06-2010, 04:02 PM   #80
IheartDDuck
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovemy3babes View Post
Yay for no lines in security!! Sorry you and your mom had to deal with not so respectful passengers on the plane though. That stinks.

And yay for another trip so soon!! I am jealous too.
Thanks! I still can't believe I'm going either. I'm just going to make this one a two for one trip report instead!

Yeah, people that aren't very respectful on planes always just drive me up the wall! Then you question yourself, like, am I the one that's being unreasonable?
Old 12-06-2010, 04:08 PM   #81
Nermel9
DIS Veteran

Wow I'm so jealous you're going again so soon!!! I have to wait practically a whole year til I get to go again. I really need to win the lottery so I can buy DVC and AP's!!!

NEW December 2013 TR, In Progress!

My TR's/PTR's~2/13 TR~11/12 TR!~11/12 PTR!~5/12 TR!~5/12 PTR!~12/11 TR!~10/11 TR!~10/11 PTR!~11/10 TR!~11/10 PTR!~Disneymoon TR 5/10!

Many family trips offsite~9/08 ASMu~11/09 WL~Disneymoon 5/10 BC~11/10 POR~10/11 WL~12/11 Pop~5/12 BC~11/12 AoA/POR~2/13 AKL/BLT
Old 12-07-2010, 03:39 PM   #82
IheartDDuck
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nermel9 View Post
Wow I'm so jealous you're going again so soon!!! I have to wait practically a whole year til I get to go again. I really need to win the lottery so I can buy DVC and AP's!!!
I seriously can't believe that I'm going! Having an AP makes such a huge difference, and it kind of makes me try my best to get my money's worth out of it!

Having DVC is a goal of mine. My parents are so awesome to let me use it frequently, but I want to buy in myself too!
Old 12-07-2010, 04:28 PM   #83
wdwgirl03
I'm just a big Disney Freak! :-)
I will throw a party the day I get a tag!!!
I am pretty wimpy when it comes to thrill rides

Quote:
Yup, I'm flying out of Milwaukee again! Got a great deal on a flight from Southwest. I can leave room in my suitcase.....
Excellent...when do we leave?

I agree about having an AP. It is so nice (as is DVC!). I actually got it because I opened a Disney Visa account and got $200 in Disney reward dollars to put toward it. I'll have to renew it after our trip. That way I'll have an excuse to go a couple more times...gotta get that money's worth out of the AP!
'91-Disney villas '93, '95, '97, '99, '01, '02-Polynesian '03-All Star Sports '05-All Star Movies; offsite- Universal/Disney Oct. '06, Dec. '07/Jan. '08-Saratoga Springs May '08-Animal Kingdom Lodge Dec. '08-Beach Club Villas Aug. '09-Villas @ the Wilderness Lodge April '10-Kidani Village Aug. '10-Saratoga Springs Mar. '11-Old Key West Oct. '11-Saratoga Springs April '12-Boardwalk Villas April '13-Bay Lake Tower Aug. '13-Pop Century Dec. '13-Saratoga Springs April '14-Pop Century UPCOMING TRIP: Dec. '14-DISNEYLAND!!!
*DVC member since 2006*

Disneyland- '04, '06

Check out my past TRs: Mar./April '11 Oct. '11 CURRENT TR: APRIL '13 TR APRIL '13 PTR facebook Twitter/Instagram:mugirl0307
Old 12-08-2010, 09:42 AM   #84
DVCWDWMEMBER
Mouseketeer

Quote:

Having DVC is a goal of mine. My parents are so awesome to let me use it frequently, but I want to buy in myself too!
When you do buy into the DVC will you let dad and I use it
You are awesome yourself you have done so much for us too. You are a gift and blessing to us both
6/85 Offsite:12/86 DI: 8/88, 1/98, 5/00 DLR- Offsite:12/91 CR: 11/93 FWC: 1/99 POFQ: 9/99 CSR:01/02 CB/PR: 01/03 BCV: 12/03 DCL/BCV:10/04, 10/08 SSR: 05/05 PR: 01/06 WL: 05/06 GC-DLR: 11/06 POFQ: 02/07 DLH-DLR:11/07 BWV/POR: 05/08 OKW/VB: 05/09 AK/VB:10/09 GF:09/10 Disneyland Paris :11/10 POP: 07/11 BLT: 9/11 OKW: 6/12 Disneyland Paris : 7/13 WL,SSR-THV,AK :1/14 SSR:5/14 BC :11/14 WL: 2/15 AK: 8/15 DLH

Old 12-08-2010, 08:45 PM   #85
IheartDDuck
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdwgirl03 View Post
Excellent...when do we leave?

I agree about having an AP. It is so nice (as is DVC!). I actually got it because I opened a Disney Visa account and got $200 in Disney reward dollars to put toward it. I'll have to renew it after our trip. That way I'll have an excuse to go a couple more times...gotta get that money's worth out of the AP!
That's totally awesome thought that you got that big of a reward! Did you get the premium annual or the regular? I got the premium because we're going in the summer and early fall, so I want to take advantage of the water parks. I agree, you have to do all you can to get your money's worth out of the AP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DVCWDWMEMBER View Post
When you do buy into the DVC will you let dad and I use it
You are awesome yourself you have done so much for us too. You are a gift and blessing to us both
Awww, mom.....
Old 12-08-2010, 09:14 PM   #86
IheartDDuck
DIS Veteran

Day 1 - 11/25/2010

So I mentioned before that I'm not a morning person, right? So it was pretty much a miracle that I was able to get up at 6:45am with no questions asked. Why? Because I'm in Disney, that's why!

I didn't want to dilly dally too much, because I had a mission, dangit! Ride Toy Story Mania twice!

I hopped in the shower right away, and my goal was to be out of the room by about 7:45am. The shower was so warm, and I was actually a little bit cold because of our very efficient air conditioner! I spent a little longer in the shower then intended because it was so cozy! (Can a shower be cozy?)

The night was pretty good overall, and we both slept pretty decently. I had heard that some problems with POP Century was noise or flushing toilets, but we had none of those problems....or it could have been that I was so tired that I passed out!

We made it through the rest of our morning routine (straighten hair, do makeup, spackle, paint, etc.), and we were out the door by 7:50am. Only 5 minutes late, nice!

We headed over to Everything POP, but mom forgot her camera. So we went back to get that. Then I forgot my LGMH, so had to go back for that. Mind you, we never actually made it past our front door in all of this. It was go outside, turn around, insert key, lather, rinse, repeat. In the meantime, I did manage to snap some pictures.

Our room number - If you ever stay POP preferred, ask for this room! 60's, building five, 1st floor. Primo location!

Our towel animal perched in the window

We finally made it to everything POP for breakfast. I got: breakfast pizza, apple juice, sweet iced tea. Mom got: POP waffle, coffee, and apple/cranberry juice.

Hi mom!

I don't think I look too tired....

Then it was back to the room AGAIN! Well, really it was to drop off our refillable mugs. But it was a good thing that we did go back, because mom had forgotten our annual pass vouchers in the room. Whoops! We kinda need those!

We were right by this little baby

This is literally right out of our room, and that's Classic Hall in the background. So close!

Our first stop was....

Self portrait

A nice man took our picture

We had a bus ride with no issues, and were at Hollywood Studios in no time

Goal number one? Get our annual passes!

Mine

Mom's

Our first goal was to find a photopass photographer. Since I prepurchased the photopass CD, I wanted to make sure that I took plenty of pictures. I will post PP pics in an individual post when I complete a day. Stay tuned!

Our first goal was to get to Toy Story Mania. We headed straight over there with a goal of getting fastpasses and getting into line. Well, that plan went out the window. It was only 9:10 in the morning, and the line for fastpasses was ALL THE WAY BACK TO VOYAGE OF THE LITTLE MERMAID!

We had a strict goal of being out of the park by no later then 4pm, because we had to have dinner and get to the fireworks dessert party. I didn't want to wait 30 minutes in a fastpass line, and get an undesirable return time. So, mom and I breezed past, and made a simple decision to just hope in line.

I love these little touches..

One potato, two potato, three potato, four!

Continued in next post (stupid picture limits!)
Old 12-08-2010, 09:27 PM   #87
IheartDDuck
DIS Veteran

Day 1 - 11/25/2010 Cont.

Well our deciding to stand in line was worth it, because the wait was only 30 minutes, when it was posted at 90. Score! We were on the ride, and I was on my way to kicking mom's butt!

My score is on the left (woot woot!)

Yup, I beat mom, and I was best in vehicle (yee haw!)

Once off the ride it was not yet 10am, so we decided to hop back in line again! We ended up waiting in line with a really nice lady and her adoptive daughter, so we were able to spend the wait time talking about everything and nothing. I love finding people like this in Disney. This was their first time ever on TSM, and they were leaving HS around 2pm to head down to Fort Lauderdale. We ended up parting ways when we boarded the ride, but it was nice to spend the time with them. The wait time this time around ended up being about 1 hour.

I beat mom again (say what?!)

And I was best in car again (you know it!)

However, I thought my score was a little iffy.

Mom was terrified of hers....

Once we were all done with our two obligatory TSM rides, we were ready to have some lunch. All of that trigger pulling made us hungry! HS is not my favorite place for CS, so I really didn't know where we were going to eat. I did know that I wanted to eat early, because if you can eat between 11 and 11:30, you'll miss the crowd. We were around the Backlot area, so we headed over to Backlot Express to check it out. We had checked out Studio Catering, but the menu was all sandwiches, and I kind of wanted something hot.

There was no one at Backlot Express (score! Actually, using the early eating method worked really well the entire trip), so we placed our order in no time. I got: angus avocado cheeseburger with carrots, sweet tea, and swirl cheesecake. Mom got: vegetable sandwich with carrots, sweet tea, and strawberry parfait.

We were both really satisfied with this choice, and it's on my list to return again. The burger and sandwich were really fresh and tasty.

I loved the signs

Had to take this picture. Totally used to watch this movie all the time when I was younger.

That's it for now folks.

Next update: Does Lottso really smell like strawberries?
Old 12-11-2010, 01:20 PM   #88
Lovemy3babes
Is always in need to get herself and her children back to our "Happy Place"!

I'm the same way; always forgetting something. lol! Always!! Glad your first wait wasn't as long as posted. That is such a nice surprise. It's fun to chat with friendly people in line. Great update!

Just me and my girl…a very special 13th Birthday trip!
(updated 2/20/14)
Old 12-11-2010, 02:45 PM   #89
IheartDDuck
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovemy3babes View Post
I'm the same way; always forgetting something. lol! Always!! Glad your first wait wasn't as long as posted. That is such a nice surprise. It's fun to chat with friendly people in line. Great update!
Yeah, it always feels inevitably like you're going to forget something. I've even been in a group where a certain person (DAD!), left his annual pass in the room and didn't figure it out until we were all the way to the park! LOL. Fortunately it wasn't that bad.
Old 12-11-2010, 02:54 PM   #90
IheartDDuck
DIS Veteran

We Interrupt this Trip with a PTR!!!

Hello readers!

If we were in the Laugh Floor, I would ask you to go AAAHHHHHH in response to that!

Since I am making this a two for one trip report now, I figured that I would report on some of the plans that I have for my trip that is coming up over New Years.

Who:
Me and Dad

Where:
POP Century

When:
December 30 - January 4

Why:
Because we like to!

We will be arriving in Florida on 12/30. I got a great deal on a flight out of Milwaukee again via Southwest. The flight departs Milwaukee at 7:25pm and arrives at 11:15pm. We are booked on the Magical Express. We also will be utilizing the quick service dining plan this time as well, because my mom and I liked it so much when we had done it in November.

Day 1 Potential Itinerary -
Hollywood Studios @8am
Back to room @5pm
Back to Hollywood Studios @10pm (open until 3am!)

Our flight gets in late, so I'm hoping that I'll be able to get myself up early enough to get to Hollywood Studios at 8am. Hopefully I won't be too tired.

Dining will be:
Everything POP - breakfast
Backlot Express - lunch
Everything POP - dinner

Dad likes to ride everything, so we will have a full plate on this day. We have to see how we can fit everything in, but I think the midday break will make things much better. And of course, Toy Story Mania at least twice is on the agenda!

Up Next: More TR and more PTR!

Thanks for reading everyone!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: