Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





 
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 03-06-2011, 07:15 PM   #226
IheartDDuck
DIS Veteran
 
IheartDDuck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 5,866

Quote:
Originally Posted by TanzUnited99 View Post
Those people leaving RnR coaster sure were impatient. on the cast members ruining the Aerosmith pre show - that would have totally spoiled it for all of you but especially those experiencing it for the first time.

Hope you manage to break the 200,000 mark soon.

Love the gingerbread house pics at Pop - have not seen them before. Sounds like you had a great time at DTD, apart from the shock at the pictures!
I loved the gingerbread houses too! I had never seen those before either, so it was a nice surprise, and the castmember's who made them were very talented.
IheartDDuck is offline  
Old 03-06-2011, 09:16 PM   #227
wdwgirl03
I'm just a big Disney Freak! :-)
I will throw a party the day I get a tag!!!
I am pretty wimpy when it comes to thrill rides
 
wdwgirl03's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 12,086

I don't know how I got so far behind!

First of all, that cupcake from Starring Rolls looks amazing! I keep telling my sister about that place and how we have to go there on our trip. I think it'll be hard to stay out now that we keep watching all these cake/cupcake shows on TV. haha!

Woo hoo for AK being so empty. Your Dinosaur ride picture is hilarious.

Nice scores on TSM even if you didn't quite beat 200,000.
__________________
I *HEART* WALT DISNEY WORLD!! been there, done that, GOING BACK!
'91-Disney villas '93, '95, '97, '99, '01, '02-Polynesian '03-All Star Sports '05-All Star Movies; offsite- Universal/Disney Oct. '06, Dec. '07/Jan. '08-Saratoga Springs May '08-Animal Kingdom Lodge Dec. '08-Beach Club Villas Aug. '09-Villas @ the Wilderness Lodge April '10-Kidani Village Aug. '10-Saratoga Springs Mar. '11-Old Key West Oct. '11-Saratoga Springs April '12-Boardwalk Villas April '13-Bay Lake Tower Aug. '13-Pop Century Dec. '13-Saratoga Springs April '14-Pop Century UPCOMING TRIP: Dec. '14-DISNEYLAND!!!
*DVC member since 2006*

Disneyland- '04, '06

Check out my past TRs: Mar./April '11 Oct. '11 CURRENT TR: APRIL '13 TR APRIL '13 PTR facebook Twitter/Instagram:mugirl0307
wdwgirl03 is offline  
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 03-06-2011, 09:43 PM   #228
IheartDDuck
DIS Veteran
 
IheartDDuck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 5,866

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdwgirl03 View Post
I don't know how I got so far behind!

First of all, that cupcake from Starring Rolls looks amazing! I keep telling my sister about that place and how we have to go there on our trip. I think it'll be hard to stay out now that we keep watching all these cake/cupcake shows on TV. haha!

Woo hoo for AK being so empty. Your Dinosaur ride picture is hilarious.

Nice scores on TSM even if you didn't quite beat 200,000.
I totally saw on someone else's TR that Starring Rolls has a Butterfinger cupcake too! I'm totally going to have to get that one the next time around.
IheartDDuck is offline  
Old 03-06-2011, 11:23 PM   #229
Emilyswish
Mouseketeer
 
Emilyswish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: South Jersey
Posts: 427

I just caught up on your New Year's trip! Great report.

Wow, AK was really empty compared to MK where we went on 1/1/11. It wasn't too bad when we got there around 9 though. I wish I would've thought about a little bit more because we had to skip AK and we really could've gone to AK that morning and probably still gotten to MK for our ADR at 11:30. Darn! That's what happens when you're a newbie I guess!
Emilyswish is offline  
Old 03-07-2011, 11:39 AM   #230
IheartDDuck
DIS Veteran
 
IheartDDuck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 5,866

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emilyswish View Post
I just caught up on your New Year's trip! Great report.

Wow, AK was really empty compared to MK where we went on 1/1/11. It wasn't too bad when we got there around 9 though. I wish I would've thought about a little bit more because we had to skip AK and we really could've gone to AK that morning and probably still gotten to MK for our ADR at 11:30. Darn! That's what happens when you're a newbie I guess!
New Year's is kind of like uncharted territory for everyone. I had a feeling that it would be empty that morning, but I wasn't entirely sure how it was going to turn out.
IheartDDuck is offline  
Old 03-07-2011, 01:47 PM   #231
Nermel9
DIS Veteran
 
Nermel9's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 6,644

Great updates! Can't believe how empty AK was! I love EE, I could ride that over and over! Dinosaur though? I can't be bothered! I suppose I should give it another try, since everyone loves it, but I went on it once and that was enough for me!

I can't believe you score so high on TSM! Wait til you see my scores on the last day of my trip!
__________________

NEW December 2013 TR, In Progress!

My TR's/PTR's~2/13 TR~11/12 TR!~11/12 PTR!~5/12 TR!~5/12 PTR!~12/11 TR!~10/11 TR!~10/11 PTR!~11/10 TR!~11/10 PTR!~Disneymoon TR 5/10!


Many family trips offsite~9/08 ASMu~11/09 WL~Disneymoon 5/10 BC~11/10 POR~10/11 WL~12/11 Pop~5/12 BC~11/12 AoA/POR~2/13 AKL/BLT
Nermel9 is offline  
Old 03-07-2011, 03:23 PM   #232
IheartDDuck
DIS Veteran
 
IheartDDuck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 5,866

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nermel9 View Post
Great updates! Can't believe how empty AK was! I love EE, I could ride that over and over! Dinosaur though? I can't be bothered! I suppose I should give it another try, since everyone loves it, but I went on it once and that was enough for me!

I can't believe you score so high on TSM! Wait til you see my scores on the last day of my trip!
The only reason that my scores end up that high is at the expense of my arm......I pretty much have no feeling in it at all when I leave the ride.
IheartDDuck is offline  
Old 03-09-2011, 01:19 PM   #233
IheartDDuck
DIS Veteran
 
IheartDDuck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 5,866

Day 3 - Sunday January 2, 2011

So this day starts out earlier then I anticipated.

We were asleep, and I got a text message at about midnight. It was my mom telling me that my grandma had told her there was a fire at Disney World. Right after that, she sent me another one saying that she had checked it online and that the fire was at Universal Studios at Dudley Do Right's Ripsaw Falls. She said it was destroyed. We all know that's not true, but that's the funny part of getting news too early. I tried surfing the internet, but for some reason, my phone gets jacked up service inside POP.

Well, I figured I would wait until morning, but then Dad woke up because he had gotten scared when the phone beeped. I explained the story to him about Dudley Do Right. Then I said:

"The ironic part is that it's a water ride."

Seriously, we must have been really tired and punchy because the two of us starting laughing for about 5 straight minutes before we stopped. Like it was the funniest thing we had ever heard.

When I got up in the morning I turned on the news right away and was able to find out that the ride was damaged but not destroyed and that no one was hurt.

This was our Magic Kingdom day. I woke up at 7am and got myself ready. Then I got Dad up and we were ready to go by 7:45am. We headed into the food court for breakfast. I was really hungry, because not having any dinner the night before had kind of caught up.

We went into Everything POP.

I ordered:


Dad got the bounty platter........again:


The new dining plan had begun because it was 2011, so we were no longer able to get two drinks with breakfast. That's okay with me, because normally it was too much anyway. Breakfast was good and we were done and out the door by 8:30am.



The bus stop for the Magic Kingdom was a little bit on the full side, but not too bad. A bus came shortly after we arrived and we all loaded on. Here is another of my mini rants. Every time there is standing room only, why are people over the age of 60 and children standing, and perfectly young, healthy and capable men are sitting? I grew up with a father who always gave and still gives his seat up. Why aren't men like this today? This particular bus ride really got to me. Dad and I were standing, and that was fine with me. But there were lots of little children standing and they had to, because no 30 something guys gave up their seats. Seriously, man up. Or are you too big of a pansy that your legs can't possibly hold you upright for a 10 minute bus ride. Maybe people don't agree with me on this, but seriously when a 3 year old kid is standing, and a 35 year old man is sitting, I see this as fundamentally wrong.....

So other than having a lot of pansy guys on our bus, the ride was pretty uneventful. We got to the park at about 8:45am, and I was super excited, because I have never seen the welcome ceremony for the Magic Kingdom. I know, how many years have I been going to Disney World and I've never seen this. There is something wrong here....



















Once the welcome ceremony was done, the crowds headed in. I find it funny that they have an announcement that goes over the speaker, reminding people to walk to their destination calmly. We really are a society that needs to be reminded of this, aren't we?



Dad and I had a plan today. We were going to take our normal afternoon break and come back at night, so we had things we wanted to do specifically this morning. First things first, we headed to.....



We opted to wait in line rather then get fastpasses, and since it was our first ride, our wait wasn't long. 10 minutes, if anything. It was fun as always. I got the last seat, and this is the one that always makes me laugh because it's the one where the turns seem to get you the most.

After that, Dad wanted to ride Buzz.

He was on a mission



And he told me I was going down......







For the first time ever, we had technical difficulties with our car. Every time you would touch the joystick, the car would spin and spin. There was no way to regulate it. Needless to say, this made our ride more difficult then it would normally be. I still got a pretty good score, but dad didn't.

My score.



I couldn't get dad's score in time. He told me that was fine, because he was really irritated at the spinning car!

When we got off, I told a cast member about the car, so they could take care of it.

So, instead, we hop on the ride again. We got a normal car this time. And everything was allllll good....

My score



Dad's score



Redneck ride photo. Look how focused dad is!



Continued in next post..
IheartDDuck is offline  
Old 03-09-2011, 01:35 PM   #234
IheartDDuck
DIS Veteran
 
IheartDDuck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 5,866

Day 3 - Sunday January 2, 2011

After that, we decided to head into Fantasyland. I called mom as we were heading over there to ask her if she had seen anything else on Universal. She said she hadn't, so I filled her in on the details that I had learned that morning. She said it was funny when Grandma told her it was at Disney, because she was trying to get information from her and she couldn't remember anything. I guess Grandma just assumes that all theme parks in Orlando are Disney.

Anyway, it was a little after 10am, and I wanted to check our Peter Pan. It was a posted 40 minute wait, but the line didn't look that long. It wasn't and we made it through and off the ride by 10:30am.



Dad said that this ride makes him laugh, because he likes it, but doesn't understand why people wait so long for it. Two minutes and it's over.

Some Fantasyland pictures.





Can't wait until this is open and the expansion is done!





After some exploring, we headed over to the Haunted Mansion to check it out. We wanted to eat at 11ish to avoid crowds, and we didn't want to do something that we would wait too long for.







Still my favorite ride, and yes I am that person that recites the ghost host's line in the stretching room.

After this, we headed into Tomorrowland for our lunch destination.



Dad had said he really wanted fried chicken, but I wasn't sure of a location in Magic Kingdom that served fried chicken. I think what happened is the last night, he saw the fried chicken at POP, but didn't get it because he wasn't hungry enough. He said that Cosmic Ray's would be fine, because he could get the rotisserie chicken.

Yum!



I got chicken breast nuggets



We had a good view of Sunny Eclipse



For dessert, dad got a brownie and I got carrot cake.

The Yeti was very comfy



We took our time with lunch and everything was very satisfying. After that, we headed over to Frontierland to check our Thunder Mountain. The wait time was listed again at 40 minutes, but we waited. Our motto was "what else are we going to do?"

We did see Dream Along With Mickey briefly..









The wait was more like 30 minutes, and in no time we were on the wildest ride in the wilderness.









After this we contemplated



The wait time was 60 minutes, and neither one of us felt like getting wet, so we decided to forgo the ride.

After this, we headed over to



The wait time was 20 minutes. This is the first time in years that I've waited in line for Pirates. Normally, it's a walk on. After our ride to Tortuga, we decided that we would head back to relax and then return in the evening to do the rest.

Up Next: Shopping and our evening
IheartDDuck is offline  
Old 03-09-2011, 03:53 PM   #235
Nermel9
DIS Veteran
 
Nermel9's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 6,644

What a great morning at MK! I love the opening ceremony, it's so adorable!

I don't think I've ever eaten at Cosmic Ray's, but that rotisserie chicken looks yummy!
__________________

NEW December 2013 TR, In Progress!

My TR's/PTR's~2/13 TR~11/12 TR!~11/12 PTR!~5/12 TR!~5/12 PTR!~12/11 TR!~10/11 TR!~10/11 PTR!~11/10 TR!~11/10 PTR!~Disneymoon TR 5/10!


Many family trips offsite~9/08 ASMu~11/09 WL~Disneymoon 5/10 BC~11/10 POR~10/11 WL~12/11 Pop~5/12 BC~11/12 AoA/POR~2/13 AKL/BLT
Nermel9 is offline  
Old 03-09-2011, 04:03 PM   #236
IheartDDuck
DIS Veteran
 
IheartDDuck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 5,866

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nermel9 View Post
What a great morning at MK! I love the opening ceremony, it's so adorable!

I don't think I've ever eaten at Cosmic Ray's, but that rotisserie chicken looks yummy!
I know, opening ceremony is great!

Welcome, welcome, welcome.....

I recommend Cosmic Ray's. They have a lot to choose from and it's all really good.
IheartDDuck is offline  
Old 03-09-2011, 07:06 PM   #237
TinkerbellLuvr7
Tinkerbellluvr7
 
TinkerbellLuvr7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Orlando, FL-5 mins from the WDW Arch!
Posts: 5,248

great update! Your dad seems like a blast! I wish my dad were like that. He goes to WDW but is super OCD in everything where as your dad seems like the type that will stop and smell the roses where as mine is go go go!!!! I guess he still has a little kid within him otherwise he would refuse to go. I guess he can blame the family obsession on the fact that they went to WDW for their Disneymoon and has gone back countless times since!

I would so vacation with you..I do the ride lines too! ToT is by far my fav. We would ride that on our days off over and over again, eventually made friends with some bell hops, and they'd back door us HM is a fav too!
__________________
Me(Megan)
TinkerbellLuvr7 is offline  
Old 03-09-2011, 07:54 PM   #238
IheartDDuck
DIS Veteran
 
IheartDDuck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 5,866

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinkerbellLuvr7 View Post
great update! Your dad seems like a blast! I wish my dad were like that. He goes to WDW but is super OCD in everything where as your dad seems like the type that will stop and smell the roses where as mine is go go go!!!! I guess he still has a little kid within him otherwise he would refuse to go. I guess he can blame the family obsession on the fact that they went to WDW for their Disneymoon and has gone back countless times since!

I would so vacation with you..I do the ride lines too! ToT is by far my fav. We would ride that on our days off over and over again, eventually made friends with some bell hops, and they'd back door us HM is a fav too!
My dad is the best, truly. He used to be go go go, but I think now that's he's taken his time, he's realized that you can have a good time and relax at the same time.

I love lines! I think it's a great way to interact with your party too, you know? You get to talk and just have fun. You're on vacation, where else are you going to go.

I'm thinking DIS meet in the future?
IheartDDuck is offline  
Old 03-10-2011, 11:10 AM   #239
TanzUnited99
DIS Veteran
 
TanzUnited99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Manchester
Posts: 3,775

Love that you got to see the MK opening ceremony after all this time!

Laughed at that picture of your dad telling you that you were going to go down! He sure was on a mission!
TanzUnited99 is offline  
Old 03-10-2011, 11:54 AM   #240
IheartDDuck
DIS Veteran
 
IheartDDuck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 5,866

Quote:
Originally Posted by TanzUnited99 View Post
Love that you got to see the MK opening ceremony after all this time!

Laughed at that picture of your dad telling you that you were going to go down! He sure was on a mission!
Oh, he's always on a mission.....he just rarely succeeds!
IheartDDuck is offline  
 



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:53 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.